AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-18, 04:56   Link #2281
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I feel real bad for him; I wish there's some way he can save anyone. Maybe saving Touma's life by risking his own?
He already did that. Earning him a bullet in the head. Last Order is Accelerator's morality pet all the Misaka's he has killed and Misaka Worst has the same face.

I wouldn't pass the posibility Accelerator is insane. Preying on middle school girls with the same face over and over he may have started identifying with them. Since what he did is basically serial murders of over 10,000 girls there is a posibility of sexual gratification involved in the killings. Here comes a mini-version of the girls he's been killing who is sympathetic to him. He started to bond with her. Trouble happens and she gets sick he feels powerless. Then comes a more mature version of the girl he protects he can't bring himself to kill another girl with the same face anymore. Hence when she killed herself he snapped.
Old 2010-03-18, 07:23   Link #2282
LastResolve

just because accelarator is a phycho doesnt mean he raped the sisters lol
Old 2010-03-18, 08:11   Link #2283
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Dude not funny.
Even if he didn't raped them, he found pleasure in hurting them very painfully in many ways before killing them. Accelerator is a sadist and enjoy what he did to the Sisters. It was only after meeting Last Order that he realizes how horrible of a monster he was as he always thought of the Sisters as his playthings not humans with feelings.
Old 2010-03-18, 08:34   Link #2284
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think it's slightly more complicating than that. If Last Order's theory is true, then all this time throughout the entire experiment he was trying to scare off the Sisters, meaning that to a tiny degree, he didn't want to continue.
Old 2010-03-18, 08:59   Link #2285
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I think it's slightly more complicating than that. If Last Order's theory is true, then all this time throughout the entire experiment he was trying to scare off the Sisters, meaning that to a tiny degree, he didn't want to continue.
I agree with MrTerrorist. He looked really enjoy killing the sisters. If he didn't want to continue then he could simple quit the experiment. No one could stop him.
Old 2010-03-18, 09:00   Link #2286
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Yup. Hard shell, weak core.
That over 10,000 Sisters were killed is a fact but no matter the crime, they gotta move on one way or another.
Old 2010-03-18, 09:13   Link #2287
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I agree with MrTerrorist. He looked really enjoy killing the sisters. If he didn't want to continue then he could simple quit the experiment. No one could stop him.

I believe Part of him wanted to attain Level 6. As we saw it, even as a child he was always attacked by people. By attending Level 6, he hoped that nobody would even consider attacking him anymore. He's just tired of it.

Another part that I read from the manga was that Accelerator never once thought that his powers could be used for anything except for destruction. Yoshikawa mention that should he ever finds out that he could save people, he would definitely regret all the times that he could've done so.

Maahh~ To each his own, Accelerator never once denied that he was a scumbag and a monster for going through with the experiments.
Old 2010-03-18, 09:41   Link #2288
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
just because accelarator is a phycho doesnt mean he raped the sisters lol
Serial killing involves a certain factor of dominance, Accelerator doesn't need to sexually assault a Sister as it is part of the killing. Accelerator even made a lewd comment during a killing "Are you you showing me your butt?".

The relationship between Accelerator and Last Order appear to be a form of mutual Stockholm Syndrome. Last Order in her Point of View saw some kindness in Accelerator who murdered every Sister connected to her. In turn the face Accelerator saw again every day during the experiment is that of Mikoto Misaka thus some sympathy with victims as it progressed. Perhaps Accelerator did try to scare the Sisters but couldn't feel fear as they are programmed not to, but he did it Mikoto when she tried to kill him for murdering the Sister she bonded with.

As said his experience with Last Order humanized the Sisters to him thus couldn't kill another Sister anymore.

(I should really stop psychoanalyzing Level 5's )
Old 2010-03-18, 09:53   Link #2289
Seihai
スマイリウム

*says with serious yet calm voice*
"This is Academy City. A city occupied by 2.3 million students. Nothing that happens here is a surprise."
Old 2010-03-18, 09:55   Link #2290
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It does make me wonder what would be his feelings towards to original Misaka Mikoto? Guilt? Indeference? Or would he associate her as one of them?
Old 2010-03-18, 10:15   Link #2291
tsunade666

maybe the same feelings he have for LO. its the original to begin with. Though I think he much sympathize more the one being experiment with because he kinda understand it.
Old 2010-03-18, 11:49   Link #2292
Seihai
スマイリウム

I'm still hoping for the moment when Accelerator saves Mikoto in some way.
Then we'll see.lol
Old 2010-03-18, 12:01   Link #2293
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Then we'll see.lol
Maybe in the future events from the vol.21 and 22.
Old 2010-03-18, 12:07   Link #2294
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
...the Sisters but couldn't feel fear as they are programmed not to, but he did it Mikoto when she tried to kill him for murdering the Sister she bonded with.
Hmm, I don't know, they all seem scared to me near the end of the expts. (LN, Index anime, and manga) They were perfectly capable of feeling fear and shock, did it in every single encouter with Accel. Oh yea an he taunts/intimidates Mikoto...

Quote:
It does make me wonder what would be his feelings towards to original Misaka Mikoto? Guilt? Indeference? Or would he associate her as one of them?
They've only met...twice? They kinda went from hostilities to totally forgetting about each other >_<
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Then we'll see.lol
I'm just waiting for them to meet up again! I wonder how they feel about each other...
Old 2010-03-18, 15:07   Link #2295
Miraluka
Banned

Baka Tsuki has got updated the translations
Old 2010-03-19, 00:09   Link #2296
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Adding on to what Wilfriback said,

Vol 9 Chp 1 done
Old 2010-03-19, 00:12   Link #2297
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post

Vol 9 Chp 1 done
Thanks a lot for all the hard work Teh_Ping
Old 2010-03-19, 00:34   Link #2298
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Indeed, volume 9-10 have rather detailed explainations of the workings of magic, given Oriana's style, so alot of information just flew pass me- I'm only able to catch some of it like Stiyl's step-by-step instruction of how rune magic works. Hopefully with your translations I could fill in the gaps.

That said though, Touma's classroom antics are excellent And their very first event got my laughing at Mikoto's reaction
Old 2010-03-19, 01:17   Link #2299
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post

Vol 9 Chp 1 done
Your work will always be praised by me .
Old 2010-03-19, 02:24   Link #2300
Lummie

Found something to share with you guys

Spoiler for Summary vol.17:

Last edited by Lummie; 2010-03-19 at 02:56. Reason: Correcting typo
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen