AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-13, 08:29   Link #101
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I did (really, I was genuinely from-a-boys-school-all-life dense, and I didn't get a harem in high school. I did snare the tsundere however...

*is beaten to pulp and dragged away*
Old 2011-03-13, 13:54   Link #102
Dahak86
Classics never age

oh, Houki-tron sounds nice, very nice. much better than say, Laura-tron...

conclusion: no Laura for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
One thing I noticed is that he usually goes "eh" or "Hm?" when something occurs with the girls around him. Speaking of which, has anyone ever tried that in real life? Act dense like Ichi around girls ok nevermind you didn't hear it from me...
I wouldn't really try that in real life... Something tells me that it won't end up like Ichika...
Old 2011-03-14, 06:26   Link #103
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
oh, Houki-tron sounds nice, very nice. much better than say, Laura-tron...

There is a reason why we are Laura and Meister Bodewig!! :3
Old 2011-03-30, 08:54   Link #104
cyberdemon

you know, it;'s funny, for all the complaints about Ichika:

he's ranked #9
Old 2011-03-30, 09:31   Link #105
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

My only complaint against Ichi is that.... why does my Houki-chan have him on her mind? I plot endlessly for his demise, and hope that he stays asleep for the rest of the series. Imagine if the girls take care of Silverio by themselves, 501st Fighter Squadron style

On a side note, I'm more surprised to see Kira on that list at 5. Guess the Lulu aint so popular after all hehehe...
Old 2011-03-30, 11:46   Link #106
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Well his talks about self-righteous and his harem probably was what scored points.

Though I'm guessing this was before epiosde 11? I mean no one really came down hard until that one.
Old 2011-03-30, 12:54   Link #107
eiyuu99

The chart is before Episode 8 (Feb 24).
Old 2011-03-30, 13:24   Link #108
Enternal

Quote:
My only complaint against Ichi is that.... why does my Houki-chan have him on her mind? I plot endlessly for his demise, and hope that he stays asleep for the rest of the series. Imagine if the girls take care of Silverio by themselves, 501st Fighter Squadron style

On a side note, I'm more surprised to see Kira on that list at 5. Guess the Lulu aint so popular after all hehehe...
What? Ichika is still coool!! Except for Episode 11 which was a fail.... Oh well I still think he's awesome. Kira well... I think that's why people call him Jesus Yamato? Even years after the series end, he's still there.

And naw, it wasn't self-righteous. That would be Touma (I don't hate him actually). He was just thinking that's not how Houki truly is and is getting her back to her true self. The good thing so since now we get an improved Houki and a pretty nice scene with spunky Rin.

Kind of sad though since there won't be enough episodes to develop Cecilia and Rin now either since those two are the ones who are left in the background.

Either way at least we get more Houki! I was always wondering but it would be interesting to see what her height really is since she's so tall (or perhaps she's relatively tall compared to the others).
Old 2011-03-30, 13:59   Link #109
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

Keep your Houki, the majority of us wants Ichika with Charlotte.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-03-31, 02:27   Link #110
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I must say, more than half of the top 10 men fly mecha.

Oh wait, how many men are there in the recent anime seasons, anyway? I think that explains why Ichika made it.
Old 2011-03-31, 08:37   Link #111
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
What? Ichika is still coool!! Except for Episode 11 which was a fail.... Oh well I still think he's awesome. Kira well... I think that's why people call him Jesus Yamato? Even years after the series end, he's still there.
I was just joking I don't have a problem with the Ichi. It's just that DAMNIT HE MADE HOUKI CRY I WOULDN'T I WOULD NEVER DARE MAKE HER CRY WAAAH MY DEAR HOUKI, COME, CRY UPON MY MANLY SHOULDER, AS I CONSOLE YOU, STROKING MY HANDS THROUGH YOUR LUSH, ANGELIC HAIR, AS YOUR TEARS DRENCH MY CLOTHING, MY OTHER HAND FONDLES YOUR SOFT, PLUMP BOSOM AS I WHISPER SOOTHING, GENTLE WORDS INTO YOUR CUTE EARS I mean... no problem with me

Quote:
Kind of sad though since there won't be enough episodes to develop Cecilia and Rin now either since those two are the ones who are left in the background.

