AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-02-05, 00:08   Link #41
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
In my last post I was actually trying to explain her motives and to certain extent, why she has ‘accepted’ or is more willing to accept Nobuse’s feelings, though it does involve her relationship with Shin. It makes more sense to me the fact she might be trying to forget about Shin now that she seems more open to “move on” with Nobuse, but as you pointed out, this situation might be hurting herself or it's already hurting herself.
well, I found this entry in wikipedia and I think now I know the reason that Aiko is going out with Nobuse. Here is the description of Aiko from wikipedia.

Aiko Endo description from Wikipedia
"Aiko is a girl one year older than Shinichirō who attends a different school than him. She is going out with his friend Miyokichi Nobuse, but may have feelings instead for Shinichirō hinted through a comment she made about if people cannot become closer to the one they like, they would like to get closer to the one closest to that someone. Aiko has known Shinichirō and Miyokichi since they were kids. She helps out at her family's Imagawayaki shop named Imagawayaki Ai-chan. She is shorter than Shinichirō but enjoys teasing him from time to time."

I think I finally got my answer to why she is going with Nobuse and It is safe to expect that we won't see how they ended together. Stupid girl!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 09:18   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just because it was mentioned on Wikipedia doesn't mean we should take it as the 100% fact. As we see it they are a couple in the making --- and yes we've heard they've been on a few dates.
Old 2008-02-05, 10:15   Link #43
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just because it was mentioned on Wikipedia doesn't mean we should take it as the 100% fact. As we see it they are a couple in the making --- and yes we've heard they've been on a few dates.
Well, the comment she made is true and I kind of had forgotten about as the series was going. I kind of got reminded by that. So that description of her is 100% accurate. So the reason she is going with Nobuse is also valid. It is pretty obvious that they are dating, we don't know for how long, but it is obvious that her heart is not into dating Nobuse. you got to admit that her scheme is working, because she attached herself to Nobuse she gets to see Shin every day. If she was not going with Nobuse, Shin wouldn't come to visit her at her store as much as he does.
Just take episode 5 for an exemple, nobuse Told Shin to go ahead of him and wait at Aiko's shop.
The purpose that shin goes there is to hang up with Nobuse. That was an automatic pay off for Aiko's scheme.
Old 2008-02-08, 00:02   Link #44
jaisrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, I found this entry in wikipedia and I think now I know the reason that Aiko is going out with Nobuse. Here is the description of Aiko from wikipedia.

"Aiko is a girl one year older than Shinichirō who attends a different school than him. She is going out with his friend Miyokichi Nobuse, but may have feelings instead for Shinichirō hinted through a comment she made about if people cannot become closer to the one they like, they would like to get closer to the one closest to that someone. Aiko has known Shinichirō and Miyokichi since they were kids. She helps out at her family's Imagawayaki shop named Imagawayaki Ai-chan. She is shorter than Shinichirō but enjoys teasing him from time to time."

I think I finally got my answer to why she is going with Nobuse and It is safe to expect that we won't see how they ended together. Stupid girl!
I hope the show reveals why she goes to a different school when she probably lives in the same area as Shin and Nobuse. Unless Shin is 3rd year jr high and therefore Aiko is 1st yr high school. I don't remember the show revealing what grade they are in . Also, if she knew Shinichiro since they were kids then maybe she might know Hiromi from back then as as well although there's been no indication of that.
jaisrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 03:14   Link #45
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisrh View Post
I hope the show reveals why she goes to a different school when she probably lives in the same area as Shin and Nobuse. Unless Shin is 3rd year jr high and therefore Aiko is 1st yr high school. I don't remember the show revealing what grade they are in . Also, if she knew Shinichiro since they were kids then maybe she might know Hiromi from back then as as well although there's been no indication of that.
well, she is only one year older. the reason that they are in different schools is probably for convenience on Shin side and probably nobuse didn't make the cut to join her school. She goes to the same high school that Jun.
Old 2008-02-15, 13:35   Link #46
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:

But wasn't that obvious, she knew that if she dismissed the advances from Shin's friend then he wouldn't go to the shop and nor would Shin probably, so she just didn't want that to happen so going out with Shin's friend was the best way to keep seeing him.
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 10:43   Link #47
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm kinda surprise no one has mentioned it already... Aiko is or should I say... was dating Nobuse... only because Shinichiro pushed her to do it. She didn't want to, nor does she want to now, She's harbored feelings for Shin for a long time and its just about time for it to pop out.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 11:47   Link #48
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm kinda surprise no one has mentioned it already... Aiko is or should I say... was dating Nobuse... only because Shinichiro pushed her to do it. She didn't want to, nor does she want to now, She's harbored feelings for Shin for a long time and its just about time for it to pop out.
ahhh! ALL NEWS. we have been discussing that all over the place and in here too. Check the discussion for episode 6.
Old 2008-02-16, 13:53   Link #49
wushubaka

Well, Aiko makes her move in episode 7.
wushubaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 13:56   Link #50
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushubaka View Post
Well, Aiko makes her move in episode 7.
Yep, and what a move! She was late by just a few hours though! Damn, that was so close! Damn Jun interrupted her that previous night.
Old 2008-02-17, 23:25   Link #51
Var
Banned

Quote:
Yep, and what a move! She was late by just a few hours though! Damn, that was so close! Damn Jun interrupted her that previous night.
I wonder about that, I have a feeling if Jun hadn't interupted them that she would not have been quite as bold. Boon or not is a different matter though.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 23:56   Link #52
DanielSong39

Aiko went all-in with nothing and is about to be knocked out.

Sometimes the best option is to fold.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 00:09   Link #53
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Aiko went all-in with nothing and is about to be knocked out.

Sometimes the best option is to fold.
Better than living a life of possible regret. A minimal chance is better than no chance and that is better than not even trying.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:18   Link #54
DanielSong39

It's good to take chances in life but you have to pick your spots. This was clearly a bad one and it's going to cost her.

If she wasn't dating Miyokichi and Shin wasn't dating Noe, of course it's a different story.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:32   Link #55
Var
Banned

Quote:
It's good to take chances in life but you have to pick your spots. This was clearly a bad one and it's going to cost her.

If she wasn't dating Miyokichi and Shin wasn't dating Noe, of course it's a different story.
You're applying rational thinking to an irrational emotion? I don't think life works that way.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:34   Link #56
DanielSong39

Some (if not most) find a way to rein in their emotions and avoid bad situations like these...

Love may be irrational but let's not use it as an excuse. You are still responsible for your own actions.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:57   Link #57
Var
Banned

Quote:
Some (if not most) find a way to rein in their emotions and avoid bad situations like these...

Love may be irrational but let's not use it as an excuse. You are still responsible for your own actions.
Yes, most find a way, and as we saw Ai did just that, until when, she simply couldn't any more.

Irrational emotions can only be controlled for so long, so don't use that as an excuse either.

And no one said she isn't responsible, and she's fully aware of what she's done.
Old 2008-02-18, 02:28   Link #58
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Yes, most find a way, and as we saw Ai did just that, until when, she simply couldn't any more.

Irrational emotions can only be controlled for so long, so don't use that as an excuse either.

And no one said she isn't responsible, and she's fully aware of what she's done.
Aiko was fine with giving up Shin'ichiro for Hiromi, but as we saw once she found out that hiromi "liked" someone else, her feelings started to resurface. then She saw Shin with Noe, and she has been trying to ask him about it, but either Nobuse or Jun got on the way. She could accept Shin and Hiromi, but she couldn't accept someone that Shin just met less than a month ago.
Old 2008-02-18, 02:33   Link #59
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Aiko seem like really desperate.....

She doesn't seem to be the type who just surrenders without a fight,so it makes me wonder whether she will "sabotage" ShinxHiromi or ShinxNoe.But for now,it is really hard for me to support ShinxAiko because i just can't imagine them as a couple.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 04:56   Link #60
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I love you, Aiko, I hope for your happiness... although its probably not going to happen >_>
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote