AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-30, 22:30   Link #3221
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Annoying, isn't it? Just ask every NPC you talk to using the "whistle?" dialog. After a series of "comedic moments" you'll finally learn the whistle.
Old 2012-09-30, 23:53   Link #3222
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Alright. On an unrelated note, is getting instant-killed by enemies in finishers common? Because it's getting increasingly common on my game and it's starting to piss me off. Five times I've been through Ysgramor's Tomb now and died because some ghost ran up to me at full health and one-shotted me.
Old 2012-10-01, 00:23   Link #3223
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That's a fairly tough dungeon, try to take them out before they get close? I was up on Hag Rock with my little mage (lvl 30ish) and the outside forsworn were tar and feathering her. I ended up completely rethinking her strategy and it still used a fair number of potions. Once she got inside, the ones inside and even the hagraven weren't much trouble.

Just oddities in stats I suppose.

My 2H warrior, otoh, just slaughtered everyone at Hag Rock at about the same lvl.
Old 2012-10-01, 01:05   Link #3224
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Alright. On an unrelated note, is getting instant-killed by enemies in finishers common? Because it's getting increasingly common on my game and it's starting to piss me off. Five times I've been through Ysgramor's Tomb now and died because some ghost ran up to me at full health and one-shotted me.
I've gone there, and it seems that working with the Thieves Guild and the Darkbros paid off in perusing stealth and sniping skills to get through the gauntlet.

Around this week, I'll have to install Win7 64-bit and everything to max out the 4GB I installed, including the game, and besides that having too many mods are causing CTD problems.
Old 2012-10-01, 01:24   Link #3225
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I haven't gotten to the other factions yet, as it stands. I'm only a Companion thus far, and not a College Mage or an Assassin or a Thieves Guildmember.

Finally got through it with some frequent saving. At first I wasn't saving because, hell, wasn't getting far enough to even warrant saving, they were one-shotting me in the first couple of rooms at times.
Old 2012-10-01, 06:53   Link #3226
sa547
*Author

If you prefer roleplaying for a specified faction than being jack-of-all-trades to get every Dragon Shout, someone got this made:Freedom of Speech relocates every wall without having to switch sides.
Old 2012-10-01, 10:54   Link #3227
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
If you prefer roleplaying for a specified faction than being jack-of-all-trades to get every Dragon Shout, someone got this made:Freedom of Speech relocates every wall without having to switch sides.
Wow.... great mod. I wish I'd known about it before I started my current round of characters.
Old 2012-10-01, 13:50   Link #3228
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It'd figure. It really would. I have some mods in need of updating, so naturally Skyrim Nexus is down. And only that particular site, the other Nexus sites are fine. ARGH.

EDIT: And their maintenance pages lack redirects for when the site goes back up, so I'd been refreshing for hours without realizing it was back up. *sigh*

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2012-10-01 at 16:02.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 17:37   Link #3229
sa547
*Author

I'll have to sit on it for now, after all the unexpected maintenance was necessary due to that being the most popular part of the site.
Old 2012-10-02, 10:35   Link #3230
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I wonder if it's possible to actually commission someone to create an armor mod. There's an armor idea I'd like to have but while meshes are something I can theoretically learn how to alter, textures are completely out of my league and I have neither the time nor the programs needed to learn how to do either.

I just wish 80 percent of the armor designs in Skyrim weren't so unappealing to me.
Old 2012-10-03, 20:33   Link #3231
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Have to ask if anyone has tried reviving one of the higher-level enemies (via spells like Dread Zombie etc.), and found that, after reloading the save later or or spending a few days in-game, the "zombie" starts acting as if it was a live follower? I revived a Volikhar master vampire during the Dawnguard quest for example, and after a while it started to be freaking talkative.

Ditto for a zombie Ulfric Stormcloak (not possible in vanilla, but if you tweak summon level limits via Creation Kit like I did you can), who not only gabs on and on, but uses shouts in combat. o_o
Old 2012-10-03, 21:18   Link #3232
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The "unintended consequences" of the AI of NPCs in this game provide some fascinating weirdness at times. Haven't tried that - I should go try it on the Ulfric body that my redguard warrior left draped on the buffet table and is still there.
Old 2012-10-03, 21:37   Link #3233
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The "unintended consequences" of the AI of NPCs in this game provide some fascinating weirdness at times. Haven't tried that - I should go try it on the Ulfric body that my redguard warrior left draped on the buffet table and is still there.
Ulfric is level 50 I think, so a non-tweaked Dread Zombie won't do as it caps out at level 40. Easy to change though on the creation kit, but I think it increases the base Magicka cost a little (so you will have to modify THAT as well).
Old 2012-10-04, 11:02   Link #3234
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Dead Thrall seems to work on Ulfric, though, and according to the Elder Scrolls wiki page, he retains his vocal clips and Shout capabilities while a Dead Thrall, so you wouldn't need a modified Dread Zombie spell to do the same.
Old 2012-10-04, 11:51   Link #3235
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

No, it doesn't. Dead Thrall is level 40, while Dread Zombie is, I THINK, level 32. Both are insufficient for Ulfric's level 50.

And I meant Dead Thrall, as all the other spells vaporize your zombie after 60 seconds.
Old 2012-10-04, 12:14   Link #3236
etalocohc84

Edit: My mistake, yes Ulfric can't be death thrall in vanilla

Last edited by etalocohc84; 2012-10-04 at 12:22. Reason: forgot that ulfric isn't an undead
etalocohc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 14:31   Link #3237
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
No, it doesn't. Dead Thrall is level 40, while Dread Zombie is, I THINK, level 32. Both are insufficient for Ulfric's level 50.

And I meant Dead Thrall, as all the other spells vaporize your zombie after 60 seconds.
Would the vampire-necromage trick work? I heard that it raises your Death Thrall level limit.
Old 2012-10-04, 18:03   Link #3238
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Hearthfire is now available on the PC version of Skyrim. For those of you in America, it'll cost five (US) dollars. For everyone else, well...
Old 2012-10-04, 18:30   Link #3239
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Time to see how many mods it breaks. Presumably anything that alters the original houses in the game, since it apparently includes the ability to modify pre-bought houses to add rooms for children.

EDIT: In other news, the modder I approached concerning my commission for an armor mod is willing to try it, provided he gets through all the other commissions people have made of him (so I wasn't the only one with the idea), gets enough details and/or reference imagery, and likes the concept. So there's hope.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2012-10-04 at 18:42.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 19:29   Link #3240
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm going to avoid installing it til I finish the playthroughs of my current three characters.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim