AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 35 27.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 35.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 21.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 10.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-28, 22:38   Link #41
roan

Speaker name would be the main script writer and person in charge of series composition, Okada Mari. Source would be the mook below (it's a magazine, so of course they won't have the interview on the website).

The top sentence would (or should be, I don't have the mook) be the question that the interviewer asked btw.

http://www.yosensha.co.jp/book/b11150.html

Last edited by roan; 2009-01-28 at 22:57.
Old 2009-01-28, 22:42   Link #42
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

When I first listened to the OP2 single by itself, I didn't think too much of it. But after seeing the new OP sequence in action I couldn't help but be impressed with how it turned out. The new OP and this episode in general has really stepped things up IMO. I look forward to seeing how things wrap up.
Old 2009-01-28, 23:19   Link #43
wistfulloner

Yes, as I have predicted, the new OP and ED singles have great synergy with the videos. The mood and tone set in them is crystal clear and very well done.

Am I the only one here who finds the lack of Kitamura unnerving? Such an omnipresent character should be allowed at least a small scene in the ED. That's unless he won't be a major character in the following episodes, or the studio is just downplaying him to drum up more attention for the Ryuji-Ami-Minori-Taiga drama.
Old 2009-01-28, 23:21   Link #44
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Emo miniorin ?
Old 2009-01-29, 00:16   Link #45
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Ep 17:
Old 2009-01-29, 00:19   Link #46
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
The animation and dialogue is pretty good here.
Old 2009-01-29, 00:54   Link #47
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Well for me, I really like the new OP/ED, I know that Pre-Parade and Vanilla Salt was very good, so it takes some time to get used to the new ones but they are very good.
Old 2009-01-29, 01:49   Link #48
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
The staff already got the basic outline of the plot from the author for up to volume 10, which is where they intend to finish it. It won't be completely the same (then again, nothing has been), but the general flow should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well.... that's what i call a decent reference (though the speaker name and/or a website linkage would be even better).
Here's an exceptionally arm-waving rendition (I won't call it a translation).

At the current pace, we are running into parts not yet written.
But we have the plot outline from Takemiya, we write from that. Though it may be different (in detail) and not a perfect match, it should flow the same.
Takemiya is putting enormous perseverance into the work.
(last part is crubby... um something like) we must work hard also (????)

Whee, yes that was terrible --- someone else can take a turn and be more precise. I so fail without my dictionaries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
Speaker name would be the main script writer and person in charge of series composition, Okada Mari. Source would be the mook below (it's a magazine, so of course they won't have the interview on the website).

The top sentence would (or should be, I don't have the mook) be the question that the interviewer asked btw.

http://www.yosensha.co.jp/book/b11150.html
All I can say to this is FUCK YEAH.

So FUCK YEAH.

OP2 is still awesome. God I can't wait for subs.

For an actual contribution to the discussion, does anyone know if this arc is going to be 2 episodes or 3?
Old 2009-01-29, 02:06   Link #49
wistfulloner

My guess is three. Right now, the actual conflict has only just been introduced. If you look at the Kitamura arc, by the first episode, the conflict has been introduced and a plan also laid out. The next episode will already come to a turning point. As for the Christmas arc, the climax won't be coming so early. Considering how important this arc is to the storyline, my money is on 3 episodes.

Hopefully, we get to see more facades and drama with 3.
Old 2009-01-29, 02:53   Link #50
roan

Yeah 3. This episode covered only 2 chapters in the novel. 5 chapters total in volume 7, and judging by the title for the next episode, they'll devote one full episode for the last chapter in that book - which is about 50 pages.
Old 2009-01-29, 05:53   Link #51
KallenMiki
~=Live for Existence=~

Hoping to see a good episode about Taiga! ^_^
Old 2009-01-29, 06:11   Link #52
Tri-ring

Well watching this episode was painful for me.
If you think why Taiga is acting out of character being cheerful and trying to make Ryuji get closer to Minori is probably because she saw how people like Sumire placed Kitamura's well being before herself.
Taiga had came to terms that she will not be with Kitamura but also realized that if she kept on tying down Ryuji then Ryuji will become a victim of her own selfishness which she will never forgive herself.
But then she probably also starting to feel the emptiness creeping in the more she acts out of character, finding her true affection towards Ryuji and also starting to realize how much effort Ryuji had devoted for her and the kindness he had provided.

Minori is also a train reck asking to happen.
She said she want to she a ghost but was also afraid of it, well I believe she is confronting a ghost and do not know how to react. She is unsure if her affection towards Ryuji is true, with even less confidence if she can actually maintain a love relationship and a huge baggage of uncertainties to boot.

Ami is giving a helping hand also out of character, since she likes Ryuji who treats her for who she really is and not the person she acts, also seeing what Minori is confronting.

The only ones who are acting normally are the two male twerps which is right on character.

=Edit=
When I say painful I do not mean the direction and/or production of the program but feeling empathy toward the two females who are putting up a facade over their true emotions.

Last edited by Tri-ring; 2009-01-29 at 06:42.
Old 2009-01-29, 07:17   Link #53
typhonsentra

I wonder if this story will be resolved next week too. Obviously I haven't seen volume 7 but going by the picture gallery they didn't get very far into the book's material this episode which is surprising considering the way things normally go (They burn through everything but the last 1/3 of the book in the set-up episode normally).
Old 2009-01-29, 09:56   Link #54
wistfulloner

Taiga is still sorting out her life. While she starts to develop feelings for Ryuji, bottom line is, she still cannot let go of Kitamura, like how she still acts awkwardly in front of him. Perhaps its how Taiga involuntarily responds to a failed love, but to me it seems she's confused which one she should follow.

Does it snow in Japan anyway?
Old 2009-01-29, 09:59   Link #55
roan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Taiga is still sorting out her life. While she starts to develop feelings for Ryuji, bottom line is, she still cannot let go of Kitamura, like how she still acts awkwardly in front of him. Perhaps its how Taiga involuntarily responds to a failed love, but to me it seems she's confused which one she should follow.

Depends on where you live in Japan.
Old 2009-01-29, 12:51   Link #56
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The brand-new OP and ED were probably the flags for the resolution arcs to begin.
Old 2009-01-29, 14:32   Link #57
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Let me direct you to the Sapporo Snow Festival. Snow makes an appearance all the way down to Tokyo fairly regularly (which is roughly parallel to San Francisco in latitude). And, of course, Mt Fuji and several other mountains are routinely snow-capped.
Old 2009-01-29, 14:46   Link #58
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Character designs seemed a little softer this episode... and Taiga was in over 'kyoot' mode.

Second OP's not bad, liking it a little better. The ED might take me a little to get used to.
Old 2009-01-29, 20:21   Link #59
typhonsentra

Damn, discussion really died here. Subs, we need you!
Old 2009-01-29, 22:01   Link #60
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So, is Toradora a single season anime only and the conclusion has begun?
Closed Thread