AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-02-02, 20:18   Link #21
Kimiri

I love Noe shes so cute :P and different. Hiromi in my mind is sooo fake. I hate that she faked that she wanted to be Noe's friend
Kimiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 03:32   Link #22
Khaos

Arrow

Hiromi is so desperate, I rather feel sorry for her.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 03:56   Link #23
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I kinda agree. Right now, I'm obviously liking Noe more because of her cuteness randomness factor, but I really feel sorry for Hiromi. And then they're Aiko and her problems, which for some reason got to me too. Pretty much one of these three would have to piss me off really badly for me to decisively pick a character to cheer for.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 23:03   Link #24
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Noe is mai imouto. I isn't sharing
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 00:34   Link #25
jaisrh

I gotta admit Noe seemed awfully cute to me for a few episodes. Then I got to wondering if she'll ever outgrow that eccentricity as it would be out of place and no longer cute once she gets older. Cute eccentricity now would look just plain weird once she gets past her teens.
jaisrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 21:33   Link #26
johann_023
high skooler :P

noe probally know more that what she appears to be :P
johann_023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 23:27   Link #27
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Damn, she's still way too cute.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 09:36   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Noe can wear my belt anyday.
Old 2008-02-11, 22:33   Link #29
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Noe's role feels as if it has diminished over the past couple of episodes. I'd like to see more of her, especially as the wisdom-bearer, rather than just the flake (wonderful as that flakiness is). I think we're going to see her falling apart a bit, as Shin has distanced himself. Jun realizes that she is on a knife-edge, and needs someone -- Shinichiro -- to help her stay out of the pit. Her cheerfulness is feeling forced right now (after ep6). But the belt dance was wonderful.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-02-11 at 23:01.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 22:43   Link #30
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisrh View Post
I gotta admit Noe seemed awfully cute to me for a few episodes. Then I got to wondering if she'll ever outgrow that eccentricity as it would be out of place and no longer cute once she gets older. Cute eccentricity now would look just plain weird once she gets past her teens.
Evidence seems to imply that she can; she has already shown she can drop her act and engage in serious talk when necessary. Her keen insight and her grounded relationship with her brother are two more pluses in my book.

Then again, maybe I'm just biased because I knew a Hiromi-type and and a Noe-type in my past. The Hiromi-type crashed and burned while the Noe-type panned out.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 06:57   Link #31
Shinbou
Ka-na-me...^^

Send a message via MSN to Shinbou
Noe is my fav character to. Infact i even made so much screenshots of her of all episodes i have a whole collection >.<. Shes silly, cute and just herself. I like the bits i heard about her childhood to. The part where she says she gave her tears to heaven and that she didnt cry until then. I think shes a strong girl for doing that but i don't know if its right to never cry. Altought i really like her =).
Shinbou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 22:37   Link #32
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Noe is more or less carrying the show for me at this point. Hiromi and Ai just don't really capture my interest at all, but I'm really quite amused by Noe. Which is odd; before watching the show, I thought either Hiromi or Ai would be my favorite, but both have disappointed me whereas Noe has surpassed expectations. Excellent.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 18:35   Link #33
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

To carry over something I noticed in ep 7:

It's been implied for a long time, but with ep 7 it became more clear that Noe is the most immature of all the girls.

Spoiler for ep 7:
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 09:52   Link #34
greyhawk
Some dude

The first time Noe appeared in the show I knew she'd gotta be teh win. I don't think I would've ever watched True Tears without her.
I firmly believe we'll be able to see more of her character development (although she's perfect as she is now, uber kawaii)
greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 00:32   Link #35
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
To carry over something I noticed in ep 7:

It's been implied for a long time, but with ep 7 it became more clear that Noe is the most immature of all the girls.

Spoiler for ep 7:
Completely agree, but you know what? That's what I like about her. At first it was because of how silly and cute she was, but now it's that other side of her I'm being drawn towards.

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 14:17   Link #36
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

You can say "immature," but you can also say "innocent and natural." Almost everyone else is hiding things and not expressing themselves, but she accepts her own feelings and lets them out, when she recognizes them.

There is something about her character design that makes me think she may be ill. Maybe it's the eyes, and/or the messy hair. Or the fact she seems young for her age, both mentally and physically. Might Jun be setting her up with Shin because he knows she has a limited time left to experience these things? Just a (horrible) thought.

I was just rewatching early episodes (highly recommended) and noticed again the scene where Shin is thinking about Hiromi's tears and hoping an angel will show up to take them away. Then he has a vision of Noe, seen from above her in the tree -- before he has ever met her in real life. This shows a fated connection between them, but whether it is as a romantic partner or just as the angel that wipes away Hiromi's tears, I'm not sure.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-02-20 at 16:03.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 14:49   Link #37
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Natural is a good word to describe Noe's character. Unlike the others, she can carry that tag with pride as she is the only one who is true to her feelings. While everyone else has a "darkish" side, what you see is what you get from Noe. This may make her look childish but at least she does it in a "not so annoying" way

That, we see need to know more about her complex feelings which just makes it just as interesting as her innocence. Just what will he do with those tears where she recieves them...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 08:38   Link #38
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

We need a big switch around in this show.

I don't want to see some big hearted noe casting away her love.
She deserves to embrace it demmit!
Old 2008-03-12, 03:20   Link #39
DanielSong39

We need a big turnaround in SHIN before such a thing is possible.

He has proven that he is utterly unworthy of Noe and has a long way to go before such a relationship is even remotely possible.

But I'm glad that she has proven herself to be infinitely superior to Hiromi. At least you'll get some openness and honesty from her; you can't say the same thing about a certain other person...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 09:40   Link #40
Westlo
Lets be reality

Seeing you put down Hiromi is like reading a Kobe Byrant fan putting down Michael Jordan, highly amusing. Facts and logic get thrown out the window in a desperate attempt to prove the superiority of your favorite. It's like who cares if Hiromi and Shin have been talking normally lately, who cares if she was open and honest last episode, if I keep saying otherwise enough times I'll end up being right!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote