AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-01, 02:38   Link #1
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Eureka Seven Ao

Since there's all sorts of manga talk on the TV series thread, I though the manga should have a dedicated place for discussion.

Having read the complaints on the Upcoming Series board, I honestly expected the first chapter to be awful - but I liked it. I'm still not sure how all this ties in with the original, and whether this is a direct sequel or somewhat of an alternate universe, but I thought the first chapter was pretty engaging. We know that Ao is Renton and Eureka's son, and that there are some weird tie-ins to present-day global politics, but beyond that things are still pretty much wide-open.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:30   Link #2
Jarmel

None of this and I mean absolutely none of this makes sense in regards to the mythology. The scenario is either a ripe off of Star Drive or Eva so far. The art seems to be generic and the characters aren't that interesting.
Old 2012-02-03, 02:05   Link #3
Exether

I'd like to ask if the manga is going to be a monthly or bimonthly publication.

If I remember correctly, the manga and anime of Eureka Seven had certain points that made them different so I would still keep my hopes that we'll have two different stories this time.
Old 2012-02-03, 12:58   Link #4
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
I'd like to ask if the manga is going to be a monthly or bimonthly publication.

If I remember correctly, the manga and anime of Eureka Seven had certain points that made them different so I would still keep my hopes that we'll have two different stories this time.
Well, Shounen Ace is a monthly so I assume the new manga should be released monthly.
Old 2012-02-07, 09:34   Link #5
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well this first chapter did nothing to impress or garner my interest in the story . Then again, I'm not too surprised. When it came down to the original e7, the world, mechs, and char design were what attracted me to it in the first place. However, eventually, I found the plot to be only mildly interesting and the action average at best, aside from very few excursions(Ray/Charles; theEND). Where it really shined for me was the love between Renton and Eureka as well as their character growth. The long journey from unrequited love to normal love to "can't live without you" love was the central theme that kept me watching the show. I imagine that will be the same case here, though I can't say whether Ao's girl-friend is interesting or not yet.

Old 2012-03-31, 02:42   Link #6
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Lots of interesting hints in chapter 3, but it's obviously the manga is keeping things close to the vest so as not to spoil too much before the anime premières.
Closed Thread

Tags
bones, eureka seven