AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-18, 14:02   Link #2841
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Spoiler for I wouldn't be surprised:
LastOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 14:09   Link #2842
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for silvia:

Spoiler for actually:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 14:11   Link #2843
mayumi

Spoiler:
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 14:14   Link #2844
miketyson

But as a serious remark, we seem to finally have a clear "theme" to expect moving forward:

Spoiler for the theme?:

And bakAnki: that figure really does look soooooo much better than the Aquarions in the show. I'm a bit jealous
Spoiler:
. I think it has to be something about the way the show's models get their shading done. In real life the shading is natural so you can easily perceive the robot's 3D form, but in the anime the shading is a bit flatter (to look more cartoony) and this makes its 3D form harder to pick out, so it just looks noisy.

kuromitsu: I like the way Spada looks the best of the three, at least until it lights up its kendo facemask. Once that lights up it just looks a bit too busy to me in the face for some reason.

mayumi: wow, your post made me think of something interesting. I've mostly quit even trying to guess about reincarnation stuff, but the way you phrased that has me wondering if Amata and Mikono are like a direct re-run of something closer to the "original" story (the one from 2 cycles ago, Apollonius and Celianne), if not a direct reincarnation thereof. So it's going to come down to "same tune, different verse" versus "rewind one track and play it again", perhaps?

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-03-18 at 14:32. Reason: response for mayumi, less sure on the quote
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 14:16   Link #2845
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for mmm:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-03-18, 14:17   Link #2846
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post

But anyways, am I the only hoping for a meeting between Zessica and Kagura?
He already smelled her with MIX and Sazanka and the only thing about them is that they smell differently than boys.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 14:21   Link #2847
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
He already smelled her with MIX and Sazanka and the only thing about them is that they smell differently than boys.
Remember that he didn't really recognize Mikono's smell fully until after Aquarion was released. And she wasn't in a vector like Zessica (he needs to hold them up close to fully sense their scent as seen in episode 6 where Kagura-while looking for Mikono- chases after Zessica, trying to sniff her).

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
mayumi: wow, your post made me think of something interesting. I've mostly quit even trying to guess about reincarnation stuff, but the way you phrased that has me wondering if Amata and Mikono are like a direct re-run of something closer to the "original" story (the one from 2 cycles ago, Apollonius and Celianne), if not a direct reincarnation thereof. So it's going to come down to "same tune, different verse" versus "rewind one track and play it again", perhaps?
This is a possibility. Full blooded shadow angels don't have a scent, right? I guess that being Alisia's son (his own descendant like Sylvia and Sirius were??) plus solar wings would make him less human, more shadow angel.

Kagura didn't say "you smell like me." He said he didn't have a smell.

Spoiler for speculation:

Last edited by Thess; 2012-03-18 at 14:32.
Old 2012-03-18, 14:34   Link #2848
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Remember that he didn't really recognize Mikono's smell fully until after Aquarion was released. And she wasn't in a vector like Zessica (he needs to hold them up close to fully sense their scent as seen in episode 6 where Kagura-while looking for Mikono- chases after Zessica, trying to sniff her).
At that time I was thinking that he is smelling Aquarion.
Doesn't seem that she has smelly part at all when Kagura went to look for his smelly wench through the city. On the hand Shrade's smell is the similar to Mikono's and it seems this is the reason why Shrade's gattai happens when they need to fight Kagura.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 14:36   Link #2849
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
At that time I was thinking that he is smelling Aquarion.
Doesn't seem that she has smelly part at all when Kagura went to looks his smelly wench through the city. On the hand Shrade's smell is the similar to Mikono's and it seems this is the reason why Shrade's gattai happens when they need to fight Kagura.
Kagura climbed the building and Zessica was in there too, only conveniently a floor away from the scene as usual. Also don't forget he went after Cayenne and Zessica too, looking for the stink. Cayenne was discarded because he wasn't the smelly wench, but he couldn't catch Zessica to smell at her up and close.

Poor Andy got ignored even if he was just beside Zessica.

Old 2012-03-18, 15:14   Link #2850
dark44

Quote:

This is a possibility. Full blooded shadow angels don't have a scent, right? I guess that being Alisia's son (his own descendant like Sylvia and Sirius were??) plus solar wings would make him less human, more shadow angel.

Spoiler for speculation:
did they confirmed that alicia is desendant of sylvie ?
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 15:19   Link #2851
Zuul

Spoiler for episode 12:
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 15:26   Link #2852
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-18, 15:41   Link #2853
Zuul

Spoiler for Concerning the preview:

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-18 at 15:54.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 15:43   Link #2854
cyberdemon

Quote:
try this. Try smelling yourself. Then try smelling another person. generally you can't smell yourself because your so used to the smell that it's second nature to not notice it or even understand your own scent. While individual smells of other people are a great deal easier to make out because they are different from your own.
Old 2012-03-18, 15:49   Link #2855
mayumi

Spoiler:

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-03-18 at 16:33.
Old 2012-03-18, 16:10   Link #2856
kuromitsu

Finally watched the episode! It really was great, probably the best episode so far.

Spoiler for ep 12:

Re: smell, but animals (and people) can smell themselves. Generally they have no reason to sniff around for their own scent, but they do smell and recognize their own various scents (I mean imagine a wolf that marks his territory, then a few days later wanders around thinking "I can't smell anything, am I still in my own territory?" ^^;; ) I recognize my own scent on my clothes, my bed, etc. Then again, Kagura's smelling probably works on different levels.

Btw, is it just me or are Mix's Big Bangs and Mikono's legs getting more and more impressive each episode? (Probably just me. Never mind.)

Also, Yunoha's doll is named Tama. Which is a typical name for a cat. ........what's up with Vega and cats?? ^^;; Like Altair has no women, Vega has no cats and they're coping by calling everything cute a cat?

Quote:
But as a serious remark, we seem to finally have a clear "theme" to expect moving forward:

Spoiler for the theme?:
Yeah, it was
Spoiler for dat line:
I really liked that, it smells like a happy end to me. *sticks fingers into ears* la la la happy end la la la

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-03-18 at 16:32.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 16:53   Link #2857
mayumi

what i think is going on in evol universe is apollon and sylvie start the whole reincarnation cycle like how apollonius and celiane did in sousei no aquarion. Pardon my really bad diagram
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-18, 17:21   Link #2858
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Yeah, it was
Spoiler for dat line:
I really liked that, it smells like a happy end to me. *sticks fingers into ears* la la la happy end la la la
Thanks for confirming that, I'm so glad that's the right version of that line . I actually fist-pumped when I heard it, but then once the episode was over my mind started playing tricks on me ("maybe it was 'someone'?"...). EVOL => LOVE => HAPPY END here we come, I hope I hope I hope.

Also now you having me wondering if Mykage stole all of Vega's cats just because he could, or something. What wouldn't that troll do?
Old 2012-03-18, 17:29   Link #2859
kuromitsu

Wait.

Wait.

I just watched the preview again and Shrade is not speaking in music terms.

That's the lyrics of Omna Magni. XDDDDDDDDD

Quote:
Also now you having me wondering if Mykage stole all of Vega's cats just because he could, or something. What wouldn't that troll do?
Maybe he's had some bad experiences with cats, as a feathery being and all. My cat used to love feathery stuff... (Maybe that's why he's keeping demonwolf!Kagura?)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 17:59   Link #2860
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
Alisia happens to be the name of the daughter of Celiane and Apollonius. The bloodline Sylvia and Sirius descend from "De Alisia". Izumo's and Mykage's dialogue implied she could fly as well and that's where Amata got his abilities from.

Speculation, but really huge potential foreshadowing troll. Alisia even flies away in Apollo's flashback. Because there has been implication that Amata has actually yet to have any past life flashback (he's emotionally linked to the character Sylvie because his disappeared mom played her in a movie and has abandonment issues to play out the foreign nostalgia) and seems his special abilities are perhaps due to Alisia. Just like "Is Mykage just trolling Kagura and he's just an Apollo clone reincarnation" speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
try this. Try smelling yourself. Then try smelling another person. generally you can't smell yourself because your so used to the smell that it's second nature to not notice it or even understand your own scent. While individual smells of other people are a great deal easier to make out because they are different from your own.
If Kagura had human limits, sure. He's being compared with a wolf or a dog or whatever. They know their own scent because they usually imprint it on their territory.

Last edited by Thess; 2012-03-18 at 18:17.

Tags
comedy, science fiction