AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-05-24, 11:31   Link #1881
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
I don't know about Kare Kano, but there were at least one song from K-On!, "Tsubasa wo Kudasai" near the end of the movie. I thought the music fit the situation quite well, but the fact that was it was not an original piece was a bit of a let down. And I the fact that I already listened to that song about a thousand times doesn't help either...
Actually, Tsubasa wo Kudasai isn't originally an anime-song at all. It's a Japanese pop-song from the 70s.
Old 2010-05-24, 13:30   Link #1882
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
I don't know about Kare Kano, but there were at least one song from K-On!, "Tsubasa wo Kudasai" near the end of the movie. I thought the music fit the situation quite well, but the fact that was it was not an original piece was a bit of a let down. And I the fact that I already listened to that song about a thousand times doesn't help either...
It's a pretty old song, actually...folk song from the '70s, if I'm not mistaken...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVH2AfWLjQQ
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 20:05   Link #1883
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Ahh I see. I had no idea, haha. Thanks for the information. I just assumed that every song from K-On! was an original piece..
Old 2010-05-24, 21:15   Link #1884
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
My japanese friend told me that most of the Kare Kano tracks are not original ones but "kids" music which has been remixed. Anyway I love the whole OST
OrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 10:27   Link #1885
Ashlotte
Clockwork

What was the point of Mari again...?

Meh shoulda just gave her screen time to Asuka and been the better for it...

Ah well other then feeling like a rush-job due to time restraints was more or less enjoyable eh.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 10:38   Link #1886
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Well . . . . . . . that was a fun time.

Also, what?

And now to wait for the next one.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 11:21   Link #1887
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Personally I felt that this movie is simply amazing...epic epic epic epic! They've changed so much from the original yet it still manages to keep the general feel of the original, yet it feels completely fresh and I don't think there is anything wrong with the pacing if you are already familiar with the original. This simply improves on the original story in a different scenario and I think it is nothing short of genius and is pure entertainment. There personalities of the characters have also changed but for the better I'd say. Yet it isn't void of any emotional depth either. Simply loved it!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 14:01   Link #1888
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
it was okay overall, i guess. the deviation from the original somewhat compensates for the rushed plot, flat characters and some stupid phrases.
the 2nd hour was awesome, i was on edge for the rest of the movie. too bad the first hour was boring as hell.
didnt like the new character designs, the faces were kinda long and thin. nothing bad to say about battle scenes, they were pure win. backgrounds were well done. but the whole animation style felt "cold", but this is probably just me.
i liked the voices from the original too much, so every 3 min i would cringe at how childish misato sounded and how shinji had a girls voice.
i might even rewatch this...
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 14:14   Link #1889
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
i liked the voices from the original too much, so every 3 min i would cringe at how childish misato sounded and how shinji had a girls voice.
...Uh, what now? Both Misato and Shinji have the exact same voices that they had in the TV-series...
Old 2010-05-25, 14:18   Link #1890
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
really??? i will check that and get back to you. my memory is fucking with me or i'm getting too old for anime and its high voices, lol.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 14:22   Link #1891
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
really???
Yeah really, the entire cast are still the same (even the Seele members). And yes Shinji was always voiced by a female seiyuu.

Anyway when will the third movie be out in Japan? I could have sworn the release date is this summer but now that I check wiki/ANN I couldn't find a date. Has the third movie been delayed?
Old 2010-05-25, 14:58   Link #1892
bran
h e a d s h o t

As a true fan of the original eva i didin't really like the movie so much. The entire cast felt so out of character... somehow shallow and happy compared to the original.
Mari was a total fanservice character...i didn't like her at all.
Spoiler for stuff:

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 15:54   Link #1893
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
As a true fan of the original eva i didin't really like the movie so much. The entire cast felt so out of character... somehow shallow and happy compared to the original.
Well the Rebuild films aren't supposed to be a complete copy of the tv series, so it's expected to see such changes.

If you can just treat the films as a their own story (which they are), then i don't think you'd end up having the problems you are experiencing.
Old 2010-05-25, 16:00   Link #1894
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Mari was a total fanservice character...i didn't like her at all.
Spoiler for stuff:
Pretty much...The tweaking of everyones personalities defiantly took a bite out of what made Eva unique...I guess it brings it more in-line with contemporary mainstream anime with Asuka playing a more straight tsundere, Moe Rei, and Shinji getting power-ups, but it still feels pretty shallow and vapid.

Ah well I guess you just take it for what it is...A more modern quick and dirty re-telling of the old story...With the short amount of time they have compared to the TV series it was never gonna top it for emotional depth to begin with so this approach is fine for me as something different.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 16:24   Link #1895
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post

Ah well I guess you just take it for what it is...A more modern quick and dirty re-telling of the old story...With the short amount of time they have compared to the TV series it was never gonna top it for emotional depth to begin with so this approach is fine for me as something different.
Don't think so, they basically have as much time to develop the plot like on TV series, considering more than half part on TV series feels like filler anyway.
Old 2010-05-25, 16:51   Link #1896
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
contemporary mainstream anime with Asuka playing a more straight tsundere, Moe Rei, and Shinji getting power-ups, but it still feels pretty shallow and vapid
Exactly how i feel but didin't know how to express myself in english.
But at least i enjoyed the improved Angels (both in this and the first movie).

Old 2010-05-25, 17:16   Link #1897
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Exactly how i feel but didin't know how to express myself in english.
But at least i enjoyed the improved Angels (both in this and the first movie).
Well honestly the point you make now is what I imagine and want in the past if the TV series have a Remake like we have now.

What if Shinji not act like on TV series ? What if the entire series became more stereotypical ?
Will that make this title looked better and have the same feel ?
I guess Anno take that as challenge, and launch this project.

Not many title have this kind of treatment like this title have... And have alternate version for title that have great storyline concept like this one is always nice for me, unless they make 3rd remake project and so on in the future
Old 2010-05-25, 17:34   Link #1898
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
What if the entire series became more stereotypical ?
Will that make this title looked better and have the same feel ?
If that was true Eva won't have even 1/10 of it's popularity and it would be long forgotten because it would lose the main thing that made it stand out from other mechas and other anime in general.
What becomes popular is something that is unique in some way, not something stereotypical.

Old 2010-05-25, 23:35   Link #1899
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

I much prefer this version of the story so far.

The original felt like it was trying too hard for emotionally complexity and went too extreme.

Also felt like it lacked direction. I respect what it did for anime, but on the whole I didn't enjoy it at all.
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 23:39   Link #1900
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So, ultimately... to each their own.

I haven't watched any of it yet, but I do like what I've heard about it. Need to check it out sometime.

Tags
movie, remake