Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-10, 18:55   Link #2141
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not really. You could have mounted enemies, packs of wild animals surrounding and killing your horse, whatever. Dismounting to fight just makes no sense (except that it was easier to program).
I guess the trouble is they couldn't balance the mounted combat.

They didn't want mounted combat to be too weak, but if it is too strong then everyone would be force to fight mounted and all the melee skills would be wasted...

I got an idea!

An entire perk tree dedicated to mounted combat! As in, a unique set of combat skills to mounted combat, but you have to spend serious perk points and weaken your ground game as a trade off!
And you NEED the perks, because you can't use your normal weapon skills while riding.

And of course, you can't just go pure mounted, as you can't take your horse into a dungeon!

That would balance the game quite comfortably. You can only ride when you are outdoors, so if you perk Mounted too heavily then you will be too weak when fighting indoors.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-02-10 at 19:58.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 19:00   Link #2142
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I spent the entire video laughing my head off... some great stuff in there including Gamacrab at the end.
Old 2012-02-10, 19:03   Link #2143
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I want to fight that giant crab at the ending. Hope it drops something amazing Either way, I sort of agree with Vallen Chaos Valiant's idea. It definitely would work if you're purely focused on mounted combat, that you would have troubles on the ground.
Old 2012-02-11, 01:45   Link #2144
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I just realised why you use Moonstone to craft the Dovahcore helmet...

The MOON! Moon rocks! Portal conductor!

Sorry if it seemed obvious. I only just realised it just now.
Old 2012-02-11, 02:00   Link #2145
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

I got an idea!

An entire perk tree dedicated to mounted combat! As in, a unique set of combat skills to mounted combat, but you have to spend serious perk points and weaken your ground game as a trade off!
And you NEED the perks, because you can't use your normal weapon skills while riding.

And of course, you can't just go pure mounted, as you can't take your horse into a dungeon!

That would balance the game quite comfortably. You can only ride when you are outdoors, so if you perk Mounted too heavily then you will be too weak when fighting indoors.
Increased damage on horseback, better accuracy on horseback, better defense on horseback, and unable to be knocked off or better speed/impact on horseback?

Hey, sounds cool to me. I'm still waiting to hear about that giant mudcrab mount.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 02:22   Link #2146
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Increased damage on horseback, better accuracy on horseback, better defense on horseback, and unable to be knocked off or better speed/impact on horseback?

Hey, sounds cool to me. I'm still waiting to hear about that giant mudcrab mount.
The price you would pay, is that you lose access to all the perks relating to your normal combat skills while riding. In short, no synergy allowed. If you want to kill anything major while on a horse, you would have to sacrifice perk allocations.
Just because you are a master archer on foot, doesn't mean you could hit the broad side of a barn while on horseback.

All good if it means you can kill dragons on horseback, re-enacting St George. But it probably wouldn't be worth it for killing the odd bandit.
Old 2012-02-11, 07:44   Link #2147
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
The price you would pay, is that you lose access to all the perks relating to your normal combat skills while riding. In short, no synergy allowed. If you want to kill anything major while on a horse, you would have to sacrifice perk allocations.
Just because you are a master archer on foot, doesn't mean you could hit the broad side of a barn while on horseback.

All good if it means you can kill dragons on horseback, re-enacting St George. But it probably wouldn't be worth it for killing the odd bandit.
You could put the synergy as the last horseback perk. By the time you get to that, you should be pretty overpowered anyway.

Or rather than perks (or maybe in addition to perks) you could make it so you can only use certain skills/perks depending on your horse, with a good warhorse being as expensive as a house. In Solitude. (Plus the horsey armor he'll need to survive - that might be nice, too.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 11:29   Link #2148
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I got an idea!

No you can. Summon a companion, or a small sized pet like a hound, mount on him/her/it, and do mounted combat in a tavern!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 11:52   Link #2149
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
No you can. Summon a companion, or a small sized pet like a hound, mount on him/her/it, and do mounted combat in a tavern!
You know, all this discussion on horses made me understand why people wanted mounted combat so much.

It is part of culture that knights ride on horseback. Even more so, the image of a jousting knight is iconic. Without the ability to fight on a horse, or the wielding of a lance, something would always be missing about being knighted.

I mean, it is a bit sad that being Knight Errant in Oblivion just means having a house and a flatmate.
Old 2012-02-11, 12:36   Link #2150
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
You know, all this discussion on horses made me understand why people wanted mounted combat so much.

It is part of culture that knights ride on horseback. Even more so, the image of a jousting knight is iconic. Without the ability to fight on a horse, or the wielding of a lance, something would always be missing about being knighted.

I mean, it is a bit sad that being Knight Errant in Oblivion just means having a house and a flatmate.
Maybe we can bring this up on the TES forum; have a mod which you can ride your flatmate into combat.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-02-11, 17:32   Link #2151
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Maybe we can bring this up on the TES forum; have a mod which you can ride your flatmate into combat.
Heh, my little destruction mage only comes up to Lydia's armpits - she could piggyback on Lydia into battle I guess
Old 2012-02-11, 19:39   Link #2152
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Mods, if I can't link to a mod for a video game, please delete the link. I figure a link to a mod like this one should be okay, though.

After hours of playing, I decided to go back to a much earlier save, to redirect my path and character development in the game. Plus, I was learning so much over many hours, so restarting from an earlier save, I powerleveled to get back to a higher level, and know plenty about the game in order to level up fast.

I was putting perks in things like one-handed and block, but I would just use the bow and arrows to fight, so it was wasted perks. I am putting perks into alchemy, so if I ever really feel the need to use one handed weapons and a shield sometimes (which I won't use much), I can carry some fortify block and fortify one handed potions, and perhaps a fortify block ring and fortify one-handed gauntlets I could put on if I really felt like it.

I had the best perks in enchanting before I went back to a much earlier save, and it just makes the game so easy. I still buy some enchanted apparrel, but I don't want to stack enchanted apparel, accept perhaps sneaking apparel. I have a fortify sneak necklace I pickpocketed, and some leather boots of sneaking I bought. Also, to make the game a bit more challenging, I'm using leather armor, hide armor, and foresworn armor until later on, where I'll use scout armor. My character isn't suited for Elven, Glass, and Dragon armor. I am also using iron and steel arrows, and will eventually use scout arrows (I'll discuss the scout armor and scout weapons mod below).

I have made a stealth character. I have put perks into speechcaft, pickpocketing, sneaking, and alchemy, and plan to put some into light armor. All of those are in the stealth category. I have many perks in archery, too, and plan to put a few perks in smithing (I have one and will add two more).

I found a mod that I love. It is for scout armor and scout weapons. You craft them. The scout armor is good for defense, but not as high as dragon armor. It uses dragon scales, leather, and leather strips for the different parts of the armor. The weapons are made under the steel category. You can make your own scout arrows (50 at a time). You need the Elven smithing perk to craft your own arrows. The scout weapons include a dagger, a sword, a bow, and then there is the shield, with is called a counter-dagger. You use a dagger to block and repel attacks, which I really dig.

Here is the scout armor and scout weapon mod for those who are interested:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7109
Old 2012-02-11, 21:01   Link #2153
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Heh, my little destruction mage only comes up to Lydia's armpits - she could piggyback on Lydia into battle I guess
Lydia be your steed while you burn your foes to crisp
Old 2012-02-11, 21:57   Link #2154
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So you can join both the Imperials and Stormcloaks?
Old 2012-02-11, 23:04   Link #2155
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Not really possible. It's either Imperial, Stormcloaks, or just ignore the Civil War storyline completely, but that means you're not going to be able to complete your Shouts, as one of the words is in a dungeon that you can only access if you do the Civil War quest.
Old 2012-02-12, 14:17   Link #2156
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

impressive use of the game, The Great Battle of Skyrim. Best viewed in 720p.
Epic machinima battle of 500 Draugr, 200 skeletons, 500 Dwarven Warriors and a dragon using mods and console commands.

Old 2012-02-12, 14:33   Link #2157
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well, that was quite epic indeed I can tell he's going to get 60,000+ subscriptions for more
Old 2012-02-12, 15:09   Link #2158
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

1.1 million views.

He should have wrote a story around it and prepare a sequel, about a king who lost his kingdom and had to aid some guy to drop a bracelet made of impervious salt into a well of magical hotspring water, situated in the middle of an abandoned keep. He then led 500 dwarven warriors to storm a keep through a mountain pass guarded by 500 Draugr, one of which who betrayed the defending forces by showing the attackers a way through the backdoor of the keep, as he had a bone to pick with his own for allying themselves with the 200 skeletons and their pet dragon.

The title should be something like Lord of Skyrim : 300 Away From Saving The Grand Keep.

Old 2012-02-12, 16:43   Link #2159
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Not really possible. It's either Imperial, Stormcloaks, or just ignore the Civil War storyline completely, but that means you're not going to be able to complete your Shouts, as one of the words is in a dungeon that you can only access if you do the Civil War quest.
yeah, I can't decide who annoys me more - Imperials or Stormcloaks, so I resolved it by race or attitudes of the character:
1) Nords - Stormcloak by default...
2) Imperial - well... she's a mage who could care less other than she's got a problem with Thalmor, neutral.
3) Dark Elf - well, her goal is to massacre all the humans in any Nord town that gave her a hard time about being a dark elf soooooooo... Stormcloaks are not her buddies.

So basically I design the character and that drives how they deal with the war.
Old 2012-02-12, 17:10   Link #2160
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

=\ I was gonna post that video, but i didn't think anyone would care XD

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim