AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-28, 06:52   Link #6901
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I finally found it: the one tank I'm legitimately bad at.

I purchased the Jagdpanther II recently, and I've had a horrible experience with it. I have no idea how to use this TD. It has no camouflage value, so it can't hide anywhere or snipe safely. It's huge, so it's an easy target to hit. The armor is completely useless; even though my 8,8 cm Jagdtiger has a similarly sized build, at least its armor made up for it. Enemies just punch holes in me and drop my HP to nothing in a blink. I literally lost all the first seven battles I had in it. I think I'll just stop playing it, go back to the Jagdpanther, and try out the Ferdinand after researching it. Maybe some people can make the JP2 shine, but I don't think I'm one of them.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 06:54   Link #6902
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Ah the way of life is so harsh sometimes... then it either gets better or worse when come in game. played a games before work around 430ish before getting rdy for work. let me say i gave up around the 5th game.
Old 2013-05-28, 07:24   Link #6903
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well the Jgpanther II is a... weird tank. Oversized, no armor at all, and acceleration is somewhat weak.

Think that a 85mm without prem ammo from a SU-100 can and will pen you... in the front! (I've already done that too many times knowing where to aim).

And also... My main got kicked out form it's clan...
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 07:39   Link #6904
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Didn't want to say anything in case I just ended up coming back immediately like last time, but after a week + long weekend with absolutely 0 motivation to ever log in again, I feel confident in saying I have quit for real this time. You can remove me from the clan or just leave me there on the chance I come back one day, up to you.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 08:33   Link #6905
Newhope

Had a few games this weekend for the frist time in a month or 2, had a few decent games but the player base is still as dumb as ever.

http://wotreplays.com/site/209284#self
http://wotreplays.com/site/210372#so...bit-vk_30_01_d

Last edited by Newhope; 2013-05-28 at 08:53.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 09:13   Link #6906
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Newhope you should try platooning with me and blaat for a change =] since platooning now allows 3 players which is at least somewhat better than an entire team full of randomers.

I have mainly 5-6-7 tier tanks and I believe Blaat has a variety from 5 up to 8 iirc.

Edit: A couple of replays from the past few days,

Comet and T-34-1 run on some Tier 8's with Blaat
Top Gun T49 on hills with Blaat
Another T49 Top Gun on hills again
Another Top Gun + Pascucci's medal with the T49

Last edited by Drake; 2013-05-28 at 11:08.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 11:57   Link #6907
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Time to make my own exit to semi-inactivity. Thesis prep-work, understand.

Depending on how things go though, Fridays and Saturdays still should be fine~. Though this does mean that I won't catch up to Touma again ahaha.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:27   Link #6908
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Seems like a lot of people are entering this phase of their life right now, with thesis, finals, and graduation...

Aw well, been there, done that. Totally understandable. Keep it up, friends and hope to see you guys back in game on a more frequent basis, soon.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 12:39   Link #6909
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

The replay of game I posted the images last page.

http://wotreplays.com/site/210548

I was very frustrated because of a 6 lose streak in the IS-3
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 13:00   Link #6910
Gravitas Free Zone

It is to the point where tangible gains are measured in hundreths of a percent...
it's still one game at a time, but that's a lot of damn games.

I got the M4 crew trained to starting their third skills today, so Sixth Sense has
been added on top of BiA. One grinding task completed. I am within the final
two percent of doing the same thing with the PzIII/IV crew, so that will likely be
possible within the week.
After that, the Easy Eight, IS-3, and M103 crews all had BiA put on first, and all
are within about five percent of being able to have Sixth Sense finally added on.
The E8 will be a specific grind, but the two heavies will likely manage to get their
skills leveled by the time I finish research on the tanks themselves.
And that would do it for putting Sixth Sense on my experienced crews... I have
not repeated the BiA experiment since then, everyone else will have 6th switched
on as soon as they level up on the first skill (even that is only the replacement
crews that I put into the T29 and T32, and the transfer crew in the SU-26).

Still, completing that task will dramatically reduce the number of games that I feel
I need to play in a day. It comes down to tank research after that, which kinda
bores me.

And now for something completely different: Of the base colors that the tanks
come in, the French green bluish color annoys me the most (with the German
gray second). Combine that with my preference for really loud camo and you get...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 13:24   Link #6911
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Time to make my own exit to semi-inactivity. Thesis prep-work, understand.
Good luck with your thesis Myssa/Teru.
Old 2013-05-28, 14:28   Link #6912
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I finally found it: the one tank I'm legitimately bad at.

I purchased the Jagdpanther II recently, and I've had a horrible experience with it. I have no idea how to use this TD. It has no camouflage value, so it can't hide anywhere or snipe safely. It's huge, so it's an easy target to hit. The armor is completely useless; even though my 8,8 cm Jagdtiger has a similarly sized build, at least its armor made up for it. Enemies just punch holes in me and drop my HP to nothing in a blink. I literally lost all the first seven battles I had in it. I think I'll just stop playing it, go back to the Jagdpanther, and try out the Ferdinand after researching it. Maybe some people can make the JP2 shine, but I don't think I'm one of them.
It's a rough ride with the JP2 until it's fully upgraded but once it is it's a Fun TD to use it does take alot of map knowledge to get the most out of it.

I haven't played the game or the JP2 in a while so I'am rusty, when I saw this I played a couple games and they show both a campy and mobile style.

http://wotreplays.com/site/210618#team
http://wotreplays.com/site/210640#sa...jagdpanther_ii
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 18:58   Link #6913
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Actually in my case it was an issue of timing -- it was never confirmed that I had a Master's thesis mentor yet, so I had all this free time to putz around during the summer. However, now that classes are starting again, I have to finish a write-up just in case someone DOES decide to take me under their wing for the duration. Which means a whole lot of cram-writing, and given how rusty I am, that needs time, which I can't really spend on tanking anymore.

However, if things DO go well, Fridays and Saturdays are still okay.
Old 2013-05-28, 19:18   Link #6914
Gravitas Free Zone

Good luck and get your work done.

Unfortunately mwreplays.com appears to be down again, or I'd upload an IS-3 game that wasn't particularly special for any reason other than being incredibly short and violent. Or, for once the BL-9 isn't loaded with fluffy pillows.
Old 2013-05-28, 19:50   Link #6915
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Good luck and get your work done.
The travails of a struggling writer never ends. Well, at least I won't grumble about it like Touma does these days...

So at this point, the long-term project will be... Getting the Batchat. This said though, as Kimi pointed out the only thing that the Lorraine 40t seems to have going for it is the 200k experience you gain for your crew as you grind through it, and that's it. Buh.

Stockpiling 200k worth of free exp suddenly looks so tempting.
Old 2013-05-28, 22:36   Link #6916
Gravitas Free Zone

Pearl River just doesn't seem to have much strategy going for it... big slow armor bricks go northeast, exploit success there and run straight to the enemy base... maybe fast tanks go the long way, but staying within sniping range of the base is about as far as is required to travel, just in case the northeast pass falls; otherwise there's no way to get back in time.

Meanwhile, I decided to have fun with the crew icon manager again and see what sort of combinations would arise in my existing crews if I just alternated the Nonna and Katyusha heads.

Bonus silliness of the evening: My T-44 got into a brawl with a WZ-120 and survived two collisions to kill the 120. Had 1 HP remaining and was blown up shortly afterward by a stiff breeze an M12.
Old 2013-05-28, 22:45   Link #6917
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I got the M4 crew trained to starting their third skills today, so Sixth Sense has
been added on top of BiA. One grinding task completed. I am within the final
two percent of doing the same thing with the PzIII/IV crew, so that will likely be
possible within the week.
After that, the Easy Eight, IS-3, and M103 crews all had BiA put on first, and all
are within about five percent of being able to have Sixth Sense finally added on.
The E8 will be a specific grind, but the two heavies will likely manage to get their
skills leveled by the time I finish research on the tanks themselves.
And that would do it for putting Sixth Sense on my experienced crews... I have
not repeated the BiA experiment since then, everyone else will have 6th switched
on as soon as they level up on the first skill (even that is only the replacement
crews that I put into the T29 and T32, and the transfer crew in the SU-26).
I played the M4 so much I got my light bulb (Sixth Sense) quite some time ago.

Damn convenient, I tell you. I wish I had it on the T20; it's a sneaky flanker that could really use it (and camo...)

That said, what do you think of BiA on the Pershing? Or should I go for Light Bulb/Repair, Bulb/Camo, or some combination of crew specific perks [Bulb/Snap Shot/Smooth Ride/Wet Ammo Rack/Situational Awareness]?

I like the idea of maximizing shooting capability and furthering the Pershing's "good at everything" trait with BiA, which improves just about everything, but the opportunity cost can be high since other skills are also very useful.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 23:01   Link #6918
Gravitas Free Zone

I chose the Sixth Sense and other skills route with the Pershing first, instead of getting BiA for it.

On the M4, the 0.15 second reload time advantage from having BiA+vents instead of only vents means that I have a reasonable-within-human-reaction-time chance of firing again before a similarly-matched Sherman can reload.

Still, having done a lot of ram-into-them-with-my-face scouting, I'm much preferring Sixth Sense as a starting skill, plus having other perks and skills set up, than spending as much time with BiA and then rebuilding basic skills as I have been doing.

Random bonus item: My getting extraordinarily angry at someone who decided that they didn't like a map so they immediately drowned their tank. The team still won...

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-05-28 at 23:40.
Old 2013-05-29, 12:17   Link #6919
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well, in the next two days, I will be finally getting the Leopard I... Probably won't buy it until I also have the T-62A researched, then afterwards, it'd be time for some very intensive credit-grinding...

15 million isn't cheap.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 12:20   Link #6920
Gravitas Free Zone

So if you put that on top of that you get a...

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks