AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-11, 04:39   Link #1
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Why does everyone compare Naruto to DBZ? Am I missing something?

Why does everyone seem to compare Naruto to DBZ? Because its a long series thats popular?

I mean One Piece is more related to DBZ then Naruto, imo. And Naruto himself isn't portrayed as powerful as Goku was when he fought his enemies, if anything I would compare Naruto to an average-street smart type fighter (Until ep. 78 that is), while Goku is a training monster that overpowers his opponents with his superior strength/speed. So what gives? Maybe I'm missing something? Was the folk story about the slug/snake/frog in DBZ? Or the plain and simple fact that the fights "get dragged out"? Which I don't think justifies it being a DBZ clone. Maybe I'm missing something completely?

The only DBZ resemblence I saw was the very obivious one in ep 52. But other then that, I don't see it.
Old 2004-04-11, 04:45   Link #2
A Lamer
あほぉ&

search button, sheesh
Old 2004-04-11, 04:47   Link #3
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
I think lately the reason so many more than normal are saying that is for the greater part of the last 8-10 episodes all i can remember is story and kids today short attention span .
Old 2004-04-11, 04:52   Link #4
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

I personnaly don't compare their storylines, but their popularity and to explain people what kind of show I'm talking about... (yes, it is one of the big disasters of this world, but many people I know have no idea of what 'manga' or 'anime' means... it makes me want to cry.)
Old 2004-04-11, 05:21   Link #5
Palani
///_^

I think people are comparing it since the battle seems to be dragged out and since there are a lot of powerups scenes suddenly appearing, Neji vs. Naruto, Naruto vs. Gaara. The accumalation of chakra is looking abit like the gathering of ki in DBZ. But that's about all I can think off. What I do know is that Naruto is alot better then DBZ IMO.

And nezt time look around for starting a thread because there's a thread discussing something similar on the first paga as well. Lookie Lookie

It may not be totally the same but it has a lot to do with it.
Old 2004-04-11, 05:25   Link #6
HoboGod
Necromancer

the biggiest reason for comparison is popularity, but more specifically because of its popularity, capitalist piggies try to make as much money off it as popular by rushing animators and writers to keep pushing out more episodes with limited storyline. thus what animators are forced to do is use the same methods of shitty rush-rush-rush, drag out-drag out-drag out, animation techniques such as repeating frames and pointless fillers that were used in dbz... isn't money great?
Old 2004-04-11, 07:57   Link #7
hob
Random Stupid Poster.

Send a message via AIM to hob Send a message via MSN to hob Send a message via Yahoo to hob
Almost the same thread as "Naruto and Kenshin" or something. Maybe there should be a thread just for you guys who like to discuss Naruto and Dbz'ish stuff.
Old 2004-04-11, 09:27   Link #8
reymysteriojr

the powering up and level thing is kind of dragonballish. But I am glad the stories dont always revolve around Naruto it focuses on others. The only hint and on similarities was when Rock Lee opened the gates he looked like he was going sayian. and Sasuke wanting to be stonger a hint of vegita in there in episode 1 or 2when he Naruto Powered up with the blonde hair and all was kind of sayian ish.
Old 2004-04-11, 11:29   Link #9
LithKage

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE CREATING A THREAD.

Yes it's all in caps I'm sorry I'm just getting a little sick of VS threads I can see why they're banned. I just said this but I'll say it again.

Vs threads neither enhance our knowledge or appreciation of Naruto, and it is Naruto that this thread has been dedicated to.
Old 2004-04-11, 11:46   Link #10
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Ummm....this isn't a VS thread...he's just asking why people compare the 2 animes...he's not asking if Naruto would beat DBZ or if DBZ would beat Naruto....

but i compare the 2 a lot...personally i don't see anything wrong with it....comparisons are always made so i don't see why people get so offended by it...

but my reasons is cause back in the day of DBZ there were lots of people behind it who loved it...it was immensly popular, long etc etc...the same goes for Naruto...Immensly popular now...long etc etc...and even the chars have some similarites....true that every anime can be compared one way or another...but when i watch Naruto...DBZ is the first anime to come to mind...
Old 2004-04-11, 12:45   Link #11
Maikeru
Fabulous Muscles

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru
i think it's because naruto is taking the same road as DBZ did.
Old 2004-04-11, 13:03   Link #12
ARNEL98
Anime Fanatic

I also think that naruto is kinda like DBZ because the fight scenes span multiple episodes. Other than that, there's not much similarity...
Old 2004-04-11, 14:06   Link #13
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
search button, sheesh
Why bother posting if you not going to even answer the question?

To answer the question of this thread, it is a known fact that Kishimoto admired DBZ greatly and some of the things in Naruto are actually comparable to DBZ. For example, the power-up of characters when they want to protect someone and chakra itself is a replica of ki in DBZ. Especially when Naruto powers up, the fact that you see chakra as a "flame" surrounding Naruto is similar to how ki surrounded goku when he powered up.

Despite these minor similarities Naruto and DBZ are different animes and Naruto cannot be called a cliched version of DBZ.
Old 2004-04-11, 14:08   Link #14
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Basically all Shonens can be compared to each other, people just feel the need to exaggerate the Naruto and DBZ one.
Old 2004-04-11, 14:33   Link #15
momojigari
Great I-Jin

at least the good thing with naruto is that its actually enjoyable to watch compared to DBZ. REally...DBZ can be summed in a simple formula:

train + power up = saiyan level up = defeat bad guy

rinse and repeat. Am i right or am I right?
Old 2004-04-11, 14:57   Link #16
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Why bother posting if you not going to even answer the question?
Why post a thread about a very, VERY stupid subject, when the same very stupid subject is 2 threads below this one?
Old 2004-04-11, 15:34   Link #17
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by momojigari
at least the good thing with naruto is that its actually enjoyable to watch compared to DBZ. REally...DBZ can be summed in a simple formula:

train + power up = saiyan level up = defeat bad guy

rinse and repeat. Am i right or am I right?
oh my you have it all figured out! you get an A+
Old 2004-04-11, 16:24   Link #18
Gen-X
TangaLangaDingDong

hahahah

it's more like train~power up~kick some ass~bad guy gets stronger and gives a royal ass beating~main guy's friends come in to help, but get killed~main guy finds some damn hidden power he never had~beats the bad guy half to death~bad guy powers up~main character powers up even more~end of battle
Old 2004-04-11, 16:27   Link #19
Ultimate Sasuke

DBZ used to be my favourite animé but I noticed how damn repetitive it is....Same thing over and over again. I think it would be funny if some sort of badguy came in saying he will destroy the planet but he is like as strong as a human and just get his ass kicked. Anyway back on topic Naruto is a lot different from DBZ and that is a good thing DBZ had no plot twists and Naruto does. Naruto is way better and nothing can beat it.

I just think the pics of DBZ are cool now.
Old 2004-04-11, 17:09   Link #20
Palani
///_^

I think that there's an explicit rule for no VS. thread and especially DBZ ones. Let's check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto Forums Code Of Conduct
Vs. threads
Despite what the title says this forum does allow vs. threads, however they must be well constructed and have substance. But the vs. threads will be limited to only things only in the Naruto Universe. That means absolutely no threads containing DBZ or any other series in them are not allowed, no matter how well constructed it is, or how much subtance it has.
And this is par def. a Naruto VS. DBZ thread. Therefore it is forbidden. Or at least that's
how I did 1+1=2

And this means my previous post was useless. I didn't respect the rules. Sorry.
Closed Thread