Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-09, 13:46   Link #81
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Ishida going darkside would be funny, considering the revival of his clan and justice on those who caused its demise in the first place! ...this sounds awfully familiar
Doesn't help that he has Sasuke's voice
Old 2012-02-09, 16:50   Link #82
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
You're killing me. I didn't watch FMA...Only the first two episode. The Kido spell used was one that required a sacrifice--in a way it's like Giriko's "contract"

In order to use the spell, he had to give up an arm. He gave it up because He knows how deadly his powers can be. Therefore he sacrificed his arm, to use the spell before his own powers burnt everything and everyone into a crisp

Now--You don't think Kubo is a good writer. I do. You can hate it as much as you want to, and I can love it as much as I want to. It works both ways---but that doesn't change the fact that it was a "sacrifice" which means. He can't get it back. If he could just get it fixed ...that would be shallow.
But...he can just get it fixed. Orihime says hi.

Quote:
And with that I take my leave---because it's a waste of time for me to post here. I always spend more time, debating the most trivial things instead of discussing Bleach. The reason I cam here (I had a temporary attack of lunacy and thought I would have really good discussions here...I'm cured)

There is also a messed up double standard here because I'm the noobie, people can say all kinds of insulting sh-t to me and as soon as I give it back. I get red reps condescending my behavior when I was merely thinking "When in Rome..." and did what they did This will probably earn me another red rep
EDIT: Never mind, I seem to still think this is 2011

Oh, but you're not a newbie, you've been here over a year.
Old 2012-02-09, 21:04   Link #83
dr.deneve
Banned

so what was this chapter about?
Old 2012-02-09, 21:22   Link #84
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.deneve View Post
so what was this chapter about?
2 new characters that weren't very interesting and had no rational reason for being where they were. much stronger shinigami are needed to protect KT than those two weaklings. it was a pretty bad decision on SS's part. Ichigo had to save the day within seconds when the whole point of them being there was supposed to keep Ichigo from being needed and interfering with SS's business
Old 2012-02-09, 23:15   Link #85
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I think the last arc name isn't symbolism. I mean knowing Kubo it can really last thousand years
Also 2 new enemies at the beginning of the chapter with long hair?
Yea it is based on the quincy vs shingami first hundred year war

I definatly think it is quincies at this point cause there only being that can completely eradicate hollows and Mayuri is involved and Maryuri guards against quincies.

Now there back also in color page we see what looks like a quincy cross and outfit
Old 2012-02-10, 00:52   Link #86
Mateus

So if the Quincies are the new enemies, how would things tie into Squad Zero/Royal Guard and the Soul King? They were mentioned a few times before so surely they would eventually be revealed, no?
Old 2012-02-10, 03:15   Link #87
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
well, kubo had something to do with an anime episode a while back where they explained that Halibel was a vasto lorde...yes I know the anime eps aren't canon...but he did work on the ep, so we can assume that at least the top 3 or 4(the silhouette of the vasto lorde looked like Ulqui.. we all remember lol) were Vastolordes...well minus Barragan..Hollow king and all.

lol it would be too funny...the fact that Uryu and Sasuke are voiced by the same guy too makes me wonder if they planned this out =P
Kubo confirmed in the Bleach: Official Character Book 3 UNMASKED that most of them VL. (effectively ending the debate ) I am assuming that he left out Yammy and Arroneiro who were Gillian and Adjuchas

Sorry I was supposed to be posting in Aquarion Evol thread and somehow ended up here in this thread.

Anime episodes aren't canon. Kubo merely designs the characters--he does not write the story. He can make suggestions but they don't have to use them. He doesn't have creative control...sometimes the anime will base episodes on his drabbles, and omakes but primarily, it's Studio Pierrot's baby...he's just the father but he signed all his parental rights away when Bleach was licensed by the animators

I don't think it's Quincy unless they are evil --I think someone else is doing it

Ichigo was so bad ass, too bad he only had one page---Some of us actually like seeing him. Damn you Kubo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
But...he can just get it fixed. Orihime says hi.
Orihime's powers have been known to fail. She couldn't heal Ichigo, not once, but twice. She couldn't even fix Tsubaki. What part of "contract" "Trade-off" "Sacrifice" don't you get? He can't just get it fixed that's why it's not fixed. *grits teeth* He sacrificed it, with the kido. END. OF. STORY. Argument is over, because you're determined to insist that he could gotten fixed when the creator told you...IT CAN'T BE FIXED. He's word of god, not you. So it's a pointless argument. I side with Kubo because it's HIS story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Oh, but you're not a newbie, you've been here over a year.
....lol

I rarely post here, so I'm still an unknown and I don't have any friends here--so I am all alone and still noobie status --wise ass
Old 2012-02-10, 05:23   Link #88
Casshern

I like you even though you have a Kagura sig and ava. Why do we always end up liking opposite characters?

Anyway, Kubo obviously thought Yama would be more cool or bad-ass if he lost an arm so he decided it would be permanent. The plot points are there for Kubo to justify it either way, whether Yama lost his arm or fixed it.

LoP may come across a bit OTT, but it's true that Orihime's powers have limitations. Some people tried to get this point across throughout all of hueco mundo but many still have this impression that she could just undo Aizen's or the hougyoku's existance entrely.

If you want to be cynical about it then just think of Orihime's powers as one of Kubo's tools. They work when he wants them to.
Old 2012-02-10, 08:20   Link #89
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Have the chapter in front of me... absolutely nothing of consequence happens.

The title of the final arc is:
Spoiler for Title:

There are strong suggestions the Quincy are involved...*sigh*
sorry for the stupid question : is this the last arc of Bleach ??
Old 2012-02-10, 08:24   Link #90
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl View Post
That's what we've been told via the Editor and Kubo interviews.
Old 2012-02-10, 08:26   Link #91
Beryl Black
Potential Spammer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl View Post
Supposedly, Manga Reader claims the chapter's title as: Final Arc - The Thousand Year Blood War. Along with it, various anime news site claim Kubo's Bleach is entering its final arc.
Old 2012-02-10, 08:47   Link #92
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

wow thanks for the update; I must admit I lost track since Arrancar arc, Bleach getting so boring the past months.

It's very sad Kubo couldn't revive the serie just as Kishimoto did... Anyway, awesome job though, and thanks to Kubo for his still amazing work.
Old 2012-02-10, 09:06   Link #93
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
OMG YOU READ THE CHAPTER??! OH OH OH!! WHERE WHERE?!?!

At least you could wait till you have the chapter in front of you and then bash him You don't know if it's subpar or not. Ohana doesn't like Bleach so she doesn't give that many details--you can't judge a chapter by the spoiler--you know what. Never mind---you just reminded me why I don't bother to visit this forum anymore

*walks away in disgust*
1) We're not allowed to discuss where we read these, but it's fairly obvious for those of us that have been reading for years.

2) Where I read it, it came out the same day your post was made. Typically, early in the morning.

As I finally have time to read the chapter, it was okay. Kinda like the new characters, though Soi Fon's little sister seemed one and done Though I'm pretty sure Orohime will fix her up.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2012-02-10 at 09:17.
Old 2012-02-10, 10:46   Link #94
Slayerx

Quote:
Kubo confirmed in the Bleach: Official Character Book 3 UNMASKED that most of them VL. (effectively ending the debate ) I am assuming that he left out Yammy and Arroneiro who were Gillian and Adjuchas
Technically it hasn't since Kubo was never clear on who were vasto lordo... Hell you point it out your self by assuming Yammy was an adjuchas despite being number 0. essentially, people can still wind up debating which ones were vasto lorde's. Frankly i find it troubling that Kubo could not be clear on who was a vasto lorde and gave such a vague answer; it would have been extremely simle to include what type of hollow they were in each of the character descriptions... it just rather seems to show that not even kubo himself actually knew what he was doing with them. Hell he couldn't even be bothered to give the answer within the manga itself and had to tell us in the databook.

This is on top of being vague about their deaths. I mean even at this point a lot of readers aren't quite sure which ones died and which ones lived. Some who looked like they died turned out to live, so anyone who did not get a very clear death is now up to debate. Its like Kubo left it vague on purpose just because he wasn't sure who he wanted to bring back later

Quote:
Orihime's powers have been known to fail. She couldn't heal Ichigo, not once, but twice. She couldn't even fix Tsubaki. What part of "contract" "Trade-off" "Sacrifice" don't you get? He can't just get it fixed that's why it's not fixed. *grits teeth* He sacrificed it, with the kido. END. OF. STORY. Argument is over, because you're determined to insist that he could gotten fixed when the creator told you...IT CAN'T BE FIXED. He's word of god, not you. So it's a pointless argument. I side with Kubo because it's HIS story.
....lol
The creator told us nothing of the sort... He told us that the arm was gone for good, but he did not bother to explain WHY it was gone for good.

Again, we have seen orihime heal entire body parts from nothing and we've been told that SS was able to replace Soi fon's entire arm. Even if the wound could not be healed for some BS reitsu reason, there would be nothing stopping them from just cutting off the whole arm and healing it from scratch. They have proven it can be done.

Also with tsubaki; she was able to heal him, she just didn't know how because she didn't quite understand her powers. Hachi showed her how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
1) We're not allowed to discuss where we read these, but it's fairly obvious for those of us that have been reading for years.

2) Where I read it, it came out the same day your post was made. Typically, early in the morning.
LoP was being satirical. Pointing out that when you made your post the chapter was not out yet and thus you could not have read it... the point being that you were criticizing the chapter before reading it
Old 2012-02-10, 11:05   Link #95
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Sorry but Kubo never said Orihime or anyone else couldn't get his arm back nor did he explain why Yamamoto couldn't get his arm back.

In any case what difference does it really make? It's still a contradiction between two facts the creator has given us (That he supposedly can't get his arm back and that he obviously can).

And btw, we've seen supposed "notsacrifices" before.
Old 2012-02-10, 11:09   Link #96
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
LoP was being satirical. Pointing out that when you made your post the chapter was not out yet and thus you could not have read it... the point being that you were criticizing the chapter before reading it
Trying to keep this as nice as possible, I did type a third comment in that post, but I let better judgment prevail. Regardless, I got tired of her droning a long time ago, and really don't care if she was being satirical or not. A initial impression based on what was shown in the spoiler tag is hardly criticizing.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2012-02-10 at 11:20.
Old 2012-02-10, 11:57   Link #97
itachi-san314

it's also said that barragan's power of time and age is absolute, yet soi fon's arm is back after being devoured by it... I think that statement holds just as much ground or more than a statement about sacrifice. and as I stated earlier, a sacrifice doesn't have to be permanent. LoP is making up a strict definition for the word. I feel like age is much more permanent. Barragan's power was very godlike and it was undone by orihime. it all boils down to kubo doing whatever he wants. there's really no logic to it
Old 2012-02-10, 17:14   Link #98
Alchemist007
*Author

I hope this arc is entertaining enough per chapter in some way. Feelin to start a new parody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Trying to keep this as nice as possible, I did type a third comment in that post, but I let better judgment prevail. Regardless, I got tired of her droning a long time ago, and really don't care if she was being satirical or not. A initial impression based on what was shown in the spoiler tag is hardly criticizing.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-10, 18:56   Link #99
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaeru View Post
Supposedly, Manga Reader claims the chapter's title as: Final Arc - The Thousand Year Blood War. Along with it, various anime news site claim Kubo's Bleach is entering its final arc.
It is literally on every manga site just how it was translted and repaet and reboot says it too
Old 2012-02-10, 19:33   Link #100
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
It is literally on every manga site just how it was translted and repaet and reboot says it too
Yea couldn't get any more obvious than that but then it could maybe mean it's the "Final Arc" of this Thousand Year Blood War and not the Bleach story, we've had bad trolling before might as well be prepared to roll with the punches

Gave the chapter another read to see if my thoughts would change but still not liking the 2 new reapers, I'm actuially dreading what they will bring to the table during the course of this arc.
I'm guessing we'll some arse pull "bad ass" moments from them at some point but don't think I'll bring myself to care, really don't like em at all.
Maybe the first characters I actually hate in Bleach.
Never really hated anyone before, more just "I don't really care".