AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-05-07, 20:16   Link #341
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
In my comic she change hairstyle to forget her past physically too, her hairs were connected with her masks (stadfteld and kozuki).
Then she cut a very short hair look for don't recon the old herself on the mirror and for grow them long after.

At last more characters(in the comic) like Kallen with long hairs, she show her femininity and to be a splendid woman if she want.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 21:12   Link #342
Betteroffer

Yeah, I was able to recognize that as being her reasoning for changing her hairstyle in your comic. As I said, I do like the style and you do pull it off splendidly as an artist.

The thing is, while I like the in change your story, as it happens in the "epilogue" and thus symbolizes Kallen's growth after the main series from a still "broken" child into a complete and well adjusted adult, I am more apprehensive to the change as it is displayed in Megiddo.

In the case of Megiddo, while some of it is indeed merely aesthetics, it is more a symbolic thing as the change seems to emphasize to the audience just how much we have missed of Kallen's growth and, to me, makes her feel a bit too "alien."

As well, the spikes seemed to symbolize her attitude and ties to Japan and her identity as a Japanese person, and I don't see her as losing them until she believes she no longer needs to fight and can in effect establish an identity for herself outside of combat. In the Birthday Picture Drama, she seems to have taken something of an inbetween hairstyle with her keeping the spikes, but having them droop slightly, as though accepting both sides of herself, though that is likely just me reading WAY too much into it.

Also, since you're likely to read this WZA, I want to apologize for sounding like a whiny #@%&.

Keep up the good work, both of you.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 00:08   Link #343
Wing Zero Alpha

Just for future reference, I made a thread here on AnimeSuki for Megiddo discussion. I will be posting my answers to the previous posts there, out of respect for Bonzo and his thread.

Last edited by Wing Zero Alpha; 2010-05-10 at 00:21.
Wing Zero Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 17:53   Link #344
Lord Jeremiah
Orange-kun

Tbh I think the original ending is smoother then this, however I enjoyed reading it and especially that Kalulu got a happy ending together ^^
Great artwork as well P:
Lord Jeremiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 18:49   Link #345
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

The new comic, a light story.

Naoto and Shirley school teacher go to speak with Lelouch about a thing...

http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...rn26.5aeng.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...rn26.5beng.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...rn26.5ceng.jpg
Old 2010-05-10, 22:47   Link #346
Wing Zero Alpha

For some reason, this teacher reminds me of Yumiko Readman from Read or Die, only with shorter hair. Overall she's an interesting addition to the current life story of the Shallon family, though I wonder if she will come to realize just who the "Shallons" really are later. I also loved the shot of the agitated Kallen; you once more brought out her "protective" expression to the best detail. She really looked like she was about to rip Modesty (interesting name) a few new ones if she said the wrong word. Break the breadstick, lol.

Beyond that, though I did get a laugh out of it, I don't think Charles would have been bothered about Britannia's change from a full Empire. If anything I think he would have been happy to see the peaceful world Lelouch and Nunnally were able to make; even though Ragnarok failed, the result Charles' wanted was still achieved. Not sure how he would take Lelouch marrying Kallen, though I'd like to think he would be content that his son was able to find a new life for himself.
Old 2010-05-11, 04:56   Link #347
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

I know, but in the anime, for Charles, Lelouch was just "trash", a little test animal to use for commodity.
Then, if the "trash" defeat you, kill you and ruin everything you did....oh well, to be happy isn't very easy.

About the fact people don't recognize them....

Kallen's face was knew just in the britannian army fought in Japan, no the other garrisons in the world, then the civilian people in Britannia don't know her.
For Lelouch, he started to have serious contact with other people when he was 24 years old, then more years are passed, he changed physically, the long hairs and the scars in the face did the rest.

Last edited by Bonzo; 2010-05-11 at 05:49.
Old 2010-05-11, 11:49   Link #348
Lord Jeremiah
Orange-kun

I just noticed the mini story and I'm guessing there's probably more scattered around the 18 pages.
Could you not just edit the first post to show links to the all the chapters..
Old 2010-05-11, 11:55   Link #349
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Jeremiah View Post
I just noticed the mini story and I'm guessing there's probably more scattered around the 18 pages.
Could you not just edit the first post to show links to the all the chapters..
In fact, there're more.
Old 2010-05-11, 12:09   Link #350
Lord Jeremiah
Orange-kun

Well, if you're not going to put the links in the first post could you post them here or pm me them?
Old 2010-05-11, 14:28   Link #352
Lord Jeremiah
Orange-kun

Just read through those, they're really good ^^
I only had one question, why Nicholas?
The other two were named after people and I don't remember a character called Nicholas and they didn't explain why they chose the name...
Old 2010-05-11, 16:51   Link #353
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

It's simple, Kallen wanted another girl to give her the name Elizabeth, like homage to C.C.

But the third was a male, then Nicholas is just generic name, Kallen will not have peace until she will not have another female.

Elizabeth will born in 2030, next appendix.
Old 2010-05-11, 20:50   Link #354
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
I know, but in the anime, for Charles, Lelouch was just "trash", a little test animal to use for commodity.
Then, if the "trash" defeat you, kill you and ruin everything you did....oh well, to be happy isn't very easy.
Actually in the anime Charles did genuinely care about both Lelouch and Nunally. He explained during Ragnarok that he sent them both to Japan because he was afraid that keeping them near him would make V.V. try to kill them just as he tried to do with Marianne.

The whole scene where he disregards Marianne's "murder" in flashbacks, was merely him acting like he didn't care about his children so that V.V. and other nobles wouldn't think that they were loved ones who could be used against Charles. It is somewhat similar to what Lelouch does with Kallen in Turns 19 and 22.

Similarly, Charles did not approve of the Britannian system, as his discussions with Bismarck, marriage to Marianne (a commoner), and the very nature of Ragnarok demonstrated.

This isn't to say Charles would have to be accepting of everything that happened after Ragnarok was thwarted in that he may earnestly believe that Ragnarok was the only true solution to world peace, and that Lelouch and Nunally's actions are merely delaying the inevitable.

Having said this, I find myself actually interested in the idea of a scene with Lelouch and possibly Kallen sharing a dream where they meet Charles' ghost and some measure of reconciliation occurs.

As for names, I would have thought Nicholas would be named Rolo, given that Lelouch genuinely accepted the original Rolo as a brother in the end.

On the comic itself I'll mostly parrot WZA: awesome as always, Nicholas was adorable, and I also enjoyed Kallen almost going into "Momma Bear" mode.
Old 2010-05-12, 03:19   Link #355
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Lelouch will never call Rolo a child, Rolo saved his life at last, but he killed Shirley.

Then...
Old 2010-05-12, 20:00   Link #356
Betteroffer

Yeah, I felt like the whole "forgiving Rolo" thing was a colossal slap in the face as well, but in the anime at least, Lelouch did acknowledge Rolo as his brother in the end and this is only further emphasized in that weird dream(?) Picture Drama with Nunally saying that they would have gotten along well.

I'm no culture expert, but I guess the Japanese put much more emphasis on the idea that a person sacrificing their life for something can absolve themselves of nearly any crimes they committed.

Still, it's your story and if you want to illustrate Rolo agonizing in the afterlife over Kallen stealing "his" ni-san, then I certainly won't stop you
Old 2010-05-13, 05:07   Link #357
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Well, I always considered that "sacrifical spirit" a very annoyed japan tradition, there're some example in the real life too, but...that's a japan "honor code", Lelouch, Rolo etc...are west people, they think like japanese because the anime writers are japanese.

The last picture drama in my opinion is a half idiocy, all the character "dreamed" that situation at ashford thanks to C.C, just to understand each other and what Lelouch and the other did for them.
But in this way, everybody know the truth about what Lelouch did, a secret nobody had to know, but not a word about more other truth.
In fact, at last that "adventure" result was good for two people, but negative for other two.

Like the fact to remember a person for the good things he/she did ,after his/her death, is a common tradition, also the dead person was the worst asshole in the world.
Old 2010-05-15, 17:27   Link #358
Mazryonh

Hey Bonzo,

Your latest short story was a nice way to introduce a new character (and a new friend for Lelouch's children). I wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be an agent of your new OVA's antagonist(s), though, and tried to hold the children hostage during some crucial moment, or if she was sent by those same antagonists to confirm "Adam's" and "Karen's" identities through DNA analysis or the like, such as by stealing hairs from a hairbrush or blood from a handkerchief/tissue paper.

And yes, the old Japanese emphasis on "suicide as sacrifice" to absolve one's crimes is pretty silly, since it's even prescribed for something like "insulting your lord" or "failing him in whatever way he says." The "speak naught but good of the dead" is also silly as well, since it can blind us to how the person really was in life.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 23:49   Link #359
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Well, I always considered that "sacrifical spirit" a very annoyed japan tradition, there're some example in the real life too, but...that's a japan "honor code", Lelouch, Rolo etc...are west people, they think like japanese because the anime writers are japanese.

The last picture drama in my opinion is a half idiocy, all the character "dreamed" that situation at ashford thanks to C.C, just to understand each other and what Lelouch and the other did for them.
But in this way, everybody know the truth about what Lelouch did, a secret nobody had to know, but not a word about more other truth.
In fact, at last that "adventure" result was good for two people, but negative for other two.

Like the fact to remember a person for the good things he/she did ,after his/her death, is a common tradition, also the dead person was the worst asshole in the world.
Heh, yeah I share your sentiments on pretty much all of that. All I can say is that we can only hope WZA makes Schneizel do a similar "heroic sacrifice" in Megiddo which results in all the survivng Japanese standing around his grave talking about how he was the greatest man in the history of the world, all while fully knowing what he did to their country (don't worry WZA, I am kidding I assure you).

Also, I saw the images of Kallen and Lelouch you did for Megiddo. Good work as always on both of them. Something about Lelouch's expression is just really interesting, and you got his overall physical build in a way that seems to both imply his better build in the story, but also keeps him nicely familiar.
Old 2010-05-16, 00:29   Link #360
Wing Zero Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Heh, yeah I share your sentiments on pretty much all of that. All I can say is that we can only hope WZA makes Schneizel do a similar "heroic sacrifice" in Megiddo which results in all the survivng Japanese standing around his grave talking about how he was the greatest man in the history of the world, all while fully knowing what he did to their country (don't worry WZA, I am kidding I assure you).
If the Japanese were like that in CG then they'd hold Euphie with much higher regard instead of calling her the Massacre Princess. And as for Rolo, it seems not just the Japanese fans have forgiven him; many Americans and other foreign fans have done the same, with the most common excuse being how people forgave Lelouch for killing Euphie. Yeah, just ignore the fact Lelouch did it to stop the massacre and he regretted it afterwards, whereas Rolo killed Shirley out of selfishness and compared murders such as her to brushing his teeth.

And as for Schneizel, I won't spoil anything, but after the Devastation and onward, I doubt anyone will think highly of him (or the rest of the current Britannian rulership for that matter) when he's gone.