AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 31 43.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 26.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-18, 22:50   Link #221
Hakuromatsu

We haven't heard the fourth one -- and I'm convinced that's significant. He's interrupted by his grandma as he's about to recall it in EP1, and in EP4, when Reiko asks if he remembers the third rule, he specifially says, "Yes. And the fourth one, too."

Well, we'll have to see.
Old 2012-02-18, 23:13   Link #222
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Also that rule is rule 3,I don't think we'ver ever heard 1,2 and 4.
Hmm... in episode 1, the scene cuts in with Reiko saying the third rule (so we missed the first two), and she is cut off by the grandmother announcing that breakfast is ready when she begins saying the fourth. However, in episode 4, Reiko asks "do you remember the tips I gave you?" to which Kouichi replies that he does, "including the fourth." Reiko then begins to re-explain the third rule (always follow the class rules), but seems to be having difficulty due to her headache.

I find Reiko to be pretty interesting. At the start of the series she is very cheerful. The change in her attitude starts at episode 2, I believe, when Kouichi begins to ask about class 3 and the curse. Reiko suddenly stops smiling and starts spacing out. In subsequent episodes, she is "exhausted" and suffering from headaches, gloomy and seemingly mentally muddled. I don't know that the significance of it extends beyond furthering the uneasy atmosphere - after all, she was a character providing a base of support in a "safe zone" (the home), and now she seems weakened and even unstable (note the scene where she pounds the table in response to Kouichi asking "why?" and remarks on her hatred for the bird).

Edit: Hakuromatsu beat me to it, and posted while I was typing and skimming through episodes
Old 2012-02-18, 23:31   Link #223
Unknown Soldier
:D

The rules are explained early in the manga and honestly I can see why all but the third were cut for the anime, they just aren't very interesting for the most part except the third one. From what I've seen of the manga, a lot of stuff was cut that the anime staff didn't seem to feel was relevant and so far I've tended to agree with what has been cut. This is yet another reason why I'm not reading the manga until after the anime has finished.
Old 2012-02-20, 13:44   Link #224
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, those Mei/Kou moments were very beautiful =03. I'm also find it refreshing that Kou hasn't yet to spiel any crap about how it's wrong to ignore Mei or himself or anything like that. There isn't any ridiculous blushing or awkwardness that accompanies those types of moments. Just a wonderful companionship between two people.

As far as who the "Another" is, thinking it's not so obvious, and Kouichi is not it, I think it is Azakawa who is the ghost.

Old 2012-07-24, 11:33   Link #225
bleachnut

The dance sequence is pure win, but what really takes the cake is the expressions of Teshigawara & Mochizuki right after he finishes the fantasy. Both boys are supposed to be ignoring him, but BOTH noticed he was in fantasy land at that time. Freakin masterpiece!

IchiRuki fanfic, including an arranged marriage! AU!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4219201/1/
Closed Thread