AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-21, 21:51   Link #781
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I dunno, aside from that bit with Haruka, I thought Otaku no Musume-san actually ended quite well, when compared to this ending. This was a bit of a mess, really.
Old 2013-01-21, 22:53   Link #782
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Assuming next month the author doesn't start with a "Kids return to a Japan overrun with dinosaurs" manga, the last 10 chapters could have been tied up pretty easily. Instead of the long drawn out this door won't open -- Oh the virus escaped plot, they could have found the directors office with:

a) Files on human cloning, or

b) Mom's diary with explanation from Mina's Grandpa about off-course plane flying over US Navy time-hole experiment and blackmailing US government to fund island to land on 100 years in future. Unfortunately everyone dies before landing strip is begun and clone experiments run wild. Hades was guy sent through who went crazy after 20 years alone when not retrieved by science team.

Something like that could have been done in 10 chapters if every one does not have to have a cliffhanger for a big reveal next week.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 09:26   Link #783
ZeroForever

meh....

that's all there really is to say about this ending...

starshipw hit most of the points on the head.

I'm mainly annoyed on how there somehow psychically predicted where they were going to land after a time travel jump and instead of making a nice normal resort they made jurassic park... seriously now... and of course the true mystery...
WHAT IS WITH THE TIME TRAVELLLL!!!! ugh...
Old 2013-01-22, 20:44   Link #784
X207
Gamyūsa

the series was great though the end was messy. i kind of expected this as it has so many plot twists and secrets. the ending was decent but by no means thought out as per pacing of the final events. it was rushed but it couldve been even worse.

there's been one aspect of the series that caught my attention rather early on. which magazine did this series get published in to allow the nudity scenes? im not for or against it but im surprised they even allowed such scenes. i can only guess its in the league of such seriers as Umi no Misaki and Kimi No Iru Machi. those 2 series have similar nudity though not as frequent as Cage of Eden.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 03:57   Link #785
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
there's been one aspect of the series that caught my attention rather early on. which magazine did this series get published in to allow the nudity scenes? im not for or against it but im surprised they even allowed such scenes. i can only guess its in the league of such seriers as Umi no Misaki and Kimi No Iru Machi. those 2 series have similar nudity though not as frequent as Cage of Eden.
I think it was on Weekly Shounen Magazine. But if you want to be pedantic about it, there actually isn't any nudity, as in nipple flash et al, in the manga at all. All the "private parts" have been whited out afaik.

Even so, it's really conservative when you look at To Love-Ru which is on Jump. Frankly I'm surprised they'd let it get away with the kind of stuff that they've consistently shown in that manga.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 11:46   Link #786
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

/thread

There's really nothing more to say. Unless his upcoming series, is a spinoff of Eden I'm content to avoid this guy's stuff for the rest of my life.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 17:59   Link #787
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
I think it was on Weekly Shounen Magazine. But if you want to be pedantic about it, there actually isn't any nudity, as in nipple flash et al, in the manga at all. All the "private parts" have been whited out afaik.

Even so, it's really conservative when you look at To Love-Ru which is on Jump. Frankly I'm surprised they'd let it get away with the kind of stuff that they've consistently shown in that manga.
true though theres a difference between what is in the raws and published books. its still surprising the raws have nudity even if its partial.

COE is more concentrated though less frequent than TLR v1. TLR v1 is more often though its always conveniently covered. TLR Darkness is a different issue as its upper nudity and censored bottom areas. TLR darkness did catch me off guard because they were more upfront about it without even trying to hide it. TLR darkness really is running the fine line.

COE was a good series but it ran its course. there's only so many mysteries you can think of and offer minimal answers. i beleive its more like show Lost, they cooked up so many subplots i literally got lost.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 12:14   Link #788
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
meh....

that's all there really is to say about this ending...

starshipw hit most of the points on the head.

I'm mainly annoyed on how there somehow psychically predicted where they were going to land after a time travel jump and instead of making a nice normal resort they made jurassic park... seriously now... and of course the true mystery...
WHAT IS WITH THE TIME TRAVELLLL!!!! ugh...
Time Travel was probably inevitable back when one of the group found a hardrive in that abandoned tower. Which appear to be over 50 years old, yet somehow comparable with that one computer they have. And the technology looked fairly new (by 201X standards). So unless the story took place in 2060 or something, that made no sense.

And the strange mummy in a brine jar who had an English ID...which does not make sense at all for people to stuff her in a barrel like that if they were running away from an massive viral plague breakdown.

Unless one could argue that old lady mummy was really that girl who was by Senguku's dying mother's side, grew older, got killed, dumped down, and the murder went into the main lab to spread the plague.

But that would be too far fetched.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 00:56   Link #789
LeoXiao
思想工作

Just finished this manga after ten straight hours of reading. I have to say whoever made it did a damn good job at structuring the plot, making the characters do cool stuff but in a halfway believable way, and having awesome and freaky developments move at just the right pace. There were some loose ends and the ending felt rushed (a couple dozen extra chapters would've been sufficient to fix this), and there was too much fanservice for my taste, but overall it was a gripping and solid work.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, survival