AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-06-16, 02:58   Link #2821
Gatmarant
Margatmar

Yeah Susuikino was like that, until William and his guild the silver swords took back and stabilized it.

What i really want to see is how Minami is because while we have gotten references and rumers, we haven't really seen how the conditions are over there yet.
Gatmarant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 03:01   Link #2822
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatmarant View Post
What i really want to see is how Minami is because while we have gotten references and rumers, we haven't really seen how the conditions are over there yet.
Minami can be describe as pretty stable. its ruled by iron law that if your not one of us then your an enemy. pretty easy to see d control as a government.
Old 2014-06-17, 12:04   Link #2823
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Yeah, Susukino pretty much degenerated post-apocalypse that after Akiba got stabilized by Shiro and the RTC they had to physically go there to evacuate people who wanted to leave.
Until Silver Swords self exiled themselves to that city and basically installed civil order, by force.
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 19:16   Link #2824
DQueenie13

Mamare posted an update/comment on the conclusion of volume 8.

Seems like it's mostly him talking about how Volume 8 answers the question of "why isn't anyone trying to leave the game/homesick." Some mentions of Roe2 and the mystery behind her is slowly being revealed.

He also confirms that he's preparing to start writing Volume 9.
Old 2014-06-18, 03:13   Link #2825
RDNexus

But at this pace, Season2 may already be airing when he gets to writing Vol10...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 04:42   Link #2826
tsunade666

its fine. its not like he will stop writing while its airing. he will just continue writing.
Old 2014-06-18, 08:50   Link #2827
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
But at this pace, Season2 may already be airing when he gets to writing Vol10...
Season 2 already being airing when he gets to writing volume 10 was already basically guaranteed. The only question is will he manage to have volume 9 out before then. And the answer is that if he maintains this pace, and starts soon enough, he should be able to manage it.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 04:36   Link #2828
Gatmarant
Margatmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Season 2 already being airing when he gets to writing volume 10 was already basically guaranteed. The only question is will he manage to have volume 9 out before then. And the answer is that if he maintains this pace, and starts soon enough, he should be able to manage it.
so does that mean that season 2 will only cover 4 volumes or do u think he might be able to write up to vol 10 while it airs and still adapt it to the second season?
Old 2014-06-20, 10:27   Link #2829
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

KTKR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KadoTaiwan has finally updated its July booklist and LogHora Volume #7 is in it! Assumingly all goes well, it will be out in late July =3

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2014-06-21 at 05:40.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 21:59   Link #2830
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatmarant View Post
so does that mean that season 2 will only cover 4 volumes or do u think he might be able to write up to vol 10 while it airs and still adapt it to the second season?
It's impossible to say for sure this far out, but by my estimates, he'd be finishing up volume 9 in September or October assuming everything goes well, and the second season would likely start in October. It takes 3-4 months for him to write and publish a volume, so he could technically publish volume 10 while the anime is airing. The problem with that is they also need a couple months lead time to properly produce the episodes, so if they tried to do volumes 6-10, they'd be cutting it really, really close.

So I personally lean towards expecting them to just adapt volumes 6-9.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 03:01   Link #2831
Gatmarant
Margatmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
It's impossible to say for sure this far out, but by my estimates, he'd be finishing up volume 9 in September or October assuming everything goes well, and the second season would likely start in October. It takes 3-4 months for him to write and publish a volume, so he could technically publish volume 10 while the anime is airing. The problem with that is they also need a couple months lead time to properly produce the episodes, so if they tried to do volumes 6-10, they'd be cutting it really, really close.

So I personally lean towards expecting them to just adapt volumes 6-9.

Hmm that would appear the most likely scenario. If that is the case than they would have enough material for up 20 episodes, if this is going to be 2 cour than they need to find a way to fill in the remaining 5 episode,

Which they can either slow down the pacing a bit, Add a bit of filler or adapt some of the material from the other spin-off series.
Old 2014-06-21, 03:53   Link #2832
Gimmesum

dont forget they can add up Kanami side story for filler aswell.. or make it OVA perhaps ?
Gimmesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 11:08   Link #2833
yulinard

There are plenty Filler opportunity. How Brigandia got their ass kicked by Silver Sword. How Nureha finish her Ogre festival and Kanami sde story.
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 17:13   Link #2834
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmesum View Post
dont forget they can add up Kanami side story for filler aswell.. or make it OVA perhaps ?
probalby not Kanami, not enought stuff. But Soujiro harem guild is a possibility.
Old 2014-06-21, 17:58   Link #2835
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
probalby not Kanami, not enought stuff. But Soujiro harem guild is a possibility.
I don't think the anime team would have any reason to add the WWB material into S2, though, considering that it takes place from the beginning of S1 and hasn't even reached the Round Table Conference so far. If it was an OVA or something, I could probably see that happening (although some parts that clash with the light novel may have to be smoothed out).
Old 2014-06-22, 11:45   Link #2836
Ayulsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
There's more than enough, since it has more combat scenes than even Book 7 considering it's length.
Ayulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 15:05   Link #2837
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I think animating Dragon Roar Mountains before showing material from at least volume eight would be a good idea, if not a must, to better understand what's going on. In particular, to give the causal audience a better idea what ROE2's talking about

Signature by liro
Old 2014-06-24, 21:40   Link #2838
DQueenie13

skythewood has started translating parts of the Chinese fan-translation of the web novel to practice translating. Feels good to read new Log Horizon material.
Old 2014-06-24, 22:15   Link #2839
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
skythewood has started translating parts of the Chinese fan-translation of the web novel to practice translating. Feels good to read new Log Horizon material.
Is skythewood using the one from baidu, the partially-done ones on Volume 8 and Dragon Roar? If so, has the original translator been notified beforehand and permission to do so granted by him? Because the original translator made it very clear that he is not proud of his translations and does not want anyone to re-post them without his permission. I think he might feel the same about translating them, so it's better that he is notified and has agreed to it. It's better than him throw his hands up in disgust and give up translating altogether

Signature by liro
Old 2014-06-24, 22:42   Link #2840
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Is skythewood using the one from baidu, the partially-done ones on Volume 8 and Dragon Roar? If so, has the original translator been notified beforehand and permission to do so granted by him? Because the original translator made it very clear that he is not proud of his translations and does not want anyone to re-post them without his permission. I think he might feel the same about translating them, so it's better that he is notified and has agreed to it. It's better than him throw his hands up in disgust and give up translating altogether
Didn't say. From his indication to "use Google Translator" on one line, though, I think it's a combination of the Japanese web novels and something else.

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers