AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-04, 23:58   Link #141
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I did find it surprising that we were suddenly pushing the love triangle business at this stage. Not that it's a bad thing necessarily. But they hadn't been that focused on that for quite a while. I mean sure probably a good idea to drop it during the whole beams of death business. But it caught me a bit offguard. Not going to really complain though. Good that both Elsha and Atlee are relaxed enough to express themselves in that sense. Even if Elsha did need a push from Bit to actually do that.

Thank goodness they've gotten Arrow back to himself there. Not that I can blame him for being so depressed. Pretty sure I'd be a total wreck that wouldn't have a subconscious will to live keeping me from getting killed during that duel against Kai. Good on him for picking himself back up even if he did need a bit of help to get there.

Even explained jumbo Shu. Of course his conviction would be something like that . Shu is Shu .
Old 2021-06-05, 08:16   Link #142
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Now they do love triangles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
One thing I found odd is how Elsha suddenly started to act like she's in love with Arrow (which she is) when the show had avoided love triangles until now. But it actually looks like Atlee is willing to share...
Possibly Bit too...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 13:38   Link #143
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I love this show, but I gotta say that love triangle thing came out of nowhere (I guess if you really try, you could say there were a few hints?).
At least they are not wasting any episodes on it though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-05, 18:39   Link #144
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I guess you could say there was a love triangle early on, which was Bit -> Atlee -> Arrow. They seem to have dropped Bit liking Atlee at some point. Maybe he's into Shu now.
Old 2021-06-11, 16:58   Link #145
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This week's episode really makes you wonder why Arrow was even sent to Ringerind. They clearly don't need him to destroy it. I sense a last minute twist.

Kai, Ren, and Shu all made up. Awww.
Old 2021-06-11, 18:06   Link #146
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
This week's episode really makes you wonder why Arrow was even sent to Ringerind. They clearly don't need him to destroy it. I sense a last minute twist.

Kai, Ren, and Shu all made up. Awww.
Maybe his flaw in the system was intended but why? I guess we find out next week.
Old 2021-06-11, 18:18   Link #147
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Maybe his flaw in the system was intended but why? I guess we find out next week.
Yeah.

On another note, did anyone else think notArrow was actually Lecca's prime minister? It took me a few seconds to realize it was actually Arrow with a beard.
Old 2021-06-11, 20:19   Link #148
LKK

Quote:
On another note, did anyone else think notArrow was actually Lecca's prime minister? It took me a few seconds to realize it was actually Arrow with a beard.
*raises hand* I did. I didn't realize he was Arrow's twin until he came on screen the second time.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 01:20   Link #149
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

God has to administrate all of the areas. So he sent Arrow.
But he also previously sent Rudolph, who seems to have enough power to destroy the world himself.
The reason he has not destroyed the world yet was because God didn't need to, he was just controlling the area to feed to God. But then Zetsu came along, so God decides to destroy the world. So he sent Arrow. But instead of sending Arrow, couldn't he have just told Rudolph to destroy the world? Hm...

Quote:
Yeah.

Yeah, I thought it was the prime minister at first.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-06-12, 05:31   Link #150
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Yeah.

Same. I thought there was going to be a reveal about that prime minister.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 07:08   Link #151
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Guess it's a case of poor character design then.
Old 2021-06-14, 01:40   Link #152
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Honestly I didn't immediately get it either. Could have believed it was just me and I suck at identifying people after minor changes like a beard. But nice to not be alone there .

"The final enemy is me" and my only reaction to that line was basically confusion!
Old 2021-06-16, 21:05   Link #153
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Yeah.

I'm also guilty of that. Glad to know I'm in good company.
Old 2021-06-18, 12:10   Link #154
akumaten

Crazy, yet fun show.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 12:39   Link #155
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Spoiler for god:
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 13:00   Link #156
Dop
Mmmm....

Well that was an enjoyable show, while I felt it dragged a bit in the middle once it picked itself up and started running again I got more into it again.

Spoiler for Ending:
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-18, 15:13   Link #157
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

Old 2021-06-18, 18:43   Link #158
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So in the end, this was all basically Cells at work of the rebellion? I know they weren't actually cells, but they're still small organisms whose purpose was to maintain a human alive. The show itself even used that comparison. One last crazy twist to go out with, I excepted nothing less from this show.

It started a bit slow, but it remained fun at all times. Shu was probably the most entertaining character in this year's batch of anime. Rudolf and Zetsu also get a honorable mention. I'd recommend this show to any mecha fan.
Old 2021-06-19, 16:40   Link #159
Alchemist007
*Author

I think I expected something interesting from the mystery of this world but the answer I got was literally god / some lifeform representing as such. I just find that to be less interesting of an answer. The characters at least seemed to be fun.

6.5/10
Old 2021-06-20, 11:37   Link #160
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well, can't say I saw all that coming. Though I suppose it all made enough sense by the end. All the people effectively cells that were being processed in order to keep a life preservation system active. Although trapping someone as an infant for thousands of years would be one heck of a hell in and of itself.

I really should have expected nothing less from this crazy show. All the craziness and political chaos and it really was leading to all this . That's one heck of a revelation. The existence of your entire universe only served to keep a single individual alive.

The show wasn't amazing, but it was a pretty enjoyable ride overall.

Tags
mecha, sci-fi, western