AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 18 36.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 26.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-09, 07:51   Link #101
Haiprbim
Banned

Was a great episode, cannot wait to see how Mashiro's leaving intend ended in the next episode.
Old 2013-03-09, 12:46   Link #102
CommanderChaos

I saw mediafactory released a video on youtube tributed to nanami. Does that mean she will leave soon?
Old 2013-03-09, 19:17   Link #103
Clodial

Lmao, I've always wanted to comment on this show.

So, as an indie game developer with high hopes and dreams, I don't know whether to count my case as better than Kanda.
In any case, losing a game competition that you thought you were going to do so well in just hits you in the balls and doesn't stop hurting. Especially when you were being assured that you got the top spot the entire time, to be brought down like that, it just messes with your mind.
For me, personally, I was able to rebound since I had another go, Kanda on the other hand, he's just watching himself and others around him fail and seeing the talented rise again. I can't judge his emotions. Heh, it sucks even more when the game-type you lose to is those super popular sh*ts like vocaloid stuffs and not something as creative as maybe a Limbo or a "A story About My Uncle".
If I was Kanda, I would gain such a huge vendetta against anime games, you wouldn't even know. Just for the Japanese market, it feels like the easy route for game design. I hate to say it about any game genre, but Kanda lost to an idea that knew it could sell like hotcakes for being about Vocaloids.

Now, looking from the exec board of a company, I don't blame them. Would you rather make a game that was a hit-or-miss (Aka Kanda's) Karateka game (they did it wrong in my opinion since all it was was quick-time-events and it just ends) or the tried-and-true popular character game? I mean, it sucks for the riskier title, but the vocaloid game just got it right. I mean, all they would have to do is add some innovative feature to their game, maybe spruce up the art even more. Kanda's game looked like it would need A LOT of testing and even then, it could still mess up at one point and flop.

Quote:
It's a little too conspiracy theory to say they made up an entire interview segment, wasted time with pretend meetings with Sorata, just to send a letter to Mashiro. That just sounds a bit more dubious to me. Seems probable that they decided to go with a game that is a much safer product in terms of making a profit and at the same time decided to try and secure a talented artist at the same time. After all while Sorata's game wasn't going to fly Mashiro's art can be applied to another game.
Having looked closely at Kanda's designs, I think they actually liked Kanda's idea. I don't see any malice in their decision. I mean, you have a great game designer (HE EVEN GAVE A TALK AT GDC if we're looking at the anime's calender probably being late March early April) actually discussing where Kanda should go with designing his game. Yeah he talks about Mashiro, like, once, but it wasn't like he made it a huge deal (if he did, I'm probably missing something). I mean, Kanda made a contact for LIFE and a great one at that.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-03-10 at 00:26. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Old 2013-03-10, 09:25   Link #104
ndqanh_vn

Well, I think I might be able to understand how Sorata felt, and he had all rights in the world to get upset. But it is too early to argue that "Hard work did not work" (In his case, maybe, I am not talking about Nanami.)

He has only had around what? one year of experiment in game design? And he could not make his own art, animation or at least programming for his game, could he say that he had tried the hardest? And how many year Mashiro has spent painting? Almost all of her life. She was not the famous artist Mashiro since the beginning! It is obvious that she put more time and effort and hard work into what she's doing. It is not like he did not see why his game could not be selected. It's still his beginning. One year is still the beginning stage, and his project could survive until that round - I think it is already a damn cool result for a beginner.

I know that Mashiro is a genius, and even Rita, who has learned painting with her could not catch up with her. But for Sorata to react like this...I feel very bad for Mashiro. As if he just simply concluded that she became succesful because of her "natural talent" only, and disregarded all the year she had devoted for painting - so much that it damaged her capabilities in living a normal life. Did he really think he could compare his one years for that? Sorry, I know it's a shocking and heart breaking news to receive, but it's just to angsty and immature for you to think that way, Sorata.

And as the previous post states, Sorata has gain experiments and made a good contact. I know his mind is messed up right now - but maybe after giving it some careful thought, he might understand that for him it's not the matter of hard work and talent - it's simply it's still too early for him to expect a breaking success.

Last edited by ndqanh_vn; 2013-03-10 at 09:35.
Old 2013-03-10, 09:31   Link #105
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You're forgetting that it's not just about his game that was weighting on his mind, both Nanami's own failure, as well as their inability to gather enough votes to save Sakurasou despite their best effort all place a toll on his spirit.
Old 2013-03-10, 09:42   Link #106
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You're forgetting that it's not just about his game that was weighting on his mind, both Nanami's own failure, as well as their inability to gather enough votes to save Sakurasou despite their best effort all place a toll on his spirit.
Agreed that it was not his own failure but the overall circumstances. Nanami's failure probably hit him extremely hard, we see him in earlier episodes riding on her success to prove that hard work pays off, and I guess for him to see how much effort she put in (the two years of training and being self sufficient) and still not make it really dampens his spirit and makes it appear that it is impossible for people with no talent.

Of course from the cast perspective, I believe he will soon realise that even though Mashiro does have talent, it has been cultivated her whole life, (starting young is important) hence the current overwhelming difference in talent, compared to his few months. This should play a part in him understanding and maturing as a character. In fact there are still some aspects and talents and dreams to touch upon.
Old 2013-03-10, 09:44   Link #107
ndqanh_vn

Well that's why I said I was talking about his case in game design only, because the ep gave me the impression that his breaking point is when he realised Mashiro had received an offer. Nanami...I guess it's painful for her, but maybe she really needs to talk with her parents about this to see what's to be done.

I just want to say, sometimes even if you work the hardest, it won't be rewarded. But people with real talent...they work their hardest too. It is not like they just won the lottery because they won God's favour.

At the end, Sorata might need to calm down and realise that he still needs to grow himself before expecting a success.
Old 2013-03-10, 12:20   Link #108
thor94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
Well, I think I might be able to understand how Sorata felt, and he had all rights in the world to get upset. But it is too early to argue that "Hard work did not work" (In his case, maybe, I am not talking about Nanami.)

He has only had around what? one year of experiment in game design?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
It's not only Sorata game, nanami dubbing and sakurasou saving failure, you have forgotten his previous hobby: despite 8 years hard work in soccer club, he fail due to a lack of talent.

At this moment (cummuling all experiences and circumstances), Sorata doesn't want wasting more time for nothing and repeating the same mistake when he played soccer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn
She was not the famous artist Mashiro since the beginning!
quite the contrary, rita said that mashiro work, was popular from the beginning.

Last edited by thor94; 2013-03-10 at 12:33.
Old 2013-03-11, 01:03   Link #109
CommanderChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
Well that's why I said I was talking about his case in game design only, because the ep gave me the impression that his breaking point is when he realised Mashiro had received an offer. Nanami...I guess it's painful for her, but maybe she really needs to talk with her parents about this to see what's to be done.

I just want to say, sometimes even if you work the hardest, it won't be rewarded. But people with real talent...they work their hardest too. It is not like they just won the lottery because they won God's favour.

At the end, Sorata might need to calm down and realise that he still needs to grow himself before expecting a success.
That's very true. Even if she is very talented, she still works her hardest. But that doesn't mean they don't have any sort of advantage over normal people. Sure, it may not be a lottery win, but they have the ability to achieve high, while those who don't have the talent, have to compensate their lack of talent with hard work, which even then sometimes doesn't pay off. It's true Sorata needs to grow, and that's the purpose of youth. To grow and experience. He's still new to this, as we saw him in the beginning wondering what he was doing with his life. He's still experiencing the hardships of life.

On a side note, I don't think sorata was expecting to achieve anything close to mashiro, but I think a contributing fact to his emotions are the fact that maybe he felt that he wouldn't have gone far in his game design without Mashiro's help. Sure he got quite far with his presentation, but I think he feels that was due to the help of Mashiro, and not really by his own hard work, which just overall lowers his own self esteem, which weakens his feeling of accomplishment he had with the presentation. Along with the failure of getting signatures, as well as Aoyama's failure, I feel it was more of an outburst of loss of hope. In a situation like this, I wouldn't necessarily say he was trying to compare himself to Mashiro, but rather losing hope that hard work can actually take him somewhere
Old 2013-03-15, 05:04   Link #110
Kyuu
=^^=

By this point, I am getting annoyed with this series due to one factor:

Spoiler:

And Sorata's emotional screaming isn't helping any. Sure, drama is fine. Keeps things interesting; but at the same time, there needs resolution, or at least a pathway too it. Otherwise, it gets bogged down and downright frustrating. With each "dramatic scene or situation", I cannot help but think: "OK, what now?"

Spoiler:

For the most part, my will at keeping up with this series is slowing down for a bit. But, I am keeping up...
Old 2013-09-05, 02:53   Link #111
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
T_T
Aoyama.

Poor Kanda & Aoyama. Normals never being able to catch a break.
Liked the rain scene where Aoyama got to vent her sorrow instead of trying to bottle it inside.

During the rain scene,
Kanda should have went, "These past two years weren't a waste. You met me." Then gave her a deep kiss on the lips. Aoyama Route Set.

Really, no idea why Shiina is such a big love interest for Kanda, she's too far above him. The big skill difference will only encourage the inferiority complex in Kanda. Just marry Aoyama and have a normal average life.

Also, oh man @ the end of Sakurasou 21.
Shiina not even trying and something she drew in her sleep ends up getting a job offer from the game company Sorata tried to make his game with.
best episode so far....
someone who ever feels inferiority complex should know their feelings
I feel glad that they can put everything in one episode
it will be suck if they separate every problem in several episodes
maybe all of these will be solved in one-go in one or two episodes

this episode can propel and advance Sorata X Nanami's shipping
support "normal" people's relationship.... Alien and superior beings just go alone
Closed Thread