3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.37%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-28, 10:41   Link #321
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Shiki is from an earlier Type Moon game (I donno who he is or what he does, that's all I can tell you :\)

And I can't really define Caliburn, I think it is just your regular sword, but Shiro traced a version that would achieve his goal of killing Berserker (remember Archer said something about imaging what he needed to win? I think Shiro made sure that when he traced the sword, it had that one-hit kill built into it :\)

And Gae Bolg, unlike Saber's swords, does not get any power boosts when the Noble Phantasm is used, it just redirects it's attack to the opponent's heart. This makes me believe that if the opponent's armor is thick enough, or if they're fast enough, they can survive (much like Saber did). Good luck surviving an Excaliber blast
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 11:05   Link #322
mr.muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Who's Shiki Tohno? I don't remember such character in F/SN...?
He's the main character from the Type Moon game Tsukihime which was later made into an anime series. He has the power to see objects' "life-lines" (can't think of a better term). When these "life-lines" are cut the object is destroyed.
mr.muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 12:03   Link #323
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Basically, Shiki's a guy you don't wanna mess with.
Old 2006-04-28, 12:04   Link #324
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside
Unlimited Ova Works?
That'd be brillant. Though we'll have to kill Yuji Yamaguchi(director of the anime), revive him as a servent, and have Archer teach him how to change UBW into UOW.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 12:07   Link #325
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.muffin
He's the main character from the Type Moon game Tsukihime which was later made into an anime series. He has the power to see objects' "life-lines" (can't think of a better term). When these "life-lines" are cut the object is destroyed.
Just watched the anime...doesn't make too much sense...(why do you need to see the break lines just to kill a person? Chop off their head and it's all done!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
Shiki is from an earlier Type Moon game (I donno who he is or what he does, that's all I can tell you :\)

And I can't really define Caliburn, I think it is just your regular sword, but Shiro traced a version that would achieve his goal of killing Berserker (remember Archer said something about imaging what he needed to win? I think Shiro made sure that when he traced the sword, it had that one-hit kill built into it :\)

And Gae Bolg, unlike Saber's swords, does not get any power boosts when the Noble Phantasm is used, it just redirects it's attack to the opponent's heart. This makes me believe that if the opponent's armor is thick enough, or if they're fast enough, they can survive (much like Saber did). Good luck surviving an Excaliber blast
Armor won't stop GaeBolg. Luck is needed.
Old 2006-04-28, 12:29   Link #326
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.muffin
Actually, they're more like the "lines of death" from anything, even living beings. With such power, Shiki could destroy anything, even immortal beings.

Like i said, with such power, he could destroy even Nero Chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Basically, Shiki's a guy you don't wanna mess with.
Yeah, specially in his "Shiki Nanaya"-mode. He was an absolute badass.
I just loved how he fought Nero in TSUKIHIME manga volume 2.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 12:43   Link #327
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Just watched the anime...doesn't make too much sense...(why do you need to see the break lines just to kill a person? Chop off their head and it's all done!)

Armor won't stop GaeBolg. Luck is needed.
Shiki can see the line of existance for everything form the a grain of sand to the entire universe. If he cuts the lines he can end the existance for anything. His killed list included, Acruid, Nero and the Other Shiki which has a lesser ver of his power. He also came form a long line of assassins and was train form birth to be a master assassin.
Old 2006-04-28, 14:27   Link #328
Magister Aurelius
Currently cuddling Caster

Quote:
With the way of how the anime's bring in parts of the three scenarios together, i think anything after the anime would just be pointless.

Well.. if they wanted to make new stories.
Like a new Grail War with Archerko? And perhaps all of the previous war's female servants could be indisposed due to pregnancy....
Magister Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 17:00   Link #329
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister Aurelius
Like a new Grail War with Archerko? And perhaps all of the previous war's female servants could be indisposed due to pregnancy....
Fate/Doujin Night
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 17:01   Link #330
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznar
Fate/Doujin Night
or Fate/Stay Night School Rumble

Tenma would make a very good archer

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2006-04-28 at 19:13.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 20:31   Link #331
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Acruid was killed by him though she wasn't destroyed while Nero was...which is weird. If his power is only to kill a certain person, the eye of death is not needed...(anyone can kill a person)
Old 2006-05-05, 02:50   Link #332
Nameless

Eh, I think you guys are underestimating how fast a woman's feelings can change.

When you're dealing with emotion, feelings, love, 5 hours is a long enough time as it is. Even her feelings changing over the course of 2 episodes was long enough.

In my opinion, you guys are too used to stupid anime like Love Hina where the feelings between people span over 20+ episodes.

Maybe I'm putting it in too short of words.

Okay let's say you meet this girl, and you and her have a professional relationship, but inside you think to yourself how cute she is when she's focused on work or mad at you. One day you and her get trapped in an elevator and might die. 5 hours in that elevator will go by, and you'd think you and her have been married for 5 years.

It's a heat of the moment type of thing, but because Shirou is so much like Arthura, but also dominantly protects her, she feels something she probably never felt even in her first life- A dependancy to a man.

You also forgot all those nights she stayed up waiting for him while he was at school trying to take on Servents by himself.

As someone mentioned, jealousy is love's first stone. Wanna take a guess at what the second usually is?
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 11:48   Link #333
mlai

I don't understand how Saber's *original* Excalibur bounces off of Berserker's skin, but Shirou's *imaged* Caliburn (a lesser sword even in its original form) kills Berserker 7 times with one blow.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 11:57   Link #334
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ its because wht shirou images is something that he thinks that would beat his opponent...therefore his image becomes reality...thats wht i think

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 11:58   Link #335
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Shiki actually kills the existence by cutting the dot. The dot is the central point that holds the existence of whatever it is he's fighting together. The lines, when cut, just has their existence "collapse" in a sense, or "destroyed" in a physical sense, but not "destroyed" in an existential sense.

Oh, and traced Caliburn? PLOT DEVICE. The original wasn't even that powerful.

It was supposed to highlight Shirou's ability to refine and utilize Imaging/Tracing. As with Archer and Caladbolg 2, since refining a pre-existing Noble Phantasm ranks very high in the difficulty meter.

Well, it'd only work like that with Saber, at the least. That and, the way that Caliburn + Saber got Berserker killed is different in the anime than in the game.

---

Here's an example of just how hard it is to modify Noble Phantasms. Although I'll be using someone else's example from Beast's Lair (because the way it was put was very sensible than anything on this topic).

Imagine the Mona Lisa as seen in person. Obviously everyone already has fixed perceptions of just what the Mona Lisa looks like. Now, imagine adding a part of neko ears on the Mona Lisa to serve as your modification. It won't hold, because the improvement doesn't agree with the imagery of the fixed perception of what the Mona Lisa is. Improving on something that's already been defined is a very hard mental task, moreso for that mental imagery to take form.

That is essentially Imaging/Tracing.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2006-07-08 at 12:17.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 13:47   Link #336
mlai

Quote:
Seeing Saber with dual swords wouldn't make sense....knights only wield one sword =S and if they said her origin was in England...even more impossible with the Knight's code of honor.
She used 2 swords in the battle of Camlann against Mordred.
Old 2006-07-08, 14:24   Link #337
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

He meant dual-wielding. Of course you can use a second sword if necessary.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 00:02   Link #338
Question
Crossdresser

mlai : you sure about that? Which 2 swords was that? By that time caliburn was long gone.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 11:55   Link #339
mlai

I only meant in the anime, where Arturia used 2 swords against Mordred. One is Excalibur, the other is some generic sword she prolly picked up off the ground.

I kinda remember King Arthur in the old movie "Excalibur" doing the same thing against his son Mordred.
Old 2008-08-10, 09:16   Link #340
LoveYouSaber

Hi guys, this is my first post to the forum~

Currently watching Fate/Stay Night for the first time (lol, guess I'm really slow). I was distressed after watching this episode. Regarding the bathing scene, how could Shirou not say any words of comfort to Saber~!!! Clearly she seemed on the verge of tears about her body uncomparable to Rin and too muscular and the like. I just wished Shirou would have told her body is beautiful (my opinion) or at least all right, instead of just walking out, like passively agreeing with Saber's (wrong) view. Shirou is really a bastard for this lol.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote