Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-09, 17:37   Link #881
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Like in the Onegai Sensei OVA/bonus episode
And that's why I don't remember H in Onegai Sensei/Twins because I didn't watch OVA's. I tend to believe that OVA's are worthless stories with no value whatsoever for the whole picture. Mostly its about beach episode or some other retarded play around event which have no tie whatsoever to the main story, besides the characters being there.
Old 2012-03-10, 04:36   Link #882
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz

Spoiler for Newtype scan:

Last edited by Ravenblitz; 2012-03-10 at 06:30. Reason: +1 newtype
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 06:10   Link #883
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

looks like we're near at the end of love paradox between the filming club...
let's see if Mio can get Tetsurou at the end....

Remon is still the best part.... ;___; (ask me for date, please....)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 07:51   Link #884
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Fuckin Kaito..wtf are you gonna do with a stick? rofl

edit: holy mother, ep9.

Last edited by blakstealth; 2012-03-11 at 07:43.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 18:58   Link #885
Rei.K

Now this is how it's done. This show really got the pacing and character development right, so far there were only a few drags here and there, but no real slowdowns. It also helps that almost every character is actually likable... there really isn't one I don't feel like rooting for.
That was such a sad episode for Kanna, though. I really salute the VAs, especially during the "confrontation" between Kanna and Ichika. They really nailed it.

Spoiler:

Man, I feel so bad for Kanna.

Last edited by Rei.K; 2012-03-11 at 20:11.
Rei.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 10:25   Link #886
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Yep, I gotta agree with you folks, even I felt bad for Kanna. But, it's too bad there was bad luck involved, Kanna's love for Kaito was obvious to others, but not to the parties involved, thus making the object of her affection oblivious to her feelings. But I give big kudo's for Kanna, she shoved it right where she needed to, and from that we got... a nice kissy kissy scene

Though now that has happened, I wonder how do you end this story to top the kisses. I hope at least one of Mizuho's sister's comes over, this isn't a sci-fi series if there is only 1 alien
g
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
WHoa, I haven't seen that before. HOT PANTS
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 13:02   Link #887
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
WHoa, I haven't seen that before. HOT PANTS
pants Look at what is in front of you

By the way, who drew it? It doesn't look like a magazine scan... pixiv link
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 14:37   Link #888
leokiko

Spoiler for episode 11 preview:
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 16:23   Link #889
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Spoiler for episode 11 preview:
That reminds me: how many brothers and sisters did Ichika say she has? She mentioned it in ep5 I think, but I forgot the exact numbers.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 18:00   Link #890
Rei.K

Cool episode. Feeling bad for Tetsuro. About time he manned up and confessed, though. I'm curious on how the whole thing is going to wrap up. At this point it seems unlikely a happy end would be possible for some of the characters.
Am I the only one feeling bad seeing Kaito and Ichika getting all happy touchy while the other 3 are hurting so bad ? Love triangles are a scary thing...
Rei.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 18:18   Link #891
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
If this is the last episode of the show, where it stops after the ending of this episode with nothing more, I'll be perfectly happy with it. Sure, that would mean it won't address the plot thread of Ichika's search and her alien dilemma, but to be perfectly honest I don't really care much about it. Not that it's bad or anything, but the Ichika-Kaito couple interests me less than the Kanna-Tetsuro-Mio triangle, which is really when I'm invested in the show the most.

And to that end, I think the show gave a really good conclusion for the trio. Oh sure, there's nothing conclusive to the triangle, at least in the relationship end, but that doesn't matter to me. What does matter is that at the end of this episode, through all the painful tears and bitter feelings, they are finally able to be honest about their feelings with each other and themselves. It's not really a happy ending by any means, but they're much more free now.

As such, compared to how they are in episode 1, they have really grown as a person. Like what Mio said, love can change you as a person, it can make you stronger, even if there's no guarantee that means it will treat you nicely. But yeah, I think their story is already properly told, I don't really care about the relationship end of who should and would end up with who. To quote the cliche: "It's the journey and not the destination that matters", and this particular journey is filled with well-done character development that makes for a very great watch.

But in the real world Ichika's sister does turn up in the very end, thus guaranteeing the space issue to be brought up again (also killing the Ichika is Mizuho's little sister theory, it seems). I don't really mind it, and seeing there's only two episodes left I'm going to watch it anyway to finish up, but this episode really has gave a great ending for me already.
Old 2012-03-12, 19:51   Link #892
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

So Mio cooks in the nude too? At least she has an apron, but I hope she doesn't do any pan frying in the nude.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 20:04   Link #893
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
So Mio cooks in the nude too? At least she has an apron, but I hope she doesn't do any pan frying in the nude.
Was she cooking in the nude? I wasn't paying attention. But if she was, then pan frying or whatever is already trivial matter.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 20:27   Link #894
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Now I'm at a loss how to classify Kanna/Testurou in regards to Mio. They all went to the same elementary and knew about the existence but didn't "know" each other. Kinda like Bakuman where Azuki had an idea about the existence of the protagonist way before middle school.... hate borderline cases like these.

Regardless of her actual status, Mio does "out-osananajimi" Kanna with her actions (reminds me of Toradora where main couple is not childhood friends but they exhibit tons of their usual characteristics, but I digress). That last scene with Testurou was so d'aww worthy... I think I prefer Mio over Kanna at this point with that cute moment.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 21:24   Link #895
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I hope at least one of Mizuho's sister's comes over, this isn't a sci-fi series if there is only 1 alien
Okay, that was fast.... I mean I knew, she just had to come by now, they pretty much forebode it. I like her bodysuit

But man Kanna can cry. How many days was that, all night and all day. I guess the last thing she had to do was nail it on Kaito's head, good to see she finally got the courage to say it.

But I guess that's how you do it, give Tetsu his moment in this ep, and he finally exposed his plan. Yeah, all this is his fault. His fault Kanna cried, his fault Rinon got butt smashed, his fault Mio cut her beautiful hair, his fault Ichika's secret identity got exposed, his fault the movie was being made, his fault Lemon got involved..... aha, you wrote this story, Tetsu! Thanks bud, I love this show, if it weren't for you, none of that would have happened

lol Kaito kissed Rinon. Was that Rinon's first? Ah, a human and alien hooking up, how could that ever happen....

And how about that Lemon, eh? Actually slipped that thing to Kaito. The million dollar question: will he use it, or will he not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
pants Look at what is in front of you
Ah, the swimsuit eh.... looks like a swimsuit. Triangle top, stripes, ah a nice combo....

Oh, you mean the glasses? Yep, gotta love the glasses girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That reminds me: how many brothers and sisters did Ichika say she has? She mentioned it in ep5 I think, but I forgot the exact numbers.
I recall she mentioned 2 sisters, no mention of parents whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
No bra confirms it, guess she can only change that habit once she marries Tetsurou and have him move in
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 21:31   Link #896
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I'm liking the triangle more and more, even though their depicted level of maturity and their idealistic dealing with their feelings is hardly realistic for people at their age but I don't mind that at all since it's not presented over-cliched or cheesy.

Right now, excluding possible development in the last 2 eps, I think both the couple and the triangle are on equal terms of importance regarding the show, which is why I wouldn't call the former the "main" couple anymore. Both relationships are integral to the story and not just seperated into main and side as it often is the case and I enjoy both for what they deliver.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 21:34   Link #897
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Why can't Kaito call Ichika anything other than Senpai now? Kinda awkward...
exs120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 21:58   Link #898
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I knew it, this show need a female relative of the heroine
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 22:14   Link #899
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

What a great ep. So everyone has their feelings out in the open now. Lol how Ichika's sister came and was so happy that she was alive.
Old 2012-03-12, 23:03   Link #900
monir
cho~ kakkoii

How many times have we seen this theme of coming in terms with ones feeling so there are no more regrets? Episode 9 and 10 gives it a much defined structure that is very rarely seen in any medium let alone anime. These last two episodes blows out all shows in terms of an engaging story (aside for Chihayafuru) from this season as far as myself is concerned.

I am content!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen