AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-02-19, 16:59   Link #2241
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, but he in his normal mode still sucks. But his opponents are all freaks. Riko with her rosary can control her hair and is überstrong. Aria is already gifted and strong, now with hihiirokane she's a god. Shirayuki is a choutei and stealth user so she's strong.

I wonder if Aria and Riko can slice bullet like Kinji in HSS mode. We see Shirayuki did it, but she's an ability user and she must have used something at that time to be able to slice the bullet when she first engaged in cat fight against Aria, Aria also mentioned if Shirayuki is a choutei when she saw her sliced bullet in close distance, but she said nothing when Kinji did.

We never see anyone besides Kinji, Holmes and GIII to catch sword with two fingers either. And they're all in HSS mode.

And while Kana taught Kinji how to use bullet to reflect bullet using bullet, Kinji surpassed him by being able to return bullet using bullet. "Slash" is also a skill he acquired by himself when he came up with the theory right before trying it and succeeded.

I don't understand why as strong as Kinji is, he has so much trouble to defeat opponent that the next villain who he can defeat can easily curbstorm. All 4 girls from Baskerville lost against Kaname in curbstorm fashion, the next fight they still lost, then Kaname got owned by GIII like a fly, then Kinji went to fight on par with GIII. He defeated Kana in vol. 4, but he has so much trouble against Patra (mainly because he didn't go to HSS mode for the usual reason which is "I'm not good with ecchi stuff!") while Kana easily defeated Patra.

Also, Kana's first shot by Holmes was when he tried to beg Holmes not to harm Kinji and got snipe by a rifle using Kana's technique (which he uses pistol to do). His next shot got when he was trying to protect Kinji, but his HSS mode also got canceled by Holmes' roar then which is the reason why Kinji was in panic in the first place.

Well, if Holmes was younger then he would be able to deduce Kinji's last attack, but he's already old even before losing Hidan, his aging just progressed but he is already old. I think if Kinji traveled back in time to fight Holmes when he was young then it would be a fair fight. Still, no one can possibly beat Holmes when he had Hidan anyway. The power he received from Hidan make the other irokane holders we met so far look like toys, besides Aria.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 17:28   Link #2242
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Out of curiosity, who can beat Kinji?

Other than Aria using Hidan, ofcourse.
Kaname. She stomped him in all her fights with Kinji, though he wasn't in Hysteria mode. With Berserker Kinji might win though...

In a straight fight, those with HSS are monsters. If you want to beat Kinji you probably have a better chance getting some girls to seduce him Even Kana mentioned Kinji needs to solve that problem of his...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
It occurs to me that Kinji has never lost in HSS mode (seriously, whenever he activated it, he'd win, but he has to struggle even though his enemy's attack are mostly ineffective to him), he's just too reluctant to activate it and thus it makes him look weak. Kana doesn't even have the skill to reflect bullet using bullet or reflect bullet by hand. Yet Kinji in his normal HSS mode can do both.
Kinji doesn't want to rely on HSS to win every fight. It'll be like using a crutch.

And then there's the personality shifts... use HSS too many times, and he's afraid he might change for the worse; becoming a womanizer, taking advantage of girls and be basically what you see in anime as 'enemy of all women' characters.

Kana/Kinichi have already shown with HSS it can mess with your head; as 'Kana' Kinichi doesn't know Kinji's talking to him/her at times, when Kinji calls her 'older brother'.
Quote:
We never see anyone besides Kinji, Holmes and GIII to catch sword with two fingers either. And they're all in HSS mode.
In theory, Aria can since she taught Kinji that move.
Quote:
Still, no one can possibly beat Holmes when he had Hidan anyway. The power he received from Hidan make the other irokane holders we met so far look like toys, besides Aria.
What other Irokane users? IIRC apart from Aria and Holmes we haven't see anyone tapping into Irokane's power for a fight... Reki had mental access to the spirit of one, but she didn't use it for fights at all (if she could use it).
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 02:44   Link #2243
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

It makes me wonder why are Aria and Holmes the only ones capable of using power from irokane. But there are many different irokanes. Can't they be used too? I also wonder what kind of power do other irokanes have.

And Aria used both hands to stop Shirayuki's katana when they first fought. But Kinji, Holmes and GIII used two fingers.

Last edited by Kleeyook; 2012-02-20 at 06:22.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:51   Link #2244
HasuMasu
*Artist

What? Mine's rosary isn't an irokane?
Old 2012-02-20, 06:20   Link #2245
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Yeah, but the power to control her own hair is quite disappointing compared to the power to control time.
Old 2012-02-20, 07:15   Link #2246
tsunade666

The blue rosary was an irokane and I think Shirayuki's sword too is an irokane though not sure because she is already a choutei so she doesn't need an irokane which makes an ordinary person into a choutei. The Shirayuki clan is taking care of Irokane.

And the war for Irokane is just starting so we will probably see more but right now. Irokane are still a mystery and not many people can utilize it because of it's tiresome requirements to be used and also the compatibility issues.
Old 2012-02-20, 16:39   Link #2247
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
... I completely forgot about that >.< She hadn't used it in a serious fight for like ages...

(that time during the sports festival to use her hair to steal opponents' swimwear don't count as 'serious' )
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 11:05   Link #2248
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I have a feeling that I might be an idiot for choosing to study vehicle engineering in university because I want to recreate the fight scenes from this series as well as Bond's cars. Now I regret it...
Old 2012-03-08, 09:59   Link #2249
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I plain skipped whatever got posted in this thread in order to avoid reading spoilers;

I finished reading the 7th volume of the novel on bakatsuki, but i wanted to know if there is some other place that has the other volumes fully (fan)translated.

I'm sorry if i posted in the wrong section, but the ones who read it surely know where to find it(unless they all know jap). It's okay if i have do dl the pdf, or it's online reading. It's only that bakatsuki hasn't got the 8th volume completed yet.

Thank you
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 06:47   Link #2250
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
I plain skipped whatever got posted in this thread in order to avoid reading spoilers;

I finished reading the 7th volume of the novel on bakatsuki, but i wanted to know if there is some other place that has the other volumes fully (fan)translated.

I'm sorry if i posted in the wrong section, but the ones who read it surely know where to find it(unless they all know jap). It's okay if i have do dl the pdf, or it's online reading. It's only that bakatsuki hasn't got the 8th volume completed yet.

Thank you
I don't think there is anywhere other than Baka-Tsuki that has this LN fully translated in English, but I believe there's Chinese translation fully translated to vol. 11 already.

It's a shame that LN vol. 8 hasn't been translated that much, and vol. 9 lacks the last chapter. But to me those volumes are not very interesting. What I truly want to read is vol. 10 and 11 fully translated.

I'm content with just reading detailed summary though, but I guess i should try learning Japanese for real since I took a break from college.
Old 2012-03-09, 08:30   Link #2251
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post

Thank you
75% of all translated novels are basically from B-T. Other LN translators are either translating solo in their blog (10%), put themselves into small groups (10%) or translate in their manga scanlation group (5%). Though AFAIK, Hidan no Aria hasn't been picked up yet.
Old 2012-03-17, 05:40   Link #2252
PCheshire
Epitome of Randomness

thanks for translating and putting up summaries
and...
anyone mind listing the weapons each character use?
and will anyone ever confirm if Kinji's knife is made of irokane? does he even have anything made from one? though having one made from Riirokane would be nice...

Quote:
Out of curiosity, who can beat Kinji?

Other than Aria using Hidan, ofcourse.
probably a somehow stronger than him in normal mode male rapist who goes after him while he's alone...
they did comment on how he doesn't guard himself
xD
PCheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 09:08   Link #2253
tsunade666

any news on vol 12?
weapons...... I'm not familiar with guns or remember the name of the guns so I can't be much of a help on it.
Old 2012-04-07, 05:25   Link #2254
Nihgthawk

I am rather new here and I have caught up with all of the chapters that are out at baka-tsuki and i was wondering is anyone still translating this series.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 05:41   Link #2255
veritatis cupitor

thnx 2 the awesome guys n gals 4 translating the ln n thnx 4 such a fantastic summary.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 09:10   Link #2256
tsunade666

right now. no one was currently translating the novel.
Old 2012-04-08, 11:10   Link #2257
veritatis cupitor

does baka-tsuki have any fund problem? its server goes down again n again.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 18:05   Link #2258
tsunade666

It's just server overload problem. Wait for the maintenance to be finish. It happens because many people are accessing it now a days unlike before.
Old 2012-04-08, 23:23   Link #2259
veritatis cupitor

thnx 4 reply. knowing baka-tsuki is so popular that its server can't take the load makes me kind of happy.
Old 2012-04-16, 22:59   Link #2260
ZeKeR
Superbad

pretty sure v12 will be in the december slate...

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen