AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-15, 09:17   Link #1341
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well I managed to down coil T1-3 with my friends' group since they had a member missing, T1 wasn't too bad with competent people, while on T2 I kinda of wiped us the 1st time due me accidentally moving too close to someone who had rot while dodging his AoE . Down it the 2nd time fine though. And all of T3's jumping around was different .

And got Ultima Hard down in DF group, sadly no loot from it nor coil. I guess I get to consider attempting T4 or Garuda (Extreme) next , though Titan extreme scares me...
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 01:12   Link #1342
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Yea, remember the latency issue in Titan HM? Titan EX mode puts that to the test to the extreme. Ifrit EX was much less of a challenge (a high learning curve for healers however), and I downed it in a day, compared to about two weeks I needed for Titan EX.

On a different note, I finally got my full ilvl90 . Hardly my best-in-slots, however, as coil never drops stuff for me. Not a single drop in the last 3 months of T1-4. The tears. For T2, the enrage method of dumbs down the fight very much. All you need is a bard and 3 healers... Don't have to deal with rot or silencing or any of the other defense nod skills...
Old 2014-01-18, 01:56   Link #1343
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

For coil groups you have to be careful on the make up of the party before u join, for ex i will never join a t2 group with a blm or smn already in it just incase the chest piece drops and i lose the roll, i have gotten 2 pieces for my blm the last 2 weeks doing this, the circlet and the gloves ^^ I WANT THAT DAMN CHEST THOUGH!! so much better looking than the myth blm chest
Old 2014-01-22, 12:31   Link #1344
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Images
Why watching anime is good for you
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 08:44   Link #1345
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
For coil groups you have to be careful on the make up of the party before u join, for ex i will never join a t2 group with a blm or smn already in it just incase the chest piece drops and i lose the roll, i have gotten 2 pieces for my blm the last 2 weeks doing this, the circlet and the gloves ^^ I WANT THAT DAMN CHEST THOUGH!! so much better looking than the myth blm chest
Go in a static, problem solved

I've yet to see a single caster body drop in any of my coil runs (2 characters) since, well, ever

That said, I don't really mind that the myth body look, and until I get the allagan scepter, it's still required for coil. Though for non coil stuff it'd be pretty awesome.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 01:38   Link #1346
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
For coil groups you have to be careful on the make up of the party before u join, for ex i will never join a t2 group with a blm or smn already in it just incase the chest piece drops and i lose the roll...
This raises, for me, an interesting question: why does any RPG still bother with rolling for loot (and all the nonsense that can ensue from it) as opposed to instancing it out? Under such a construction (see: Torchlight 2; Marvel Heroes), a given tango drops an iteration of its loot consignment for each player... everything you see dropped on your screen is yours and yours alone, though you can trade with other players.

Is there any real advantage to the need/greed/pass model?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 02:00   Link #1347
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
This raises, for me, an interesting question: why does any RPG still bother with rolling for loot (and all the nonsense that can ensue from it) as opposed to instancing it out? Under such a construction (see: Torchlight 2; Marvel Heroes), a given tango drops an iteration of its loot consignment for each player... everything you see dropped on your screen is yours and yours alone, though you can trade with other players.

Is there any real advantage to the need/greed/pass model?
Because you have to reduce drop rates since it's a per party/raid bias for items, else it disrupts the progression rate of people gearing up things.

WoW has attempted to this with RF loot system, but it means again non-100% drop rates on bosses since it isn't shared loot which is a turn off to some people because the luck element becomes invisible.

And in a game where players can be change classes, the personally becomes even worse since it needs to give each player chance of each item.

Additionally crafted gear and vendor currency gear offers the "personal loot" wanted.

On a different note, Ultima Hard might be favorite fight in the game after farming it some, I find fun and yet intense still (today had some one d/c for a good bit of the fight and the 7 of us barely killed at 2 seconds til Ultima went off).
MAL
Old 2014-01-25, 09:55   Link #1348
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Because you have to reduce drop rates since it's a per party/raid bias for items, else it disrupts the progression rate of people gearing up things.

WoW has attempted to this with RF loot system, but it means again non-100% drop rates on bosses since it isn't shared loot...
I think I see what you're wondering about. Actually, the contents of each player's 'consignment' from a given kill/chest/whatever are figured out independently, on the spot, subject to any relevant modifiers in effect on that player (i.e. +magic find; +% currency) and contains a copy of any guaranteed drops (a TL2 example would be the helmet from General Grell, Act 1's mid-boss).

Quote:
And in a game where players can be change classes, the personally becomes even worse since it needs to give each player chance of each item.
Shouldn't be an issue, really - as noted, you can still trade/sell items you have no use for at present.

Quote:
Additionally crafted gear and vendor currency gear offers the "personal loot" wanted.
This much is true. STO, for example, offers a variety of interesting gear through its multiple reputation systems.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 19:31   Link #1349
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well I managed Garuda with some FC members today, was fun and pretty challenging, while Titan EX just ugh, I died everytime at the add bomb phase of the 5 attempts .
MAL
Old 2014-01-26, 09:55   Link #1350
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Well I managed Garuda with some FC members today, was fun and pretty challenging, while Titan EX just ugh, I died everytime at the add bomb phase of the 5 attempts .
I know right? (Out of 5 attempts getting through the heart phase, I died by the landslide.)
Old 2014-01-26, 11:38   Link #1351
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Blargh. My security token unregistered itself on my smartphone and when I tried to remove it from my account, the emergency removal password I set isn't working -_-;

And Square Enix support only works Monday through Fridays D:
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 14:50   Link #1352
Alchemist007
*Author

I made a screenshot of that long weird password just to make sure I don't screw it up.

I've almost beaten T5 with people on PF (my FC is still learning it), and I don't see a point in beating Ifrit EX since I'd rather get the T5 weapon if I'm capable of that. Though beating Ifrit would be nice one of these days...just for completionists' sake.
Old 2014-01-27, 00:56   Link #1353
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I made a screenshot of that long weird password just to make sure I don't screw it up.

I've almost beaten T5 with people on PF (my FC is still learning it), and I don't see a point in beating Ifrit EX since I'd rather get the T5 weapon if I'm capable of that. Though beating Ifrit would be nice one of these days...just for completionists' sake.
Except that the weapon at the end of T5 is random; I know people who been getting the same weapons 3 times in a row.

Primal weapons are only good if u do not want to spend 900 myths to zenith ur relic and the primal weapons are not exactly the BiS for pre-i95s; for example the primal weapon for summoners gave acc which I do not need as I am already sitting on 459 acc

Ifrit EX with an all-range party, is a whole lot easier lol
Old 2014-01-27, 11:33   Link #1354
Mow Yun

Quote:

It unregistered itself on Saturday and I was able to reset it using the password I had. It unregistered itself AGAIN on Sunday morning and the password I used on Saturday which I did NOT change didn't work :/
Old 2014-01-27, 18:54   Link #1355
Alchemist007
*Author

The emergency password changes after 1 use, you're gonna need to contact them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Except that the weapon at the end of T5 is random; I know people who been getting the same weapons 3 times in a row.

Primal weapons are only good if u do not want to spend 900 myths to zenith ur relic and the primal weapons are not exactly the BiS for pre-i95s; for example the primal weapon for summoners gave acc which I do not need as I am already sitting on 459 acc

Ifrit EX with an all-range party, is a whole lot easier lol
For BRD it's a decent alternative, assuming you don't have zenith already (which I do).
Old 2014-01-27, 23:36   Link #1356
Mow Yun

Quote:

For BRD it's a decent alternative, assuming you don't have zenith already (which I do).
I was pretty sure it asked me to create a new one, and I just entered in the exact same one :X
Old 2014-01-28, 01:28   Link #1357
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

The primal Black Mage weapon is better than the Zenith relic as well. Overall I found the Ifrit EX fight much easier than Titan EX (no latency issue for one), as longs as the healers know what they are doing and switch their positions accordingly.
Old 2014-01-28, 02:17   Link #1358
holybell84

Quote:

Except that with the Elfin Bow, you need other armor to top up ur accuracy in T5 lol.
Old 2014-01-28, 04:45   Link #1359
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
The primal Black Mage weapon is better than the Zenith relic as well. Overall I found the Ifrit EX fight much easier than Titan EX (no latency issue for one), as longs as the healers know what they are doing and switch their positions accordingly.
It's just barely better. The crit's nice compared to the spell speed, sure, but if you're anywhere close to downing Twintania, don't get that elder staff. Get the ancient buckler. The Allagan scepter is one-handed!

In a general update, my company is getting to phase 3 on Twintania with regularity. I'm spending this week catching my SMN gear up as best I can so Derpruru-egi can take some Fireballs and ease things up off the healers. The tank damage on Twintania is best described as "scary," so anything we can do to ease things on the healers is good.

Garuda EX... sigh. Finally, after, 3 vortex rings of fending, 2 vortex rings of aiming, 1 vortex ring of healing and 14 vortex rings of striking (seriously, I'm not even joking)... finally... FINALLY... a vortex ring of casting drops. Fortunately for me it was during a company run, so it went directly into my armory chest.

Titan EX is more problematic. We've not had much time to spend with the rocky chap, really only about an hour and a half so far, but we're not consistently making it to the heart. Too many of our members have poor internet connections and stacking for Weight of the Land is just killing them. I know it's not just them being "bad" because their corpses are always laying well outside the area of effect!

Oh, and I was permabanned from the official forums for attempting to bring sense into a nonsense thread created by a FFXI fanboy. Apparently that's a bannable offense; who knew?
Old 2014-01-28, 11:19   Link #1360
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
For non-coil content, the Elfin Bow is far superior than the Zenith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Eh, not quite. Far too many people discount spell speed without realizing just how good it actually is. There are rotations I can pull off with the Zenith in Titan EX that I won’t have time to with an Elder Staff, with which my impression so far has been…. “sluggish”.

TBH, none of the EX fights are hard at all, the hardest part is just getting 7 other people who knows what they’re doing (no Mr. whm, do not run to the party to cure 3 with searing wind on -_-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Titan EX is more problematic. We've not had much time to spend with the rocky chap, really only about an hour and a half so far, but we're not consistently making it to the heart. Too many of our members have poor internet connections and stacking for Weight of the Land is just killing them. I know it's not just them being "bad" because their corpses are always laying well outside the area of effect!
Could always try VPNs I guess.

Quote:
Oh, and I was permabanned from the official forums for attempting to bring sense into a nonsense thread created by a FFXI fanboy. Apparently that's a bannable offense; who knew?
Join the club

The official forum is a joke, it’s one thing to moderate troll posts (which doesn’t happen half the time), but the mods there are just flat out terrible. You can pretty much just report anyone who disagrees with you and claim they hurt your feelings, and get them banned.

No big loss there tbh, while there are some good info in the job-specific subforums, general discussion is so filled with idiots and trolls that most of the time it’s not even worth the time to browse. If only I had a penny every time someone posted terrible ideas about the economy in GD…
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmorpg