AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-31, 16:09   Link #15841
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I would, but I thought a casual day out would fit better with Athena's current atmosphere.

I appreciate the suggestion though.

-I can't believe I actually stayed up so late, I think imma get some sleep for a bit-

But before sleep...

Here's a scene

Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2011-12-31, 19:04   Link #15842
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'll update Vandam when I can... Right now, I'm just enjoying the last bits of my vacation. It's going to be a long year...
Old 2011-12-31, 20:14   Link #15843
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: So the engineer can accelerate to third year even though her IS piloting skills are pretty bad?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 20:21   Link #15844
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

WTF I missed the Happy new year exclamation!

That aside, Blitz is the True Emperor of madness....

Spoiler for Grimdark:

I hereby bow to the dark side.
Old 2011-12-31, 20:28   Link #15845
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*scratches head* why not just break the arm? preferably both.
Old 2011-12-31, 20:32   Link #15846
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

It's new year now, and you people are still talking about this XD
Old 2011-12-31, 20:33   Link #15847
demino_hellsin
That one guy

breaking arms?
Old 2011-12-31, 20:35   Link #15848
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
... it's just a demonstration of "Nice guy no more"

(The again Ichika is going to break the NECK if Dan and Rin don't stop him there)

@Yachi
Well some of us prefer make things dark and edgy

EDIT: Yachi refer to us logging in in the first day of the new year LOL.
Old 2011-12-31, 20:39   Link #15849
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I dunno, I would've liked to see the bone break and rip out of the skin
Old 2011-12-31, 20:44   Link #15850
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Go ahead if you want to write it, I'm not responsible for that, period.

Ichika is the Atoner here....borderline Karma Houdini even, still I'm not going to make him crazy sadistic murderer.
Old 2011-12-31, 20:46   Link #15851
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Too lazy to write. I don't do well with character interactions.

EDIT: How bad are the complications of an unclean break in the bones? As in fragments are scattered inside the body.
Old 2011-12-31, 20:57   Link #15852
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Can cause muscular and vascular rupture. Risk of infection, necrosis and all weird stuff ended with amputation.

Hence the reason of urgent correction and fragment removal surgery.
Old 2011-12-31, 21:35   Link #15853
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Partial. Not anywhere near done.

...not helped by the fact that I snuck a look at the latest issue of the Gunslinger Girl manga in order to gain inspiration for writing more of [Ren]'s storyline and was racked by further depression.
Spoiler for Gunslinger Girl-related, not IS-related:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

July 3

There was just enough evidence to make it stick, Haruko thought as she confirmed her information. Alone again in the apartment, she was finishing up her report on the recent incident.

The man whom [Ren] had cornered had been put under arrest on illegal firearms possession charges, a moderate offence under Japanese law. Kokuto had found the man had a previous history of stalking female students, despite never being convicted.

What bothered her was [Ren]’s unwillingness to share any information about the matter. There were no file records or notes left about the matter, and Kokuto was unable to find any record of [Ren] ordering a dozen tracing chips from Johohonbu HQ. If [Ren] was keeping track of what happened, Haruko was unable to find it on the computer they shared.

The door opened and closed, prompting the analyst to watch [Ren] enter the apartment. The girl seemed to betray no emotion at all as she entered wordlessly, tossing her baseball cap and jacket aside as she dropped onto her bed.

Haruko kept her awkward silence for a moment. There were plenty of questions she needed to ask, but she was sure none of them would be answered. At least, not with a straight face.

“I’ve ordered a bunk bed.” Kokuto blurted out, the words falling clumsily from her lips. “You can’t make me sleep on the floor for the rest of this assignment, you know.”

[Ren] did not seem to care. “Do whatever you want. It’s HQ’s money.”

“I want the bottom bunk.” Haruko paused only a second to wait, for a response that never came. She continued to explain her reasons, regardless of whether her partner cared to know. “And a proper table, too. You can’t expect me to eat or read at this tiny desk.”

[Ren] still gave no response. Haruko could see he girl’s eyes were open, even though she lay on the bed as if sleeping. She wondered if [Ren] slept like a snake did, with her eyes open the whole time. The analyst then tried another angle of conversation.

“About that guy you cornered? They managed to get the firearms charge to stick.”

“Spit it out.” [Ren] impatiently replied, suddenly sitting bolt upright on the bed. The eyes fixed onto Kokuto like a viper ready to strike. “What are you REALLY asking me?”

And there we have it. Kokuto bit her tongue, mainly to keep from speaking her immediate thoughts aloud. There weren’t many questions to ask, but she decided on the one that bothered her the most. “Orimura Ichika. Why are you so fixated on him?”

[Ren] did not respond, other than looking away. A few seconds passed before Haruko realised that it was an affirmative response.

“You’ve met him before, haven’t you?”

“Aren’t you a genius.” [Ren] still did not look at her. For the first time since they’d met, Haruko found her partner trying to avoid her gaze. Like how a snake avoided the gaze of one superior to it. “There are things you don’t need to know.”

“I’m supposed to be your support. I can’t support you if you’re not level with me.”

[Ren] took her time in answering. “You’re treading dangerous ground.”

“Bite me.” To the best of Haruko’s knowledge, they were not to make personal contact with Orimura in any way. The whole point of the assignment was to protect that individual from threats most people were blissfully unaware of. “When did meet him?”

“Before I joined the Johohonbu.”
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 22:40   Link #15854
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@age: So the engineer can accelerate to third year even though her IS piloting skills are pretty bad?
Not accelerate but seriously I believe that it is still possible to progress to 3rd year from 2nd year as part of the Maintenance Branch.

Edit: Maintenance Branch can be taken from 2nd year onwards....

Don't forget: They need to study the entire manual of IS(which they usually do, unlike Ichika) before they can enter ISA.... and I think they still need to take an entrance exam before they could enter IS....(Ichika is an exception because he is the only male pilot)

which means their knowledge on IS are at least decent enough to learn how to do maintenance on IS....

Probably the first year is the "sorting" year where they try to separate those who are good at piloting and those who aren't, to save time (on training those with poor piloting) and number of IS (less pilots means more time for better pilots to train)
Old 2011-12-31, 22:47   Link #15855
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@Age
Hmm.... I could already saw where is this going. This also virtually blocked "Male I.S. Engineer" Route. Damn.

Could you think a scenario that such route is possible even with this class-branching stuff? Fanon is okay, I need it.
Old 2011-12-31, 22:57   Link #15856
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Two possibility:

1. Somebody who is already in Engineering Department before the IS is introduced (Cite as having more experience)

2. An IS engineer Before the first batch of graduates from Maintenance branch.....(Maintenance branch could be recent thing which begins a year or two before Ichika enter ISA...)

Edit: *(For the second one, it is due to not having any female IS engineer yet.)

MOAR Edit: Either way, the Engineer had to be experienced enough to stay in employment....
Old 2011-12-31, 23:03   Link #15857
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well, IMO, engineers don't really need to be able to pilot an IS. All they need is a someone who's willing relay to them how an IS works, what can be done to improve/change its capabilities/specs.

If someone really would like to see a male IS engineer, they can pretty much make it such that he only does maintenance but cannot pilot it.

The only combat value that would have for the male engineer is that he will know just about every weakness/notable strengths the particular IS unit has.

Also Zero, how does my arcade draft look?
Old 2011-12-31, 23:08   Link #15858
agetreme
Just another Idiot

*Cough*gender discrimination*cough*

The unable to pilot is an excuse why female are hired instead of male...

And plus: HOW in the world is the male is going to learn about something as advance as IS when they don't teach them in normal school?

Edit: By something, I means the basic of IS operation and maintaince....
Old 2011-12-31, 23:15   Link #15859
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

The learning part could probably subverted if there's someone kind enough to teach them voluntarily. Doesn't have to be in school where they learn stuffs, right?

The only thing that irks me is the gender discrimination part, but I suppose I can understand that.

Not that I'm planning any male engineers story... yet.
Old 2011-12-31, 23:19   Link #15860
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I dunno, I would've liked to see the bone break and rip out of the skin
Zero is just revealing my personal "touch" to things.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest