AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-26, 15:22   Link #21
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 675
Okay chapter. Now there is Luffy's crew and the alliance, Smoker and G-5 Marines, Blob, Ceaser and Vergo team up. It is a four way death match by the looks of it. Ceaser is turning out to be a huge coward. He sounds like the weakest out of Luffy, Law, Smoker, and Vergo.
Save for the fact that he can seemingly take any of them down with one attack.
Old 2012-07-26, 16:06   Link #22
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
So that would make Ceaser a one trick pony. The bad part about that is people adapt and change their tactics. Luffy kicked Ceaser's ass all over the place during the fight. Ceaser only trump card was the one attack. Do you think it will work in round 2? Second give Smoker his body and see how the fight goes. Ceaser was afraid when Vice Admiral Smoker showed up. I also wonder if Smoker is like Enel, in that he does not have to breath? Second Ceaser wanted Law's heart in exchange for Monet's heart. That does not scream strong fighter at all.
Old 2012-07-26, 16:23   Link #23
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
So that would make Ceaser a one trick pony. The bad part about that is people adapt and change their tactics.
He took them down with one attack...doesn't mean he's a one-trick pony, just that he has one damn good attack in his repertoire.

Quote:
Luffy kicked Ceaser's ass all over the place during the fight. Ceaser only trump card was the one attack.
CC took damage, that's for sure, but he wasn't getting owned like Hody was for example...
You can in no way say that it was his ONLY trump card...we haven't seen him fight seriously enough for that.

Quote:
Second give Smoker his body and see how the fight goes.
Much like Smoker vs Ace...they would probably tie.
Actually CC could have an advantage...who knows what could happen to Smoker if he returned to normal with poison gas mixed into his smoke.

Quote:
Ceaser was afraid when Vice Admiral Smoker showed up.
He wasn't afraid of Smoker...he was concern that his presence would alert the WG and Marines of CC's lab.

Quote:
I also wonder if Smoker is like Enel, in that he does not have to breath?
We don't even know if Enel can live without breathing...who knows, in that world the moon could have air (Take Soul Eater as an example).
Even if he can, I dunno if it's an ability that comes with being a logia. Simply put, Enel's race was believed to come from the moon but the in pictures we've seen in the ruins they didn't seem to have any helmets or breathing materials on.

Quote:
Second Ceaser wanted Law's heart in exchange for Monet's heart. That does not scream strong fighter at all.
That doesn't say anything about his strength...only that he was smart and planned a contingency plan in case Law betrayed him. Unlike other foolish villains he didn't underestimate Law.
He says it himself that he is stronger than Law...true or not doesn't matter, however he was smart enough to not rely on his strength to take care of Law should he betray him. Why rely only on your muscle to prevent betrayal when you could do it by simply holding something the other guy needs hostage?

If anything, it shows that CC is smarter and much better than most villains we've seen so far.
Old 2012-07-26, 17:16   Link #24
james0246

Quote:
^
So that would make Ceaser a one trick pony. The bad part about that is people adapt and change their tactics. Luffy kicked Ceaser's ass all over the place during the fight. Ceaser only trump card was the one attack. Do you think it will work in round 2? Second give Smoker his body and see how the fight goes. Ceaser was afraid when Vice Admiral Smoker showed up. I also wonder if Smoker is like Enel, in that he does not have to breath? Second Ceaser wanted Law's heart in exchange for Monet's heart. That does not scream strong fighter at all.
Randrak42 already made some decent points, so I'll simply say that Oda wrote Caesar with a power that controls the vast majority of matter in the universe. To claim that he is a one trick pony before he even has to seriously fight anyone seems a bit disingenuous. I do agree that Caesar does not appear to be a physically superior specimen like Luffy, Smoker or Law, but he is obviously very intelligent and his powers are potentially extraordinary even by One Piece standards.
Old 2012-07-26, 17:44   Link #25
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Response to Link #26 and #27
That is the only one good attack that seemed to work on Luffy. Everything else Luffy was immune to, deflected, or dodged. Yes he was getting owned. Luffy had CC in the grasp of his hand. He was saved at the last minute by the one move.

Has for Smoker, he very observant fighter, and a competent one. He knew the only people who could resist law's powers were ones with haki, he also switched to logia to negate Law's room. I don't think Smoker is a incompetent fighter. I personally think Smoker would defeat CC. Smoker has haki, strength, natural fighting, and Smoke Logia fruit. Smoker has no time limit of how long he can stay in smoke. Why would he shift back if he knows CC is a gas type fruit? He can still fight and grab people with his Logia fruit. Second his seastone tip weapons would give him the advantage of shutting CC powers down. Second CC was a former WG employee who went rogue. So information about him would be attainable for a Vice Admiral Level like Smoker. Smoker has also shown he knows who CC is and the history of this Island has well.

Has for the space in one piece, I will go with space having no air until it is confirmed. Has for the pictures the race were technologically advanced. Look at the robots spaceys they built.

Lastly Ceaser's tactic says a lot about who he is. It shows that he respects law's power if he is willing to go that far.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-07-26 at 17:55.
Old 2012-07-27, 10:25   Link #26
marvelB

To add my two cents to the CC argument, I'll say that I see him as being similar to Moria in the sense that he relies more on his cleverness than physical strength. I mean, both James and Randrak already made several valid points about how diverse his powers can be. Heck, I've made such arguments myself in past threads (once again I bring up the example of a carbon dioxide overdose being an extremely deadly form of poisoning). I mean damn, the mere fact that Smiley, a product of CC's own powers, has his own DF power speaks volumes about versatile a power the gas fruit is right there. No way in hell is Caesar a "one-trick pony".....
Old 2012-07-27, 13:37   Link #27
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
Smiley a product of multiple things. He was left overs from the experiments gone wrong, CC condensed it to HS2, and the Devil fruit gave him life.

The main reason I think he is weak is his overall performance with Luffy and his deal with Law over the heart switch with Monet. At first he seemed like a powerful person but the further the arch goes the weaker he seems and the less intimidating of a character he becomes.
Old 2012-07-27, 17:43   Link #28
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
That was kind of a lame chapter. Probably the only real dud I've seen in this arc. Law was pretty cool, but it's kind of boring having Caesar just going on about how his monster slime is so more more deadly.

I wrote a review for this chapter over on HERE.

Something that I have to wonder. Does Caesar know that the Joker he's working for is actually Doflamingo and that Money works for him as a spy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You know, now that you brought this up, this makes me curious: I wonder how many LawxMonet doujins are going to pop up now due to the combined effect of this heart-trading business and their brief interaction before Vergo's arrival?
I'm not sure, but I don't think Law knew Monet was a part of Doflamingo's crew. She probably joined after he left.

Seeing how Law has shown up in this story. I'm starting to wonder if this is part of Oda's plan for the Eleven Supernovas. That on each of the islands the crew goes to, they'll be running into the different crews.
Old 2012-07-27, 18:00   Link #29
Kona
Banned

I've been thinking about Kinemons age and to me it looks like he is older near Jimbes age. His hairstyle doesn't look like somebody younger who wear on the Island. The slime is going to merge into something else or blow up. Smoker doesn't need his body to do damage. Good thing he's in Tashigis body now because now he can fight without his DF.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:41   Link #30
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Looks like Smiley is going to evolve into something that can be killed by zorro
Old 2012-07-28, 10:49   Link #31
marvelB

^So you're saying that you see Smiley as a pokemon?

Personally, if CC's beast HAS to be taken down, I still feel it's most likely that Kinemon will be the one to finish the job, or maybe even Brooke. I just don't think that a more "orthodox" form of swordsmanship will be good enough to take down a creature like Smiley (what with him being made of poison gas and all).....

And speaking of strange creatures, I don't think anyone has commented on the SECOND dragon of Vegapunk's we've seen now? This makes me wonder exactly how many other artificial dragons may be lurking on the island. After all, the first dragon we saw is no more since the beast was killed (and later eaten) by Luffy's group. So if this other one bites it, will that mean the Straw-Hats will have driven the Punk Hazard dragons to extinction.....?
Old 2012-07-29, 11:26   Link #32
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:

Personally, if CC's beast HAS to be taken down, I still feel it's most likely that Kinemon will be the one to finish the job, or maybe even Brooke. I just don't think that a more "orthodox" form of swordsmanship will be good enough to take down a creature like Smiley (what with him being made of poison gas and all).....

And speaking of strange creatures, I don't think anyone has commented on the SECOND dragon of Vegapunk's we've seen now? This makes me wonder exactly how many other artificial dragons may be lurking on the island. After all, the first dragon we saw is no more since the beast was killed (and later eaten) by Luffy's group. So if this other one bites it, will that mean the Straw-Hats will have driven the Punk Hazard dragons to extinction.....?
Yupz, after eating candy But I'm thinking that Smiley powers up but somehow ends up tangible and therefore killable by zoro.
Or, I guess zorro learns the fire cutting from Kinemon. Which would be a little weird considering he just finished spending 3 years learning from Mihawk.
Old 2012-07-29, 20:21   Link #33
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Save for the fact that he can seemingly take any of them down with one attack.
Quote:
Randrak42 already made some decent points, so I'll simply say that Oda wrote Caesar with a power that controls the vast majority of matter in the universe. To claim that he is a one trick pony before he even has to seriously fight anyone seems a bit disingenuous. I do agree that Caesar does not appear to be a physically superior specimen like Luffy, Smoker or Law, but he is obviously very intelligent and his powers are potentially extraordinary even by One Piece standards.
Going by the DF abillity i think CC is very strong. But i think he lacks in Haki department.

He is supposed to be a ( mad) scientist so he is probably smart. He defeated Luffy because Luffy kinda lacks in that department compared to his other strengths .
He just goes in and stuff. But any ways based on the past expriences, usually Luffy gets beaten by a trick but then he finds a way to counter it. So now Luffy is smart . Add a few pieces of meats to the solution and he becomes a genius.

My point is i think if they battle again, luffy will beat CC.

As for Smoker i think he will defeat CC easily. He can just use his power and blow away CC's gas. I think he would be like a hard counter against CC.

As Law he is smart and probably smarter than CC but from this chapter imo we learn that at the same time he is a bit too confident on how smart he is( I.E. Maybe a bit arrogant). And that is why he is in the mess he is.

That's My 2cent on this matter. We don't know how strong CC is and as some people are mentioning here, he probably has more tricks but thus far i think he lacks Haki power compared to other 3. It takes time and training to strengthen one's Haki. Being that CC is a scientist i doubt he ever tried to train to strengthen his Haki.

For all we know all of this might be a plan devised by the Straws hats and Law. Imo they might be waiting for something. Maybe Luffy can use Haki to get them out of the situation they are in *_* or Maybe Franky has some thing to get them out of the mess they are in. Luffy is too calm right now and that is not like the luffy we know.

Quote:

Or maybe Luffy tames him like he did to Surume *_*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelb
If this second dragon tastes any where as good as the first one, good bye dragons . Who knows Maybe luffy decides to make this one their pet *_*. Straw hats need a real pet imo as part of their crew.

P.S. Chopper is not a pet. He is a Tanuki . I mean a Reindeer .

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2012-07-29 at 20:33.
Old 2012-07-30, 09:34   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Or maybe Luffy tames him like he did to Surume *_*.
Well, someone else already beat you to that idea:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Time for Luffy to shine with his ability to befriend all kind of strange animals.

But.... eh, I dunno. I still kinda feel that Smiley being made out of poisonous substances sort of throws a monkey wrench into that whole taming idea, but who knows, maybe it's possible.

Anyways, time to put out another reminder that YES, THERE'S A CHAPTER THIS WEEK. And not only that, but volume 67 is released this week, which means SBS info!
Old 2012-07-30, 09:58   Link #35
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
My point is i think if they battle again, luffy will beat CC.
Of course. Not only because of the whole Shounen Laws thing, but Luffy now knows what he is up against. I also imagine he will find the simplest way of counteracting Caesar's ability (something like using Gear 3 on his Lungs, or, if it is possible, using Haki on the Air around him). Whatever the case, even now Caesar still seems like more of a theoretical threat than an actual threat.
Old 2012-07-30, 10:23   Link #36
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Well, someone else already beat you to that idea:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Time for Luffy to shine with his ability to befriend all kind of strange animals.
Yes indeed he did .

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelb
But.... eh, I dunno. I still kinda feel that Smiley being made out of poisonous substances sort of throws a monkey wrench into that whole taming idea, but who knows, maybe it's possible.

Anyways, time to put out another reminder that YES, THERE'S A CHAPTER THIS WEEK. And not only that, but volume 67 is released this week, which means SBS info!
Luffy doesn't discriminate ( Unless it is meat related). But i think Smiley is safe. no meat in there .

Quote:
Of course. Not only because of the whole Shounen Laws thing, but Luffy now knows what he is up against. I also imagine he will find the simplest way of counteracting Caesar's ability (something like using Gear 3 on his Lungs, or, if it is possible, using Haki on the Air around him). Whatever the case, even now Caesar still seems like more of a theoretical threat than an actual threat.
Just reading that i laughed so hard. I love to see that actually happening. I wonder what he would call the move. I bet it would be as funny ( if not more) than when Luffy showed ace and Sabo his Gomu Gomu no fuzen in anime for first time. I laughed so hard.
Old 2012-07-30, 14:42   Link #37
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Chapter 675
Okay chapter. Now there is Luffy's crew and the alliance, Smoker and G-5 Marines, Blob, Ceaser and Vergo team up. It is a four way death match by the looks of it. Ceaser is turning out to be a huge coward. He sounds like the weakest out of Luffy, Law, Smoker, and Vergo.
This makes me wonder. If Smoker turns entirely into smoke, will Ceasar be able to suffocate him? Do Logia's need to breath when their whole body turns into their respective liquid or gas? And on another note, would Ceasar be able to maybe control Smoker himself, since he can control all gases? I'd reckon that that's not possible, since Smoker's control over his body would probably be stronger, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Oda pull something like this.
Old 2012-07-30, 23:07   Link #38
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
Enel is the only person I know who does not have to breath air. I am just has curious has you are about the CC vs. Smoker (If it happens) and what the affects each one has on the other. I won't be surprised if you are right about CC affecting Smoker if the battle happens. Smoker is very disappointing in this arch. Every villain is pulling tricks on Smoker and he can not seem to do a thing about it. I think Law pulled off the best one in this arch. I hope Oda will start giving Smoker some street credit. He was stronger then the Straw Hats before the time skip. Both in strength and the fact they could not touch Logia users. He also went to the New World before them. Now after the two years he getting his ass handed to him at Punk Hazard. How did he ever survive two years in the New World and become a Vice Admiral with the kind of performance we are seeing right now? I hope Oda kick starts the fight in this weeks chapter.
Old 2012-07-31, 00:58   Link #39
Mateus

I wonder if CC can transform himself into a gas monster/giant/dragon or something cool like that in the vein of Moria's shadow's asgard and Magellan's hydra.
Old 2012-07-31, 01:04   Link #40
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
would Ceasar be able to maybe control Smoker himself, since he can control all gases
Smoke is actually *gasp* not gas.