AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

Old 2014-10-04, 11:44   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Fate/stay night UBW TV - Anime Spoilers, Speculation & Source Comparison

This thread is for the experienced Fate/stay night viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the games, novels, and other related material). Its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Fate/stay night UBW anime series, and it will therefore contain unmarked spoilers.

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the Fate/stay night game, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but please include them for extra material outside the main game, or in other situations when appropriate.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a game discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the game then please use the existing thread.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-10-04 at 12:48.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 12:09   Link #2
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairin View Post
This thread is for the experienced Fate/stay night viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the games, novels, and other related material), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Fate/stay night UBW anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers.

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the Fate/stay night game, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but please include them for extra material outside the main game, or in other situations when appropriate.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a game discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.
So we can't discuss episode 0 and such?
Old 2014-10-04, 12:15   Link #3
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
So we can't discuss episode 0 and such?
I guess if you want to compare it with VN/Deen fate sure, but not just talking about episode 0 since it already have it's own thread
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 12:17   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I guess if you want to compare it with VN/Deen fate sure, but not just talking about episode 0 since it already have it's own thread
Yup, exactly. This thread isn't to duplicate the episodes threads, but rather to cover content (like spoilers, etc.) that can't be discussed in the episode threads due to the Spoiler Policy.
Old 2014-10-04, 12:58   Link #5
Lorhand

Obvious connection to Fate/Zero that ufotable added in is the catalyst Tokiomi left for Rin, though I think she would have summoned her Archer anyway. Also, it would have been weird if two copies of Gilgamesh had been summoned I guess. ^_^
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 13:00   Link #6
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
Obvious connection to Fate/Zero that ufotable added in is the catalyst Tokiomi left for Rin, though I think she would have summoned her Archer anyway. Also, it would have been weird if two copies of Gilgamesh had been summoned I guess. ^_^
Actually, that would have been amazing. Just imagine the two of them bickering about who the REAL Gilgamesh is... and destroying the world in the process
Old 2014-10-04, 14:17   Link #7
GDB

Pretty sure Servants know how the Throne of Heroes and Servant summoning system works. I imagine it more like they'd just compliment each other and agree on how everyone else is a mongrel. Zero Gil might then share any information on interesting things he found in the last ten years, or complain that everything sucks.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 14:21   Link #8
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm now imagining two Gilgameshs calling Shirou a mongrel in stereo, and it is hilarious.
Old 2014-10-04, 14:47   Link #9
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm now imagining two Gilgameshs calling Shirou a mongrel in stereo, and it is hilarious.
All while walking around Shirou, the FZ ep1 style ;P
Old 2014-10-04, 15:07   Link #10
GDB

Gilgamesh was like, the only character who preferred standing to walking.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 15:10   Link #11
Unknown Soldier
:D

Why would Gilgy ever walk? That's what mongrels do! Gilgy, being the royalty that he is, always instantly appears where he needs to be in any scene!
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 15:21   Link #12
Lorhand

Well, Gil can't dematerialize anymore, since he's got a real body now... It's mentioned that there are still some things in the modern world that he likes and if the biker outfit and his portrayal in Carnival Phantasm are any indication, I say he just went to his bike and then drove home.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 17:46   Link #13
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

CP Gil is hilarious. Also, the part when Rin's shocked, compares to Tokiomi's face when he got killed :3
Old 2014-10-05, 08:48   Link #14
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
But, the two aren't distinct. If I'm talking about Episode 0, I will be including spoilers in that discussion, because of what I know. Splitting it into two seperate posts is just idiotic.
Old 2014-10-05, 09:08   Link #15
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
But, the two aren't distinct. If I'm talking about Episode 0, I will be including spoilers in that discussion, because of what I know. Splitting it into two seperate posts is just idiotic.
If that is the case just comment in this thread and there shouldn't be any problem. If you want to post in the episode thread you will have to make sure that the post you make will be about things which can be deduced from just the episode itself.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 09:14   Link #16
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
If that is the case just comment in this thread and there shouldn't be any problem. If you want to post in the episode thread you will have to make sure that the post you make will be about things which can be deduced from just the episode itself.
My posts in the episode thread are a good guide for that
Old 2014-10-05, 09:23   Link #17
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
My posts in the episode thread are a good guide for that
I see what you did there

But yeah Shirou wasn't introduced in episode 0, there was no reason for some poster to mention him yet.
Old 2014-10-05, 10:23   Link #18
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I was actually sort of surprised they'd bring out Saber this early. I was expecting them to at least show her summoning scene before she actually fights Archer, or maybe stop at the summong scene, ala the badass summon Emiya did in the first episode of Zero.

I guess the next episode will do the basic Shirou and Saber intro.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 10:29   Link #19
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I was actually sort of surprised they'd bring out Saber this early. I was expecting them to at least show her summoning scene before she actually fights Archer, or maybe stop at the summong scene, ala the badass summon Emiya did in the first episode of Zero.

I guess the next episode will do the basic Shirou and Saber intro.
We should see the summoning scene in episode 1. Episode 1 will show the events of episode 0 from Shirou's point of view. This is the same as how it was done in the visual novel.
Old 2014-10-05, 10:34   Link #20
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I know. My point being that it felt a bit anticlimactic to just drop Saber in when they already have to deal with Lancer, though in retrospect it'll be easier to connect both POVs at this part since their first official meeting as masters was the Archer vs Saber encounter.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote