AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-29, 17:40   Link #11221
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Even since the very beggining of the series I've never had any qualms with Medaka's character. I guess that makes me strange before the rest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Don't worry, you're not alone, I like Medaka too. You know the saying, haters gonna hate.
there are more of us out there then you realize.
Old 2012-11-29, 18:21   Link #11222
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Read the raw. So that's the reason why The End does not apply to style. It is Medaka's own problem again.
Spoiler for 173:
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 21:33   Link #11223
Lupus753

For me, Medaka Kurokami is like Evangeline from Mahou Sensei Negima: I'm never exactly sure whether she my most hated character or one of my favorites. Perhaps she occupies both, sometimes simultaneously. It's been this way since the beginning.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 21:47   Link #11224
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Spoiler for 173:
It is about darn time, I am hater and I really hate Medaka yet I like for some reason.
Old 2012-11-29, 22:45   Link #11225
Wolfenstein

Yeah, her perfection has been throwing quips at her since the start of the series. Which she will surmount with...more perfection! Or just another type of the same.

Old news, but then again the current fight is just a means of transition, anyway.
Old 2012-11-30, 00:14   Link #11226
DawnEmperor

Well there's nothing inherently wrong with liking Medaka. Most of the time, I tend to like the protagonist. While Medaka does frustrate me, that's just that. We have our preferences.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:53   Link #11227
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Don't worry, you're not alone, I like Medaka too. You know the saying, haters gonna hate.
Or people will just have different preferences for characters. Just because I don't like Medaka, it doesn't mean I'm a "hater". If that's the case, then that would make you a Medaka "fanboy". Both terms have negative connotations.

You like her, I don't. Just like you probably like some food that I can't stand or vice versa.

Sorry, I just hate when people bust out the whole "haters going to hate" argument. It just gives the impression that they think they're opinion is the only right one and anything to the contrary in invalid.
Old 2012-11-30, 02:42   Link #11228
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Or people will just have different preferences for characters. Just because I don't like Medaka, it doesn't mean I'm a "hater". If that's the case, then that would make you a Medaka "fanboy". Both terms have negative connotations.

You like her, I don't. Just like you probably like some food that I can't stand or vice versa.

Sorry, I just hate when people bust out the whole "haters going to hate" argument. It just gives the impression that they think they're opinion is the only right one and anything to the contrary in invalid.
I surmise from this that you don't really know what a hater is. In fact, I didn't mention you, or anyone specifically as a hater.

FYI, the term "haters gonna hate" isn't about proving that my opinion is the right one or that any opposing opinion is invalid.

It's about not letting the opinions of other people bother you, because as you yourself pointed out, everyone has different opinions, and no one's opinion is greater than anyone's. So you can stop with the strawman argument.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:12   Link #11229
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
I surmise from this that you don't really know what a hater is. In fact, I didn't mention you, or anyone specifically as a hater.

FYI, the term "haters gonna hate" isn't about proving that my opinion is the right one or that any opposing opinion is invalid.

It's about not letting the opinions of other people bother you, because as you yourself pointed out, everyone has different opinions, and no one's opinion is greater than anyone's. So you can stop with the strawman argument.
I think the point was that just because someone's opinion is directly against yours, doesn't mean they're a "hater". While in some context, "haters gonna hate" does make some sense, recently it's simply become a defense against one's own silliness. For example, people criticize Chris Brown, he says "haters gonna hate" as if to diffuse the whole thing. While it isn't the same situation for anyone here, I can see how people can view that saying negatively when a buncha idiots on the internet use it to defend themselves as if they were actually justified.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:37   Link #11230
Sixth
Hu Tao

Well done, Shiranui. Because of your selfish request, Medaka nearly got killed by the machine gun. This is what you got from making deal with a true sicko.

Unless, the machine gun that I saw in this chapter actually shot a plastic bullet that looks like a real bullet.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:45   Link #11231
whx_epic

Is it just me or that chapter 173 implies that
Spoiler for 173 spoilers:
whx_epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:57   Link #11232
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I can't be the only one that spent the whole time reading the chapter like this:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 10:21   Link #11233
DawnEmperor

Toys read manga? That's new
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 10:59   Link #11234
Last Carpet

Again....I love how Joutou lisps. Now that I think about it, ther suitors had a connection to their doubles' fetishes. Shinkirou is a pedophile and Joutou can lower people's ages, it fits.

Now I wonder what Kagekae's connection to Gizou's fetish is? I has to have something to do with underwear.

Spoiler for ch173:

Wonder what's next
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 12:05   Link #11235
[HearT]

The highlight of this chapter for me was seeing antler head again,

I really like antler head

Antler head needs more screen time!!
Old 2012-11-30, 12:36   Link #11236
Wolfenstein

Booooooorrriiiing!

Except for Suki. I love her.

Also, is it possible that the Tsurubami thing was a mistranslation? He can use Pluses, Minuses and Styles? Maybe they were talking about Medaka for a minute there, in contrast to Bami's style use.

But if he can, he's more badass than I imagined.
Old 2012-11-30, 13:00   Link #11237
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:

A hater, from what I've always seen, is someone who hates something completely and utterly that no amount of convincing will even make them see good points about the object in question. On top of that, they get angry when any support is shown for the object at all.

On the opposite side, a "fanboy" is someone who likes something without question, ignoring all flaws and much like a hater, gets upset when someone dislikes something.

As I mentioned previously, both terms have negative connotations to them.

As Kurosu said, that was the point I was trying to make.

Anyway for the new chapter:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-30, 13:04   Link #11238
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Also, is it possible that the Tsurubami thing was a mistranslation?
Nnnnope.

「アブノーマル」と「マイナス」そして彼女が初めて体験する「スタイル」の三つを同時に操る鶴 喰鴎に黒神めだかは大層な苦戦を強いられた。
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 13:05   Link #11239
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post

Also, is it possible that the Tsurubami thing was a mistranslation? He can use Pluses, Minuses and Styles? Maybe they were talking about Medaka for a minute there, in contrast to Bami's style use.

But if he can, he's more badass than I imagined.
nope, it's right, he's just badass

edit: lol, ninja'd
Old 2012-11-30, 13:07   Link #11240
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well we ARE talking about a kid who not only developed his own style by himself (without even knowing what styles were) but also kicked Medaka's ass for a while.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council