AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-14, 20:28   Link #10241
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Those premiums will make you money and allow you to train crews for your KV-1, Matilda, and GB Churchill. The Churchill III is not going to make as much money as an IS-6 would, but is also at a more comfortable tier.

The TOG might take some getting used to, though. I have a decent amount of heavy tank experience, but I haven't had enough time to come to grips with the TOG's... TOGishness.
Yep, that what I intended to do and with the experience in my other account I can do better. I think remember the TOG is described as an aircraft carrier because of the shape.

Tier 1-2: Camping fest with some noobs who really are in that match. Well I killed them mercilessly till I reached the opposite later and killed them again.

Tier 2-3: Killed T18 with T1. I humiliated the t18 and managed to dodged the howitzer/derp shot. What`s with them using derp? It`s feels to early and them getting close just to insta-kill paper armored tanks.

Tier 3-5 : Welcome to 'hell' experience where the KV-1, T1 and Churchill will be the 'kings' in tier 3-5 match. Got killed by M3 Lee because the southeast flank was left unattended. If not tier 3-5 match it will tier 3-4 match where there are no heavies, fully upgraded matilda will be the main threat and the decider. Good old days, killed 6 players under the bridge in Mountain pass with my Matilda.

Tier 6-? : No idea. I havent gotten there lol
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 22:54   Link #10242
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
SerB: The Jayne Cobb of public relations.

KV-1S split rumors still rumoring.
That suggests to me that most likely players who have a KV-1S will get a KV-85 instead. Which, IMO, kinda invalidates the KV-1. -_- Unless the KV-1 and the KV-85 become different options in the same tank by way of hull swaps. *shrug*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
And the most effective consumable.
So that's Japanese bias now?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 01:57   Link #10243
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Trust me, getting good at this game will not make quitting it any easier. Quite the contrary, actually.

At this point, this game feels like an investment that I must preserve. Losing feels worse than ever before because I know I have a bigger influence on the outcome of matches than I used to think.

It's easier now for me to pinpoint the moments where I screwed up (or someone on my team screwed up). Learning from mistakes gradually makes me a better player, but it hurts when I know that I hold a good amount of responsibility for a loss.

Blaming my teammates isn't always justified; sure, there are those truly hopeless matches where I did a huge load of damage and performed greatly while the rest of my teammates couldn't do 1/3 of their own HP in damage, but there are many more matches where the skill difference in teams is more marginal. And it is in these marginal battles where skill, knowledge and experience have a great influence.

And because of this, triumphant wins are more satisfying than ever for me. Those uncommon battles where I do 4 times my HP in damage and almost single-handedly swing the tide of the battle around are addictive as hell. I don't just go into battle wanting to drive around and shoot tanks like I used to, but I go into battle wanting to win, and win well while meeting my self-made standard for damage caused per game. Just being a blue player isn't enough; I want to keep getting better until I'm purple.

So if you really are considering quitting this game, it's better the earlier you do it.

Images
some wise advice from /vg/'s WoT threads
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
you pretty much having the same thought as me back when I was rapidly improving.

luckily I had enough resolve to pull out of this game, touhou helped a lot too.
Old 2013-10-15, 03:07   Link #10244
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm taking a month off for Warframe, then I'm going to come back to this. I'll say this - Warframe and ME3 MP make you feel more of a badass because it's PvE, not PvP.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-15, 05:22   Link #10245
Pen3

My current tank lineup. Lets see yours
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 06:34   Link #10246
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Trust me, getting good at this game will not make quitting it any easier. Quite the contrary, actually.
I dunno, I just don't really see any of that happening for me. I strive to improve because I hate being bad at stuff in general, especially SO bad that it's humiliating as was/is the case here. It doesn't really have anything in particular to do with the game itself and I don't feel any sort of real investment.

That said though, I'm not actually playing with the goal of quitting, I just like saying dramatic stuff like that to reinforce that when this game makes me hate it, I REALLY hate it.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 14:55   Link #10247
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

And in other news, the 15 year anniversary arty marathon officially started. Damn, gotta have to get a new PC before november starts.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 18:32   Link #10248
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
And in other news, the 15 year anniversary arty marathon officially started. Damn, gotta have to get a new PC before november starts.
I sucked at playing arty, I`m better in TD
Old 2013-10-15, 18:53   Link #10249
Gravitas Free Zone

I just had a game where I, in an SPG so I was looking at the minimap a lot, was evidently the only person on my team that noticed that we'd left an entire flank open. Not that I can do much about it in that case aside from pinging the hell out of the map.

Other amusement with SPGs is that one SPG game can undo the accuracy percentage of four or five regular games.

I also have the strange urge that when I finally hit 60K XP in the AMX 12t to unlock the SPG that comes off of it first instead of the AMX 13 75.

EDITED TO ADD:

The lastest FTR developer dirt.

WTE100 buffed before launch? BiA will go away when any crew injured? (Right now it is not supposed to go away in that instance.)

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-10-15 at 19:50.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 02:37   Link #10250
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
I just had a game where I, in an SPG so I was looking at the minimap a lot, was evidently the only person on my team that noticed that we'd left an entire flank open. Not that I can do much about it in that case aside from pinging the hell out of the map.

Other amusement with SPGs is that one SPG game can undo the accuracy percentage of four or five regular games.

I also have the strange urge that when I finally hit 60K XP in the AMX 12t to unlock the SPG that comes off of it first instead of the AMX 13 75.

EDITED TO ADD:

The lastest FTR developer dirt.

WTE100 buffed before launch? BiA will go away when any crew injured? (Right now it is not supposed to go away in that instance.)

WTF? BIA effect will be off if any of the crew got injured. I already have my crew trained that perk as a first one. Looks like I have to put on the Sixth sense for that then

de-buff = remove, weaken,
Buff = improve, upgrade?
Old 2013-10-16, 08:52   Link #10251
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

It mean that either the radioman will finally have his wound healed, or people will mass drop BiA from their KV5 crew (and many other tanks too).
Old 2013-10-16, 09:00   Link #10252
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Will definitely have to see where this goes, as BiA is probably the most used perk among end-tier crews due to its sheer utility.
Old 2013-10-16, 10:04   Link #10253
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Will definitely have to see where this goes, as BiA is probably the most used perk among end-tier crews due to its sheer utility.
I feel like an old fossil, but is BiA really used that much? I only have it on like one crew >_>;;

Camo/Sixth Sense/Repair or bust
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 13:12   Link #10254
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I think the BiA nerf will increase people who will put spall liner in their tanks.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 16:14   Link #10255
Gravitas Free Zone

Spall liners were of extremely questionable value before they started getting mild buffs over the past couple of updates.

Meanwhile: My record has probably benefitted from my playing very little arty. Now that I'm giving it another whack and I spend a lot more time fussing over stats, playing SPG games feels like shooting myself in both feet.
Old 2013-10-16, 17:43   Link #10256
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Meanwhile: My record has probably benefitted from my playing very little arty. Now that I'm giving it another whack and I spend a lot more time fussing over stats, playing SPG games feels like shooting myself in both feet.
And that`s why I have to be careful when there`s arty around. If not, BOOM!
Old 2013-10-16, 19:56   Link #10257
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
I feel like an old fossil, but is BiA really used that much? I only have it on like one crew >_>;;
I blame Garbad, but yeah, its fairly common, particularly on meds, or on tanks that have huge reload times where every percentile reduction count.
Old 2013-10-17, 03:33   Link #10258
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Still playing warframe atm, but I'll be coming back to Tanks in 2 weeks time (start of November). And so taking part of that advice, I'm setting some Personal Goals:

1. Currently I'm at 49%. I intend to improve to 50%. Small steps.
2. I need to be doing at least equal amount of damage as my HP to start with, though I want to eventually be doing double damage to HP. (TOG is, for obvious reasons, excluded from this goal. )
3. To complete grinding the Pz 38(t) nA to the Panzer IV. This is to be achieved by November 17th.
4. To complete grinding out the Konisch on the VK 30.01 (H). This is to be achieved by November 24th. I'm giving myself more time because I kinda hate the 30.01 (H) and don't play it so much. Once I have the Konisch unlocked, I'm going for the VK 36.01 (H). Depending on how well trained my 30.01 (H) crew is, I may transfer them to the 36.01 (H).
5. By end of November, my M4 Sherman Crew must have 100% on their first set of skills, and be starting a second set. By February 2014, the second set must be swapped for BiA.
6. By end of December 2013, my KV-1S crew should be 100% on their first skills, and be starting 2nd skills to work up to BiA. My KV-1 crew should have gotten their second skills down and be working up to their third skills.

This is what I'm going to work towards from November to December.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-18, 11:52   Link #10259
Gravitas Free Zone

Test server got reset...

Did find out by poking in there just now that if I give my KV-1S crew Brothers in Arms that the reload on the 122mm will go from 13.5 seconds to 13.21 seconds. Hmmmmmmm.
Old 2013-10-18, 12:45   Link #10260
Blaat

The increase of RoF wasn't as big as I hoped when I went for vents+BiA on my KV-1S.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks