AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2010-12-09, 01:19   Link #181
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
How HiME/Otome is ever become nostalgia after Sifr ended two years ago. Mai saga/franchise hasn't begun and want this thread to be retired. Geez you all need to stop jumping the gun like usual. You all should be thankful for Sunrise to keep HiME/Otome advertising in Japan alive. Everyone is impatient but lets take time and how it develops.
I honestly don't think we're jumping the gun. There's just denile in play with you guys.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 09:00   Link #182
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
I honestly don't think we're jumping the gun. There's just denile in play with you guys.
No one's in denial, maybe me. But it's too late end it already. My hopes can be kept on this but not too much in the meantime what your hopes for this franchise.

Let us be patient, be patient!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 07:55   Link #183
Same_Shark

The website hasn't been updated since March. It's pretty much a dead franchise.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 09:44   Link #184
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
The website hasn't been updated since March. It's pretty much a dead franchise.
I've posted this early September, this both for revival advertisement

Slot Machine

http://www.okazakisangyo.com/slot/mh..._site/top.html

Pop Quiz's

http://www.okazakisangyo.com/slot/mh...te/sp_top.html

They updated since the last day of November, I'm keeping my hopes alive and but I don't know about yours.

Midori's as a bunny girl is pretty awesome and Fumi acting all hit women is awesome.
Old 2010-12-11, 17:37   Link #185
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Hey, if you guys wanna leave the fandom, go for it; don't let the door smack you on the butt on the way out. But why make pointless posts about it? It might be dead, and it might not. I've seen plenty of series go into hiatus for awhile, then come out with new stuff.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 18:31   Link #186
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Hey, if you guys wanna leave the fandom, go for it; don't let the door smack you on the butt on the way out. But why make pointless posts about it? It might be dead, and it might not. I've seen plenty of series go into hiatus for awhile, then come out with new stuff.
Indeed and yet this the beginning of the Mai franchise greatly enough they'll will be some bitching to that it will be generic as hell.
Old 2011-01-07, 18:28   Link #187
Naif

The website was updated with this news (Google translation):

Quote:
Animation specialty channel <Animax> by February 14 (Monday), the "Mai - B HiME" begins broadcasting!

To celebrate this broadcast, February 12, two days before broadcast (Saturday), "B-HiME (Otome) Valentine's Night" event will be held all-night screenings and 称Shita!
At this event, the hometown of noted producer producer of this film length, in addition to showing a selection from among a total of 13 episodes of all 26 episodes, Arica Yumemiya role Mika Kikuchi, Ami Koshimizu won the role of Nina talk show guests, and will conduct a lottery to win a coveted goodies fans!

Valentine Chinami The Visitors to everyone even chocolate gift!

<Event Overview>
■ Name
[Mai - HiME B] broadcast Memorial "B-HiME Valentine's Night"
■ time
February 12, 2011 (Saturday) starting 22:00 (5:30 the next morning the end) will be ※
■ Venue
TOHO Cinemas Roppongi Hills
■ Charge
3,000 yen (tax included)
■ Contents
13 stories selected by film producer hometown talk show, raffle
■ person on stage
Mika Kikuchi (part Yumemiya Arica), Ami Koshimizu (Nina won the role), plus producer hometown length (to be ※)

<For ticket sales>
January 7, 2011 (Friday) from starting at the pre-Ticket Reserve.
See Web site Animax (www.animax.co.jp)
Old 2011-01-12, 12:31   Link #188
oompa loompa

wow.. and here I was trying to look for a place to give my thoughts on the series. I guess Asuki didn't have the system of having an 'Overall impressions' thread at the time (?)

First, let me say this; I've been watching anime for a while. I still remember when I got into it, and every other show was just so omgwtfbbq awesome, as most of them were top 50 ANN. Then there came a time where I used to be seriously obsessed with anime, and then my interest in it waned quite a bit, in favor of video games ( naturally, books and movies never lost their place..well.. maybe for a little bit). So here I was, with quite selective taste in shows, deciding to pick up Mai Hime, one of the most generic looking shows I'd ever seen. It didn't bother me as much as it would have normally, as I had just came back from Japan, and after having a long and interesting discussion with a Japanese friend on how the 'magical girl' genre came up, I kinda wanted to just soak in all the stereotypical stuff that was bound to be there.

And, I guess it was pretty damn stereotypical in many ways. Still, I got some laughs out of the first few episodes, and there was barely enough intrigue to keep me going. By the end of it (and mind you, it did pick up quite a bit in the second arc of the series ), I thought 'meh.. not too shabby, quite run of the mill though'. Though really, after letting it simmer a bit, the show really was quite good by the end of it. I loved how the relationships started breaking apart, maintaining a slightly odd 'doki doki' atmosphere. Got quite epic too. I liked the characters, least of all the lead though. So, I'd originally thought this show was a 7/10. But I'm going to give it 8/10, just because theres something nostalgic and old school about it, and has a little more edge and less fan service than a lot of stuff thats out there today. A solid starter show, certainly not up there with the likes of say, FMA, but not bad, and worth the watch, because it is quite famous, and it really is quite a good showcase of 'magical girl'.

My biggest complaint? The most interesting HiMes ( oh, you guys know EXACTLY who I'm talking about ), were not revealed till much later. Really, out of the 3 leads, only Natsuki was kinda cool. Otherwise, the less.. goody two shoes.. HiMes really stole the show, emphasizing just how fragile relationships can be.

Oh and another thing. I think being slightly familiar with Japanese mythology will make a huge impact to this show. Once you know the meanings and stories behind the names, it becomes so much more interesting, because it kinda becomes the authors take on the stories and the characters in them. I definetly enjoyed that aspect. At any rate, its worth researching once the show is finished, as I'm not sure how you'd get to know not having watched the show without researching each and every HiMe. Also the story makes x10 more sense as well then.

Finally.. what did HiMe stand for? Highly advanced materalizing equipment? or something along those lines. Absolutely retarded. They should've just left it as plain HiMes (even if it was only in the OP!)
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 16:24   Link #189
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post

Finally.. what did HiMe stand for? Highly advanced materalizing equipment? or something along those lines. Absolutely retarded. They should've just left it as plain HiMes (even if it was only in the OP!)
You can call it Materializers instead of the whole thing.
Old 2011-01-13, 00:55   Link #190
Vicious Ambitious

Quote:
You can call it Materializers instead of the whole thing.
Which would sound just as retarded. Though, I agree with "Hime" not making much sense when you break it down. It should just be Hime, As it means "Princess" in Japanese. So, agreeing with Oompa Loompa with everything he/she said. Good review!
Vicious Ambitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 01:00   Link #191
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious Ambitious View Post
Which would sound just as retarded. Though, I agree with "Hime" not making much sense when you break it down. It should just be Hime, As it means "Princess" in Japanese. So, agreeing with Oompa Loompa with everything he/she said. Good review!
Should we make a index of what kind type(s) or acronyms for HiME's unless there is more different ones.
Old 2011-01-13, 11:29   Link #192
Vicious Ambitious

Quote:
Should we make a index of what kind type(s) or acronyms for HiME's unless there is more different ones.
I'm saying the need for acronyms as far as Hime is concerned is unnecessary. Materializers doesn't work because it references Mai-Z-Hime: Otome, and if viewers haven't seen it, it would go over their heads. It should be Hime, no acronym. since we're discussing the original.
Old 2011-01-13, 12:04   Link #193
SpookyTeddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
tbh, certain members of this board have left to go to another forum to discuss. But yeah, a lot of people lost interest and if and when new stuff comes out, old members will come back here and there will also be new fans, too.
SpookyTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 15:13   Link #194
Vicious Ambitious

Quote:
We all know that Sunrise isn't giving up on HiME and possibly SEED will be back soon. More and more fans are growing and the demand is strong. I promise you Mai HiME will be a trend on twitter, when Sunrise announces it.
No, not "we", YOU think that. Don't assume that every fan agrees with you. Are you in Japan working for Sunrise? No. Are you in any way affiliated with the Mai series, know any secret news events and meetings for any upcoming and future projects that is related? No. That's why people are fed up with you because you tell them there will be this huge Hime event at a certain date, then when it doesn't happen, they get angry at you from giving their hopes up. That's why they moved to another forum to discuss Hime there. I understand that fans are getting impatient and moving onto other things, so relax.

Last edited by Vicious Ambitious; 2011-01-13 at 15:27.
Old 2011-01-13, 15:20   Link #195
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I really don't know what you are doing here Highman, other than giving people shit. I just recently returned for the heck of it, and there you are again.

You are welcomed to your opinions and/or statements, but when they (and thats most of them) are not based on actual facts, they are subject to harsh scrutiny and does not add brownie points to your character.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 15:33   Link #196
oompa loompa

Quote:
No, not "we", YOU think that. Don't assume that every fan agrees with you. Are you in Japan working for Sunrise? No. Are you in any way affiliated with the Mai series, know any secret news events and meetings for any upcoming and future projects that is related? No. That's why people are fed up with you because you tell them there will be this huge Hime event at a certain date, then when it doesn't happen, they get angry at you from giving their hopes up. That's why they moved to another forum to discuss Hime there. I understand that fans are getting impatient and moving onto other things, so relax.
Indeed. At any rate, till an official announcement is made, no reason to cause any stir. In fact, even if there is one, you don't know. Look at Suzumiya Haruhi, ( a series that is objectively far superior, and possibly as popular), and how long it took to get disappearance out, even after it was announced. On the other hand, InuYasha got closure, even after the show was long dead and gone. If I'm not mistaken, even Ah! My Goddess is getting another OVA. Bottom line is, if it happens it will happen, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Especially because, the shows in this series all had closure, and full endings. There is nothing to wrap up. Might as well leave it while its good and succesful if you ask me, instead of flogging an already dead horse. Still you never know, its just better to move on to other things, and leave the good as good, and if something comes up, all well and good.

This thread (and sub-forum) needs to go into retired.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 20:25   Link #197
Highman

Quote:
I am relaxed but I don't know what about you. Maybe you are upset over what I did, still I am sorry about that fiasco. Blame me seriously it was a stupid idea on my part and should be ban for it.

Just like every fan we check the site anytime another thing I should stop speculating as well maybe that would make things more better for you.

I'm gonna delete every post on speculating right now.

Last edited by Highman; 2011-01-13 at 20:36.
Old 2011-01-13, 21:58   Link #198
SpookyTeddy

Quote:
I am relaxed but I don't know what about you. Maybe you are upset over what I did, still I am sorry about that fiasco. Blame me seriously it was a stupid idea on my part and should be ban for it.

Just like every fan we check the site anytime another thing I should stop speculating as well maybe that would make things more better for you.

I'm gonna delete every post on speculating right now.
Vicious is speaking for the fans that are fed up with you and have left the board, she hasn't had the chance to meet you and be angry with you yet. Yet you still continue to say that "There's a special Hime event in Valentine's Day!" Which is rubbish.

You're not worthy of fans trying to ban you, they simply won't reply or discuss anything with you, or else, Hell, they go to another forum altogether. And V's right, don't expect when you say "We check the site every time" that every fan thinks exactly the way you do. Don't speak for all of us. Speculating is not " There will be a Hime super duper special event in such and such a time!" I told you this back in the day and you threw a tantrum over it. You don't listen.

Last edited by SpookyTeddy; 2011-01-13 at 22:09.
Old 2011-01-13, 22:15   Link #199
SpookyTeddy

Quote:
I don't remember that and never said check the site only for DVD blu-ray releases. Really I was on drugs on that day!

We were all speculating over this also no one couldn't understand my grammar.

Retract your paragraph next time before you say something
Paragraph retracted as it was name calling, but what I said is true as I'm taking the high road with this. But check your previous posts, It's all there if you don't remember. You are not admitting to my allegations, which is ignorant on your part. DVD b. r. releases was the discussion, though I mentioned your attitude toward fans in general. Tak, Oompa Loompa, Vicious, and myself are all making this very clear to you. Maybe you should think and comprehend it before you reply again.
Old 2011-01-13, 22:26   Link #200
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyTeddy View Post
Paragraph retracted as it was name calling, but I'm taking the high road with this. But check your previous posts, It's all there. You are not admitting to my allegations, which is ignorant on your part. Tak, Oompa Loompa are, Vicious, and myself are all making this very clear to you. Maybe you should think and comprehend it before you reply again.
I understand I admit I was pretty stupid for making these stupid posts regarding everything.

In all my life, I kinda wished that wouldn't blabber my mouth too much for speculating for Sunrise is doing with the HiME project. Now I realized it was too late. You are all right for that matter and for once I'm apologize to you, Tak and everyone who love the Mai franchise for what is worth. Still I am sticking my guns, not clash anyone for stupid reasons nor stupid grammars.

I'm really looking forward to make amends with you and everyone