AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2004-08-06, 01:40   Link #41
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7m4
Anyone know if Osamu Dezaki is directing the Air TV series as well?
I doubt it, but I guess we'll find out in 4 days ^^;

Speaking of which, I finally got thru the whole thing ^^; The ending still eludes me a bit because it was going by too fast and I couldn't keep up with it hehe
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 04:13   Link #42
a7m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas

Speaking of which, I finally got thru the whole thing ^^; The ending still eludes me a bit because it was going by too fast and I couldn't keep up with it hehe
To tell you the truth I hope he isn't directing. I'd much rather see him go on to direct something else (like the new Black Jack series). He just doesn't seem to be suited bishoujo game to anime conversions.
a7m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 10:07   Link #43
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

the character designs look so much like Kanon's it's scary
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 23:23   Link #44
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
The plot might be almost the same as Kanon and short as 13 episodes
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 00:17   Link #45
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
The plot might be almost the same as Kanon and short as 13 episodes
From what I understand (and someone who has played the game should correct me), the Air game is a fair bit longer than Kanon, so perhaps there might be hope for a 26-episode series? I don't know... I just find 13-episode series to be a bit too short - just when you get to know and like the characters, it's already over. Needless to say, though, I'd prefer 13 excellent episodes to 26 drawn-out or mediocre ones.

Anyway, I'm looking for to Air, and here's to hoping that it will enjoy a good and succesful run.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 02:47   Link #46
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

AIR's story, from what I remember, is not too much longer than Kanon's overall game plot, however they do have extensive character building that goes deeper than Kanon's. This might increase the episode count if they plan on continuing the idea of building the characters in filler episodes, but I don't know.

I expect it to not be much longer than Kanon since they'll probably want to keep a close-knit feel on the story.
Old 2004-08-07, 19:46   Link #47
TronDD
Team the box!

I'd prefer a 13 ep series like Kanon over a 26 ep series like Da Capo. I'd rather they keep the drama up and forgot the fluff. Of course, the ideal scenario would be 26 solid episodes.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 19:56   Link #48
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
AIR's story, from what I remember, is not too much longer than Kanon's overall game plot, however they do have extensive character building that goes deeper than Kanon's. This might increase the episode count if they plan on continuing the idea of building the characters in filler episodes, but I don't know.

I expect it to not be much longer than Kanon since they'll probably want to keep a close-knit feel on the story.
I think it takes the average Japanese gamer about 40 something hours to beat this game, and that's including about 16 hours of overlapping plot. If they just stick to Misuzu -> Summer -> AIR, a 13 episode series would barely be able to contain everything, but a 26 episode series may be a bit too long. Having not played the game version of Kanon all the way through, I can't really compare the two though :/ I'm reaaaaally interested in how they implement the last third of AIR, since it's uh... from the point of view of a bird >.>

What *would* be interesting would be is one of two things:

1) The movie covers Misuzu's scenario + Dream + AIR, the TV series covers say Minagi's scenario and the Comics cover Kano's scenario

or

2) The TV series is divided into three parts for the first third, and they attempt to illustrate all three girls' scenarios as alternate realities
Old 2004-08-07, 21:01   Link #49
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas

The director for the TV series of "AIR" is Ishihara Tachiya. Kyoto Animation will be doing the anime.

In addition, Kyoto Animation also released a statement that they will be doing the third series of FMP, titled "Full Metal Panic! the second raid"
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 22:02   Link #50
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
The director for the TV series of "AIR" is Ishihara Tachiya. Kyoto Animation will be doing the anime.

In addition, Kyoto Animation also released a statement that they will be doing the third series of FMP, titled "Full Metal Panic! the second raid"
Oh, that sounds really good. I liked their work with Fumoffu. Now to figure out where I can order Comptiq online and have it ship to the US...
Old 2004-08-10, 14:36   Link #51
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Sorry for double posting, but I wasn't sure exactly how to bump the thread without posting again ^^;

Anyways, according to Moonphase (who read Comptiq), the TV show will be 12 episodes, so it doesn't look like they have a lot of room to do things. I hope it pulls off well
Old 2004-08-17, 19:20   Link #52
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
MOVIE UPDATES:

2 versions (not very different of the movie trailer is up for download (if you didn't know LOL)

You can get a DVD (what is the DVD of?) one is 1300, 2500 and 3000 the tickets go on sale august 21st

(DAMN i was just in Japan too >.< I will give someone money really.....>.< I NEED THIS STUFF i want the 3,000 yen one >.< oh kj1980-sama......)

Plus you can see the unsubbed trailers here:http://air2004.com/pv.html and the goods page has pictures of the DVDs

TV UPDATE:
The site has been opened and there are a few links that work but the site is not finished like the character page that I'm DYING to see LOL. Nothing much to see, but the TV series poster is starting to be seen (see 1st post for TV series home page)

thats about it for now I think it looks more kick ass then KGNE jusat from the trailer ^-^

Last edited by Leo_Otaku; 2004-08-17 at 19:31.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 11:40   Link #53
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Ehh?? A new series?? ^_^

Hehehe... Thats a good news... Been boring this days... hopefully there's more anime release since this year is 2004 dakara ^_^
Judging most of your review it sounds like a very popular Game and might turn into a very good anime too...^_^
Mo~ Ureshi... ^_^

Ehh?? kj1980-niichan, honto ka?? Is it true that Full Metal Panic the 3rd version is coming out??? Well that explains why the 1st season seems to hang at the ending. I'm a great fan of FMP but couldn't get hold on Fumoffu.... >_< hopefully...can get it as soon as possible.... sigh~
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 11:58   Link #54
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Is it true that Full Metal Panic the 3rd version is coming out??? Well that explains why the 1st season seems to hang at the ending. I'm a great fan of FMP but couldn't get hold on Fumoffu.... >_< hopefully...can get it as soon as possible.... sigh~
for info regarding a 3rd season of FMP, you can refer to these threads

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=17376&page=2

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...?t=1250&page=3

basically a 3rd season of FMP is pretty much official, but there's no official dates on when it will start to air yet. Also don't expect the whole thing end with season 3, since the novels are still ongoing and very popular in Japan (I heard the novels are actually much more popular than the anime series...)

And Fumoffu is imo super fantastic! Especially if you like the comedical side of the original FMP. I can't stop watching it again and again!
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 18:00   Link #55
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
MOVIE UPDATES:

2 versions (not very different of the movie trailer is up for download (if you didn't know LOL)

You can get a DVD (what is the DVD of?) one is 1300, 2500 and 3000 the tickets go on sale august 21st
The preorder ticket packages come in 1300yen, 2500yen and 3000yen denominations
The 1300yen I believe just comes with a poster.
The 2500yen comes with a DVD in a Jewel case. They're the same DVDs except for the cover art. One is Misuzu in a yukata and one is Misuzu in her pajamas.
The 3000yen version comes with a DVD in a 3 disc digipak. The cover art is Misuzu in her school uniform.

The DVD comes with 2 TV commercials (maybe just the standard Kansai-Tori no Uta and the Kantou-Aozora one), interview with the main seiyuu and a Promo.

I have about 8 different captures of the TV commercials, but only subbed two (since there's only 2 actual sets of video footage)
According to 2ch, it seems there may be 10
So far, there's:

1. Kansai(Osaka) with Yukito narration and Tori no Uta
2. Kantou(Tokyo) with Misuzu narration and Aozora
3. Chiisana Te no Hira with Yukito and Kansai
4. Chiisana Te no Hira with Misuzu and Kantou
5. Farewell Song with Yukito and Kansai
6. Farewell Song with Misuzu and Kantou
7. Natsukage with Yukito and Kansai
8. Natsukage with Misuzu and Kantou

2ch seems to indicate that there may be commercials with no narration, but I have not been able to find a capture for this.
Old 2004-08-19, 14:25   Link #56
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

wow thanks for the heads up. I think the DVD's look so cool! I want to see the tori no uta one I'm a huge fan of the song
Old 2004-08-19, 23:56   Link #57
Takemi_Ikazuchi

I liked AIR a lot. Misuzu's scenario to be exact.

I thought the Kanon game was OK, but the TV series was awfully mediocre.

Clannad was sadly, a dissapointment.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 00:55   Link #58
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

AIR anime

ok first off any one seen the promo vids for the movie?

am i the only one who thinks it will be freakin awesome?

cuz it does look sugoi!

AIR2004 looks sweet, but the anime looks like this:
http://www.bs-i.co.jp/anime/AIR/index.html
Back to kanon artstyle!!! 10 year old looking girls again!! YEAY
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 03:09   Link #59
Thelastguardian

When I looked at the characters, the first thing that popped into my mind was the game Eternal Fighers
Old 2004-08-25, 13:03   Link #60
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
I liked AIR a lot. Misuzu's scenario to be exact.

I thought the Kanon game was OK, but the TV series was awfully mediocre.

Clannad was sadly, a dissapointment.
What was so bad about Clannad?

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, seinen