AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-25, 01:33   Link #121
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopa View Post
My favorite frame in the chapter was the big panel on page 15. Luffy doing gear 3rd, and he looks like a tiny speck.
This was one of my favourite images as well .

---

That being said, I am still unclear where Moria's zombies came from. The popped out from beneath Moria (somehow...what the hell is Moria standing on anyway that zombies can spring forth from the ground ), and they were all stitched up...somehow. I mean, even if Hogback is literally hiding underneath Moria, I do not see how he could have redone so many marines/pirates in such a short time. So, are these minions prepared in advance? Or is Hogback simply that good? Whatever, it was just a little weird.

Again, good chapter. Lots of fun for all with some great jokes and some great action.
Old 2009-09-25, 02:31   Link #122
adriankhoo153

For once I was hoping Luffy will be able to divert Kizaru kick in this chapter.
Old 2009-09-25, 02:34   Link #123
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This was one of my favourite images as well .

---

That being said, I am still unclear where Moria's zombies came from. The popped out from beneath Moria (somehow...what the hell is Moria standing on anyway that zombies can spring forth from the ground ), and they were all stitched up...somehow. I mean, even if Hogback is literally hiding underneath Moria, I do not see how he could have redone so many marines/pirates in such a short time. So, are these minions prepared in advance? Or is Hogback simply that good? Whatever, it was just a little weird.

Again, good chapter. Lots of fun for all with some great jokes and some great action.

I think maybe Oda did them that way so they would stand out , they were some that look normal . To me it was to show that they were zombies and not normal . This is manga were talking about . No need to have a real reason to do certain things.

Also don't forget there was a 5 day period before the war not hard to think that moria steal some people shadows in that space of time.
Old 2009-09-25, 02:44   Link #124
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
In what way does helping out the new generation make Whitebeard "a tool." He did the exact same thing with Ace. I mean is it so strange that Whitebeard found something special in Luffy? No, he's the main character he's supposed to be special.
He's not special like Whitebeard, a guy who is the King of the sea and suppose to have BEEN running after Ace right now. Not lame Luffy.

Quote:
Yes, how dare Oda give the main character two chapters of face time. You know Oars is clearly not as strong as the "big shots" in One Piece but he had an entire chapter dedicated to him. Akainu had his chapter and Jozu and Marco had there moment as well. Nothing has suggested that Oda is going to have Luffy "[steal] the spotlight" he's just making his rounds. It's hard to give everyone attention all at once ,especially since there's so many people there, and like I said Luffy is the main character it's only natural that he should get the most facetime.
Bull, the named characters been there they should have the floor, Luffy gets here two chapters in and he already got the stage, Thats' garbage.

Quote:
Although I'm pretty sure Luffy's gonna play a part in saving Ace, when was it ever said or even implied that they needed him? You know, its been more or less five minutes since Luffy arrived in story time and you've already decided Oda's gonna make Whitebeard Canonfodder and Luffy's going to steal the show. Why don't you just let the situation play out before you decide it's garbage.
It's already happening, Luffy took the stage and is the only one taking charge while others back him up. That tranny Iva even said it, they are nothing more than tools for Luffy's success right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Yeah, so unlike Aizen, huh?
If Whitebeard jumped in right off the bat, it would just gonna become a giant brawl between him, the shichibukai, the admirals, and his captains. Or is that what you are suggesting?

Not to mention having the boss riskily going in-fight right away in such a big war is not very smart...Luckily he didn't do that "badass" act, cause someone here would start flaming him "stupid Whitebeard" instead

You are very smart.
Why would I flame whitebeard for doing what he came to do...Fight the government and try to rescue Ace in an all out war?

Quote:
Yeah, a famed seventy old man gives a 15 year old punk a bitch-slap because he talks to him with no modest, but still with a great respect, and a great worry about his well-being when he was attacked.

How smart
What are you saying here?

Quote:
What do you suggest?
For whitebeard Pirates to do what they came to do and not watch others do it.

Quote:
You said as if Luffy steals the spot light for the whole battle and that Luffy can steal the spot light among the big shots is incredibly unintelligible.

I proved Luffy has only been on the spot light for a minute, and it happens very naturally and logically and cool.

May be you are smart. And intelligent, huh?
That's what I'm talking about, even worse. Luffy been here two chapters and he already done moved furniture. Luffy is leading the charge to save Ace while others role is just to keep him alive, again Luffy's tools for success.

Quote:
He's doing plan A right now, you say he fails. I'm listing alternative plan B,C and D, and obviously they are instant fails, and thx god Oda did not choose them.

The godlike plan E Phenomenal is holding in secret. Talk it out. Otherwise all you are saying is that OP is instant fail no matter what Oda does and he should just do plan F which is stop making OP for good.

Which will tell how intelligent, and smart you are
Oda's plan A is fanservice right now...
Old 2009-09-25, 03:05   Link #125
Cinocard

Quote:
Bull, the named characters been there they should have the floor, Luffy gets here two chapters in and he already got the stage, Thats' garbage.
So you want 5 more chapters full of fillers and flashy meaningless moves from the "named character?"

Let me get this straight: Luffy got the stage, because the real powers haven't even gone to the stage. They haven't, because they are high and mighty and important and are reserving themselves and observing carefully for the fit moment to act. The ones who got to the stage first are the fodders.

Quote:
Why would I flame whitebeard for doing what he came to do...Fight the government and try to rescue Ace in an all out war?
As I said, if Oda has him do that, it's gonna be a messy brawl. For godsake he didn't. Was what i said wrong?

Quote:
I'm saying it's stupid of Whitebeard if he wanted to kick Luffy ass for his manner. A real man does not quarrel with a kid.

Quote:
They are doing it, apparently... The fight hasn't been 15 minutes... And Luffy is the main character. We already know that no matter how the battle processes, he's gonna play a key role in it.

Quote:
That's what I'm talking about, even worse. Luffy been here two chapters and he already done moved furniture. Luffy is leading the charge to save Ace while others role is just to keep him alive, again Luffy's tools for success.
Not again. No matter how many chapters, it has only been minutes, and it's stupid for the big boys to go all out right off the bat. And it's impossible to draw them all that way anyway. Imagine in your head how you are gonna draw a manga with Whitebeard, Akainu, Kizaru, Macro, Hawk, Kuma, Jose, Aokiji... brawling all at once with their full power. It's gonna be full of shit.

And apparently, having to use tools is way better than pulling wtf powers out of thin air like in Bleach, or 60% fighting shounen manga out there for that matter.

Quote:
And give me a better plan, as I said. You just keep saying: lets have the whitebeard crew in action, and not Luffy.

But they already did. Tons of people as strong or stronger than Luffy are fighting. They are just not drawn in details

Of course a man with brain is gonna keep the named ones busy with quality cannon fodders first. After that he would take them out one by one, or go for a sudden strike to rescue Ace and retreat quickly.

If what can satisfy you is only Whitebeard and Macro and Jose jumping in the middle of 5 Shichibukai and 3 admirals and Garp and Sengoku and what else and get their ass cooked, I would say there's no way OP could ever become that absurd, and you should just walk away.

To sum it up, what you want is practically impossible for a mangaka to draw, and practically foolish for Whitebeard to do. But if Oda cannot draw Whitebeard and his captains, he turns to Luffy and draws him instead. And you keep bashing him for that, lol.

Last edited by Cinocard; 2009-09-25 at 03:20.
Old 2009-09-25, 06:17   Link #126
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriankhoo153 View Post
For once I was hoping Luffy will be able to divert Kizaru kick in this chapter.
well he need to ask mr.marco how to do it...
Old 2009-09-25, 06:44   Link #127
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Yes, because this entire arc is about Luffy's mission to save Ace. We've been telling you that since Impel Down. This honestly shouldn't have come as a surprise, of course Luffy gets the stage considering this arc has been about him saving Ace from the very beginning.

Quote:
Luffy is also doing what he came here to do...

Quote:
And having Whitebeard do the job leaving the hero in the dust is also fanservice... Whitebeard fanservice.

So its fanservice either way. Luffy fanservice versus Whitebeard fanservice. I don't see the point in this fanservice argument.
Old 2009-09-25, 06:50   Link #128
SecretT

Good chapter

Whitebeard hasn't joined the fight yet because he's being cautious- he knows Sengoku is planning something,so it's better for him to avoid reckless moves.The whole execution was to lure him to Marine HQ.

Moria using zombies-so it's confirmed that there were some casualties already in the battle.Although with Jimbei present,Moria won't be able to do anything with them.I hope we'll see some new shadow abilities from him.

So it seems Kuma works for Dragon,that explains why saved the Strawhats from Kizaru.

Luffy had done well fighting Marines,but I think he won't do much more for a while,he's already tired,and now he used Gear Three.

Last edited by SecretT; 2009-09-25 at 07:51.
Old 2009-09-25, 08:33   Link #129
seiji_kun

You just got to love how Oda is able to show such a big battle but still adds so much humor. Those Buggy worshippers had me cracking up, probably the biggest fools I saw in a while. And Kizaru's face in itself is just so goofy that it cracks me up.

But what I really want to know is whether that giant that Luffy probably OHKO'd is a VA or not. I do doubt Oda would give Luffy already the honors to OHKO a giant va like WB even if it was Gear 3rd Rifle but you never know. If he was I'd have mixed feelings about it. But those giants are really spicing things up. the battle and making it fun to follow. Oars jr, that giant WB OHKOd and now this one.

Then Luffy, oh Luffy I can always count on you to keep me entertained. At least your suicide run has more chance at succeeding. Talking casually with WB and jumping all relaxed of that ship while shouting and hogging the spotlight and making yourself a big target yet confident enough that he'll save his big brother. That's what you got to love about him.
Old 2009-09-25, 08:59   Link #130
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yes, because this entire arc is about Luffy's mission to save Ace. We've been telling you that since Impel Down. This honestly shouldn't have come as a surprise, of course Luffy gets the stage considering this arc has been about him saving Ace from the very beginning.
Basically is like that, is like asking in Naruto in the rescue Sasuke arc that instead of Naruto reaching and fighting it would had been Neeji instead, why…well, because I like even better Neeji, or in Bleach Soul Society arc, in the moment Ichigo was about to reach Rukia to save her, not wanting him to be rescuing her, rather it was supposed to be Hitsu-kun, because well, I dont find Ichigo to be a good principal character.!
Old 2009-09-25, 09:47   Link #131
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

It's not that I don't understand where Phenomenal is coming from, but... Well… I’ve dedicated a good amount of my time to another series just waiting for the main character to finally take the spotlight, but that moment never came. And when it did it was incredibly short lived, he decides that he doesn’t like violence anymore and that letting people beat the shit out of him is a better approach. Instead, it is the other guy (who should have been a side character) who keeps pushing the story forward. He is the one that all the girls want to fuck, all the guys want to fight, the one everyone else praise, and even his special power seems a lot more relevant to the story than the main character's special power. The story revolves around him and why everybody wants him. So, you see, when Luffy manages to be the center of attention even with all the world's big shots standing right next to him, it is very refreshing to me. I’m knocking myself out with One Piece, it’s everything I wanted the other series to be like - and then some.

And it’s not like Luffy is the only one trying to save Ace, just that he is the only one breaking formation. The other guys are experienced enough to know better than that.
Old 2009-09-25, 10:15   Link #132
ZeroForever

the main issue with the idea the Marine's would send out everything they got is that's it's clearly implied that Sengoku has a hidden battle plan.

Whitebeard is experienced enough to know that Sengoku has a plan he just doesn't know what it is, as such he's holding back.
Old 2009-09-25, 10:21   Link #133
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Awesome chapters. I like how the battle actually follow the real non-modern battle phrases instead of random duels while having cannon folders fighting in the background (like in that desert arc).

In another words: elite fighters first showed off their power to reduce opponents' morales. Then big clashes between frontline troops and the elites were reserved to keep the tides in their best favor and to be thrown all in when needs a break through.

So If Luffy can turn a tide in his front, he gave the pirates the advantage of initiative and force the marines have to show their trump cards first
Old 2009-09-25, 10:37   Link #134
noktown

Quote:

At least unlike Naruto it doesn't consist of 2 characters ;o

Where obviously they get the stage wherever they appear xd

Ontopic :

/Boring,Luffy looks like a bug in-front of the big boys...
I don't see him defeating anyone in this arc unless he already mastered some Haki.
Old 2009-09-25, 10:52   Link #135
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
He's not special like Whitebeard, a guy who is the King of the sea and suppose to have BEEN running after Ace right now. Not lame Luffy.

It's already happening, Luffy took the stage and is the only one taking charge while others back him up. That tranny Iva even said it, they are nothing more than tools for Luffy's success right now.

The more I argue with you, the more pointless it seems. Your arguments aren't based on factual information, just things you think are happening and is going to happen. It seems to me that you don't dislike what's been happening, but rather who its been happening to, as evident by your "lame Luffy" statement. Well get used to it, he's the main character so whether you like it or not you're going to be seeing a lot of him.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-09-25, 11:23   Link #136
Slayerx

Quote:
If whitebeard just charged in, he would be as dead as Oar's Jr.
He may be the strongest man in the world but he is NOT immortal or immune to damage.

Why was Oar's jr. taken down so fast? it was because he charged in and got triple teamed by the shichibukai... if Whitebeard charged in right from the get go, he would get blasted from every direction by the 3 admirals, the 5 shichibukai, and whatever other kind of surprised Sen Goku has prepared for this war... its a damn good way to take on a lot of damage and get yourself killed

Whitebeard is fighting with something we call INTELLIGENCE... He let's the others fight first, he lets the enemy divide up their forces, and show their hand... Hell it's even in his words at the beginning of this chapter; he knows that Sen Goku wants the pirates to panic, he knows that Sen Goku wants them to charge in a rush for Ace... If he charged in he would be playing right into Sengoku's hands... Whitebeard may be the strongest man in the world, but you should not underestimate Sen Goku... it's a good way to get yourself killed

Besides, a true king doesn't need to fight himself... he shows his superiority by not fighting. Afterall, if the world gov't can't handle his minions, then what possible hope do they have against the king

fact of the matter is, up till now, Whitebeard did not need to rush the field as he still had 2 hours to save Ace... Whitebeard will only rush in when he absoulty must... otherwise, his current methods are the smartest thing he could do right now.
Old 2009-09-25, 11:33   Link #137
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
He may be the strongest man in the world but he is NOT immortal or immune to damage.

Why was Oar's jr. taken down so fast? it was because he charged in and got triple teamed by the shichibukai... if Whitebeard charged in right from the get go, he would get blasted from every direction by the 3 admirals, the 5 shichibukai, and whatever other kind of surprised Sen Goku has prepared for this war... its a damn good way to take on a lot of damage and get yourself killed

Whitebeard is fighting with something we call INTELLIGENCE... He let's the others fight first, he lets the enemy divide up their forces, and show their hand... Hell it's even in his words at the beginning of this chapter; he knows that Sen Goku wants the pirates to panic, he knows that Sen Goku wants them to charge in a rush for Ace... If he charged in he would be playing right into Sengoku's hands... Whitebeard may be the strongest man in the world, but you should not underestimate Sen Goku... it's a good way to get yourself killed

Besides, a true king doesn't need to fight himself... he shows his superiority by not fighting. Afterall, if the world gov't can't handle his minions, then what possible hope do they have against the king

fact of the matter is, up till now, Whitebeard did not need to rush the field as he still had 2 hours to save Ace... Whitebeard will only rush in when he absoulty must... otherwise, his current methods are the smartest thing he could do right now.
Yeah I agree with you on everything on that post.

Besides I doubt it has been more than couple of minutes since Whitebeard's fleet emerged.

No doubt we will see Whitebeard in full action but for now he is just observing situation, commanding his forces, encouraging them and waiting that enemy will show its hand.

He is acting like a real general, Whitebeard knows Sengoku from past and he dont underestimate him either.

Its pretty fascinating how Luffys and Whitebeards relations were forged in mere two chapters, Whitebeard now truely likes Luffy and he has ordered his most valuable commander to protect Luffy.

It is impossible to predict what happens on next chapter but since when Oda has let us down?
Old 2009-09-25, 13:04   Link #138
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
So you want 5 more chapters full of fillers and flashy meaningless moves from the "named character?"

Let me get this straight: Luffy got the stage, because the real powers haven't even gone to the stage. They haven't, because they are high and mighty and important and are reserving themselves and observing carefully for the fit moment to act. The ones who got to the stage first are the fodders.
How the heck do you call World power members fodder? and how will their fights and moves be meaningless? You make no sense.

Quote:
As I said, if Oda has him do that, it's gonna be a messy brawl. For godsake he didn't. Was what i said wrong?
A war is a messy brawl...Especially from so called scallywag pirates.

Quote:
I'm saying it's stupid of Whitebeard if he wanted to kick Luffy ass for his manner. A real man does not quarrel with a kid.
He did it to Ace besides That wasn't my main point of my post, you ignored that part.

Quote:
They are doing it, apparently... The fight hasn't been 15 minutes... And Luffy is the main character. We already know that no matter how the battle processes, he's gonna play a key role in it.
They aren't doing anything but standing there watching Luffy and backing him up. That main character excuse is so lame..

Quote:
Not again. No matter how many chapters, it has only been minutes, and it's stupid for the big boys to go all out right off the bat. And it's impossible to draw them all that way anyway. Imagine in your head how you are gonna draw a manga with Whitebeard, Akainu, Kizaru, Macro, Hawk, Kuma, Jose, Aokiji... brawling all at once with their full power. It's gonna be full of shit.

And apparently, having to use tools is way better than pulling wtf powers out of thin air like in Bleach, or 60% fighting shounen manga out there for that matter.
No you are terribly wrong, Luffy pulls powers out of his cheeks all the time so please just stop. and the Big boys should have been fighting [They been here for five chapters] hell Akira Toriyama allowed his big boys to get busy from the gates, So did Kishimoto!!

Quote:
And give me a better plan, as I said. You just keep saying: lets have the whitebeard crew in action, and not Luffy.

But they already did. Tons of people as strong or stronger than Luffy are fighting. They are just not drawn in details

Of course a man with brain is gonna keep the named ones busy with quality cannon fodders first. After that he would take them out one by one, or go for a sudden strike to rescue Ace and retreat quickly.

If what can satisfy you is only Whitebeard and Macro and Jose jumping in the middle of 5 Shichibukai and 3 admirals and Garp and Sengoku and what else and get their ass cooked, I would say there's no way OP could ever become that absurd, and you should just walk away.

To sum it up, what you want is practically impossible for a mangaka to draw, and practically foolish for Whitebeard to do. But if Oda cannot draw Whitebeard and his captains, he turns to Luffy and draws him instead. And you keep bashing him for that, lol.
Yeah Oda is unique not cliche remember? He is the GODA111!! Da Best...
He should have been had Whitebeard pirates try to do what Luffy's doing right now chapters ago not become the tools for the mai ncharacter lol, terible fanservice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Nah, Whitebeard saving Ace was before Luffy ever even knew it...So..

Quote:
Luffy is also doing what he came here to do...
Yeah just have the Whitebeard pirates do it too...

Quote:
And having Whitebeard do the job leaving the hero in the dust is also fanservice... Whitebeard fanservice.

So its fanservice either way. Luffy fanservice versus Whitebeard fanservice. I don't see the point in this fanservice argument.
No it isn't, Luffy is the fan favoirte, Whitebeard is not...He is the King of da dang Seas...Go do what you came to do not let a rookie do it for you..Fanservice by your boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
The more I argue with you, the more pointless it seems. Your arguments aren't based on factual information, just things you think are happening and is going to happen. It seems to me that you don't dislike what's been happening, but rather who its been happening to, as evident by your "lame Luffy" statement. Well get used to it, he's the main character so whether you like it or not you're going to be seeing a lot of him.
No I'm telling you what has been happening in the chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
LULZ, Oars doesn't have elite commanders under him and he doesn't have quake powers that can shatter Admirals on point! I'm not just talking Whitebeard here I'm talking Whitebeard pirates...Yet we got retarded Luffy charging in [With back up from whitebeard pirates] and now you say whitebeard can't do the same with all the back up he's brought?

ahahahahahaha
Old 2009-09-25, 13:20   Link #139
james0246

Quote:
hell Akira Toriyama allowed his big boys to get busy from the gates, So did Kishimoto!!
Umh...in Dragon Ball and Naruto, the big dogs are the main characters. In One Piece, Luffy is not the biggest or the bestest (yet), he is the middle-level character that is fighting in the big leagues due to his will and desire to save his beloved brother. So, your comparison doesn't make much sense, and any complaint you may draw from such a superficial comparisson is ultimately incorrect...

Quote:
He should have been had Whitebeard pirates try to do what Luffy's doing right now chapters ago not become the tools for the mai ncharacter lol, terible fanservice.
Uhm, maybe you forgot Oars? He was the big guy that worked for Whitebeard, had a stupid look on his face...wore a hat; you should remember that he charged right out to the front of the fight knocking over the Vice-Admiral giants all the way, until he reached the execution platform where he was viciously killed (well, supposedly killed...he did lose a leg though, and at least a lung) by the Shichibukai. So...your complaint is invalid because what you are complaining about as having not happened, has in fact happened...

Quote:
Yeah just have the Whitebeard pirates do it too...
Which they've already done, and are still doing...or do you think all the pictures of characters fighting is just the marines practicing on each other what there going to do to Whitebeard and his 'family'?
Old 2009-09-25, 13:21   Link #140
marvelB

Yeah, I also gotta admit that I find it kinda strange that people are chiding Newgate for actually playing it safe and biding his time before rescuing Ace himself. I'd think that would be a mark of his experience, right there. I mentioned this earlier, but when Luffy was running to Ace's rescue, he didn't have as much of an easy time getting past those marines as he did in Enies Lobby, seeing as he nearly got fried by one of Kizaru's beams and actually got injured by some of the grunts (and a good majority of THOSE guys are VAs too, remember). Obviously Luffy wouldn't go down as quickly as Oars did, but him and the giant already prove that Whitebeard made the smart choice in standing back and issuing commands to his forces.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Moria, being the absolute nuisance/annoyance he is, was hilarious in this chapter. It's funny how Jimbei quickly disposed of the zombies by throwing a big wave of sea water at them. He is the worst possible match up they could have faced. I wonder if Moria and Jimbei will square off in the subsequent chapters to come....

Yeah, I had that thought, as well. If anything, it would be pretty sweet to see two Shichibukai squaring off against each other (well, one of them's technically a former Shichibukai now, but you get the idea). It would also be nice to see Hancock actually do something other than swooning over Luffy sometime within the next few chapters, too.
Closed Thread