AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-01-03, 05:49   Link #13121
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Finally got my new computa up and running last night.

I`m so jealous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Okay, I started to use the the crosshair mod and I like it very much. But I really like to change the crosshair design. Can I do it in the in-game settings, or do I have to tweak some stuff in the game folder?

Speaking of mods, what is this Warpack? Why is it some sort of a sore topic over the WoT forums?
Do not use it. It`s a forbidden mod and you will get banned. Many live streamers who are using Warpack got banned instantly.

The mini map thingy is already there in the latest patch. You should turn it on in the game option menu.
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 07:28   Link #13122
VDZ

Quote:
Speaking of mods, what is this Warpack? Why is it some sort of a sore topic over the WoT forums?
It's a mod designed to give the user an as big advantage as possible over other players. Among other things, it replaces tank textures with colored indications of how thick armor is at each part of the tank. (I believe it may also include the 'falling tree' thing where you are notified whenever a tree falls anywhere even if you can't actually see it.) Due to the ridiculous advantage it gives to players it was explicitly banned by Wargaming and being caught using it (or similar mods) nets you a ban.

From the official post on banned mods (link contains visual examples):

Quote:
Modifications to the World of Tanks client (and other products) that provide an unfair advantage against other players will warrant a restriction upon the players account.

The type of restriction depends on the severity of the modification infraction.

* 3D-Skins with Display of Modules and Crew Positions
* Removal of trees, leaves and bushes or change transparency
* "Lens scope" modification that removes tree leaves and alters bush transparency around the aiming reticle.
* Script automated use of manually activated equipment. I.E. Automatic use of Manual Fire Extinguisher
* Modified Tracer Display (case-by-case basis)
* Free camera
* Laser Reticle (red line starting from the gun barrel)
* Mini Map modifications that passively provide information to the individual player without the use of active teamwork.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 20:04   Link #13123
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Grinding the US medium line at this time, and I'm getting closer to the Gates of Hell (unlocking the M3 Lee).

Any invaluable advice?

"...all that is left for us is to fight to our hearts' content."
Rokumonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 20:14   Link #13124
Gravitas Free Zone

Only make left turns if possible. The only way to really protect the hull from anything is to park the left side of it around a tall object or a building corner, exposing only the right side to shoot. Do not climb hills to shoot; you'll expose two-thirds of fat target before your gun clears cover.

Unless the matchmaker is being especially kind to you, don't frontline. The M3's reputation as being a POS will cause it to draw a lot of fire. The front hull is sloped enough to bounce some things, but not very many things in this day and age.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 20:25   Link #13125
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

So the Lee has two gunners. But what's the purpose of the other one if the tank can only use one gun?

I think WG should tweak this tank a little bit.

Old 2015-01-03, 20:50   Link #13126
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
So the Lee has two gunners. But what's the purpose of the other one if the tank can only use one gun?

I think WG should tweak this tank a little bit.
Despite the many liberties they've taken with historical details, it seems that WG at least tries to start with a configuration that matches historical use. So the Lee has a gunner for the 37mm that it doesn't use, unless they get multiple turrets working in the year 2101 or something.
Old 2015-01-03, 20:58   Link #13127
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

On the subject of the M3 I noticed WarThunder recently added its US tank line along with the likes of the M3 Lee and the Grant. Expect this time around both guns can be fired independently, pretty formidable too.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 21:20   Link #13128
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Despite the many liberties they've taken with historical details, it seems that WG at least tries to start with a configuration that matches historical use. So the Lee has a gunner for the 37mm that it doesn't use, unless they get multiple turrets working in the year 2101 or something.
What? You mean the 75mm howitzer's the functional one? It's practically a TD in that setup!

I think WG should modify this tank to dual gun use. It might drastically change it's reputation.

Old 2015-01-03, 23:11   Link #13129
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Ok so, you're in an E-25 with 200 hp left. Enemy is in FV304, has spotted you, and is playing super aggressive. What do you do? Try to break off and hide or try to outmaneuver him? Obviously I sucked and just died (it ended up not mattering though because he somehow managed to get himself killed in the end by our idiot 48%er TOG who was camping our base, possibly the most surprising victory I have come back to ever) and would like to have an idea what to do in the future.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 23:51   Link #13130
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
What? You mean the 75mm howitzer's the functional one? It's practically a TD in that setup!
Yep, when you get to the M3 Lee in the WoT tree, you basically get a taste of playing a fixed-gun TD, smack dab in the middle of the American medium tank tree. This is what part of what I meant when I said that you should only take left turns.

Also, the 37mm at Tier 4, seeing up to Tier 6 opponents, would be nearly useless anyway. It would be useful against the lower tiers though.

E-25 vs. FV304 scenario: What map? Given the chance I probably would have tried to break contact and come at it from a different angle, since the E-25 can outmaneuver the FV304 in a turn and there's a 50-meter view range advantage with everything else being equal. (I run the E-25 with optics; most SPG drivers do not.)
Old 2015-01-04, 03:54   Link #13131
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Grinding the US medium line at this time, and I'm getting closer to the Gates of Hell (unlocking the M3 Lee).

Any invaluable advice?
Take a look at this post of mine from way back, for an idea of the kind of firing positions you should ideally set up your M3 Lee in.

Sadly, with the advent of its Grant cousin and its 6pdr, the Lee is now truly borked in the Tier IV medium competition. Its main advantage was a better gun than its peers, and now it doesn't even have that.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 05:29   Link #13132
Pen3

Finally got the Riot and oh boy do i love this thing. Literally a super Comet with the Centurion 7/1's gun and i play it aggressively just like a medium.

First 2 games on the Riot.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 10:47   Link #13133
Desu
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

The double experience event started on SEA today and it is amazing. I managed to get the 60,000 XP I needed on my T32 in 24 games by somehow winning 23 of them. Prior to those 24 games I was sitting at 51% win rate on it. I'm not sure if it is due to the increased population during the event but it seemed like I was getting top tier far more frequently than normal.

Next up are two of my least favourite tanks, the Chi-Ri and the AMX M4 45. I really don't enjoy tanks that are both slow and have no armor.
Old 2015-01-04, 14:32   Link #13134
Gravitas Free Zone

I picked up two more Tier 10 mediums this weekend. Pity they're the ones that nobody gives any respect.

I have now completed everything in the USA tech tree except for SPGs, where I would need to bang my head against the wall for Tiers 8-10.
Old 2015-01-04, 22:40   Link #13135
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

So, my plan right now is to get to Tier V as fast as possible, and start grinding slow from there.

Is that a good strategy?

Old 2015-01-04, 23:01   Link #13136
Gravitas Free Zone

Tier 5 is a good place to learn; you see a wide variety of vehicles, details like angling start to really matter, the money is decent, and as someone described it somewhere, whether you win or lose at Tier 5 is entirely your responsibility.

But do spend some time working that tier. Get a commander trained in Sixth Sense, it really helps with learning about detection and general safety.

We all just want you to avoid being one of those people who rushes up to a high tier too fast (or buys a Tier 8 premium right off) and has absolutely no idea what they're doing.
Old 2015-01-05, 08:39   Link #13137
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

The M2 Medium's derp gun is awesome. Too bad I end up in Tier V battles most of the time, making it useless.

Anyways, what's the best gun for T-46?

Old 2015-01-05, 10:53   Link #13138
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I posted this on WoTLabs already but I figured I'd ask about it here too just in case as it is an issue that has truly confounded me and I feel like I could improve my win rate significantly if I could just resolve it:

Quote:
I have another concern that is slightly more specific but it also relates to the map flexibility I'd brought up so I figured I'd post it here rather than polluting the forums with another thread - I have noticed that I always have a ton of difficulty "finishing" games on certain maps while driving heavies, most notably Fisherman's Bay and Arctic Region. Like, there have been several games where my team has won the city / southeast brawling corner, then is summarily wiped out to the man by invisible TDs and Arty camping the enemy base when trying to advance further. Happens a lot on El Haluf too. Once the brawling area in the north is won, everyone advances toward the enemy side and is eaten by TDs and Arty before ever getting there.

Again I realize that this is also very context-sensitive, but in general, if I've won my side but the only path forward involves driving out in the open with no cover, what should I be doing from there? I can't really count on having a scout light up the TDs because getting one who doesn't suicide in the first couple minutes seems to be as rare as striking gold. Trying to coordinate a simultaneous push from the other flank to draw attention also seems borderline impossible in a solopub game. Hoping the enemies who have been sitting in a bush at their base for the entire game will mess up and be the first to act also seems unrealistic. These situations tend to seriously put me on tilt, as I'm just at a total loss, dead if I move, useless if I don't.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 11:41   Link #13139
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So this may not be directly related, but anyone here play WoWP? I just recently unlocked the A6M2 and enjoying the heck out of it. Graphics are superb on that puppy.

Too bad the actual thread has less than 20 posts

- Tak (Yes, I had reasons to be absent from WoT)

I am not to be held responsible for anything I said or did before coffee.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 12:01   Link #13140
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Emm... I only played WoWp during the both closed and open beta. Last time I played was to get those 5000 gold they gave to those who played 200 battles on a certain week (hard 'cause I only had 3 days to do that).

I've veen playing WT GF, however, the retarded RNG on that game is... well... retarded. (even more than WoT's).
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks