2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-10-29, 13:26   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Fate/Apocrypha - Episode 17 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Apocrypha, Episode 17.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 05:28   Link #2
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well TBH kind of like Arturia, it's sometimes easy to forget that Jeanne is still a young girl at heart.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 05:54   Link #3
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I see. Jack the Ripper's toxic mist is based on the smog of London's industrial districts?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 12:23   Link #4
Ultragunner

ehh, this is the 2nd time a Master used the remaining command seal to order their Servant to carry on....is this a new troupe in Fate?
Old 2017-11-01, 13:26   Link #5
Twi

Mmmm... maybe? I mean, Jack's weird as far as Servants go to begin with. If they'd been smarter then they really would have done in the group since her NP can insta-kill any female once all three conditions are met: Fog, Night-time, and Female target. She went after the one Servant who would be immune despite that while her Master triple-tapped the one guy whose heart is that of a Servant and thus bulletproof.

And they really glossed over how she became her Master, which was a surprise given how she's dead now. That was probably the only self-defense murder I'd accredit to her.
Old 2017-11-01, 15:10   Link #6
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Mmmm... maybe? I mean, Jack's weird as far as Servants go to begin with. If they'd been smarter then they really would have done in the group since her NP can insta-kill any female once all three conditions are met: Fog, Night-time, and Female target. She went after the one Servant who would be immune despite that while her Master triple-tapped the one guy whose heart is that of a Servant and thus bulletproof.
Smarter how? I'd kinda call it bad luck more than idiocy. They acted in ignorance, but how could they have solved that lack of knowledge?

Though I wonder - would "wash your hands off the whole Grail War and go away to live in peace" have been viable? Or do they need the Grail for Jack to live in the long term?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 15:32   Link #7
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's possible mommy wanted true incarnation for her little girl.
Old 2017-11-01, 18:09   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Jeanne was really cute in this episode.

I thought Reika was using Jack, but she genuinely cared about her. Or "them", apparently, since Jack keeps using "we" when talking.
Old 2017-11-01, 19:02   Link #9
Wandering Soul

Quote:

And they really glossed over how she became her Master, which was a surprise given how she's dead now. That was probably the only self-defense murder I'd accredit to her.
It wasn't a half bad plan based on what little information they had.
Old 2017-11-01, 20:57   Link #10
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Jeanne was really cute in this episode.

I thought Reika was using Jack, but she genuinely cared about her. Or "them", apparently, since Jack keeps using "we" when talking.
In my opionion its more like she was really dumb all over the whole Jack the ripper arc.

Assuming she can actually use those command spells, her only job was to use them to...

a) Summon Jack The Ripper before her
b) Tell Jack to kill herself ( Yes thats a possible command, see the original Fate).

And even if her command seals were ranged, when she is close enough to actually be inside a noble phantasm she also has to be close enough to use one of her command spells.
She should also know about this being a viable command btw, as she obviously has a higher understanding of both the command spells and how the grail itself works.

Quote:
Are you sure Mordred and Atalanta wouldn't be immune too, given how magic resistance is a main feature of the 3 knight classes?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 21:51   Link #11
Twi

Fair points, I suppose. Though, Jack was summoned in Japan and her master can't support her with prana, so she has to eat mage hearts. She could technically live past the war, but eventually someone would come to deal with the renegade Servant on a murder spree.....
Old 2017-11-02, 02:15   Link #12
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Are you sure Mordred and Atalanta wouldn't be immune too, given how magic resistance is a main feature of the 3 knight classes?
Curses from a Noble Phantasm are of an entirely different level though. And Magic Resistance tends to either mostly negate a curse or do nothing.

Jeanne's Magic Resistance is rank EX. She is on a whole other level to even Artoria, who might fare decently with her rank A (but I am uncertain), but the largest amount of servants (including Mordred) with MR has rank B or less (Atalanta has rank D), which most definitely would do zip all.
Old 2017-11-02, 02:52   Link #13
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Another thing that has been bothering me for a while now btw:
I once read that the only reason wicked servants like /Night and /Zero's Casters could be summoned was due to the grail being corrupted.
In this version of the Fate universe however, the Einzbern's never summoned Avenger so the Grail should be fine (looks fine too)
So how did they summon Jack?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 05:02   Link #14
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Also regarding her last command for Jack to continue after she dies, how is this even possible when the Magus dies? Every last servant dissipates when their master dies UNLESS they find another mana source, so I assume that Jack got a new mana source or can only continue existing to a certain extreme point of absolute mana exhaustion?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 05:53   Link #15
GDB

Quote:
Gotta say, I expected Jack to have fought Astolfo based on this comment. Was disappointed it was just Jeanne having "immune to curses" nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Another thing that has been bothering me for a while now btw:
I once read that the only reason wicked servants like /Night and /Zero's Casters could be summoned was due to the grail being corrupted.
In this version of the Fate universe however, the Einzbern's never summoned Avenger so the Grail should be fine (looks fine too)
So how did they summon Jack?
Summoning Jack at all is an aberration. The Assassin class container is itself a catalyst for Hassan. Not sure why that aberration is possible, though. Atalante is also evil based on her FGO alignment, and I'm sure Semiramis is also likely evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Also regarding her last command for Jack to continue after she dies, how is this even possible when the Magus dies? Every last servant dissipates when their master dies UNLESS they find another mana source, so I assume that Jack got a new mana source or can only continue existing to a certain extreme point of absolute mana exhaustion?
The Command Seals are giant clusters of mana. It's the same thing Waver did in Fate/Zero, and Caules did earlier with Frankenstein.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 14:41   Link #16
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post

Jack's Master isn't a magus. She's not supplying her with Prana, that's why she's been eating hearts. The Command Seal acts as an anchor, but Jack can stick around just fine for a little while.
Old 2017-11-03, 23:12   Link #17
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

So reika went the ryuunosuke's route huh...

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 11:33   Link #18
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

From what I understand, servants can subsist for some time if explicitly commanded to by Command Seal. It's the least those things should be able to do.
Old 2017-11-05, 15:14   Link #19
HandofFate

getting really tired of this assassin girl.