AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-22, 10:26   Link #41
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Saki is a NEET.
Old 2009-06-22, 14:44   Link #42
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Saki is a NEET.
That just further shows that the lack of any female neets within the 20K makes no sense, LOL.

I mean, if the info was posted on the net, and anyone could help, that means that Taki turned all females away = Taki is sexist.
Old 2009-06-23, 12:39   Link #43
Happy_Chip

Is This character supposed to be female? Every time s/he had screentime I kept asking myself that question.
Old 2009-06-23, 13:01   Link #44
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I'm pretty sure she is a she, and not some kinda fake crossdresser because Spoiler ahead:
Spoiler for minor spoiler from the last episodes:
Old 2009-06-24, 05:38   Link #45
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Chip View Post
Is This character supposed to be female? Every time s/he had screentime I kept asking myself that question.
She definitely female, her nickname 'onee' - can be seen as to be taken from 'onee-san' (big sis)
Not to mention, she's the equivalent of a bimbo with her speech when she gets excited x.x;;;;;;;;
So yeah, definitely female xD

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Old 2009-06-25, 13:36   Link #46
kero

Spoiler for a general q about EotE:
Old 2009-06-25, 15:00   Link #47
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kero View Post
Spoiler for a general q about EotE:
Akira heard about the program from Saki in an off-screen conversation between episode 5 and 6, when she told him about the EotE club and such.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2009-06-26 at 00:17.
Old 2009-06-26, 00:37   Link #48
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Not to mention, she's the equivalent of a bimbo with her speech when she gets excited x.x;;;;;;;;
Hmmm... that's true of some of my gay friends who wouldn't be caught dead in a dress (at least not during the day). Also a full time crossdresser would have to use and receive feminine parts of speech.

My gay-dar says "tranny". Tho' I wasn't sure for a long time because I had a hard time believing we'd see such a realistic crossdresser in anime. Finally a couple eps ago we gota good shot of her adam's apple.
Spoiler for image:

Go figure... last few seasons were full of fantasy moe moe crossdressers, this season we get two (vaguely) plausible ones.
Old 2009-06-26, 22:29   Link #49
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

This probably just flew over my head, but something bugs me about the end of the episode.

During Episode 5, Akira encountered one of the 20,000 NEETs that he sent over to Dubai. Did they... ever explain exactly how he got back to Japan and back into society while the other 19,999 NEETs didn't? On that same subject, why exactly was that same NEET apart of the larger group of naked NEETs on the roof during the last episode? It's not like he would have been with the other NEETs that just arrived back in Japan during the time, so what compelled him to be there... why was he there at all?
Old 2009-06-26, 23:24   Link #50
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
On that same subject, why exactly was that same NEET apart of the larger group of naked NEETs on the roof during the last episode? It's not like he would have been with the other NEETs that just arrived back in Japan during the time, so what compelled him to be there... why was he there at all?
Akira contacted the NEETs' cell phones, remember? He must have asked Juiz for that, and that means he also appeared in this particular NEET's phone too, even if that guy wasn't at the mall then.

On the phone Akira said that more missiles were gonna strike Japan and everyone was gonna die, and if the NEETs wanted to stop it, they would have to go to the mall's rooftop. Of course, after such a message, this NEET, who probably wasn't too far away from the mall, would have been compelled to go take a look.

That's why he was there, and it seems plausible to me.
Old 2009-06-27, 09:57   Link #51
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Makes sense to me, thanks a lot!

Though I'm still wondering how he managed to be the only one to get back to Japan. He married someone from Dubin, does that mean she paid for the trip to have both of them return to Japan?

Last edited by Tamad; 2009-06-28 at 11:30.
Old 2009-06-28, 07:46   Link #52
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't think he's the only one. Well that's merely speculation, but it could be that some others managed to get back to Japan in a way or another. Of course the anime can't show all of them.

Old 2009-07-28, 12:42   Link #53
ellifeedn
Thinker

In the last episode, how did having all the NEETs on the roof help Akira?
Old 2009-07-28, 17:24   Link #54
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

He got all of the NEETS to come up with ideas how to best stop the missiles. These were forwarded to Juiz who picked the best one and implemented it. He harnessed the power of a large group of apparently useless people to solve a very difficult problem.

Best Buy has now implemented this philosophy using Twitter. When a customer has a question, instead of asking the dummy on the floor, the question goes out to all their employees via Twitter, in the hope that one of the dummies out there might know the answer. It's quite an inspired idea and actually quite effective.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2009-07-31 at 11:38.
Old 2009-07-28, 20:59   Link #55
bpc908
SOS Brigade Member

Thumbs up

Makes me wonder, is Juiz not just an Artificial Intelligence or she a real person in the series? Is she indeed this person?
Old 2009-07-29, 00:03   Link #56
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

This issue remained unresolved in the series. We expect the movies to address it.
Old 2010-08-14, 10:22   Link #57
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Here is a question...

Why is Eden of the East listed as josei on all of the websites? I don't find this series to be josei or seinen, it's more neutral in my eyes.
Old 2010-08-15, 00:11   Link #58
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

It's definitely レディコミ (lady's comics) material. The point of view is Saki's. The viewer experiences all her feminine excitement at suddenly meeting such a wild and handsome young man in such a strange manner at the very edge of the chasm of the rest of the pointless life which yawns before her.

His situation and behavior are fascinating. He drags her through experiences that her innate good sense would never allow her to get into otherwise. He's interesting and fun (and rich) and has problems with which she can help. She has a wonderful time and wants more. All this is serious lady-drool bait.

There is a lot of action stuff for the males as well. The Noitamina slot was meant for couples to cuddle up and watch late at night together, so it needs stuff to keep both of them interested.

Labels are so 20th century, aren't they?

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-08-15 at 00:22.
Old 2010-08-15, 11:10   Link #59
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Ahh...I got ya. Thanks for clearing that up.

Tags
q&a