Cierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 16:50   Link #402
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Look Better IMO ...the text and the BG color fit and look brighter
Good work escimo
Thanks. The original failed quite hard so improving it wasn't really that hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
lovely sig! The face reminds of a singer i like
Thanks.

A small update.

A few freebies.

And since I had some time on my hands, since Eps~ went AWOL on me putting the current E2 production on hold, I made a few requests. Might even do more if the damn b*****d doesn't show up anytime soon. :insert fist shaking smiley here:

Airi:

Wind_Falcon:

SweetHoney:

Damn photos are hard to work with...

Last edited by escimo; 2009-03-17 at 04:51.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 17:52   Link #403
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
And since I had some time on my hands, since Eps~ went AWOL on me putting the current E2 production on hold, I made a few requests. Might even do more if the damn b*****d doesn't show up anytime soon. :insert fist shaking smiley here:
We could always spam his profile. : O !

Pink Tako invasion.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 06:29   Link #404
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
SweetHoney:

Damn photos are hard to work with...
I love this one...Nice work on it ^__^
Old 2009-03-18, 23:20   Link #405
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Hmmm... had you noticed that you and me had gone very equal in terms of achieving reputation boxes?

It's kinda funny XD
Old 2009-03-19, 16:52   Link #406
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Hmmm... had you noticed that you and me had gone very equal in terms of achieving reputation boxes?

It's kinda funny XD
My evil twin Eps~ has been a good third wheel in that as well though he's been a bit busy lazy lately. But yeah...

On a different note.
Anniversary. Yay!

It's been a year today since I registered. So I think a bit of a recap is in order.
This also marks a personal record for me. This is the longest time I've remained active on any public forum, on which I haven't been a member the staff. (though that probably tells more about me than the forums I've left after a few months)

Starting with the history bit.

Came across Animesuki while googling for information about by then unnamed sequel to Aria OVA. So my first contact to the forums was around August or September 2007. At which point I became a semi adamant lurker. Back then I spent most of my time browsing through Fansubbed and Unaired sections just looking for things to watch. Took a good half a year before I registered and that was done purely on a whim.

Two weeks or so later started browsing through the Fan Creations section and was quite amazed and intrigued by the artwork posted in here. I had done my fair bit of graphics before coming here but actually nothing even remotely alike signatures. So I thought what a heck, I'll give it a go. Chose SotM as my medium for coming out of the sig making closet and surprisingly got a few votes on my first go. Found these curious little pictures an interesting challenge so I kept on making them and the rest as they say is history.

I was also very glad and excited to find a handful of other members that shared my passion for photography and thanks to the Social Groups that May 08 software upgrade gave us we now have our small community within community. Going a bit slow at the moment sorry to say but then again it's a subject not very related to the forums in the first place.

So to sum up. What keeps me (a habit forums deserter) coming back here? The people, definitely. All of you. Even though some drama has fitted in the year I've been a member of this community, if I had to summarize you lot here in Fan Creations in one word it would probably be harmonious. Finding a group of people this large that always seem to be able to avoid bickering and fighting is really really hard. And all of you have been able to make me feel right at home. You also have my gratitude for all the advice, comments and criticism on my work. It has helped a lot. Just browsing through my opening post and the improvement is very apparent. That's all thanks to you guys.

So a big thanks to all of you for the past year and I'm hoping to spend many more as part of this wonderful community.

Now a bit of an update. Which is not really one but I think I'll post these here as well.

E2 Productions SotM Promo Video.
720p (H264/AAC)
480p (H264/AAC)

Now a bit of history on this one as well. Because some have been wondering how the ... did I come up with an idea of making a promo video. The truth is I kind of didn't or rather it wasn't the original idea. I just got quite epically carried away. Where this whole thing started was an idea for an animated sig. However at faírly early stage I realized that it was never going to be possible within the 50kB limit, so as the idea seemed sort of fitting I thought I'd make a SotM banner. At that point I had already got a bit carried away on what I was thinking of doing so after doing some maths I figured that nobody wants to download a 1-2MB gif every time they open the thread. Thus it became a video which was actually rather fun since now there was really no technical limitations.

I was and actually have been for a while struggling a bit with sig ideas so recruited Eps~ to do the signature graphics. And boy did he ever deliver. Especialy considering the specs I gave him. Honestly how would you feel about designing a sig with no more, no less than 8 layers, all in normal blending mode and no adjustment layers. I would probably have said GTFO right out off the bat.

So did the modelling (yeah right 9 squares), animation of roughly the first half in 3D Studio MAX, the rest frame by frame in Photoshop and stitched the whole thing together in Premiere slapped bit of an old tracker song mine as a background music and hey presto.

Boy this ended up one long post.
Old 2009-03-19, 17:03   Link #407
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

Its great to have you here
I've enjoyed all of your works! Especially the photographs. hope you stick around for another year with more photographs and more siggys

The promotional video was awesome! Great work!
Avantoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:46   Link #408
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Awww, what can I say escimo? Your thanks and heartfelt happiness to be here are touching and.....
*hugs you!*
You really have improved, and I love looking at the photographs you post (though I don't always say something).
I also always enjoy seeing what you and Eps~ come up with together, your teamwork churns out great projects! I love the vid ^_^

Happy anniversary!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 18:13   Link #409
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

*whipes tears*

What a great speech. Have another jolly good year.

Escimoo for president!
Old 2009-03-19, 22:03   Link #410
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I also ignored Fan Creations big time as a newbie here. (more than a year in my case), but I also think that this place is the best thing Animesuki has to offer!

Here's hoping for another good year!
Old 2009-03-22, 08:50   Link #411
escimo
Paparazzi

Thanks guys.

A small update:

A few freebie sigs.

And a couple of photos. One old and a few new.

Spoiler for size:
Old 2009-03-22, 09:32   Link #412
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
This is... great! I love the contrast between the cat and the snow, and it looks so clean at the same time. Ill snatch it as desktop pic xD Keep up the great photos!
Avantoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 15:56   Link #413
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
Still as talented as always. Death the Kid has been taken to a whole new level of hardcoreness thanks to you. Oh, and your avatar is EPIC!
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 11:22   Link #414
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantoe View Post
This is... great! I love the contrast between the cat and the snow, and it looks so clean at the same time. Ill snatch it as desktop pic xD Keep up the great photos!
Thanks. Go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv23 View Post
Still as talented as always. Death the Kid has been taken to a whole new level of hardcoreness thanks to you. Oh, and your avatar is EPIC!
Thanks.

A few freebie sigs. I'm a bit lost with C4Ds to be honest.

Old 2009-03-26, 07:25   Link #415
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Must say I like this one!

But this is still better:

Old 2009-03-26, 16:29   Link #416
escimo
Paparazzi

Thanks.

Not using it anymore though.

For a change tried to put some thought and effort to a sig and I think it actually shows. I'm quite happy with it.

Old 2009-03-26, 17:18   Link #417
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Thanks.

Not using it anymore though.

For a change tried to put some thought and effort to a sig and I think it actually shows. I'm quite happy with it.

Awesome!
Old 2009-03-26, 21:46   Link #418
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
What,
You are saying than you didn't put thought and effort on your previous sigs and yet, you managet to get such result ? Exept the ''Yes we can'' sig, I didn't see much flaw on your sigs.
Old 2009-03-27, 03:39   Link #419
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Awesome!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
What,
You are saying than you didn't put thought and effort on your previous sigs and yet, you managet to get such result ? Exept the ''Yes we can'' sig, I didn't see much flaw on your sigs.
Well... Not as much as they would have needed. Have been struggling for inspiration a bit lately and in many of my recent sigs the creative process has been somewhat following.
Take a lump of everything, throw them into a foodblender, press ON, be displeased to some extent with the result, don't bother to do anything about it.
Especially the fractal sigs have ended up being a huge mess.
Did the latest one a bit differently. I usually start with a render and try then to do something about the background. This time I did the background first and then looked for a render I thought would fit.
Old 2009-03-27, 03:56   Link #420
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

This "backwards" approach worked well. I like it.