AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-22, 17:19   Link #12241
Vocah

I like Masaki, too bad that he has no chance with Miyuki... and not because of Tatsuya but because I don't think that either clan would give up their heir to the other one
Old 2014-03-22, 17:26   Link #12242
Kartaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I don't like him. He still thinks he has a chance at beating Tatsuya, he also listened to George when he said Masaki could get Miyuki easily if he tried. Blasphemer. I hope he never finds happiness.
I see. You hate him too much
Old 2014-03-22, 17:29   Link #12243
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
I like Masaki, too bad that he has no chance with Miyuki... and not because of Tatsuya but because I don't think that either clan would give up their heir to the other one
Oh wow that is a good point! Never thought of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartaen View Post
I see. You hate him too much
Yes I do. I'm not ashamed of this.
Old 2014-03-22, 17:35   Link #12244
Kartaen

Quote:
Yes I do. I'm not ashamed of this.
Quote:
I don't like him. He still thinks he has a chance at beating Tatsuya
Btw Tatsuya seems think so too
Quote:
Even if this wasn't a competition and live battle instead, with both sides going all out without restrains, Tatsuya had no confidence that he could "triumph" over the two of them at the same time, nay even if he was against Ichijou Masaki alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
Probably you are right
Old 2014-03-22, 17:49   Link #12245
BlueDanube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
more character designs have been put up http://mahouka.jp/character/

maybe it's just me but I have to say that Masaki looks a bit better than in the LN

Spoiler for Masaki:

...wait, somehow he resembles Suzaku in Code Geass

EDIT: CM6 has been released as well
He's so similar to Suzaku.

Old 2014-03-22, 17:51   Link #12246
anonfr

Quote:
Btw Tatsuya seems think so too

Probably you are right
I'll admit that's a valid point. But Tatsuya always understates his own abilities. Always. He never puts forth confidence that he can win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDanube View Post
He's so similar to Suzaku.

I don't know what to say to this. Wow.
Old 2014-03-22, 17:56   Link #12247
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Pampz summoning program: ultimate edition.
I wouldnt start a war at this time;
Well just alittle bit...
Her Beauty lies not on her appearance but on her personality#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-03-22 at 18:33.
Old 2014-03-22, 18:37   Link #12248
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Her Beauty lies not on her appearance but on her personality#!
Whose beauty? Miyuki!? I'm so glad you finally came around!
Old 2014-03-22, 18:49   Link #12249
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Whose beauty? Miyuki!? I'm so glad you finally came around!
What are you talking about?
What beauty does a bro-con have?...
try imagining an ugly sister who is a bro-con#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-22, 19:08   Link #12250
anonfr

Quote:
I feel like I don't have too. I feel like there are series with ugly sisters being a brocon. I swear I've read one.
Old 2014-03-22, 19:10   Link #12251
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
We need a correct translation but the way I understood it, Ishida wanted a new design for her since she noticed she is not that beautiful compared to how she is described in the LN.
I think Miyuki's real beauty is how she presents herself, from her poise to the way she moves...
Old 2014-03-22, 19:14   Link #12252
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Incest is forbidden but the beauty of incest is because it's forbidden...Human beings tend to gravitate to the things that they know are forbidden because of the thrill that it gives them...
Old 2014-03-22, 19:52   Link #12253
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
^ yup that's true
Old 2014-03-22, 20:46   Link #12254
Rasen

Quote:
You do remember Erika is a bro-con, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Incest is forbidden but the beauty of incest is because it's forbidden...Human beings tend to gravitate to the things that they know are forbidden because of the thrill that it gives them...
I always figured it was because these were the kinds of people who know everything about each other, good or bad, and accept all of it. They saw each other at their best, and at their worst, probably got into epic fights, and yet at the end of the day stick together. People who are completely comfortable around each other The kind of relationship that could last long after the physical attraction fades.

Of course, just about any real-world sibling pair will tell you that even thinking about it is squicky.

Childhood friend has much of the same benefits, without the iffy problem of inbreeding.
Old 2014-03-22, 21:01   Link #12255
kazzuya13

The only thing that is kinda twisted is that human experiment, war, murder, brainwashing, and mind break is already implied in this LN and they still put on airs against incest.
Old 2014-03-22, 21:11   Link #12256
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
The only thing that is kinda twisted is that human experiment, war, murder, brainwashing, and mind break is already implied in this LN and they still put on airs against incest.
Yeah, its quite weird. Though I expect that barrier is going to be broken, only an extreme sadist would write all the hints of sibling romance constantly then never follow up with it with a proper conclusion.

Its also funny, long time ago, incest was considered a normality especially in Ancient Egypt.
Old 2014-03-22, 21:13   Link #12257
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Yeah, its quite weird. Though I expect that barrier is going to be broken, only an extreme sadist would write all the hints of sibling romance constantly then never follow up with it with a proper conclusion.

Its also funny, long time ago, incest was considered a normality especially in Ancient Egypt.
Not only in Egypt. After all culture of preservation of bloodline is being upheld in many countries especially in places where royalty is concern.
Old 2014-03-22, 21:49   Link #12258
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Not only in Egypt. After all culture of preservation of bloodline is being upheld in many countries especially in places where royalty is concern.
Yeah. Like Japan. Heck, their version of Romeo and Juliet is about the crown prince falling in love with his beautiful sister which resulted in him getting disqualified for the throne. The siblings go to civil war against their other brother, they lose and they die together.

Then there's the legend about lovers getting reborn as siblings. And one version of the tanabata legend has the cowherd and weaver girl swearing to be reborn as siblings before getting executed.

There's also the fascinating history of the word "imouto". And though not blood-related, Murasaki no Ue called Hikaru Genji "onii-sama". And they also have the Izanagi and Izanami myth.

I'm just saying. The Japanese have a more romantic view of brother-sister love stories than most cultures despite considering it taboo. Tatsuya and Miyuki have a good shot.
Old 2014-03-22, 21:50   Link #12259
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post

In my perspective, the author pulled off incest in this novel quite well, to such extent that it is difficult to see Tatsuya and Miyuki paired to another character...

Tatsuya and Miyuki complement each other perfectly....
Old 2014-03-22, 22:09   Link #12260
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
For me that's one of the bad Miyuki's side. She strongly depends on her brother that you just can't ship her with anyone else. However Masaki is not a bad guy
No matter what, I hope it wiil not end with incest
Rather than "depend", I'd say she's given herself to him completely. In Yuutosei we get to see Miyuki's actually pretty independent. Going around the shadows hunting people and making her own investigations. She'd be willing to part from Tatsuya if she was sure that will make him really happy. His happiness is of paramount importance to her.

And Tatsua depends on her as well. As she's the only one right now who can make him feel human and is a great source of joy to him.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings