Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-11, 11:12   Link #1201
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Chaos. As in versus order.
Oh yeah I understand what you're saying. But what I'm saying is, the world doesn't -need- Vaatu to have chaos. There's already plenty of chaos as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Vaatu is not violence, nor is it evil. It is darkness and chaos. And, much the same as the Koi fish in season one of Last Airbender, these spirits represent an intrinsic aspect of reality that goes beyond mere mortals (it was the battle of these two spirits that represented the cycle of ages). This breach in the intrinsic foundation of reality could very well be why humanity in the Avatarverse is still violent (if the series wishes to go along that route), or it could be because Vaatu was never actually defeated that violence still exists. Etc. Whatever the case may be, the current system (the Avatar) is very much an ad hoc solution to a mistake made 10,000 years ago. This current battle is ultimately about whether the new solution is better for the world or not.

That being said, even if violence does exist outside of the balance or lack of balance between these two spirits, that doesn't mean Unalaq couldn't have still arrived at the false conclusion that restoring balance, even if harmful in the short term, wouldn't be beneficial in the long term.
Can't really argue against the bolded part.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 01:16   Link #1202
takai
Easy Muffin

Ooooooookkkkk.... Wow. A lot to talk about.

Spoiler for Finale Spoilers and Final Thoughts:

It seems that all hope lies in season 3 for the disappointments that happened in the finale. My initial score of the season as a whole is 8.3 out of 10. To be honest, I didn't really feel the same magic I got from season one. However, this season provided a very different and fresh experience compared to season one, which is a big plus. I'm just interested to see what the future has in store. Things are very very different now.

Now I must rush to Amazon to pre-order the blurays!
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 01:33   Link #1203
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 07:46   Link #1204
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This show...

Spoiler for Finale:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 10:42   Link #1205
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I think this season had a better ending than season 1. It didn't feel that rush or Deus Ex/asspull.

I just don't know about romance in this series. The whole five second amnesia was a cheap excuse for drama. And the relationship ended because of that simple two minute argument from ep 6?

Also, why were the twins afraid of their father turning into a evil monster if he was always one? Unalaq was sadly the worst villain I've seen in the seroes. He had no redeeming qualities and didn't even try to hide them. He didn't even care about the time when his son was wounded. One positive trait is that he at least stomped on the hero a lot which gave a really dark atmosphere.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 11:06   Link #1206
blackwhite67
Banned

I may have just missed it since I skipped around, but can someone tell me WTF happened to Varrick after he escaped during Vatu's attack?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 11:36   Link #1207
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Spoiler for Season finale.:
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-11-16 at 13:39.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 12:53   Link #1208
Kumagawa

Well only on the first of the final 4 episodes but finally after being useless all season Bolin gets his crowning moment of awesome in an epic way.

Finished them!

Okay, better overall ending than the first season with some stand out comedy especially when poor Mako has to deal with Korra after she tells him that she lost her memories and in front of everyone too! talk about between a rock and a hard place.

Bolin and Eska awesome as always and Zhao! returns the poor bastard.

Still too many deus ex machine but every enemy in this series is dealt with that way so not that surprising.

Last edited by Kumagawa; 2013-11-16 at 14:28.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 15:32   Link #1209
ginger02

Did I miss the finale? I saw the one on the 15th on friday.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 15:37   Link #1210
~BC~

The last two episodes were released online around midnight. They'll air on TV as scheduled next week.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 16:15   Link #1211
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
Did I miss the finale? I saw the one on the 15th on friday.
You can find the very last 2 episodes of the series at nick.com
Old 2013-11-16, 16:50   Link #1212
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Spoiler for Season finale.:
I'm hoping that in due time Korra's connection with the past avatars will be restored. When Aang was nearly killed in the the avatar state by lightening, it took a few weeks to restore the connection to the past avatars. If not, then I suppose I'll just have to DEAL WITH IT.

Btw how did Aang reach Tenzin in the spirit prison? Still confused about that part...

Genora's spirit powers need an explanation as well. Hopefully its explained in book 3.
Old 2013-11-16, 16:58   Link #1213
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Btw how did Aang reach Tenzin in the spirit prison? Still confused about that part...
That wasn't Aang, but a mental image of him from Tenzin's mind. I'm guessing the fog shows your worst nightmares and forces you to face them, which sounds like Persona 4. In fact, the fog reminds me of Silent Hill in a fashion.

Also, any ideas what the next season/book could be called?

Last edited by ellifeedn; 2013-11-16 at 17:19.
Old 2013-11-16, 17:22   Link #1214
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
So did this series actually get better? I stopped after the twins fought Korra on the sea and she ended up getting amnesia at the end. There was too much stupidity by everyone except Mako to continue watching it on a weekly basis =01.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 18:08   Link #1215
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
So did this series actually get better? I stopped after the twins fought Korra on the sea and she ended up getting amnesia at the end. There was too much stupidity by everyone except Mako to continue watching it on a weekly basis =01.
The season got fantastic when you stopped.
Old 2013-11-16, 18:38   Link #1216
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
The season got fantastic when you stopped.
Well then, if you put it like that, guess I'll give it another shot. Thanks =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 19:06   Link #1217
monster

I'm a little saddened about the broken link, but other than that, it's been a very enjoyable series.

But anyway, isn't the avatar cycle based on the idea of reincarnation? So technically, Korra is still one with all of her previous lives, even if she no longer has as direct a connection to them as before. It's still a possibility that she may regain that connection.

On the other hand, I think I'm fine with this reset as well.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 19:17   Link #1218
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I'm a little saddened about the broken link, but other than that, it's been a very enjoyable series.

But anyway, isn't the avatar cycle based on the idea of reincarnation? So technically, Korra is still one with all of her previous lives, even if she no longer has as direct a connection to them as before. It's still a possibility that she may regain that connection.

On the other hand, I think I'm fine with this reset as well.
I think this reset helped to develop Korra. Across the two seasons the reason why she acted so rushed and cocky was because of her pressure of being the Avatar and having to do something to prove her usefulness. It's quite different from Aang who wanted redemption. Although I think Unalaq was a bad villain, he nailed it in destroying everything Korra stood for which made her fight using her own strength. At least, that's the way I see it. I'm not that good making analysis.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 19:24   Link #1219
Awrya
U mad?

One thing that was left unanswered is why the avatar is reborn into a different nation?
Ratha and thus the avatar being reborn makes sense, but how did they influence which nation they're reborn in? Did Ratha decide this to spread peace and balance to all nations equally?
Old 2013-11-16, 19:34   Link #1220
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I think this reset helped to develop Korra. Across the two seasons the reason why she acted so rushed and cocky was because of her pressure of being the Avatar and having to do something to prove her usefulness. It's quite different from Aang who wanted redemption. Although I think Unalaq was a bad villain, he nailed it in destroying everything Korra stood for which made her fight using her own strength. At least, that's the way I see it. I'm not that good making analysis.
I agree with that. Although I think having Korra regain the link when she rejoined with Raava wouldn't have undone her development.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avatar the last airbender, korra