AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-04-02, 22:49   Link #341
4Tran

I'm going to nix that idea. Gundam 00 doesn't really do much with romance to begin with, so it doesn't really need a second romance thread. The idea behind adding a poll to such threads is more or less to just get the discussion going. Since that part's already accomplished, that should be that.
Old 2009-04-03, 17:23   Link #342
Ezhno

Hi I wasn't really sure how to go about this so sorry if I'm doing something wrong but myself and some others have been working hard to put together an event for the Gundam 30th Anniversary and the one thing we need most right now is for people to know it exists!

We've got a lot of contests and games up and we do offer real prizes to the winners of each event. In fact we offer HG and MG kits of choice from our list!

I don't want this to be misconstrued as spam or anything like that, this is completely a fan created, funded, and run event. I just wanted to share the 30th anniversary with as many Gundam fans as possible, and this certainly seemed like a good place to do it. I sent in a contact form but didn't get a reply back, so again if I'm doing something incorrectly here I apologize. I'm sure if you feel it's inappropriate you can easily delete this post.

Last edited by 4Tran; 2009-04-03 at 18:57. Reason: Removed link.
Ezhno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 19:01   Link #343
4Tran

There's a rule against advertising in this forum, so I removed your link. However, I've checked the site, and it seems okay, so if you want to, you can still share your site as follows:
Quote:
3.2 Limited Advertising Permitted

Signatures are excluded from the advertising restrictions found in the Posting Rules; provided the site, product, service or event being advertised and the content of the advertisement complies with the rest of The Rules. If you are not sure please ask a member of staff.
Please note that the signature will still have to follow the regular rules regarding signature sizes and so forth. And just as a suggestion, if you have any questions on whether something may be posted, it's better to ask them using PM than in the forum.
Old 2009-04-03, 19:31   Link #344
Ezhno

Ok, thanks.
Ezhno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 21:05   Link #345
Nerroth
NePoi!

I was wondering...

Right now, we already have separate threads for regular and comedy pics...

...but might it be feasible to have a 3rd thread just for art depicting mobile units and other mechanical aspects of the franchise?

Right now, those kinds of pics can be a little bit lost in the mix, compared to all of the human/innovade/etc character art you see in the image thread at present.
Old 2009-04-08, 01:07   Link #346
4Tran

I don't see the need for such a thread. Mecha pictures should be treated much like any other picture in the franchise.
Old 2009-04-14, 03:00   Link #347
JayCee
Enigma

Just a curious possibility. Any chance on a thread for "modelling techniques, tutorials or guides" specifically. Just thought that way the main gundam modelling thread can just remain on discussion about latest releases,completed model pics and what not and people's specific questions and queries on modelling can be sought after seperately in a seperate "technique" thread. That way you wouldn't have to trawl through pages after pages of general discussion to find an answer on maybe "topcoating" or spray painting techniques as I seem to lately spot a trend on.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 23:17   Link #348
Charred Knight

How about we just get this over with and create a Gundam vs. Code Geass thread. I mean that's we have been talking about on the 25th episode of Gundam 00 for quite some time. That way we can have the Gundam 25th episode thread be about the 25th episode of Gundam.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 23:26   Link #349
Xander

I don't think making some comparisons is bad thing, under the current circumstances, but it's true that there's no "right" place, either here or in the Geass forum, where any detailed discussion involving the two series mentioned doesn't begin to feel off-topic the longer it lasts.

There's no formal place where it can occur, at least from what I can tell.

But at the same time, I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to have an open "Gundam vs. Geass" topic, in another sense, since it pretty much could get carried away and demand mod intervention for other reasons, especially if things get uncivil.

A general Sunrise series discussion topic would be more fitting, perhaps, but I don't know if it exists or what that would imply. I leave the proper consideration to whoever is qualified.

Last edited by Xander; 2009-04-14 at 23:38.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 07:52   Link #350
Principalities

My humble apologies if this has been mentioned. How about a Gundam Unicorn anime thread?
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 07:59   Link #351
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principalities View Post
My humble apologies if this has been mentioned. How about a Gundam Unicorn anime thread?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37778
Old 2009-04-30, 19:25   Link #352
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There needs to be a thread strictly for the anime, since there's too much spoilers in that current thread, which began in 2006 as a thread for the novel.

Once we get more info on the anime first, of course.
Old 2009-05-03, 17:13   Link #353
Stratos

i would like to request a thread for dicussing the next gundam series (if any).

Last edited by Stratos; 2009-05-03 at 17:32.
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 18:18   Link #354
4Tran

Sorry about being absent for the last few weeks; hopefully we can get back up to speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee
Just a curious possibility. Any chance on a thread for "modelling techniques, tutorials or guides" specifically. Just thought that way the main gundam modelling thread can just remain on discussion about latest releases,completed model pics and what not and people's specific questions and queries on modelling can be sought after seperately in a seperate "technique" thread.
The model thread is meant to cover all the different aspects of modelling, so unless there's a lot of posts about modelling tips, there doesn't seem to be a need for a separate thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight
How about we just get this over with and create a Gundam vs. Code Geass thread. I mean that's we have been talking about on the 25th episode of Gundam 00 for quite some time. That way we can have the Gundam 25th episode thread be about the 25th episode of Gundam.
I don't think that that's a good idea. If it's been too much of a problem, let's see if the episode thread can be cleaned up a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
There needs to be a thread strictly for the anime, since there's too much spoilers in that current thread, which began in 2006 as a thread for the novel.

Once we get more info on the anime first, of course.
There will definitely be an anime-only thread as soon as we get some solid info about the Unicorn movie (at least beyond the mere fact that it'll exist anyways ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos
i would like to request a thread for dicussing the next gundam series (if any).
That seems a bit aimless until there's some sort of announcement from Sunrise. Traditionally, there's a 2-3 year gap between TV shows.
Old 2009-05-05, 19:50   Link #355
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
i'm not sure if this is the correct place but why was gundam moved to the "older seires" section, when there's all sorts of mangas/novels, the 00 movie and the Unicorn anime.
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 00:43   Link #356
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
i'm not sure if this is the correct place but why was gundam moved to the "older seires" section, when there's all sorts of mangas/novels, the 00 movie and the Unicorn anime.
Because there's no current new Gundam series airing. That's the key.
Old 2009-05-06, 09:33   Link #357
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
It's pretty much what Rising Dragon wrote - there's no currently airing Gundam anime. Moreover, you should note that exceptions generally aren't made for either movies or ongoing OVA series.
Old 2009-06-17, 12:18   Link #358
FerrumSavior

Maybe a thread that allows someone to post pics of gundams they created? i don't mean fan-art of existing gundams, more like ones that came from their imagination?
FerrumSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 14:15   Link #359
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrumSavior View Post
Maybe a thread that allows someone to post pics of gundams they created? i don't mean fan-art of existing gundams, more like ones that came from their imagination?
That's what this thread is for.
Old 2009-06-29, 11:02   Link #360
FullFrontal

R we going to get a new thread for the english dub episode 1 appearing tonight on scifi?
FullFrontal is offline   Reply With Quote