Either way at least we get more Houki! I was always wondering but it would be interesting to see what her height really is since she's so tall (or perhaps she's relatively tall compared to the others).
Yeah, it's too bad Cecy-chan and Rinny were relegated to the background. Was nice surprising to see Rinny slap Houki

Also, I do believe she is the tallest of the 5 girls. Could stand there beside Tabane and Chifuyu-nee

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Keep your Houki, the majority of us wants Ichika with Charlotte.
Hmm? You are strange one. Why do you wish some other guy to take the girl you like? Do you not want to be all cuddly wuddly with Shirley?

Oh wait, it's just me. I'm one of those few here who wants his waifu's for himself or rather I'm with the Ichi x Houki shipping company.
Old 2011-04-18, 16:36   Link #112
Kyuu
=^^=

Why... why... why must this guy be a moronic prodigy?
Old 2011-04-18, 19:06   Link #113
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Why... why... why must this guy be a moronic prodigy?

I want to be a little serious here, though. Did anyone give a little thought to maybe, just maybe, growing up without a parent would make things a little more complicated to his growing up years? For that matter, how many male protags out there did we see either living alone, or had a parent leave/die when they were younger? Maybe the big message that anime has been showing us is that "grow up without parent's, and you'll be a dense/average high school student"

Or I would blame Chifuyu-nee for not paying him any attention during his younger years. But I don't want to blame her, I like her It's unfortunate, but I guess it's true: just how often does one see the parental affect on the male protags? I'd like to draw to attention Ore no Imouto, and that mean look on the Kousaka daddy's face. Maybe that's where the protag got his scowl from or how about To Love Ru, and the mangaka dad and the traveling mom, with the dad's head screwed on a little differently and the mom largely non-existant, maybe that's why Rito can't decide about his harem

Really though, most of the time, the male protag lived alone for a big chunk of his life, and H-manga manga like to point this out with the female childhood friend usually commenting about how messy the protag lives
Old 2011-04-18, 22:42   Link #114
Ypocaramel

I don't know. No parental abandonment here, but I was still pretty dense at that age
Old 2011-04-19, 03:38   Link #115
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
I don't know. No parental abandonment here, but I was still pretty dense at that age
I'll just put it under a spoiler tag to save space.

Spoiler for serious, not so serious:
Old 2011-04-19, 06:55   Link #116
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I'll just put it under a spoiler tag to save space.
Hm. You know how I like hate to do walls of text? Well well, surprise surprise, I'm going to make this short and sweet

We're talking about the guy who threw out an important book that his beloved sis gave to him

We're also talking about the guy who got lost [on his way to entrance exams]. Although it's speculated by dear sister that he was being pulled/guided by a magnet

Wait, why are we slamming the poor guy it's obvious he's got a little something loose somewhere, no need to... hmm, I thought of something,... interesting. Since I seem to remember every cringing thing about this series, maybe I should make a punching bag of a blog post listing all of his shortcomings. Hmm....

But there's something the crafty bloke has over any of us:

A HAREM!
Old 2011-04-19, 11:21   Link #117
kramerica

To me one of his advantages is being able to react in battle (save that ep11 stuff). Like, he's able to fight Cecilia and Rin without much IS training and pick up on moves he learned from his sister pretty well.

I think his denseness to girls stems from the fact that most of them go instant dere-dere to him at some point. When Ran meets him, so goes from rash to demure in an instant :P Cecilia/Laura did the same thing. He must be thinking "Oh well I guess that's the norm." Only Houki and Chifuyu put up a good "tsun" front.

Nanael is not amused.
Old 2011-06-12, 21:12   Link #118
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

As I mentioned in another thread: Ichika's density is probably reaching Black Hole Gravitic proportions: EG girls are drawn into his gravity well and can't escape.
Old 2011-06-13, 06:02   Link #119
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
As I mentioned in another thread: Ichika's density is probably reaching Black Hole Gravitic proportions: EG girls are drawn into his gravity well and can't escape.
it's too late to save them, they've already crossed the event horizon
Old 2011-06-24, 22:32   Link #120
Fandal

I think most of you guys are being way too hard on Ichika. What he really want's in the academy is a friend. No, not a romantic friend but a normal friend he can hang out with and chat about stuff without worrying too much about the future. Just stuff for the here and now.

The problem is, nobody in the academy wants to be just his friend or just plain old buddy. They ALL want something more from him. Who's he suppose to call if he just wants someone to play video games with?

His old video game buddy doesn't go to this school.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters