AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2016-11-27, 10:13   Link #41
kuromitsu

Hmm.... do you hear that scraping sound? The one that sounds like it's coming from a deep barrel?

Yeah....

(Like, I'm happy for fans and all, but... yeah. How about coming up with something original. Or just finding something new to adapt, I'm not picky.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 10:16   Link #42
Fairy Water

My body is ready for this XD
I hope more fighting involved than just Lelouch silently exploring stuff. I really like CG's mecha design after all.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 10:17   Link #43
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Hmm.... do you hear that scraping sound? The one that sounds like it's coming from a deep barrel?

Yeah....

(Like, I'm happy for fans and all, but... yeah. How about coming up with something original. Or just finding something new to adapt, I'm not picky.)
The only sound strong enough to combat that scraping sound, is the sound of "ka-ching!"

Though I would honest just be interested in seeing what they come up with.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 10:20   Link #44
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Now I pity Suzaku even more. Lelouch being alive was a popular theory but this announcement confirms it (does it?)
No it doesn't. They are using 復活 (rebirth, resurrection, revival) for a reason. He may have survived Zero Requiem, but this announcement does not confirm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Yes. That's part of popular theory saying he took his father code so he is immortal and will spend eternity with best girl.
I have never bought into that theory. Charles had the code on his hand until everything of him got erased by the World of C. Unlike V.V. who no longer had his code in his dying moments after Charles took it. I sure hope they won't bend around the story to fit the popular cart driver narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
If it is an anime, then great.

But you haven't watched much anime news if you think there aren't people who troll that hard....
Well, the key is simply, walk around JP sites, JP twitter and look for yourself what the actual info status instead of relying on some second-hand (English) anime sites. It is confirmed as an anime project.
Old 2016-11-27, 10:31   Link #45
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Like Akito?
Considering the buzz on Twitter, it's not like they're shoving this down their throats. There's actual hype for the return of Lelouch. The only thing that's yet to be seen is whether the hype is answered well by Sunrise.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 10:42   Link #46
Raxnom
気疲れ

Holy Damn... Color me surprised.
Old 2016-11-27, 10:59   Link #47
Wandering Soul

Not sure how to feel about this. It would be nice to have Lelouch back, but I don't feel that another season is really necessary.
Old 2016-11-27, 11:15   Link #48
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Season 3 should happen in difference time like 70 or 100 years after
making s3 right after s2 totally don't feel right it potentially will ruin the series, like how Boruto ruin Naruto series.
I honestly prefer sunrise make code geass spin off in alternate universe like Gundam franchise rather milk-off the main series.
Code geass Lelouch saga has proper ending, better not bother it.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 11:36   Link #49
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Season 3 should happen in difference time like 70 or 100 years after
making s3 right after s2 totally don't feel right it potentially will ruin the series, like how Boruto ruin Naruto series.
I honestly prefer sunrise make code geass spin off in alternate universe like Gundam franchise rather milk-off the main series.
Code geass Lelouch saga has proper ending, better not bother it.
From reading the article on ANN, the announcement said that it's supposed to take place "several years" after the Zero Requiem plan, so it won't take place directly after S2.

Also, they DID try to make a spin off of Code Geass. The problem was very few people cared.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 11:41   Link #50
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Yeah....

No....I hear instead a cow screeching in agony as her dried out udders are milked even harder
Old 2016-11-27, 12:22   Link #51
charles883

I have want thing to say

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 12:45   Link #52
Kurohane

Not sure if this would be better than a remake with the original ideas that were scrapped because of the split in seasons.
Old 2016-11-27, 13:53   Link #53
Eragon
Still Alive

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-11-27, 15:05   Link #54
IceHism

Based on the quality of mecha originals in the past years, I'd say making a sequel to an already established one is a lot better than making a new franchise entirely. It worked for fafner, and Gundam while shows like argevollen, regalia, and more just kind of flopped around. And at least that even if this show will end up being dumb, it will still be far more entertaining than most shows.

Also akito didn't pan out too well. So....
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 15:18   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

Yeah....

Honestly, I'm surprised it took them this long to make a sequel. It's been ten years, after all. Can't really talk about milking. All we got in the meantime was those Akito OVAs, and probably some spin-off manga nobody cared about.
Old 2016-11-27, 15:26   Link #56
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Honestly, I'm surprised it took them this long to make a sequel. It's been ten years, after all. Can't really talk about milking. All we got in the meantime was those Akito OVAs, and probably some spin-off manga nobody cared about.
3 mangas and 1 novel, actually
Old 2016-11-27, 16:06   Link #57
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I hope the new series uses 3D Knightmare Frames. They looked great in Akito.
Nah. I'd honestly prefer hand-drawn Knightmares over CG. Don't get me wrong, the fights in Akito were amazing, but I personally found the original art and animation for Knightmares to be of a much higher quality and better detailed compared to the CG of Akito. They also had a less generic feel to them.

And tbh, as great as the fights in Akito were, they still weren't enough to imprint an impression on me the way Guren's and Lancelot's many bouts over the course of the original anime did. The Akito fights were kinda forgettable imo, whereas the fights in the original anime were much more of a standout. I attribute this to the fact that the CG felt kinda generic and didn't feel as fresh because most mecha nowadays use CG for their action sequences.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 17:16   Link #58
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Uh, guys? As much as I'd welcome another Code Geass anime, you'd all better cool down your hype:

1. There have been many new "projects" announced for popular titles in recent years, and as I recall only two of them have turned out to be actual animes. (Card Captor Sakura and Full Metal Panic) All the other "projects" ended up being mobile games/pachinko/card games/spinoff novels/etc.

2. The very picture for the new project itself looks like nothing more than an ad for a mobile game or something along those lines. Nunally is still blind, Suzuku and Karen are in their old early season 1 outfits, you've got characters both dead and alive groom various Code Geass titles like Akito the Exiled, etc. It's like it's simply showcasing the characters from the CG universe you can get in the card/mobile game.

So don't get your hopes up too high yet, lest they come crashing back down to earth in a blazing inferno.
That's what I was thinking also until animelist put this up:

Quote:
At the Code Geass 10th anniversary event on Sunday, it was announced that the series will be receiving a new anime. Titled Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Revival), the new anime will take place a few years after the events of Zero Requiem. In addition, a three-part compilation film series of the previous Code Geass anime has been planned for January 2017. The voices will be redubbed for the movies, which will also include new scenes.

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch is an original anime series produced by Sunrise, directed by Gorou Taniguchi with original character designs by manga artist group CLAMP, which aired in 25 episodes between October 2006 and July 2007. A sequel titled Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 was subsequently developed due to the immense popularity of the first season, also airing in 25 episodes between April 2008 and September 2008. An OVA Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland was released in July 2012. A spin-off movie series titled Boukoku no Akito was announced in April 2010, which screened in 5 parts from July 2012 to February 2016. The series was initially licensed by Bandai Entertainment for North American distribution before FUNimation re-licensed it in August 2013.

Official site: http://geass.jp/lelouch_10th/
It is a new anime series with a few movies.
I have this sinking feeling that I'm going to be owing some Cart-Driver theory folks an apology.
Old 2016-11-27, 18:52   Link #59
AB079
Banned

JINBUNNNWOOOOOOOOOO!

Okay so what is this, a sequel or something completely new? (I dont want to watch something without lelouch tbh)

Cuz you know...
Spoiler for ??:

Edit: hmmmm so sequel... that sounds good but why it took it so long Snake?

Last edited by AB079; 2016-11-27 at 19:05.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 18:53   Link #60
Fairy Water

Well yeah except u haven't read the news carefully, it's pretty obvious why this thread exists.
Anyway, Akito is boring af.

It would be super hard to create sth original as a franchise since Lelouch's shadow over the series is too enormous. Seriously, how many fan would watch Akito if it's not because Sunrise teased that Spinzaku and Jun Fukuyama joined the spinoff? Continue with a sequel is not bad for making money over fan wallets either.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote