AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-23, 11:38   Link #221
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
This has given me an idea for a sort of Jormungand/Upotte crossover parody fic. Basically, at somepoint in his career, Jonah gets his hands on the Upotte manga. He is mildly amused by the portrayal of his weapon, but is not all that impressed. However, soon after, possibly due to a head injury sustained in battle, Jonah starts seeing Funco following him around whenever he is carrying his rifle. Now, Jonah has to live with a tsun/yandere antropomorphism of his rifle. Examples of scenes for this fic which I will probably never get around to writing include Jonah's FNC jamming or misfiring whenever Funco gets angry at him, Funco getting jealous and taking shots at Jonah whenever he uses a different gun, and Jonah keeping his weapon next to him in his sleep... only to find Funco lying next to him!

This story... it must be written for GREATEST JUSTICE

Episode 3 was quite merciless towards L85, really laying her weaknesses thick there. At the least though, she garnered the sympathy of the SMG's

Need more EDUTAINMENT

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 11:51   Link #222
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Heh. There's a mistake with Crunchyroll - or at lease Horrible's - subs: Australia is credited as developing the Steyr AUG, when the narrator says Austria. Which is correct.

Well, I suppose it's half right when one considers the Australians make their own licensed clone, the F88 Austeyr (which is superior to Malaysia's licensed Steyr copy) and are using it as a base for their version of Land Warrior.

And yes, HK53's intro was not as funny as in the 4-koma manga. And MP5 is so cute and a loli version of Jisuri - which is to be expected, as the MP5 is essentially a G3 in 9mm, reduced to SMG size.

Also, 16 washing herself so much? That has to be a stealth reference to the M16 family's problems with jamming when dirty, particularly in Iraq and Afghanistan, where the mantra is "Clean clean clean!"

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 11:57   Link #223
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post

also, Cosmic... bullpups aren't all that bad... except for that really awkward FAMAS with it's hueg ass carrying handle.

Japan... HK will be proud knowing that their guns are pretty cute here....
I acknowledge the advantages of bullpups in urban areas....but to actually use one....no, unless the other weapon is really an inferior choice.

G3 should become Heckler and Koch's poster girl...
Old 2012-04-23, 11:59   Link #224
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

One disadvantage of bullpups, so I've read, with regard to the L85 and SAR-21, is that a left-handed user must learn to shoot right-handed - unless they want hot brass flying into their faces all the time.

It's not so bad with a conventional layout weapon because the brass is ejecting away in front of you, so you could shoot left handed.

And yes, I totally agree that G3 should be H&K's poster girl.

While Elle's story is a bit sad, this line cracks me up: "Truly, a feat made possible only by the stubbornness and dogged determination of the British people!"

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-04-23, 12:18   Link #225
chaos_animagic

ep 3 made me aroused... at guns in more ways than one... (I wonder how "guns" feel)

Need good hands to handle Guns... yes...
Spoiler for Good With Hands:

PS: this episode cleared my question previously...

Guess Submachine Guns are the Lolis... LOL

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2012-04-23 at 12:38.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 13:59   Link #226
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Guess Submachine Guns are the Lolis... LOL
Except for Thompson. I guess the best way to settle this is to find out what AK-47 and 74 look like.

Also, weren't there boys at the school in episode 2? What are they, pump-action shotguns?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 15:58   Link #227
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Check the manga thread since we were talking about it here.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 22:38   Link #228
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
ep 3 made me aroused... at guns in more ways than one... (I wonder how "guns" feel)

Need good hands to handle Guns... yes...
Spoiler for Good With Hands:

Poor little one.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 00:29   Link #229
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Indeed. Wait 'till the jungle wargames come.

I wonder if they'll be able to animate SAKO's crazy tendencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Heh. There's a mistake with Crunchyroll - or at lease Horrible's - subs: Australia is credited as developing the Steyr AUG, when the narrator says Austria. Which is correct.
Commie's subs also have that mistake...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2012-04-24 at 00:41.
Old 2012-04-24, 03:23   Link #230
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Indeed. Wait 'till the jungle wargames come.

I wonder if they'll be able to animate SAKO's crazy tendencies.

I saw and read the manga scans about that part and... it was more explicit than HOTD's implied catchphrase. I can't wait to see how it will be done.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 04:05   Link #231
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I doubt it'll be done; in the manga, during the mock battle with the elder sisters, a stray round from M14 goes through Elle's skirt, causing her to fall to her knees and wet herself; anime ommitted the fluids.

Still, ya never know - maybe it's in the dvds.

Also... Thompson-sensei and Fujiko-sensei have definately aged well, compared to Garand-sensei, who's younger than them Then again Garand-sensei looks to be an expy of R. Lee Emrey, aka Gunny Hartmann.

... right, I'm not sure how that whole "This is your rifle, love it" thing is going to turn out when the girls are the rifles. ^^;;

Edit: Also, the Rifleman's Creed gets a bit more interesting of you recite it while thinking of the girls.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-04-24, 04:38   Link #232
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Commie's subs also have that mistake...
The original manga sort of was responsible; it talks about how the Steyr is used and made in Australia, which is technically true. It just wasn't invented there.
Old 2012-04-24, 05:02   Link #233
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Not to mention that the Australians make their own licensed copy, the F88 Austyer.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-04-24, 06:09   Link #234
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

This story... it must be written for GREATEST JUSTICE

Episode 3 was quite merciless towards L85, really laying her weaknesses thick there. At the least though, she garnered the sympathy of the SMG's

Need more EDUTAINMENT
you wanted to mean THIS?
Spoiler for Jonah with FN FNC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I acknowledge the advantages of bullpups in urban areas....but to actually use one....no, unless the other weapon is really an inferior choice.

G3 should become Heckler and Koch's poster girl...
the time I used the AUG was a bit new during the first time I used one, but for preferences, the standard configuration still stands amongst soldiers and shooters worldwide.

inb4 H&K's top guys see the depiction of their firearm and agree to put her alongside her real counterpart to promote moar sales.

Quote:
One disadvantage of bullpups, so I've read, with regard to the L85 and SAR-21, is that a left-handed user must learn to shoot right-handed - unless they want hot brass flying into their faces all the time.

It's not so bad with a conventional layout weapon because the brass is ejecting away in front of you, so you could shoot left handed.

And yes, I totally agree that G3 should be H&K's poster girl.

While Elle's story is a bit sad, this line cracks me up: "Truly, a feat made possible only by the stubbornness and dogged determination of the British people!"
as for the bullpups, tell that to FN Herstal as they just made a bullpup that can POSSIBLY be ambidextrous... ze F2000... sadly, I hear they 'triple feed(?)' at times and the default red dot scope is hated (need moar proof).

as for Elle... I thought she'd be the A2 right now...
Old 2012-04-24, 07:18   Link #235
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*shrug* So I've read, it was a problem with the L85 and SAR-21. Dunno about the F2000.

Default computerised reflex sight on the F2000 wasn't really that great, so I've heard, which is why the current model of F2000 comes default with iron sights and Picatinny rail.

Edit: That pic of Jonah and FNC reminds me of a US Army cadence, part of which went, "Cindy, Cindy, Cindy Lou; Love my rifle more than you. Used to be my beauty queen; now I love my M-16."

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2012-04-24 at 10:20.
Old 2012-04-24, 16:29   Link #236
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
I doubt it'll be done; in the manga, during the mock battle with the elder sisters, a stray round from M14 goes through Elle's skirt, causing her to fall to her knees and wet herself; anime ommitted the fluids.

Still, ya never know - maybe it's in the dvds.
Yep. Only way the animator made it up is with L's moaning that she was nearly shot with a 7.62 NATO bullet.

Yeah, I'll wait and see this Saturday.

Old 2012-04-24, 21:41   Link #237
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:

Well, I suppose it's half right when one considers the Australians make their own licensed clone, the F88 Austeyr (which is superior to Malaysia's licensed Steyr copy) and are using it as a base for their version of Land Warrior.

And yes, HK53's intro was not as funny as in the 4-koma manga. And MP5 is so cute and a loli version of Jisuri - which is to be expected, as the MP5 is essentially a G3 in 9mm, reduced to SMG size.

Also, 16 washing herself so much? That has to be a stealth reference to the M16 family's problems with jamming when dirty, particularly in Iraq and Afghanistan, where the mantra is "Clean clean clean!"
Especial in Vietnam War with tropical jungle, M16 is need to be clean 2 time per day .
Old 2012-04-25, 00:47   Link #238
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Especial in Vietnam War with tropical jungle, M16 is need to be clean 2 time per day .
when at first they saw of her... they thought she was futuristic enough to NOT have maintenance... they were wrong.... and probably she doesn't want to acknowledge that....
Old 2012-04-25, 03:38   Link #239
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
And my shooting eye is my left eye....so yeah....
Old 2012-04-26, 07:16   Link #240
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Speaking of Jormungand and Upotte crossovers, this gem was given to me - thought I'd share it.

It's amusing, at the very least.

And then there's this image, in which Jonah is a tsundere towards Funco.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
comedy, seinen, shounen