AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2018-09-18, 20:38   Link #5681
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Is it necessary to watch the entirety of the second season for Alicization? Only watched the GGO arc back when it aired, not the part of Mother Rosario.
I've heard that the books themselves are mostly self-contained. There is no grand plot going on that connects everything and the arcs loosely related in that they are sequential and some characters and things might be reference or reappear. Otherwise it Krito goes through VRMMOs and has fun or not. So SAO S1 is the only one you really need to have seen as most of core cast appears there and basics of it's universal is established there.

Personally I hadn't even finished the first season until recently since dropping it halfway nearly a decade ago. I've only picked it back up due to urging of some friends and becasue GGO: Alternative gainer some good will towards the franchise for me. I don't know how much better the writing will be but I'm willing to give Alicization a chance for a bit at least.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-19, 01:16   Link #5682
RDNexus

I don't quite agree with you. While each arc may seem self-contained, they actually give a bit more to the overall plot of the story.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 14:22   Link #5683
AP24

Looks like Yuuna's father will appear in Alicization anime. He's not originally in the LN or WN and I thought he would be in the movie only. So I wonder how much role he will have in the anime?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 22:32   Link #5684
alex_drian

Someone please tell me a summary detailed of this arc please, because for time and a lack of interest and time (and not having watched well the last 2 seasons of anime) I think I'll pass on this, even if it seems more interesting.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 13:55   Link #5685
Hikaru8

Volume 21 to get released on this december, hopefully we will start to see a new game and new designs for our characters, and also this is getting colser to its end.
Hikaru8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-27, 14:20   Link #5686
RDNexus

Excuse me for asking this, but...were Kirito and Eugeo's Valets still raped in the LN? It seems they were in the WN...
Old 2018-10-27, 19:29   Link #5687
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

No. They were gonna be and the scumbags waited for Eugeo to see them do it and him not be able to do anything about it since it was on the pretense of punishment for the girls which makes it within the rules. It didn't happen because of Eugeo overcoming the rules at the cost of his eye.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-28, 03:11   Link #5688
RDNexus

Oh, thank goodness. That one always weighted heavily on my mind. And I never remembered of coming here to get such weight lifted
Old 2018-10-30, 18:53   Link #5689
ginger02

Seeing the new season reminds me I still need to read the 2nd volume of the Alicization arc, the one with Asuna on the boat. The info dump got a little boring but it seems helpful to read the story and then see it all fleshed out. Story may make more sense too. I don't know how far they are going into the show so I don't know when they will reach the 2nd volume, seems soon though.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-30, 19:00   Link #5690
RDNexus

Alicization v02 adaptation begins in this week's episode.
So yeah, time to see Asuna rocking the boat, it seems
Old 2018-11-09, 00:30   Link #5691
l.kostas

https://dengekibunko.jp/product/sao/321808000015.html
google translate:
Kirito, Asuna, Alice challenge Survival MMO "Unital Ring"!

Kirito and Asuna, and a mysterious game where Alice suddenly got involved. That name is "Unital Ring". The harsh "survival MMO" begins in the new world where all the VRMMOs built with "The Seed" program merged!
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-11, 03:09   Link #5692
Zangor17

google translate always misses a bunch of info. but even with just whats here it sounds like its gonna be an interesting story. looking forward to the spoilers and pictures from the novel once its out. Great time to be a fan of the series.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 02:43   Link #5693
l.kostas

Volume 21 cover
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 10:03   Link #5694
Nathanhale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's some pretty biased interpretation but to each their own I guess. Just don't come crying when the next arc is nothing but love triangle shenanigans with a 3P end.

LOL. Like every your comments about OS, Kirito's feelings and Alice?

Anyway, come on!
Stop to live in your own world of fantasies and grow up! We know how this series will end from the start!
Nathanhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 19:51   Link #5695
bakato

No one's gonna talk about Alice growing cat ears?
Old 2018-11-24, 20:30   Link #5696
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
No one's gonna talk about Alice growing cat ears?
All things considered, that's the least weird thing that can happen...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 21:12   Link #5697
zztop

*Not sure if my post is relevant to this thread; if it's not please advise and feel free to move elsewhere.*

SAO's LN editor, Miki Kazuma, is currently seeking new writers to specifically create SAO spinoff content covering anime, games and novels.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...riters/.139809

Some commenters are concerned whether this is a plot by Miki to undermine Kawahara's control (as original creator) over a larger portion of the SAO franchise.

Because this future content is not made by Kawahara himself, but writers under Miki's control, the fear is that Miki can use the excuse of "you can't lose what you don't create directly" to assert the IP rights and cash flow from these spinoffs flow directly to him (and the publisher) over Kawahara (thus shutting him out from what should be rightfully his).

Of course, they're also hoping this is being done in good faith to ease Kawahara's burden of simultaneously overseeing the franchise and continuing his LN career with SAO, Accel World and The Isolator.

What is everyone's opinion on this?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 03:37   Link #5698
RDNexus

I sure hope it's more of a Co-Op in good faith rather than a ploy. However, given how SAO is going so strongly, and how companies usually work in the shadows...
Old 2018-11-25, 05:58   Link #5699
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I sure hope it's more of a Co-Op in good faith rather than a ploy. However, given how SAO is going so strongly, and how companies usually work in the shadows...
- ...and the fact that there is absolutely no shortage of people who claim they can write SAO way better than Kawahara...so I don't think there's going to be any shortage of applicants...

* And just to clarify, there is a big difference between thinking Kawahara is not a good writer and thinking your fanfic is better writing than an actual published author.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 06:26   Link #5700
RDNexus

True Story. Only when the moment of truth comes up, may those folks see if they can really do it or not.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality