AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

View Poll Results: Sora Kake - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 2 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-03, 18:07   Link #21
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
What's with all of the anti-Akiha sentiment all of a sudden?
i think she's fine, but i do wish she grow a bit and actually kick some minor butts(since she hasn't done that in awhile)

roof>bed
Old 2009-06-03, 21:52   Link #22
FateAnomaly

Another great episode. Seems like leopard will be getting all his parts for his actualization (whatever that is). Lets hope Akiha get her act together.

I am pretty sure thats not the end of the Uray gang but what exactly is their purpose? Conquest? Anyway, what is the political structure like in this series? It seems like they treat Kirkwood like a separate country or something.
Old 2009-06-03, 21:57   Link #23
Fishfood1

either kazane is really good at chess or leopard degraded his chess skill significantly since you know what

i mean we seen on the 120th match, she still has virtually every piece(and most didn't even move).

roof>bed
Old 2009-06-03, 22:10   Link #24
FateAnomaly

Hey at least he won 1 match lol.
Old 2009-06-03, 23:21   Link #25
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Hey at least he won 1 match lol.
No..He didnt.

Kazane won 120 round over 120th round.

and that is 121th round, Leopard lost again...so basically, Kazane won everything.

Old 2009-06-03, 23:40   Link #26
Fishfood1

i'm surprised she has the patience to win it 121 times. i mean don't you get bored of total domination after the 120th round?

roof>bed
Old 2009-06-04, 00:29   Link #27
FateAnomaly

Actually i am more surprised at the guy who counted the number of matches lol.
Old 2009-06-04, 04:08   Link #28
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

The soylent green part kinds of ask me if Madoko was already a red box. But then again, sunrise loves the occasional karma houdini so who knows. I wonder what happens to disposed boxes? The pale skinned zombied folks?
Old 2009-06-04, 05:54   Link #29
Sixth
Hu Tao

NEET indeed any answer for world peace.

Nerval try to show this to us ..too bad that Leopardist don't agree with this.
Old 2009-06-04, 07:02   Link #30
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
NEET indeed any answer for world peace.

Nerval try to show this to us ..too bad that Leopardist don't agree with this.
Remember that Neet are a big problem in Japan. with low birth rates and so many people not being productive. Japan doesn't want to have a bigger problem with Illegal imigration as it is right now. that is with Nerval is portrait as the villain because he is trying to create NEET.
Old 2009-06-04, 10:24   Link #31
owq

Talking about NEETs reminds me of Eden of the East, lol!

Well the main problem is that people die in the boxes for no reason.. I think it was because Xanthippe fired her cannon that time.. If the people aren't "used" that way, it would certainly be a false paradise..
Old 2009-06-04, 10:58   Link #32
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by owq View Post

Well the main problem is that people die in the boxes for no reason.. I think it was because Xanthippe fired her cannon that time.. If the people aren't "used" that way, it would certainly be a false paradise..
Yeah..it definitely make sense as well.

Or...perhaps , the box just isn't flawless as Nerval thought it will be...I mean, human are complicated...it is hard to satisfy every human in the world...so the decease probably unable to accept Nerval's paradise and commit suicide.

Just like Matrix, people actually wake up from the "paradise" and make the Matrix goes " HuH? How?"
Old 2009-06-04, 12:08   Link #33
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by owq View Post

Some become mentally instable and enter an mental breakdown which quickly causes them to suffer a fatal anneurysm, too bad he never took the Clausterphobic into account . Its not NEETish rather QT waves causing anyone with the Nerval Seal to go mentally out of whack
Old 2009-06-04, 12:18   Link #34
Sixth
Hu Tao

I wonder...how Leopard going to kill Xanthippe? I mean, if Xanthippe died, the million of box lives will die as well....

so how?
Old 2009-06-04, 17:18   Link #35
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I hope it's not because she's showing a weak side after what happened to Imo-chan, though i'm probably correct.
For me it is more like her lack of character development or involvement in the whole story. It is really the script writers' fault, rather than any particular character.

I mean, you can replace the part Akiha was put in a box with "Akiha caught a cold and stayed in bed for 2 or 3 days", the rest of the story would carry on just fine. That's a really pitiful role for the main heroine to play.

The only thing we got out the subplot is the lose of imo-chan(which really had not much to do with akiha being caught: It could happen when Akiha is doing certain mission). Besides, she is like Akiha's talking and flying Barbie doll. The script writers expect people to sympathize with Akiha. But I found that part painfully boring, especially if you compare it with what's going on with the whole story.

(Edit: the other thing that we learned is the functions of those boxes. First, those are expected. Second, this revelation so trivial even Neneko chan can do it. )

The other almost useless plot is Takane being mind controlled. She acts as silent body guard for a few episodes, then miraculously back to the good side again. What does that do? Takane fell ill and stayed in bed for a week. Any big difference in the story?

Both plots started to be quite promising, but in the end, we gets next to nothing out of them.
Old 2009-06-04, 22:32   Link #36
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Can we please not do the nitpicking and "bad writing" thing with this show please? Also why have an Akiha avatar if you think she's such a crappy character?
Old 2009-06-04, 22:37   Link #37
golthin

Quote:
Can we please not do the nitpicking and "bad writing" thing with this show please? Also why have an Akiha avatar if you think she's such a crappy character?
really! Only thing I can think of is that he doesn't hate the character per say, he hates that she is being wasted by the writers.
Old 2009-06-04, 22:38   Link #38
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
really! Only thing I can think of is that he doesn't hate the character per say, he hates that she is being wasted by the writers.
Ah yes those crappy crummy Sunrise writers and such or however it goes.....
Old 2009-06-04, 23:35   Link #39
Sixth
Hu Tao

Who care about the Akiha...Now it is all about Nerval freezing your house and cooking in the space.
Old 2009-06-05, 00:27   Link #40
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Her character design is CUTE. That's all. Having a cute face and being a well developed character are entirely different.

Sunrise may have done great stories before, but not in this one in my opinion. There are shining points like Neval, Tsusugi, etc, without doubt. But when your main heroine that the show is (partially) named after sits idle for lots of episodes, something is not right.

Quote:
Only thing I can think of is that he doesn't hate the character per say, he hates that she is being wasted by the writers
It is more like I am frustrated by the story telling( and Kaioshin is frustrated by my "nitpicking". ). They put quite some mysteries in the show. I feel like fish that had got hooked:
  • What's the whole deal with "Sora Kakeru Shoujo"?
  • The background story with Kagura?
  • What Kagura has written in enigma?
  • etc...
They will be explained in due time. But the ride to get there should be enjoyable, shouldn't it?

Kaioshin is going to call me nitpicking again. But what's with the recent RPG-ish plots: Go get item A, then get item B, then get item C...