Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-29, 03:38   Link #1
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Aria the Origination

Rightstuf / Nozomi Entertainment have announced the license for all of Aria, Aria the Animation, Aria the Natural, Aria the OVA ~Arietta~ and Aria the Origination.

Aria was produced by MFI, therefore we didn't list fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is licensed, the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Aria downloads or torrents.
  • Providing links to Aria downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Aria fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Aria.
  • Asking for playback help for Aria episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)

Well, it looks very much like us Aria fans are being spoiled with yet more Aria action after the oav and two perfect seasons

From ANN:

Quote:
The October issue (on sale August 30) of Mag Garden's Comic Blade magazine will announce that a third animated television season based on Kozue Amano's Aria surreal slice-of-life manga was greenlit. Director Junichi Sato (Gate Keepers, Pretear, Princess Tutu) will return after overseeing both of the previous Aria television seasons and the OVA. The staff will largely be the same as the OVA version's. The broadcast date has not been set yet, but the third season has been in production since this past spring. Source: Moon Phase

Totally looking forward to this

(I assume it'll be another MFI production, so no sub discussion I guess, but oh well )

edit: Forgot to mention that the name is 'apparently' Aria the Origination. That's not 100% certain though, and Moonphase has been known to be wrong quite often, so don't hold me to that

Last edited by xris; 2008-05-01 at 15:09. Reason: Aria now licensed
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 04:12   Link #2
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

More Aria, great news.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 04:25   Link #3
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
zomg, best news of the day.
Old 2007-08-29, 06:28   Link #4
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
edit: Forgot to mention that the name is 'apparently' Aria the Origination. That's not 100% certain though, and Moonphase has been known to be wrong quite often, so don't hold me to that
Here's a scan from Comic Blade October issue confirming the title.

Great news, in any case!

I was pondering on whether to go to the Arietta event on Sunday since the OVA will air that night on AT-X, but now I have something to looking for.

If the 3rd series airs on TV Tokyo, it'll probably be 2 cours, as are most of their titles are, but the question is, do they have enough material to cover it?

I'm also looking forward to more Production I.G involvement, as they literally own Mag Garden.

Since production of the 3rd series was initiated this spring, I don't think we have to wait long for the broadcast to premiere.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Last edited by eggplant; 2007-08-29 at 15:42. Reason: Added second scan
eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 06:41   Link #5
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
More of Hazuki Erino goodness :3
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 06:52   Link #6
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Any idea if the story will take place following the 2nd season or will there be a timeskip of the sort?
Old 2007-08-29, 08:15   Link #7
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

I definitely can't wait for this.
I hope it'll be widescreen like the OVA.
And if they say it's going to be in real HD and not just TV upscales like with AtN... I think I'd be speechless.
Old 2007-08-29, 08:18   Link #8
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder if Alice will feel lonely, if/when Akari and Aika are promoted to Prima, but she's still a Single.

(Come to think of it, why is she still a Pair? Her rowing is supposedly great, she knows Neo Venezia pretty well... Better than Akari, anyway... She does have problems speaking out loud, true. )
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 09:11   Link #9
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder if Alice will feel lonely, if/when Akari and Aika are promoted to Prima, but she's still a Single.

(Come to think of it, why is she still a Pair? Her rowing is supposedly great, she knows Neo Venezia pretty well... Better than Akari, anyway... She does have problems speaking out loud, true. )
I'm probably not the only one here having to restrain themself right now.
Old 2007-08-29, 09:19   Link #10
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Embarassing spoilers are forbidden?
Old 2007-08-29, 09:24   Link #11
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakhobian View Post
I'm probably not the only one here having to restrain themself right now.
That's so true

For some reason the new title doesn't sound too right for me... but well it's not really important.

Origination seems to imply to a "prequel" and when I've seen the CB cover, which doesn't seem to be drawn by Amano, I feared for an alternative series done by another artist... but the internal scan is undoubtedly an artwork from Kozue-san so I'm relived.

Anyway a very great news, it amaze me all the time a much this quiet and lovable story is successful in her country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Embarassing spoilers are forbidden?
Spoiler for Huge spoiler from manga!!!:
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 09:35   Link #12
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-08-29, 09:40   Link #13
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post
Origination seems to imply to a "prequel" and when I've seen the CB cover, which doesn't seem to be drawn by Amano, I feared for an alternative series done by another artist... but the internal scan is undoubtedly an artwork from Kozue-san so I'm relived.
That scan is actually an ad for volume 11 of the manga. It just happens to mention the new series on it. See more below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland] View Post
Spoiler for Huge spoiler from manga!!!:
Spoiler for Volume 11 of the manga:
Old 2007-08-29, 14:02   Link #14
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Ah, I love life for giving us a 3rd season!! ><!! ARIA is one of those few series that I can easily say has absolutely *nothing* wrong with it. It's just perfect.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 19:46   Link #15
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

So it got an official announcement from Mag Garden.
http://www.mag-garden.co.jp/pdf/20070830.pdf

Lots of rambling about the last two series and their success and stuff. And says the production committee hopes to add more character development. Nothing too specific. Though it does show us what the series title will look like at the bottom of the page.
Old 2007-08-29, 20:44   Link #16
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

This news has made my day. Never mind how good ARIA is, we all recognize that. What continues to amaze me is just how popular it is. Two series, an upcoming OVA and now a third TV series. Clearly, there's a significant fanbase out there (last year's Saimoe results also indicate that), which I find quite incredible, since it's not the type of series which I'd say appeals to the masses.

I'm hoping for two things from this series: more of the highly original slice-of-life stories that we've become accustomed to, but, also, some relationship development, since we saw some rather intriguing glimpses of various relationships in the second series. Nonetheless, it should be good.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 21:11   Link #17
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I also hope the third series will address the slight production problems the second season saw halfway during its runtime. One of the most appealing aspects of Aria is how beautiful the environment and the characters are drawn. Let's hope they can bring us something that pays homage to Amano sensei great art style.

... and ... those spoilers are too tempting for me, I'll hate to stay away from the thread a week now or the temptation will be too much
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 00:04   Link #18
metronome
Mad Loli

eww, season 3 is coming! argh.
guess aria's franchise is pretty famous eh?
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 07:06   Link #19
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

Here's a higher resolution scan of the original cover that came with the original announcement. That is one mature looking Akari.

Here's another scan taken from the latest issue of Comic Blade magazine.

I translated the two mini-interviews at the bottom:

Satou Jun'ichi:
I apologise for keeping it from everyone, but production for the 3rd season of ARIA actually began around Spring this year. Continuing straight on from the OVA, work has been progressing as usual with the same old members. The theme songs and musical compositions are in the works, and additional background music is being recorded. Also, I have gone to Venice for a third time to collect material for the third season. Even after the completion of "NATURAL", many great stories have been made in the manga, and I'm going to put all my effort into it again, so I hope I can deliver some new wonders. Please look forward to it.

Amano Kozue:
It somehow seems like there's going to be a third TV anime. I've said it before in countless interviews and such, but when it first became an anime I felt like I'd used up my lifetime's share of good fortune, so after coming to have a second series and an OVA, as for this time I've truly been blessed so much it kind of feels like this isn't reality. My good fortune is thanks to all the fans who have continued to support "ARIA". I honestly and truly cannot thank you enough. Just as I have up to now, I'm looking forward, along with everyone, to this anime which Director Satou and the wonderful staff are creating for us.
Old 2007-08-30, 07:22   Link #20
arkon

Brings a tear to my eye that. Thanks for those. Quite possibly the best anime related news I've heard all year. Can't wait.
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hal, sci-fi, slice of life