AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 6 7.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 15.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 18.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 28.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 14.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.26%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.95%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-24, 18:57   Link #101
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This episode was neither overly good nor bad either. To me it seemed as a full-fledged, running TV episode of a Shana-tan special except that it focused on Ike as the main lead. Ike-tan, anyone?

Spoiler:

Surprisingly and coincidentally this episode played an exact and same theme as an episode of Digimon Savers did, and which both happened to be a seventh episode.
Spoiler:

If there's something remotely interesting in this episode that has any relation back with the main storyline....
Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-24, 20:17   Link #102
alvinkhorfire

Where is Outo (as mentioned by Ike as he checked the weather forecast) ? And, what exactly did Shana win in the virtual game?

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2007-11-24 at 21:22.
Old 2007-11-24, 20:39   Link #103
Thentus

Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Yuji and possibly others explained that was her 'nickname' at some undisclosed point.
Or they just kept hearing it repetitively in class and ended up just adopting it like Alastor :S.
Old 2007-11-24, 21:20   Link #104
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Where is Outo (as mentioned by Ike as he checked the weather forecast) ? And, what is exactly did Shana win in the virtual game?
stuffed cat in a tube.

maybe we'll get to see it in episode 10.
Old 2007-11-24, 22:34   Link #105
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Looks like they brought back some of the BGM and the eyecatch from season 1, at least for this episode.
Old 2007-11-25, 01:57   Link #106
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I've been somewhat enjoying the slice-of-life eps since the combination of frustrated Shana, angsty Yoshida and clingy Konoe has enough moe to cover the universe. I admit the story has sucked this season, but I've never had high expectations for SnS, and I'm at least enjoying this on a superficial level. But this ep was terrible. Totally pointless, and doesn't even bother to have the excessive moe of the SOL eps to date.

The only moment that was even remotely interesting was when Satou asked Shana how to become a Flame Haze. That was it.

It seems that the writers hate Ike. I'm rather indifferent to him, but I can't say anything in this ep added at all to the little sympathy I have for him.
Old 2007-11-25, 07:51   Link #107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
It seems that the writers hate Ike. I'm rather indifferent to him, but I can't say anything in this ep added at all to the little sympathy I have for him.
Thanks to this episode, i can laugh at him more then i could before hand. That's basically all i did this episode.
Old 2007-11-25, 12:58   Link #108
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I fucking hate Konoe so god damn bad.

I've never wanted to drop kick a character in the face SO bad. I was hoping that kiddie ride would have somehow lead her off the edge of a CLIFF (which would have been awesome).

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2007-11-25, 14:06   Link #109
Paul
Bakka Baka!!!

Now i don't want to go over all the things that people have already said, so il just say that i thought this was a great episode. It was well written, funny and had some memorable moments in it. It also seems to serve as an end to the whole jealousy arc and also may serve as a beginning to a more serious turn of events.

Overall a good episode displaying the ideas and mindset of a character that has not yet been introduced to us in such depth.
Old 2007-11-25, 18:21   Link #110
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

This ep was pretty mild to say the least. Not that interested in Ike and Yoshida's development so luckily I watched it with ep 8 already out.

Last edited by holyman282; 2007-11-25 at 19:23.
Old 2007-11-25, 19:17   Link #111
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

While this took the domestication trend to an all-new high, I enjoyed this ep much more than most this season. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it played like a full length Shanatan ep, because that's exactly what I was thinking - right down to the frequent episode breaks and hilarious use of BGM.
Old 2007-11-25, 21:50   Link #112
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
While this took the domestication trend to an all-new high, I enjoyed this ep much more than most this season. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it played like a full length Shanatan ep, because that's exactly what I was thinking - right down to the frequent episode breaks and hilarious use of BGM.
I would have appreciated some facial characterisation on Alastors part even if it was only for the benefit of the viewer. For example him covering his eyes when going to Shana to not use her powers in public. Also it would have been much more amusing if there was a huge display flashing to show someone getting a perfect score and her showered in melon bread or something like that.

I do think this episode was wasted, not in the sense of it just being a filler, but they did have a chance to add more depth to the whole romance, relationship thing they have going on. If they decided to let Ike succeed, they could have dealt with Yoshida feelings for someone who does notice her and had confessed to her, over her kinda one sided feelings for the black hole boy. Instead it seems to be just something to sweep under the carpet, no impact, no real repercussions to the show, well unless that cat in the tube is a bomb planted by an agent of Balle Masque
Old 2007-11-25, 21:58   Link #113
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

^^ oddly enough the thought (hope?) did cross my mind when she got it...

Old 2007-11-25, 23:29   Link #114
Domo-Chan
The Deciever Of Skies FH

Location: In the N.Y. but i would love to go to the crimson world
Send a message via AIM to Domo-Chan
I'm currently shocked that there is more play on the Romance aspect of Shakugan no shana and not alot of action basis. This is the 4th episode purly based on emotion, romance, and yuji mainly.
I would personally like to see more action implemented
Old 2007-11-26, 00:57   Link #115
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

No time to read through the thread, but the highlights had to be:
Shana with a ponytail. And a lightsaber. And using hax to win at a VR game. While wearing a ponytail. o/

Also, Ike lookin' kinda cool in that eyecatch.

On to episode 8!
Old 2007-11-26, 13:43   Link #116
anselfir
Style Über Alles

wow, i totally skipped this ep and only saw 1-6 8, and only found out when i stumbled upon a screenshot of 7.
Old 2007-11-26, 21:34   Link #117
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

^not like you would notice...

Old 2007-11-27, 20:50   Link #118
Domo-Chan
The Deciever Of Skies FH

Location: In the N.Y. but i would love to go to the crimson world
Send a message via AIM to Domo-Chan
How did u miss episode 7 when they did a symopsis of the previous episode at the beginning of episode 8
Old 2010-06-30, 02:00   Link #119
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I wasn't planning to comment on any of the episodes for this part for the series, but this was just too amusing to not say anything on it; this was easily the most enjoyable episode of the more slice of life episodes in season 2.

Konoe showed no amount of planning will help you when you're doing dealing with such an absent minded, and whimsical girl . Poor Ike though he sure had it rough this episode.
MAL
Closed Thread