AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

View Poll Results: Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 24 38.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 37.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 14.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-04, 01:54   Link #81
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Ah, right. You can't war without filling out the proper forms.

I admittedly had forgotten that little detail. Yes, Yakomaru was clearly snubbing his nose at the humans.
May be he is fed up with the paper work process just like how I am fed up with DMV
Old 2013-02-04, 06:22   Link #82
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Okay I'd like to clarify cheering for the death of all the entire village. I'm just saying it is a necessary that needs to be done to wipe the slate clean.
And how do you imagine that would help? Massacring the villagers wouldn't make the issues that made them the way they are in the first place magically go away...
Old 2013-02-04, 06:26   Link #83
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So Shinsei got a mangekyou sharingan's like ?
Old 2013-02-04, 10:34   Link #84
Raviel

On a serious note, what do you guys think Shisei's vision is like considering he has two pupils?
Old 2013-02-04, 10:44   Link #85
kuromitsu

Trippy. (Actually, it is described how his strange vision works, but it may or may not be a spoiler.)
Old 2013-02-04, 10:50   Link #86
ChronoReverse

It's blatantly obvious that Squealer's queerats had this planned out and intended for it to happen even before the extermination squads were sent out.

Even to the in-show characters (which was why they sent the extermination squads) much less us.

And it's pretty obviously not over either if only because it's only episode 18.
Old 2013-02-04, 11:00   Link #87
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Trippy. (Actually, it is described how his strange vision works, but it may or may not be a spoiler.)
I've already spoiled myself in the novel thread, I might as well go all the way.

Now that I think about it........are his eyes the reason he was able to detect Shun's transition into Karma Demon?
Old 2013-02-04, 11:30   Link #88
pinoscotto

i don't think this was asked before: in this episode saki call shun "faceless boy", but, according to the posts by novel readers, in the novel she remebered him when she was 14. is this the biggest difference between the two versions?
Old 2013-02-04, 12:04   Link #89
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
It's blatantly obvious that Squealer's queerats had this planned out and intended for it to happen even before the extermination squads were sent out.

Even to the in-show characters (which was why they sent the extermination squads) much less us.

And it's pretty obviously not over either if only because it's only episode 18.
While I personally think that intent is irrelevant in this matter;

it's really not that far-fetched for the Robber Fly government to have thought up and planned for several possible scenarios. Contingency-plans if you will. The odds of the attack on the village and the punitive campaign coinciding are small. Granted they are not zero. But it's unlikely that there is no relation between the two. Likewise the possibility that one (the intended Bakenezumi purge) triggered the other is too great to ignore.
Old 2013-02-04, 12:57   Link #90
Dark Wing

Quote:
And how do you imagine that would help? Massacring the villagers wouldn't make the issues that made them the way they are in the first place magically go away...
I'm hoping the event would borough them see the error of their ways or maybe I'm being too navies and there really is no hope for a better future after the war is over.
Old 2013-02-04, 13:01   Link #91
Bombo
TSF Fans

WOW...i couldn't watching last 3 episode and now I'M SO GLAD to see them together ....AMAZING AND MORE ACTION and Darkness for next episode !
Old 2013-02-04, 13:24   Link #92
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repelsteeltju View Post
it's really not that far-fetched for the Robber Fly government to have thought up and planned for several possible scenarios. Contingency-plans if you will. The odds of the attack on the village and the punitive campaign coinciding are small. Granted they are not zero. But it's unlikely that there is no relation between the two. Likewise the possibility that one (the intended Bakenezumi purge) triggered the other is too great to ignore.
That's backwards. It might seem the extermination triggered the "retaliation" but from the fact the "retaliation" is so well planned, it's clear the extermination was triggered on purpose by the queerats or rather, they used their secret weapon knowing the extermination will come because they're prepared for that.
Old 2013-02-04, 13:34   Link #93
kuromitsu

>Raviel
Oh, it's not necessarily a plot spoiler, just something that may or may not be mentioned in the anime in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
i don't think this was asked before: in this episode saki call shun "faceless boy", but, according to the posts by novel readers, in the novel she remebered him when she was 14. is this the biggest difference between the two versions?
No, she doesn't remember him when she's 14 - she only remembers that there was a boy who was their friend and she loved him. She doesn't remember his face or his name or what happened to him, just that he existed, which is why they call him "faceless boy" or "X". So she remembers him but doesn't remember him, if it makes sense. Same as in the anime.
Old 2013-02-04, 19:32   Link #94
Diveman

holy shit, so Yakomaru killed both Maria and Mamoru, and somehow got access to PK powers? damn son.

I'm guessing he probably either has Maria and Mamoru's son/daughter OR something even more horrible (forcing Mamoru to "fertilize" the queen so that they would have an hybrid rat with powers). This just got realer than real.

EDIT: AAAAAH!!!!! so THIS is what Saki meant with "If Maria had never been born they wouldn't have lost so many lives". I'm guessing what comes next is even better.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:34   Link #95
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Excellent...excellent... vengeance time you rotten society...time to reap what you sown. I'm just upset they did not embelish Hiromi's death for viewers to see. Would have been delicious irony...

And Tomiko? Oh you crazy whore....You indirectly had a hand in all of this and you still act so cocky? Marvellous, just marvellous in the light of what's to come

Quote:
It would cleanse the nutjobs in power and make way for better leaders hopefully. When you have failed miserably as a leader, it's time to go whether you like it or not. Bakemono vs bakemono...Might not have happened if they didn't act like that in the first place against the Bakenezumi and their own young. Not saying culling potential threats isn't necessary but this society seems to have no limits in their purges
Old 2013-02-05, 11:25   Link #96
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

MANNNNNNNNNNN SHINSEI!!! Was totally waiting for him to show his power. Now I cant wait for Tomiko-san to show hers on Squealer. Tho this one of those anime were I can see the "bad guys" winning. Maybe not absolute but winning.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2013-02-05, 13:41   Link #97
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It would cleanse the nutjobs in power and make way for better leaders hopefully. When you have failed miserably as a leader, it's time to go whether you like it or not. Bakemono vs bakemono...Might not have happened if they didn't act like that in the first place against the Bakenezumi and their own young. Not saying culling potential threats isn't necessary but this society seems to have no limits in their purges
What nutjobs? Just because they follow a system we don't agree with doesn't mean they're nutjobs... Obviously they're not doing it because they like it but because this was the best solution their ancestors could come up with and nobody has found anything better. Besides, the entire reason why Tomiko made Group 1 was to raise a new generation of leaders who can make the village evolve with time. (And perhaps find a new, better solution to their issues - I mean, not very long ago for a surprisingly long time, lobotomy was actually considered a pretty good idea, the best existing solution for problems science couldn't deal with otherwise. Fast-forward a few decades, and here we are being completely terrified at the very idea of it...)

And as for the bakenezumi... again, while there is obviously oppression going on it's not like the humans beat them and keep them on chains and work them until they can't move anymore and then kill and hunt them for fun or anything? Like, nobody goes "guys, I'm bored, let's go kill some bakenezumi"? In fact, if anyone remembers the previous episode, it's basically only Kiroumaru's colony cluster that provides labor force for humans, the rest is pretty much left alone and humans just keep tabs on them. Any punishment involving death also only occur on the occasion of breaking serious rules/taboos. Which I'm not saying is good or anything, and it's obviously pretty bad how humans look down on bakenezumi, but it's not like the bakenezumi live their lives being physically and mentally exploited and abused. (By humans, I should add. What they do to each other is another thing.)

Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and in any case we haven't seen full picture yet (not even close) which is more complex than what it seems. But I still don't see how massacring a village-ful of people (some of whom may be legit dicks, but others are struggling to deal with a situation they inherited and most of whom are innocent) would help either in building sympathy and understanding for the bakenezumi or in handling the akki/gouma problem.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-02-05 at 19:01.
Old 2013-02-05, 14:51   Link #98
deadsea

All this bakenezumi vs human remind me a litte of Shiki:corpse demon , who are the bad guys here?
Old 2013-02-05, 18:44   Link #99
Arya

Amazing episode. I had lost enthusiasm about this show, but this new arc kept me in line again. Yakomaru is the best character of the show (in the bad way). Each time he is on screen I feel uncomfortable, that cunning bastard. From the moment I connected the dots about the bones and dna (because tbh at first I thought that Yakomaru had falsified everything somehow) I kept thinking how did he find them. And how did he kill them? The possibilities range from mild dark to the deepest horror
I'm a bit disappointed by my Tomiko-san by the way, she should have seen through him more than she did. But probably it would be too hasty to sentence them to death out of hand.
Saki on the other hand could have been a bit more determined, even if probably she feared Yakomaru would have revealed (in his forked way) their previous agreement if she had acted against him. But at least she could have warned Tomiko later.
Letting aside for a moment which/who is Yakomaru's source of knowledge, tracing back to the first cause of this situation, everything seems to be ascribed to that decision to leave Saki's group to think freely. Apparently an unfortunate sort of butterfly effect. Ah, Tomiko-san I did think back then that you were a bit too soft. Shun's case should have been a big warning, shouldn't it?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2013-02-05 at 18:55.
Old 2013-02-05, 18:54   Link #100
Diveman

I'm also very curious on how Yakomaru killed both Maria and Mamoru, maybe he caught them off guard? and also how did he got access to their powers.
Closed Thread