AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-04-14, 10:20   Link #101
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Are you telling me that the little tiger we see in eps. 2 is the same one from the intro!?

I mean WOW!! talk about growing fast.
Old 2006-04-14, 10:43   Link #102
Trax
Rock beats scissors

That was one nasty tiger, but considering the circumstances her cub will be pretty tame in comparison since it will be growing up among humans (don't underestimate feral instincts though). Now iirc, wasn't it that jerk we saw in episode 1 that destroyed the altar? Still wonder if that really made the tiger go berserk, especially if fixing the altar didn't have any effect. At any rate, I have one thing I've been planning to say since the first episode if it didn't happen again:

Needs more tailgrab!
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 10:48   Link #103
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

When I first watched this, I was shocked at the opening. There is this character in the OP that looked frighteningly like Suigintou from Rozen Maiden, except for the shorter hair, more tribal outfit and the blue eyes.

But I'm keeping my eyes peered for this one.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 10:50   Link #104
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Needs more tailgrab!
I am with you on this one.
Old 2006-04-14, 13:28   Link #105
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
I am with you on this one.
I second that :P

WOW, thank god Yesy released episode 2. I was starting to feel non-special for not watching it the whole week.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 16:26   Link #106
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I really struggled watching the first episode... I just thought the artwork was bland, the show was boring and the one guy who was bullying eruruu or whatever her name is was extremely annoying, plus I'm not a fan for the "cute" cat ears or whatever on everyone. But the more I think about it the more I realized this show just doesn't fit into the type of animes I usually watch so maybe thats why I disliked it so much.

Last edited by Tommy; 2006-04-14 at 16:48.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 17:36   Link #107
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
I really struggled watching the first episode... I just thought the artwork was bland, the show was boring and the one guy who was bullying eruruu or whatever her name is was extremely annoying, plus I'm not a fan for the "cute" cat ears or whatever on everyone. But the more I think about it the more I realized this show just doesn't fit into the type of animes I usually watch so maybe thats why I disliked it so much.
Yea if you're not into this type of anime, I think, that you would be a bit biased in thinking it is not that great. To each their own

As for me, I like this kind, and I think this one is superb. I am really getting into the characters and Hakuoro is pretty cool. I like everyone in the village and Eruruu is so cute. The story is neat in that it makes you wonder about Hakuoro's past and what is going to happen, but on the side you feel for the village. As a bonus, I really like the sound track, especially the OP. So overall I really like this anime so far.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 18:04   Link #108
Sakuya
*Artist

Surprising myself, I really like this anime. That one annoying guy should die. He instantly got on my nerves with his attitude. I guess kudos goes to the director.

Is it just me or are they hinting that:
Spoiler:
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 20:24   Link #109
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

I'm surprised on how close Eruru is to Hakuoro, His only been living in the village for only a short time. Typical of him reminding her of one of her love ones. Well I consider this cute then anoying, cause female leads clinging onto the male lead is really anoying and it degrades women. Luckily it doesnt happen too often though (its usually the male lead getting beaten up by the main girls, witch when I think about it can also be anoying).

I wonder what the time frame is before the cub grows that big.

Oh and Aruru calling Hkouro dad was very cute.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 21:05   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Eruru animaited really is something special, She's just as cute as she is in the game. & Hakuoro still carries around the title of one hell of a cool guy.
Old 2006-04-14, 21:46   Link #111
Green²
It's bacon!

Spoiler for Ep.2:
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 21:51   Link #112
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I love the scene when Aruruu said that was her child.. everybody go WTF?!?!?

There are few questionable things that can be put out to light.. but overall enjoyable episode.

And that cub is soo cute... I want to hug it ^^. Yea I love cats ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 22:07   Link #113
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
when i first heard about this series i was a little skeptical i had never heard of the game before and really didnt know too much about it. Well after watching 2 episodes i am in love with it. I think this is the series i have been waiting for. The opening theme is great and i cant help but to sing along with my limited japanese skills of course. I the charcters and animation is beautiful and Aruruu is so cute it hurts (Tail grab scene). In the opening scene there looks like there is so intense fighting going on looked really cool. I definetly going to add this to my favorite series list so far.

I do have a couple of questions why did the grandmother give An-Chan that the name of the father it seems like a real honor to recieve the name of someones child? Do he remeind her of him?
Can anyone tell me about the game and where i might find it also is there a manga and how is it compared to the anime so far. thanks everyone
Old 2006-04-14, 22:11   Link #114
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
I feel where your coming from i usually dont get into these types of anime but for some reason i really like this one it just kind of sparked something in me. Its nice to someone who can give constructive feedback without bashing the hell out of something just to cause a argument. Kudos to you but maybe you will come to like it as time goes on after all there are only 2 episodes so far so who knows
Old 2006-04-15, 00:13   Link #115
lavielove

Spoiler:

@Tommy ,as a different being , I like this anime.try to fantasize yourself as a Hakuro and try pulling the Eruru's tail in yr imagination. This will get you more closer to the anime I think.=P
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 00:22   Link #116
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Can anyone tell me about the game and where i might find it also is there a manga and how is it compared to the anime so far. thanks everyone
here's a place where you can get the PC version of the game
http://www.himeyashop.com/product_in...roducts_id/556
but I hold off for abit untill the PS2 version comes out cause it may have alot more extras in the new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
@Tommy ,as a different being , I like this anime.try to fantasize yourself as a Hakuro and try pulling the Eruru's tail in yr imagination. This will get you more closer to the anime I think.=P
Oh no!
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 00:40   Link #117
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
I'm surprised on how close Eruru is to Hakuoro, His only been living in the village for only a short time. Typical of him reminding her of one of her love ones.
There is a special reason and this will most likely be explained in episode 20 or thereabouts, depending on how the animation team decides to tell the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
I do have a couple of questions why did the grandmother give An-Chan that the name of the father it seems like a real honor to recieve the name of someones child? Do he remeind her of him?
There is a manga series currently running in Dengeki G's, but it looks more like slapstick humor than following the story from the one chapter I read. I don't remember there being a particularly real reason Tusukur gave Hakuoro that name, just that from the back, our main character looked a lot like Eruruw's father. That is what Aruruw meant in the game by calling Hakuoro "daddy," while in the anime, they make it look more like Aruruw's responding to Hakuoro calling her the mother.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 02:30   Link #118
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Some people whom I value the options given on other anime here in these forums have started watching these series, and thus posting comments about them, based on them I decided to give it a shot and download the episodes that where available.

I am by far not an optimistic person, and quite ceptic in some cases.., so naturaly when I saw the first episode I realy didn't enjoy it, to say the least...

The artwork / animation as the person who wrotte the post I just quoted mencioned, it was bland, rather pale and plain.., something from a anime made in 2006 I would have expected ALOT better...; adding that and the slow progress in the episode made it a bit dull and boring to watch..

So its safe to say that we most have struggled throught this episode..

But.., I have been surprised before.., thus.. I toke alot of attention to the posts and saw the good positive feedback on the second episode;
thus.., I had decided to post my reviews based on when I'd finished watching the 2nd one.

Some of the best anime I have seen started out, well lets say.., not in the best of ways.., the best example that comes to my mind just now is Karin..., and who would have told me it would turn out to be THAT good

In this case, Utawarerumono (I'm going to have some trouble writting this everytime) may yet surprise me again...

I don't think for the dramatic side, but more for the action scenes.., altough its FAR too soon to even start making prognostics about the story and where it will lead too; after all... we are still introducing characters.., and only now we have a name for the person in the Oni mask that Eruruu saved (Hakuoro).

But as we can see in the OP, there are ALOT of fight scenes with alot of yet to introduced characters.., I have re-seen the OP a few times and it clearly shows me that they gived the action scenes they're due work, alot of blood and detail; and this we can confirm just by watching episode 2 aswell.

So.., I am hoping for a maybe well detailed story, possibility some tragic / dramatic moments as it goes but with alot of fight scenes and action, not to mencione a good amount of characters (judging by what I saw in the OP) - all I hope now is that they're caracter unfolds nicely.

-

Now, on topic for the 2nd episode :

Spoiler:

-

Ah also.., I've mencioned this in the Rozen Maiden thread.., its about a character we see in the OP where some people say she looks exactly like Suigin Tou..

I realy have to disagree..., I've stated the more detailed reasons on the RM thread but.. just to make it short... her face, hairstyle, eyes, even personality from what I could capture from the OP... realy isn't like Suigin Tou... in any way in fact..

Just because she has wings and white hair doesn't mean she looks like her

If I'd say she would be a copy of someone I'd go for Meia from Vandread..., EXACTLY same face & hairstyle
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 13:11   Link #119
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Personally, judging from the CGs from the game, I can pretty much tell that it's gonna be quite an enjoyable series, even though it has progressed very little in these two episodes. I'm looking forward to keeping up with it.

But again, my taste for anime isn't what I call "fine", so I normally like things I'm already familiar with.

Anyway, here's a pretty crappy version of the OP, if anyone wants it. It was cropped in Windows Movie Maker with low quality, so I could flood my MSN contacts with it and make some of them join the love. (Managed to do it with 2 already :P).

http://www.kidoutenshi.net/random/Movie_0022.wmv

About 6 mbs, so anyone with an average connection can get it pretty fast.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 13:19   Link #120
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Can someone post a good quality version of the game opening? if there is one.

I like collecting that sort of stuff.

Tags
action, adventure, aquaplus, bishoujo, kemonomimi, leaf, olm, rpg