AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-08-07, 16:04   Link #2441
yakumo-chan

Im pretty sure that.... before this series ends.... there will be a sharingan vs byakugan fight in the manga.....
Old 2010-08-07, 17:35   Link #2442
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

What would be the point?

Byakugan: "I can see in every direction!"
Sharingan: "I can shoot black fire and summon demons!"

Tell me how that wouldn't be an embarrassingly short fight.
Old 2010-08-08, 06:29   Link #2443
yakumo-chan

anything could happen

the only one that can shoot a black fire and summon a monster is Sasuke..... as far as I know, I havent seen Tobi and Kakashi doing that.....
Old 2010-08-08, 10:08   Link #2444
greyhame6

i wonder if kaiten (rotation) can negate that black arrow... rebounding it might be too much to ask though.
greyhame6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 13:39   Link #2445
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhame6 View Post
i wonder if kaiten (rotation) can negate that black arrow... rebounding it might be too much to ask though.
Well that's a good question. I'm not sure about the arrow, but my thoughts on it's affects on amateratsu I think would be interesting. Since it's pretty much a bubble of chakra if it's strong enough than the person shouldn't be burned. I can see it doing on of two things. Causing a ring of fire surrounding the individual or causing a large funnel of fire which eventually consumes the person.

I also wanted to mention the person must be extremely fast to do a feat like that...

Last edited by tkdtiger; 2010-08-11 at 19:26.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 15:21   Link #2446
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Sharingan. Susanoo, Tsukiyomi, Amaterasu enough said.

Seriously though it would be badass if Byakugan had a second relese form.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 15:46   Link #2447
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKikyo91 View Post
Sharingan. Susanoo, Tsukiyomi, Amaterasu enough said.

Seriously though it would be badass if Byakugan had a second relese form.
Well I think it would be cool if the Byakugan had another lvl, but I never thought that the Byakugan was meant for offensive power.

Spoiler:

One interesting aspect of the Byakugan is it allowing to see tenketsu points. The user can press those points to stop chakra flow, decrease chakra flow and even increase chakra flow. In theory I believe that a Byakugan user should be able to force open their gates much easier.

If the byakugan had another lvl (although it could be argued that Byakugan's second lvl is it's ability to see the tenketsu points), I think it should be something like being able to see things through others eyes. Similar to Ino's technique of entering a person's body, but without the draw back that the person becomes unconscious.
Old 2010-08-14, 16:25   Link #2448
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhame6 View Post
By definition, Amaterasu burns anything it touches. The way Kaiten works is the user creates a solid shield of chakra, protecting the user from any attack. However, so far we've only seen Kaiten work against physical attacks such as Taijutsu and weapons. He haven't seen how effective it is against chakra attacks or elemental jutsu. I can imagine something like Rasengan or Chidori would break through the shield. When you really think about it, Kaiten is an enlarged version of the Ransengan but it travels only in one direction, whereas the Rasengan spins in every concievable direction. I would imagine, then, that the Amaterasu would break through Kaiten quite easily by burning right through it.

As for the intuitive abilities of either Doujutsu, the Byakugan is the better tool for understanding someone's emotions through their body language, but it doesn't have the predictive abilities of the Sharingan. the Byakugan can see the flow of chakra much like the Sharingan, allowing the user to act on the movement of chakra in some way. However, the Sharingan allows one to know what their opponent will do even before they do in combat and are able to copy them or react in advance. From an outsider's point of view, the Sharingan gives the user faster reflexes than someone who would be using the Byakugan. The Sharingan tells the user what their opponent will do. A Byakugan user still has to figure that out on their own.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 21:32   Link #2449
Fruits Basket Fan

I prefer the Byakugan, but sadly....I do believe that the Sharingan is more gifted compared to the latter.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 03:44   Link #2450
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
By definition, Amaterasu burns anything it touches. The way Kaiten works is the user creates a solid shield of chakra, protecting the user from any attack. However, so far we've only seen Kaiten work against physical attacks such as Taijutsu and weapons. He haven't seen how effective it is against chakra attacks or elemental jutsu. I can imagine something like Rasengan or Chidori would break through the shield. When you really think about it, Kaiten is an enlarged version of the Ransengan but it travels only in one direction, whereas the Rasengan spins in every concievable direction. I would imagine, then, that the Amaterasu would break through Kaiten quite easily by burning right through it.

As for the intuitive abilities of either Doujutsu, the Byakugan is the better tool for understanding someone's emotions through their body language, but it doesn't have the predictive abilities of the Sharingan. the Byakugan can see the flow of chakra much like the Sharingan, allowing the user to act on the movement of chakra in some way. However, the Sharingan allows one to know what their opponent will do even before they do in combat and are able to copy them or react in advance. From an outsider's point of view, the Sharingan gives the user faster reflexes than someone who would be using the Byakugan. The Sharingan tells the user what their opponent will do. A Byakugan user still has to figure that out on their own.
Well I think in terms of kaiten it would depend on the user and how far out they can extend the chakra from their body. I'm theorizing if they can create a strong Kaiten that is a good distance from their body they may be able to survive. At least that is what I'm thinking. You have to remember that Neji's absolute defense was compared to Gaara's absolute defense in terms of strength and I doubt that Neji had the strongest Kaiten in the series at that time.

Last edited by tkdtiger; 2010-08-16 at 10:10.
Old 2010-08-23, 14:02   Link #2451
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
What would be the point?

Byakugan: "I can see in every direction!"
Sharingan: "I can shoot black fire and summon demons!"

Tell me how that wouldn't be an embarrassingly short fight.
That was funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
anything could happen

the only one that can shoot a black fire and summon a monster is Sasuke..... as far as I know, I havent seen Tobi and Kakashi doing that.....
Yeah, But why would a Byakugan user (Neeji or his uncle) fight Kakashi or Madara? And why we as reader would care about that fight, or what that fight would help out to the plot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
You have to remember that Neji's absolute defense was compared to Gaara's absolute defense in terms of strength and I doubt that Neji had the strongest Kaiten in the series at that time.
You have to remember also that Gaara ultimate defense was pierced by Sasuke Chidory like butter, and it was Sasuke first time using that Jutsu in actual battle. Because Kaiten is just chakra that neeji emits from his entire body, any chakra stronger than the one used for Kaiten is going to be able to destroy it.
Old 2010-08-23, 14:38   Link #2452
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
That was funny

Yeah, But why would a Byakugan user (Neeji or his uncle) fight Kakashi or Madara? And why we as reader would care about that fight, or what that fight would help out to the plot?

You have to remember also that Gaara ultimate defense was pierced by Sasuke Chidory like butter, and it was Sasuke first time using that Jutsu in actual battle. Because Kaiten is just chakra that neeji emits from his entire body, any chakra stronger than the one used for Kaiten is going to be able to destroy it.
Just modifying my point a little in a sense it maybe possible to use kaiten if the person is fast enough and they're able to create a strong enough chakra shield using kaiten its hard really to distinguish if it can but we did see neji block an attack by naruto that was using the fox chakra and at that time he mentioned that it was stronger than the other time he used the fox chakra of course amateratsu is probably stronger but than again amateratsu isn't an attack meant to pierce but It's an attack meant to consume and incinerate
Old 2010-08-23, 15:55   Link #2453
Neji112

Amaterasu hasn't been shown to have momentum once it strikes a target. It ignites whatever the user sees. So once the black flame hits the Kaiten, even if it burns through it, the black flame doesn't continue in a forward motion towards the Kaiten user. It's why when Sasuke and Itachi were fighting, Itachi's black flame didn't burn through Sasukes katon but simply smothered it.

However the effectiveness of Kaiten would be limited by how much of it is engulfed by Amaterasu. If the entire Kaiten is covered by it then the flame will simply fall on top of the user once the Kaitien is either burned through or the Kaiten is taken down.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 16:14   Link #2454
herculan

Kishi stated in 1 of his first chapter prologues that he liked sasukes design above all elses. He is a fanboy.. The second people will start complaining about this and sending him Threating messages for him to fix it. He will invent the Mangekyo Byakugan!!!! and THEN we will talk... Right now its unfair.. Mangekyo is a technique that is selfdestructing to the eyes and is seen as a very dangerous S rank technique. You cant compare it to a simple kaiten Im sorry.
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 20:13   Link #2455
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neji112 View Post
Amaterasu hasn't been shown to have momentum once it strikes a target. It ignites whatever the user sees. So once the black flame hits the Kaiten, even if it burns through it, the black flame doesn't continue in a forward motion towards the Kaiten user. It's why when Sasuke and Itachi were fighting, Itachi's black flame didn't burn through Sasukes katon but simply smothered it.
Itachi willingly stopped the jutsu by shutting his eye. Had he continued the jutsu, Sasuke would've been burned once his Katon was destroyed.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 04:58   Link #2456
yakumo-chan

the byakugan vs. sharingan could happen in the manga....

the fight could be...

Kakashi vs. Ao
Old 2010-08-24, 09:53   Link #2457
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Just modifying my point a little in a sense it maybe possible to use kaiten if the person is fast enough and they're able to create a strong enough chakra shield using kaiten its hard really to distinguish if it can but we did see neji block an attack by naruto that was using the fox chakra and at that time he mentioned that it was stronger than the other time he used the fox chakra of course amateratsu is probably stronger but than again amateratsu isn't an attack meant to pierce but It's an attack meant to consume and incinerate
Remember that Neeji only started the motion of the Kaiten and when both chakra collided it created an explosion dissipating Neeji “semi” Kaiten and Naruto’s Kyubi chakra veil.

Besides, Amaterasu burns continuously for 7 straight days, so, is not a question of Amaterasu piercing the Kaiten, rather if Kaiten can stop Amaterasu from consuming the chakra and the user. Not to mention Kaiten is not part of the Byakugan whereas Amaterasu is part of the powers you could have access with the Sharingan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
the byakugan vs. sharingan could happen in the manga....

the fight could be...

Kakashi vs. Ao

That would end up on both of them been too tired to continue or Ao been sent to another dimension. not to mention, I doubt Ao could do Hyuga clan Jutsus.
Old 2010-08-24, 10:01   Link #2458
tkdtiger

Quote:
Remember that Neeji only started the motion of the Kaiten and when both chakra collided it created an explosion dissipating Neeji “semi” Kaiten and Naruto’s Kyubi chakra veil.

Besides, Amaterasu burns continuously for 7 straight days, so, is not a question of Amaterasu piercing the Kaiten, rather if Kaiten can stop Amaterasu from consuming the chakra and the user. Not to mention Kaiten is not part of the Byakugan whereas Amaterasu is part of the powers you could have access with the Sharingan.

That would end up on both of them been too tired to continue or Ao been sent to another dimension. not to mention, I doubt Ao could do Hyuga clan Jutsus.
Well its definately interesting theories
Old 2010-08-24, 10:15   Link #2459
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Well its definately interesting theories
They are NOT theories
Old 2010-08-24, 10:16   Link #2460
tkdtiger

Talking

Quote:
They are NOT theories
Lol not what you said but some of the other theories.