AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-05, 09:35   Link #1041
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You are aware that people can disagree with you, or even with the majority, without being trolls, are you
You are aware that this is the third time you´ve been called out on your attitude in two days, are you? Yeah, I was one of the three people, but still... you have been making unusually aggressive remarks during the last few days.
Old 2008-08-05, 09:36   Link #1042
servidor

Quote:
I find nothing particularly shocking about the way Leon makes his advances to someone he's in a committed relationship with. The worst I'd say about them is that they're poor work ethics. If anything, I'm more shocked by Kathy's attempted infidelity.
I think it would be better to bring this particular discussion to the Romance Tread.
Old 2008-08-05, 09:38   Link #1043
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
The description says that Sheryl is still sick, gets worried, and looks for Alto, isn't that what happened two episodes ago? (even if Sheryl didn't really look for Alto, it's almost the same thing...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Your lack of faith in the Empress is disturbing!!

To this I say, ENOUGH!

Allow me, to restore your confidence!

Spoiler for DOO EEET!:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-05, 09:43   Link #1044
MFSxA

Man, I don't think I'd appreciate Leon giving the tongue to any MF character, lol. Well may be Nanase's...

Okay I think its still not appreciable, d@mn Leon, lol.

@ mike_s_6: It was the first thing that came to mind. I think everytime I hear or read Leon, ever since that episode, tongue comes to mind - crap, my brain wired Leon=Tongue, oh noes.
Old 2008-08-05, 09:44   Link #1045
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
You are aware that this is the third time you´ve been called out on your attitude in two days, are you? Yeah, I was one of the three people, but still... you have been making unusually aggressive remarks during the last few days.
Actually, I've forgotten. Who's the third? What I do remember is that I'm not the first around here being dismissed as a a "troll" for reasons that largely escape me.

As for my "aggressiveness", I don't find it worse than usual. And I stop short of ad hominem... unlike some.
Old 2008-08-05, 09:47   Link #1046
magnuskn

Quote:
Actually, I've forgotten. Who's the third? What I do remember is that I'm not the first around here being dismissed as a a "troll" for reasons that largely escape me.

As for my "aggressiveness", I don't find it worse than usual. And I stop short of ad hominem... unlike some.
Crisis, just a few posts up in the thread.
Old 2008-08-05, 09:51   Link #1047
cerrian

Quote:
I can't see the picture. I really don't understand why people are so disgusted and enraged at Leon's... sexuality? But it does amuse me.
I'll back you up on this one. I found it to be one of the few 'normal' things to be happening on Frontier.
Old 2008-08-05, 09:53   Link #1048
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
I'll back you up on this one. I found it to be one of the few 'normal' things to be happening on Frontier.
What can I say, helmet hair has a "Slimyness +5" aura on him. Getting it on with the Misa Hayase equivalent of the show provokes some instinctive negative reaction in me.
Old 2008-08-05, 09:58   Link #1049
Tak

Shouldn't all of you be concentrating on something more important...? Like... cheering for Sheryl?

Do not let Leon get in the way of your Faith!

Spoiler for DOO EET!:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-05, 10:02   Link #1050
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Shouldn't all of you be concentrating on something more important...? Like... cheering for Sheryl?

Do not let Leon get in the way of your Faith!

Spoiler for DOO EET!:

- Tak
True enough, man, true enough.

Spoiler for DOO EET!:
Old 2008-08-05, 10:06   Link #1051
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:

lol@ad hominem. It's not like he was trying to refute your argument (did you even have an argument to begin with?)

I'll give you 2/10 on the attempt. I'd normally give you a 4, but you lose 2 points for originality because of your Grace-Leon-Sheryl threesome post in the image thread just two days ago.

But if someone said something about Leon x Ranka, you'd go ballistic on them about "morality" or "double standards" or some similar rubbish. Yawn. It just doesn't work if you're biased.

btw, the problem with Leon's advances is that he "advances" his tongue out way too far. He's gonna choke someone with that thing...
Old 2008-08-05, 10:12   Link #1052
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I do not, actually, prefer Ranka to Sheryl. I'm just quicker to defend her because she seems to have fewer fans, at least on this board.

So no, I wouldn't actually fly off the handle at the idea of Leon pulling out his tongue at Ranka. I wouldn't approve of it because Ranka lacks Sheryl's much vaunted maturity, and because of their present work relationship, and because of Cathy. Would I go ax crazy over it? No.
Old 2008-08-05, 10:25   Link #1053
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
I do not, actually, prefer Ranka to Sheryl. I'm just quicker to defend her because she seems to have fewer fans, at least on this board.

So no, I wouldn't actually fly off the handle at the idea of Leon pulling out his tongue at Ranka. I wouldn't approve of it because Ranka lacks Sheryl's much vaunted maturity, and because of their present work relationship, and because of Cathy. Would I go ax crazy over it? No.
I know you do. You don't need to put up a pretense of defending both sides. If you like one character more than another, by all means, support them outright. Sling mud too, if you feel like it, it's all good fun. But please be honest with yourself.

See, take this whole "I wouldn't approve of it" business. It makes your opinion seem like it's so very reasonable and well thought out, but really, it all boils down to the fact that nobody likes the imagery of Leon groping at their favorite character. That part comes first, and the reasons come after the fact. That was why you suggested it for Sheryl in the first place.

Maturity? If you think that she's ready for an adult relationship with Alto, why not an adult relationship with Leon?
Work Relationship? Ranka is more of a coworker for Alto. Leon's just off in the background.
Cathy? This wasn't an issue for when you brought up Sheryl, why should it be for Ranka?

Cut the nonsense. If it disgusts you, that's fine. Hell, it disgusts me too. Just be honest about it.
Old 2008-08-05, 10:36   Link #1054
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
I know you do. You don't need to put up a pretense of defending both sides. If you like one character more than another, by all means, support them outright. Sling mud too, if you feel like it, it's all good fun. But please be honest with yourself.
What, so you're going to tell me how I feel, now?

Quote:
See, take this whole "I wouldn't approve of it" business. It makes your opinion seem like it's so very reasonable and well thought out, but really, it all boils down to the fact that nobody likes the imagery of Leon groping at their favorite character. That part comes first, and the reasons come after the fact. That was the reason why you suggested it for Sheryl in the first place.

Maturity? If you think that she's ready for an adult relationship with Alto, why not an adult relationship with Leon?
Alto only has one or two years on her. Leon has 10+.

Quote:
Work Relationship? Ranka is more of a coworker for Alto. Leon's just off in the background.
Leon is akin to being Ranka's boss. He certainly seems to be calling the shots, rather than just being "in the background". That's what bothers me.

Quote:
Cathy? This wasn't an issue for when you brought up Sheryl, why should it be for Ranka?
Actually, it'd be an issue with Sheryl too. I didn't mention it at the time because no one thought to ask why I wouldn't want Leon to tongue Sheryl, and because I was too busy making fun of the who "Leon! Ew!" phenomenon.

Quote:
Cut the nonsense. If it disgusts you, that's fine. Hell, it disgusts me too. Just be honest about it.
I find it mildly repulsive, not disgusting. You see, I wouldn't approve of it with Sheryl either. I certainly don't think they're a good match. But would I start foaming at the mouth like some of you threaten to? No. And my disapproval doesn't stem from a mere "He's got horrible hair" or whatever nonsense is used to call what he did to Cathy disgusting and/or immoral. That's what I'm pointing and laughing at. The whole "Leon getting some action! Ew ew ew!".
Old 2008-08-05, 10:50   Link #1055
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
What, so you're going to tell me how I feel, now?
I wouldn't need to if you were more honest with yourself. :/

Quote:
Alto only has one or two years on her. Leon has 10+.
Obviously that was a problem when you suggested Sheryl.

Quote:
Leon is akin to being Ranka's boss. He certainly seems to be calling the shots, rather than just being "in the background". That's what bothers me.
Both Alto and Leon have working relationships with Ranka. It's the same problem both ways.

Quote:
Actually, it'd be an issue with Sheryl too. I didn't mention it at the time because no one thought to ask why I wouldn't want Leon to tongue Sheryl, and because I was too busy making fun of the who "Leon! Ew!" phenomenon.
Because you were busy trolling them, of course. Which is why it seems strange to me that you'd try to present logical(?) arguments against the Ranka suggestion. Both suggestions are obviously absurd from the outset, and they're both just meant to get a reaction out of people.

The point isn't to encourage reasonable discussion and whatnot. The point is to get people worked up.

Quote:
I find it mildly repulsive, not disgusting. You see, I wouldn't approve of it with Sheryl either. I certainly don't think they're a good match. But would I start foaming at the mouth like some of you threaten to? No. And my disapproval doesn't stem from a mere "He's got horrible hair" or whatever nonsense is used to call what he did to Cathy disgusting and/or immoral. That's what I'm pointing and laughing at. The whole "Leon getting some action! Ew ew ew!".
"Repulsive" is a very strong word. When you toss in a "mildly", it just sounds like you're trying to distance yourself from the feeling. It's like telling someone that you "mildly hate them".

But what you're really laughing at is the reaction that you're getting at from the Sheryl fans. Otherwise, you would have chosen another character for Leon to get some action with. Why not Ranka?

Stop kidding yourself. It's much too obvious.
Old 2008-08-05, 11:12   Link #1056
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
I wouldn't need to if you were more honest with yourself. :/
I am quite honest with myself. It's not my fault you're unable to understand my thought processes.

Quote:
Obviously that was a problem when you suggested Sheryl.
I'm not the one who suggested Sheryl. And the difference lies, again, in Sheryl's much vaunted maturity. (Which I do acknowledge.) Sheryl is, legally and mentally, an adult. Ranka's neither. As for Alto, while he is more mature than Ranka, the difference is much less jarring than with Leon. I find it "not that shocking" to see an 18 year old boy go out with a 16 year old girl. A 30 year old man with a 16 year old girl? Don't you think there's a bit of a difference? Why do I give Sheryl a pass on dating older men? Because age doesn't tell everything, and, again, she's mature. She knows what she wants and she's got more backbone than Alto and Ranka put together. I wouldn't like it, but that's something I'd file under "her choice".

Quote:
Both Alto and Leon have working relationships with Ranka. It's the same problem both ways.
There is a qualitative difference between simple colleagues and a superior-subordinate relationship. I have nothing against colleagues dating, especially if the working relationship isn't especially close. A boss dating his employee? Much iffier.

Notice I said "their working relationship" instead of "because they work together". I meant that the nature of said relation counts.

Quote:
Because you were busy trolling them, of course. Which is why it seems strange to me that you'd try to present logical(?) arguments against the Ranka suggestion. Both suggestions are obviously absurd from the outset, and they're both just meant to get a reaction out of people.
Just being honest. You claimed - because apparently you know my feelings much better than I do - that I'd go crazy at the mention of Leon putting his hands on Ranka. I explained what I'd feel and why. My post on Sheryl was much shorter.

Quote:
The point isn't to encourage reasonable discussion and whatnot. The point is to get people worked up.
The point is to make people face their irrationality.

Quote:
"Repulsive" is a very strong word.
Is it? I wouldn't know. English isn't my first language.

Quote:
When you toss in a "mildly", it just sounds like you're trying to distance yourself from the feeling.
Not really. If I wanted to distance myself, I'd phrase it impersonally. "It's repulsive", as if it was some great universal truth. Instead, I used "I find it", to indicate that this is subjective. I'm the one feeling the repulsion. "Mildly" is there to qualify it. The repulsion is there, but it's far from overwhelming. It goes to contrast with the whole "All the fans are going to set those guys' houses on fire" that you sometime get from fandoms.

Quote:
It's like telling someone that you "mildly hate them".
It's like saying "I don't like it, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it."

Quote:
But what you're really laughing at is the reaction that you're getting at from the Sheryl fans. Otherwise, you would have chosen another character for Leon to get some action with. Why not Ranka?
Again, I'm not the one who brought it up.
Quote:
Stop kidding yourself. It's much too obvious.
To you, maybe. Because you can read thoughts. Through the internet. If you believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
Old 2008-08-05, 11:47   Link #1057
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
I am quite honest with myself. It's not my fault you're unable to understand my thought processes.
Nobody can understand your thought processes. But your motivations are as clear as day.

Quote:
I'm not the one who suggested Sheryl. And the difference lies, again, in Sheryl's much vaunted maturity. (Which I do acknowledge.) Sheryl is, legally and mentally, an adult. Ranka's neither. As for Alto, while he is more mature than Ranka, the difference is much less jarring than with Leon. I find it "not that shocking" to see an 18 year old boy go out with a 16 year old girl. A 30 year old man with a 16 year old girl? Don't you think there's a bit of a difference? Why do I give Sheryl a pass on dating older men? Because age doesn't tell everything, and, again, she's mature. I wouldn't like it, but that's something I'd file under "her choice".
Right. Because a 30 year old man with a 16 year old girl is all that different from a 30 year old man with a 17 year old girl. And you yourself pointed out that the age of consent is not the same thing as the age of majority. So this is just something I'd file under "Ranka's choice".

Your argument uses a double standard. (What delicious irony)

Quote:
There is a qualitative difference between simple colleagues and a superior-subordinate relationship. I have nothing against colleagues dating, especially if the working relationship isn't especially close. A boss dating his employee? Much iffier.
It's not like Ranka's working relationship with Leon is especially close, either. She gets all of her orders from Grace, after all. In fact, she spends less time on the job around Leon than she does Alto.

Quote:
Just being honest. You claimed - because apparently you know my feelings much better than I do - that I'd go crazy at the mention of Leon putting his hands on Ranka. I explained what I'd feel and why. My post on Sheryl was much shorter.
Actually, I said that you'd fiercely fight against it on the grounds of "fairness" or it being "inappropriate" or some nonsense like that. Much like you're doing right now.

Quote:
The point is to make people face their irrationality.
Yours included.

Quote:
To you, maybe. Because you can read thoughts. Through the internet. If you believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
Let's see how long you can go without vertically elevating your hand. You're a stubborn one, I'll give you that.
Old 2008-08-05, 12:03   Link #1058
cerrian

Man, talk about blowing things out of proportions. It was all fine until the personal attacks started flying....eh, that's shipping wars for you.
Old 2008-08-05, 12:35   Link #1059
Tak

SHUT UP!

- Tak

Old 2008-08-05, 12:36   Link #1060
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

SHUT UP!

- Tak
... sheryl pr0n on this site.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters