AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-25, 02:28   Link #101
LordDemon
Yami no Ou

Man, who cares about the untranslated chapter 50 right now?! Now the PO has FINALLY released 49 and I finally read it, I can easily declare this will go down as one of my all-time favorite Maid-sama chapters.

Really, USUI was the one embarrassed? I thought the dialogue belonged to Misaki initially, but then I realized it was Usui, and everything that followed was just too cute.

It'll be REALLY interesting to see how Misaki responds in the next chapter. after the way Usui silenced all her confidence issues with a tender kiss.

She's obviously already completely fallen for him, like he said. Now I'm just waiting for Usui to completely melt her. He got fairly close in this chapter.
LordDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 05:50   Link #102
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Mentar this is manga discussion so stick to anime in anime thread and leave manga one alone.

And yeah ch 49 was cute.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 06:30   Link #103
kanon78
Confederate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Mentar this is manga discussion so stick to anime in anime thread and leave manga one alone.

And yeah ch 49 was cute.
We were "kicked out" (all posts about this subject were send to the manga thread) of the anime thread of KWMS when our discussion about Usui (being a jerk) crossed the "holy boundaries" of posting (manga) spoilers and some posters complained and got annoyed (apparently).

Chapter 49 certainly did deliver. I guess it will soon be Misaki's turn to look after/help out Usui.
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 21:04   Link #104
clairdelune371

Am I the only one that didn't like Ch49 too much? :/ It was cute yes but...

Spoiler for Spoiler for Ch48-50:

I'm curious about what people think about how Usui
Spoiler for Usui&Relationships:

Also, don't want to get into the argument but no matter how much I reread, I still don't see Mentar's pov, maybe it would be more believable coming from a girl as this is well... Shoujo manga. I've found over the years that males simply do not get it, and they're not meant to get it anyway. Usui is almost never even close to the red line, imo (except a few times). And seriously, Misaki's expressions/reactions to Usui change so, so little that if you argue Misaki is extremely bothered and feels genuinely harrassed by Usui and doesn't want him around from the beginning...
Spoiler for General development:
I still think it's pointless to argue about this because males always take things at face values and for teenage girls in a world such as Misaki's... Nope, definitely you don't take those at face value.
Spoiler for Ch49:
clairdelune371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 20:33   Link #105
clairdelune371

Oh I just noticed in Ch37 that Usui gives pre-warning about the transfer. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed this, but it was certain even back then, but whyyyyy. Hate waiting.
Old 2010-06-03, 01:26   Link #106
Mentar
Banned

And so, the hammer is lifting for the fall...

Somehow, I have a hunch that KWMS 51 will be big on drama and not entirely pleasant...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 05:33   Link #107
Sol Falling

Whoa. Chapter 50 was pretty damn interesting. Let's see here.

Usui going to Miyabigaoka...to be honest, I've had a hard time taking that threat seriously. It just doesn't really make sense to me. I mean, it's just another school, right? And they're in their second year of high school. That's like one year to go. It's not like it would be an actual meaningful separation. That's why this chapter brings a bit of clarity. Usui's 'world' isn't just as far as Miyabigaoka. Apparently it's way beyond that. And this is what makes the dynamic highlighted in this chapter so damned interesting.

Misaki said, "I wonder when I started to feel I was being too greedy". She said, "I'm afraid of breaking the status quo." We might say, true, Usui is repressing himself. But it's not in having to hold himself back from Misaki. He's not waiting any longer. Usui is strained right now because Misaki's existence is anchoring him there, keeping him tied down against a raging current trying to drag him far away, and that is why it is clear now, like Tora said, despite all Usui's disparaging talk about 'lovers', that it isn't that he and Misaki don't want to step past the status quo; it's that they can't.

Misaki's fear and rejection of the 'other world' is instinctual. She knows she's losing Usui to it. She knows she's powerless to reach in there and to help him. That is pretty much why she is stalling right now, waiting for Usui, and accepting things, basically just holding him there with her hesitation. But this, of course despite the development made out of it this chapter, is fine. This is the best we can do right now, no matter how strained Usui is in holding on, because we know that giving up isn't an option. Giving up isn't what either of them want, and for that reason it would be no mercy.

Where I feel like the story is going from now, what I feel like Misaki will be preparing to do, is sprint. She needs to be getting ready, because while it's been Usui who has pulled and prodded her into chasing him thus far, soon he will be swept away. It is not really his own fault; Misaki has always been his only anchor. For the helping hands alluded at the start of this series I think this is the place they will finally emerge: it is only natural that the one to let go will be Usui, because he has already given up, but Misaki's role will be to restore that faith by sprinting after him the way he's always seen her do everything else. The one stretching out a helping hand this time will be Misaki.

This was the kind of thing this chapter had me thinking even before I saw Usui's brother, lol :P.

As for him though, after ch. 49: man is this manga really moving. lol, I dunno if I'd call it the climax, but something is really moving forward. It's pretty hard to get any sort of read on him (big brother) after only two pages, but I do have to say I am pretty bemused that it is the more British one who has black hair. As far as any real reason for Usui's family to get back involved, it seems kinda beyond me because despite any superb academic aptitude, I feel like Usui's only real skills fall under the cooking/butlering/serving variety. Usui simply has not been raised as a leader. And as such, I am wondering what great value he could have that his family is involving him again in such a manner.

I suppose I am simply looking forward to interesting interactions between elder Usui and Misaki.

lol, well at least thus far I am not feeling anything terrible on the horizon.

Anyway, on a final separate note, I felt Igarashi gained a fair bit of depth in this chapter. We knew that Tora's interest shifted from Misaki to Usui pretty much completely by at least the footman audition, and maybe even as early as the end of chapter 8. However, I never really got a feel for what exactly was so 'interesting' about our protagonists to him, until we got this out of him this chapter: "A narrow minded person like you, shouldn't even think of measuring my pride". While that was of course a response towards Misaki, in its vehemence I can't help but think it was something else that injured him. It indeed feels like his 'interest' in Usui and Misaki might be a cover for something else. While that'd be intriguing from a plot perspective, my intention isn't to make predictions here, and indeed i will go back to my main mention that it makes Tora a more interesting character for me.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 14:12   Link #108
clairdelune371

Entire chapter 51 recap for anyone who is interested can be found here.
Old 2010-06-27, 03:47   Link #109
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is the evil student council hate Misaki so badly until he willing to toy her feeling or he just want her so badly?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 03:52   Link #110
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

---Misak seriously needs to be more honest and decide things about Usui soons...I feel something bad will happen after all of this..

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 04:18   Link #111
Mentar
Banned

And the plot thickens, and the show is getting better and better.

Misaki, my heart is aching for you. Big kudos for finally summoning up the courage in c51. Just where is this going now?

Can't wait for the next chapters.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 06:30   Link #112
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Good chapter. Seems like Usui may be leaving pretty soon or something like that. Either way I like where the story is going.
Old 2010-07-17, 14:37   Link #113
LordDemon
Yami no Ou

That chapter was a little heart wrenching, but I like the way Usui composed himself in putting Misaki's first heartfelt confession of her feelings on hold and choosing to maintain their status quo until the turbulence surrounding them can be regulated and eventually negated. Looking forward to where we go from here, and more specifically, I'm looking forward to how Misaki approaches everything from now on. Knowing her, she's not going to sit on the side-lines and let Usui fight his family on his own, and I'm almost positive she'll intervene on the basis that it's finally her time to save Usui.

Should be fun ^^
Old 2010-07-17, 16:05   Link #114
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
---Misak seriously needs to be more honest and decide things about Usui soons...I feel something bad will happen after all of this..
Same here. She says she doesn't, but when she's with him she acts differently.
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 13:56   Link #115
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I just read the special Gender-bent chapter.
Spoiler for Special Gender-bent chapter:
Old 2010-08-28, 13:54   Link #116
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Just read chapter 53.

Spoiler for Chapter 53:
Old 2010-09-29, 19:40   Link #117
LordDemon
Yami no Ou

My my, chapter 54 has kept up Maid-sama's impressive streak. Every time a plot point appears that usually bogs down progression in other romance manga, Maid-sama masterfully wraps up the said point and brings our cute pairing even closer together. The end of the chapter made me melt, because it's the first time Misaki has ever said her "Perverted outer space human!" line, not out of embarrassment, but from pure affection.

Loved it.

Too bad I'll likely be the only one to comment on it.
Old 2010-09-30, 01:43   Link #118
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Chapter 54 was good. Like the Usui and Misaki interactions as always. With how Cedric was talking to Misaki about not being good enough or his equal. Kind of sets up a entry for a female character. Who maybe Usui's family set up an possible arranged marriage. Its a possibility.
Old 2010-09-30, 12:00   Link #119
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Chapter 54 was good. Like the Usui and Misaki interactions as always. With how Cedric was talking to Misaki about not being good enough or his equal. Kind of sets up a entry for a female character. Who maybe Usui's family set up an possible arranged marriage. Its a possibility.
i agree i enoyed 54 but i hope they dont do the arranged marriage scenario
Old 2010-09-30, 12:21   Link #120
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
i agree i enoyed 54 but i hope they dont do the arranged marriage scenario
Oh god I certainly hope they don't do the arranged marriage scenario, I've actually come to really dislike that cliche.
I mean after all this time, Usui hasn't said a thing about it and it suddenly pops up and causes the usual unneeded emoness and melodrama.

It's like "oh Usui your the smartest person in the school and well probably smater than 90% of the population but your not smart enough to deal with your unwanted arranged marriage and telling the girl you like about it" yea real smart