AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-09-27, 04:30   Link #1641
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
From my understanding the beams used
in IS are closer to Cyclops' from X-men,
meaning they're primarily force-based
instead of heat-based.
SInce Laura can block Cecilia's attack then yes, it's really a mass based beam weapon....

And I have a plan with this...
Old 2011-09-27, 04:56   Link #1642
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
SInce Laura can block Cecilia's attack then yes, it's really a mass based beam weapon....

And I have a plan with this...
I'm assuming it still has some heat right? I doubt there's a laser that's completely heat free.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 05:08   Link #1643
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I'm assuming it still has some heat right? I doubt there's a laser that's completely heat free.
Indeed, it's after all CHARGED PARTICLE beam = Plasma beam = WHOPPING ten thousands kelvin or so.

However, due to the heat transfer / heat loss ratio, particle beam > laser in terms of power efficiency (also a plot point later)

(Though in real life, no particle beam will work inside atmosphere...)
Old 2011-09-27, 05:12   Link #1644
Eratas123

Quote:
Indeed, it's after all CHARGED PARTICLE beam = Plasma beam = WHOPPING ten thousands kelvin or so.

However, due to the heat transfer / heat loss ratio, particle beam > laser in terms of power efficiency (also a plot point later)

Irish vs Kyuukai for chapter 4, good idea or not? Ichika will be trying to save Cecilia which will keep him busy for the duration of the chapter.
Old 2011-09-27, 05:17   Link #1645
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Irish vs Kyuukai for chapter 4, good idea or not? Ichika will be trying to save Cecilia which will keep him busy for the duration of the chapter.
Kuukai would trumpled him in ten second, flat, no offense...

Kuukai has both close and long range combat, Irish lacks the former, unless Irish has some comrades backing him up he has no chance.
Old 2011-09-27, 05:20   Link #1646
Eratas123

Quote:
Kuukai would trumpled him in ten second, flat, no offense...

Kuukai has both close and long range combat, Irish lacks the former, unless Irish has some comrades backing him up he has no chance.
No offense taken Irish is just trying to distract Kyuukai so his teammates (particularly Joshua) can get away before he gets to arrest them. I know Kyuukai is WAY stronger than Irish but Irish at least still has stealth and agility to back him up, along with a shit ton of grenades and the jammer knife
Old 2011-09-27, 05:26   Link #1647
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
No offense taken Irish is just trying to distract Kyuukai so his teammates (particularly Joshua) can get away before he gets to arrest them. I know Kyuukai is WAY stronger than Irish but Irish at least still has stealth and agility to back him up, along with a shit ton of grenades and the jammer knife
Initiate combat alculation, adding the fact of skill discrepancy, experience, equipment, terrain effect....

Irish will be able to hold him for a long time in smaller places (like...sewer?) that he has smaller figure and faster.
Old 2011-09-27, 05:36   Link #1648
Eratas123

Quote:
Initiate combat alculation, adding the fact of skill discrepancy, experience, equipment, terrain effect....

Irish will be able to hold him for a long time in smaller places (like...sewer?) that he has smaller figure and faster.
Was planning more on an open area but surrounded by a lot of buildings both big and small. Was gonna play it kind of like a hit and run thing where Irish keeps taking potshots and throwing flashbangs while running from building to building to avoid getting spotted. Is it okay?
Old 2011-09-27, 05:49   Link #1649
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thumbs up

Quote:
Was planning more on an open area but surrounded by a lot of buildings both big and small. Was gonna play it kind of like a hit and run thing where Irish keeps taking potshots and throwing flashbangs while running from building to building to avoid getting spotted. Is it okay?
nuff said
Old 2011-09-27, 05:54   Link #1650
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- Who is your physics teacher? He should be shot dead.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 05:55   Link #1651
Eratas123

Quote:
nuff said
Thanks Last question for now- EthernalRain hasn't responded or messaged me back in about three days and I'm wondering if I should just post the draft of chapter three then edit it out later if he gives the edit or just wait it out, what do you think?
Old 2011-09-27, 05:55   Link #1652
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Now now, you don't have to go <Ren> on us.
Old 2011-09-27, 06:03   Link #1653
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Particle beam Weapon is too wide and catch-all a term. What Zero says is true for NEUTRAL Particle Beams, but in Atmosphere you would be using Electron Particle Beams.

In effect, it's like saying: "A torpedo doesn't work outside of water, therefore any weapon launched from a submarine will not work outside water." --which is obviously not true.

Quote:
Types of Particle-Beam Weapons
There are two broad types of particle-beam weapons: the charged-particle beam weapon and the neutral-particle beam weapon. The charged-particle variety would be developed for use within the atmosphere (endoatmospheric) and has a set of technological characteristics that are entirely different from the neutral particle beam weapon that would be used in space (exoatmospheric). Primarily, the extremely high power and precisely defined beam characteristics required for a particle beam to propagate through the atmosphere distinguish an endoatmospheric device from a beam weapon designed to operate in space. The development of a power supply and particle accelerator with sufficient power and appropriately shaped pulses for endoatmospheric weapons depends on very "high-risk" technology and is likely years away.1

The technological problems associated with exoatmospheric weapons are considerable also, but they are not as difficult as those associated with endoatmospheric weapons. Here, the greatest challenge is in the area of directing the beam: the weapon must be able to focus its energy to strike a target that may be thousands of kilometers away. There are two aspects to this challenge. First, the weapon must create a high-intensity, neutral beam with negligible divergence as it leaves the accelerator. Second, the weapon must have a system for aiming its beam at the target. This system must be able to detect pointing errors in a beam (which is itself very difficult to detect because of its lack of an electric charge) and, when necessary, redirect a missed "shot" toward the target.

Because of these two different sets of demands, the endo- and exoatmospheric devices represent two different types of weapon systems in appearance and operation. Nevertheless, there are certain fundamental areas of development that are common to both types of PBWS.
http://www.au.af.mil/au/cadre/aspj/a...g/roberds.html
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 06:09   Link #1654
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

So I decided to start doing fanfics recently, and I chose work on an IS fanfic as my first ever attempt at fanfictions.

The fic takes place after the IS drone incident from episode 4 in the IS anime series.

Here's the "synopsis" of the story I'm working on:
Quote:
IS<Infinite Stratos>: Athéna Bouclier

In the wake of the unmmaned Silver Gospel IS incident and the recent mysterious IS drone's attack on the IS Academy, various nations of the world question the integrity of each other's military forces, leading to political unrest and tension.

Praxidike, a secretive, non-govermental organisation consisting of former weapons scientists and engineers whom develops IS-grade weaponry, aims to eradicate the terrorists responsible for the drone IS attack. As such, Praxidike secretly deploys "Minerva", a customised, powered battle-armor integrated with IS technology.

The Minerva is configured such that it can only be activated with the biometric data of Praxidike's volunteer pilot, 16-year-old Inami Arisawa. Determined to uncover and apprehend the terrorists, Inami seeks to prevent the incitement of war amongst the world's nations.

Little did he know, that the terrorists are much closer to him than he would realise...
Just signed up for Fanfic.net today, so it'll be a while until I get my first chapter up(yes, the first chapter's already done XD)
Old 2011-09-27, 06:11   Link #1655
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Excuse me while post it.

CHARGED Particle beam weapon in space = plasma blowtorch inside atmosphere, I'm not kidding. The atmosphere are less pathetic than you can expect. Indeed, as Hawk's psot said:

The technological problems associated with exoatmospheric weapons are considerable also, but they are not as difficult as those associated with endoatmospheric weapons. Here, the greatest challenge is in the area of directing the beam: the weapon must be able to focus its energy to strike a target that may be thousands of kilometers away. There are two aspects to this challenge. First, the weapon must create a high-intensity, neutral beam with negligible divergence as it leaves the accelerator. Second, the weapon must have a system for aiming its beam at the target. This system must be able to detect pointing errors in a beam (which is itself very difficult to detect because of its lack of an electric charge) and, when necessary, redirect a missed "shot" toward the target.

I was talking about CHARGED particle beam, sorry Hawk. Neutral beam is invisible.

Since science goes both ways, here's a trope card for you.

Weaponized Exhaust
Recoil Boost

Also, Project RHO.

Hell, I lost my interest of writing SciFi fanfic for a while thanks to the damned website.

Anyway, we should psot this in Technology thread? I know I.S. never obey physic most of the time, just sayin.

(And since PIC diminished the inertia and thus the weight, the recoil would be damn massive)

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-09-27 at 06:23.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 06:13   Link #1656
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
So I decided to start doing fanfics recently, and I chose work on an IS fanfic as my first ever attempt at fanfictions.

The fic takes place after the IS drone incident from episode 4 in the IS anime series.

Just signed up for Fanfic.net today, so it'll be a while until I get my first chapter up(yes, the first chapter's already done XD)
What exactly are the capabilities of the armor? just wondering on how it matches up to the IS.

BTW, AWESOME! WE GOT ANOTHER FIC IN THE MAKING!
Old 2011-09-27, 06:20   Link #1657
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
What exactly are the capabilities of the armor? just wondering on how it matches up to the IS.

BTW, AWESOME! WE GOT ANOTHER FIC IN THE MAKING!
Can't tell ya the full details :3

But what I can tell you is that the Minerva's combat capability supposedly rivals that of a 3rd Generation IS unit.
Here's the video that inspired me in the case of how Minerva does combat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0MmsXdgszA&t=58s

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2011-09-27 at 06:43.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 06:24   Link #1658
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post

Veronique might pay this Gundam pilot a visit.
Old 2011-09-27, 06:38   Link #1659
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thinking about rewriting To_love-Ru Stratos...

But I doubt anybody interested in that junk...
Old 2011-09-27, 06:47   Link #1660
Eratas123

Posted chapter 3 draft on fanfiction.net, please read and review when it's up. will change to an edited version if EthernalRain replies.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest